PDA

View Full Version : How do we know that Mr. Jefferson didn't just hide in the darkroom and survive?

Ravenda
20th Oct 2015, 21:26
Seriously though? How do we know, he might of been protected throughout the whole thing. The reality where he get's dealt with by David never happens because Max goes back in time to prevent Chloe from being killed by him in episode 4.

ChrisGlenn
20th Oct 2015, 21:45
He actually got jailed in prison because Nathan told all he knows to the police when he got arrested after killing Chloe. So, even if he decided to hide and just stay there, in the end the police would have gone to the Dark Room and just do their job.

Ravenda
20th Oct 2015, 22:10
He actually got jailed in prison because Nathan told all he knows to the police when he got arrested after killing Chloe. So, even if he decided to hide and just stay there, in the end the police would have gone to the Dark Room and just do their job.

That's if you let Chloe die. Not if you sacrifice Arcadia Bay

Corinth
20th Oct 2015, 22:23
Because David came in and rescued Max, and in doing so, knocked out and bound up Mr. Jefferson?

ChrisGlenn
20th Oct 2015, 22:23
That's if you let Chloe die. Not if you sacrifice Arcadia Bay

Well, then I think he just did what you said and then abandoned the town.

PHub07
20th Oct 2015, 22:24
Because David came in and rescued Max, and in doing so, knocked out and bound up Mr. Jefferson?

I was gonna say that too then I realized I didn't pick that ending. I'm assuming if you let Chloe die....nothing at all you did during the game ever happened....including the David rescue you thing.

Corinth
20th Oct 2015, 22:45
I was gonna say that too then I realized I didn't pick that ending. I'm assuming if you let Chloe die....nothing at all you did during the game ever happened....including the David rescue you thing.

Well if you let Chloe die at the very end... Max exits the bathroom and then tells the police (who'd be all over the building arresting Nathan) about Mr. Jefferson, she'd tell them where the Darkroom is, and then Mr. Jefferson gets arrested too. In fact, one of the photos showed him in handcuffs after Chloe dies.

pilottjLIS
21st Oct 2015, 03:32
Wouldn't Max be using knowelge from the future to expose this information, thus again twisting reality which she wanted to avoid? Does she even know she have her powers when she returns to the beginning? Is she supposed to 'forget' the future to avoid affecting it? Remember at first she didn't even know the girl being shot was Chloe.

Thats what I find kind of funny about the Kill Chloe choice. If she kills Chloe to 'make things right'....she is yet again altering reality by using the picture to go back in time. If she warns the police, she will again be 'affecting' the reality with foreknowlege. If she forgets everything, then all the people Max helped will go on with their troubles and the town is still headed to economic and environmental ruin.

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 05:34
Wouldn't Max be using knowelge from the future to expose this information, thus again twisting reality which she wanted to avoid? Does she even know she have her powers when she returns to the beginning? Is she supposed to 'forget' the future to avoid affecting it? Remember at first she didn't even know the girl being shot was Chloe.

Thats what I find kind of funny about the Kill Chloe choice. If she kills Chloe to 'make things right'....she is yet again altering reality by using the picture to go back in time. If she warns the police, she will again be 'affecting' the reality with foreknowlege. If she forgets everything, then all the people Max helped will go on with their troubles and the town is still headed to economic and environmental ruin.

It is quite clear that Max doesn't remember anything until she gets to the time when she altered time through the photo.

Ravenda
21st Oct 2015, 06:49

That never happens because Max creates an alternative timeline where she prevents Chloe from going to the party?

EggFried
22nd Oct 2015, 16:17
Seriously though? How do we know, he might of been protected throughout the whole thing. The ending is too flawed

In that reality Max had already sent the text to David Madsen.

In the "sacrifice Chloe" ending, Nathan confesses Jefferson's involvement to the cops. Either way he gets caught.

StrangerThanFiction
22nd Oct 2015, 16:23
That never happens because Max creates an alternative timeline where she prevents Chloe from going to the party?

There's so many timelines! EGAD!

Following the timeline where Max prevents Chloe from the party; David could've still went in and got Jefferson (hopefully this time with backup).

Ravenda
24th Oct 2015, 12:39
In that reality Max had already sent the text to David Madsen.

In the "sacrifice Chloe" ending, Nathan confesses Jefferson's involvement to the cops. Either way he gets caught.

Oh I must of missed that when I played.