PDA

View Full Version : Not the kind of ending I've expected [SPOILERS]

ChrisGlenn
20th Oct 2015, 20:26
[Sorry for my basic vocabulary, English is not my language :whistle:]

I'll go straight for it. The ending wasn't that good because of many reasons. Mainly because the ending was way too obvious, at least for me. You had to choose between the selfish side of both girls and save Chloe, let the many people die (I don't feel like it's the best option so far), forget the many souls that have left the world, like Warren, Joyce, even David, and leave the town or just sacrifice Chloe, who's the root of all this disaster, and save all Arcadia Bay while nobody knows it, except for Max.

Both of the endings are pretty sad, each one in its way, and I guess it's supposed to be the most touching part of the game. Moreover, you don't have to see a lot of films to know what will happen in LiS. The cool guys turn out to be the antagonsits and the bad guys, the good ones. For example, Nathan was honestly a pretty nice dude, though he was frustrated for all the manipulation he was suffering from. Also, David seemed to be the unpleasant and bully security guard that instead, he knew all what was happening and also turned out to be the good guy. Honestly, the devs. did a great job at covering the real roles of these characters, but yeah, you don't have to watch until Episode 5 to know they aren't what they look like (at least if you really pay attention).

To conclude, I'd like to say this Episode was pretty weak, I expected something way better and sentimental for this piece of art. Except all this, this game is 8.5/10.

PD: I expected this song to be the credits song, but I guess it wasn't dramatic enough for the endings, haha.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiyU0wVnMkA - Syd Matters - Black and White eyes

She's been dancing in a topless bar
And she's doing well so far
She is working to earn her own dollar
'Cause the fortune teller didn't talk about stars

CHORUS
She has black and white eyes
A mind full of vintage squibs
She has black and white eyes
A mind full of cheering lives

She needs something
To keep her feet on the ground
'Cause when she's flying around
She never wants to come back down
She lost her smile in '95
When she woke up on the back seat of a studded car

CHORUS

'think I lost her at 24
When she started to lock herself up behind the bathroom door

All along the white line
She can travel back in time
All along the white line
(X2)

I'm on my way looking up today
Never mind if it could be worthing
Tuesday flies away

PHub07
20th Oct 2015, 20:35
Yup, this seems to be a theme here. Its honestly really really surprising to me how lackluster the ending is....and thus the entire finale episode.

Seeing as how the game was so good....I am so surprised by this. The ending was so obvious that it was probably the very first thought anybody had back when playing episode 1 and speculating about Chloe and her almost dying. But that actually ended up being the case? Not even gonna go into it like you and others have......but that pretty much makes her powers useless...pointless...and make absolutely no sense.

I wouldnt even be upset if I knew they planned more or something. It ended so terribly.

Corinth
20th Oct 2015, 20:46
What throws me for a loop, is that in one ending...

You basically never even played the game at all.

And in the other...

Everybody's dead except you and Chloe.

I mean... what kinda choice is that, anyways? lol.

There has got to be some kinda secret that nobody has discovered yet, surely. That can't be all there is to it.

ChrisGlenn
20th Oct 2015, 20:55
Anyways, I've read that this is the Season 1. That means a Season 2 is on the way to come and we'll maybe know more things. Honestly, who knows... perhaps it will be a entire new story, or perhaps it will never come out to light.

CrystalXPredator
20th Oct 2015, 21:06
Anyways, I've read that this is the Season 1. That means a Season 2 is on the way to come and we'll maybe know more things. Honestly, who knows... perhaps it will be a entire new story, or perhaps it will never come out to light.

Yes but they didn't say anything about continue the story of Max and Chloe, although both ending telling others like

Sacrifice Chloe = A blue butterfly again ... Max is smiling? Come on
Sacrifice Arcadia Bay = Max and Chloe leaving together Arcadia Bay now? Really

So I think there is a 50% chance that they will continue or just want us to create our own closed endings, to keep talking about.
Or there coming really some secrets well, speculation of speculation. I hella hate that Q_Q

PHub07
20th Oct 2015, 21:10
Yes but they didn't say anything about continue the story of Max and Chloe, although both ending telling others like

Sacrifice Chloe = A blue butterfly again ... Max is smiling? Come on
Sacrifice Arcadia Bay = Max and Chloe leaving together Arcadia Bay now? Really

So I think there is a 50% chance that they will continue or just want us to create our own closed endings, to keep talking about.
Or there coming really some secrets well, speculation of speculation. I hella hate that Q_Q

Thats whats so weird....had they not specifically expressed interest in doing another season with different people. I would have absolutely been like....oh ok I can live with this they obviously plan to continue THIS story.

Did they change their minds or something? The comments about not continuing with Max and Chloe make no sense with these endings. SO much is left desired in these endings.

CrystalXPredator
20th Oct 2015, 21:23
Thats whats so weird....had they not specifically expressed interest in doing another season with different people. I would have absolutely been like....oh ok I can live with this they obviously plan to continue THIS story.

Did they change their minds or something? The comments about not continuing with Max and Chloe make no sense with these endings. SO much is left desired in these endings.

Exactly, I can understand when they want us players keep talking, create and discuss of theories, about this game. But I won't accept it at all. I just personally can't. It just feels like episode 5 is a two part episode and we just played part 1. :S
I hope Dotnod will explain it soon why they let it end like this. I just want to understand the endings at the moment I can't.
So many question left open

PHub07
20th Oct 2015, 21:32
Exactly, I can understand when they want us players keep talking, create and discuss of theories, about this game. But I won't accept it at all. I just personally can't. It just feels like episode 5 is a two part episode and we just played part 1. :S
I hope Dotnod will explain it soon why they let it end like this. I just want to understand the endings at the moment I can't.
So many question left open

Agree, did NOT feel like an ending. Felt like just another episode.

UNKLEPhilosophy
21st Oct 2015, 08:47
Strange how everybody whinig about the endings... Why everybody wants a SUPER hYPER fantasy fairy tale happy ending?

Arcadia bay was **** place anyway... the endings wasn't even sad totally. Its feels NORMAL.

Tataboj
21st Oct 2015, 09:00
Strange how everybody whinig about the endings... Why everybody wants a SUPER hYPER fantasy fairy tale happy ending?

Arcadia bay was **** place anyway... the endings wasn't even sad totally. Its feels NORMAL.

In every episode happened something that just left me saying "holy ****", called WTF moments. So I expected some big revelation in the end, not a totally predictable ending. That's what I mainly find bad about the ending.

CrystalXPredator
21st Oct 2015, 09:34

I want endings that makes sense to me as example, I want to understand what happens exactly not a unicorn rainbow ending if this is what you saying, meaning?

The endings are okay so far I mean for me it was clear you have to sacrifice Chloe, Arcadia Bay (or even Max herself, this was my personal thinking when she said that she caused this at the end. I was thinking that she will surrender and kill herself)

But they gave me more questions than I really wanted.

Sacrifice Arcadia Bay = They are leaving the town, why for what reason? She still have the powers so when Chloe is messing around and get in trouble again, Max will rewind again and the storm will begin again, in the next town?
Seems to me if you go with that ending you could causing more tornados whioch means Max could destroy the whole world. xD

Sacrifice Chloe = Okay Max still have the memory and so does she have the rewind powers after seeing the blue butterfly again and Max is smiling?? Why is she smiling? 'Cause that she got a sign to rewind again.

What I want to say is WHAT does the endings mean? Will they continue the story one more time? Extended cut in some diashow and explain each ending? I am really confused I have several answers for each ending by myself only for myself of course and right I am thinking they will even if they don't they just showed it up this way to me.

UNKLEPhilosophy
21st Oct 2015, 09:44
I want endings that makes sense to me as example, I want to understand what happens exactly not a unicorn rainbow ending if this is what you saying, meaning?

The endings are okay so far I mean for me it was clear you have to sacrifice Chloe, Arcadia Bay (or even Max herself, this was my personal thinking when she said that she caused this at the end. I was thinking that she will surrender and kill herself)

But they gave me more questions than I really wanted.

Sacrifice Arcadia Bay = They are leaving the town, why for what reason? She still have the powers so when Chloe is messing around and get in trouble again, Max will rewind again and the storm will begin again, in the next town?
Seems to me if you go with that ending you could causing more tornados whioch means Max could destroy the whole world. xD

Sacrifice Chloe = Okay Max still have the memory and so does she have the rewind powers after seeing the blue butterfly again and Max is smiling?? Why is she smiling? 'Cause that she got a sign to rewind again.

What I want to say is WHAT does the endings mean? Will they continue the story one more time? Extended cut in some diashow and explain each ending? I am really confused I have several answers for each ending by myself only for myself of course and right I am thinking they will even if they don't they just showed it up this way to me.

"Sacrifice Arcadia Bay = They are leaving the town, why for what reason?"

To start a ******* NEW LIFE? without using max powers...

This is the problem of the TODAY GAMERS, great games like this not explain everything in the ending because its let people to decide what happen next, today gamers cant understand this? this is what happened to last of us too, neil druckman wanted to let people to decide they self what happened to ellie and joel, yet people complain about that ending too...

CrystalXPredator
21st Oct 2015, 16:14
"Sacrifice Arcadia Bay = They are leaving the town, why for what reason?"

To start a ******* NEW LIFE? without using max powers...

This is the problem of the TODAY GAMERS, great games like this not explain everything in the ending because its let people to decide what happen next, today gamers cant understand this? this is what happened to last of us too, neil druckman wanted to let people to decide they self what happened to ellie and joel, yet people complain about that ending too...

I am one of these "Today Gamers", I need explanation somehow. Of course maybe I was just a bit mad how they ended it without some directly conclusion. But I don't how, but after rewatching and also reading here I found for myself a finale why I choose an ending that fits for me and now I can deal with these two endings. There was a scene were Max got back to Chloe in the storm at the beach. Chloe said something I had over heard. :)

Thank you for it I mean it really. :friends:

I mean the endings are still "strange" for me but I get it now, even if I don't like them much I can accept them for now. :)
The endings was for me like "Wait that's it? What the ..." Well let's see what is coming next I mean if there will be a season 2 they will let us know which kind of story it has even with new protagonists, characters.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 16:33
Just keep in mind the expectations lead to disappointments.

CrystalXPredator
21st Oct 2015, 16:42
You are right but I am glad anyway that I can accept them for now which means I still can replay it. xD
Which I couldn't before ^^. I am still disappointed how it ends and I always will.