PDA

View Full Version : ps3 episode 5 freeze

ivor195
20th Oct 2015, 11:56
Hi,

I met an issue playing episode 5. The game is freezing each time i get out of the dark room, after david got in and Max wants to go and see Warren. I tried several times and it's always the same thing. I deleted the game and i'm downloading it once more. Do you think that will be enough?

Well game downloaded again and still freezing at the same moment... I would appreciate some support...

MrLorenz
20th Oct 2015, 19:17
Hey,

I'm also playing on PS3 and have the EXACT SAME ISSUE! Just when Max uses the key to open the car the game completely freezes.
Support would be appreciated indeed.

wigglepie
21st Oct 2015, 05:25
I'm having the same issue on my PS3. Nothing I do seems to allow me to progress. Very frustrating, the finale is so close and yet so far.

ivor195
22nd Oct 2015, 08:33
Well,

I asked for help to square enix technical support and the guy just told me what i was afraid of... To delete all game AND SAVES and install again.

ScottBlows
22nd Oct 2015, 08:46
Well,

I asked for help to square enix technical support and the guy just told me what i was afraid of... To delete all game AND SAVES and install again.

Hello Ivorl95, can you confirm if this fixes the issue? I recommend backing up saves to external memory before erasing. At least that way you still have them if this doesn't work.

ivor195
22nd Oct 2015, 09:12
Sure, i will tell here. For the saves, i already deleted it, but anyway i have to replay from the start, and hope that at least if it doesn't work, i would be able to get to the same point as before, so it doesn't really matter.

scuttling
22nd Oct 2015, 10:41
Same problem here (though US, PS3). I will be furious if I have to completely delete and replay everything. I'm in law school... I don't have that kind of time! This is ridiculous.

wigglepie
23rd Oct 2015, 11:59
well, that sucks. I had deleted the game and re-downloaded & installed it, and was able to get past the car scene. But when I went to another save file, it crashed again at the same spot. I guess I'll have to try it again with the save files deleted this time. :(

ivor195
24th Oct 2015, 00:49
Ok i tried and it did work, fortunately.
So if u got the same problem, you have to delete game and saves...

TylenolJones71
25th Oct 2015, 08:28
I have this exact same issue (US PS3), the game freezes as Max tries to go see Warren. I downloaded the episode again too and I would really like to not have to delete all my saves. Is there anything else to help fix this?