PDA

View Full Version : Lara's voice?

Kristine@LIM
28th Jun 2002, 21:11
Does anyone know how many voice actors were hired to play Lara and what there names are?

the last frustration
28th Jun 2002, 22:04
Yes.

Kristine@LIM
28th Jun 2002, 23:09
Could you tell me please???

DKSM
29th Jun 2002, 00:25
TLF, how rude of an answer is that? But then again, since you said it, I'm not that suprised. ;)

Glider
29th Jun 2002, 05:06
Judith Gibbins did the voice of Lara for TR2 and TR3.

Core Design has never 'fessed up as to the lady's name who did the voice for TR1. Similarly, the voice artist for TR4 is unknown. I don't know why they would tell us who one was, but leave us in the dark as to the other two. :confused: :rolleyes:

Kristine@LIM
29th Jun 2002, 05:18
I knew bout Judith Gibbins but was wondering if anyone had info on the others..thank you glider for answering my question!

coyotekid
29th Jun 2002, 06:00
Is it true that Angelina jolie will do voice for The Angel Of Darkness ?

DaveJ
29th Jun 2002, 08:13
If they had a budget of $20 million for voice work alone, yes. ;)

Seems unlikely, although it was rumoured at one point.
As was getting Sir Anthony Hopkins to do the voice of Eckhardt.

skibsy
29th Jun 2002, 11:03
I don't know who did the voice for TR1 but i've always thought it was the best.

THE True Lara
29th Jun 2002, 15:31
Won't it say the names somewhere in the credits on the games? -I'd look myself, but my system's crammed at the moment.

Oh, if Core want a Lara voice I'm free for the job -already doing the voice for an up-coming Elite Force mod, so I'm game -so-to-speak ;)

LARAMANIAC
29th Jun 2002, 17:14
Originally posted by DaveJ
If they had a budget of $20 million for voice work alone, yes. ;)

Seems unlikely, although it was rumoured at one point.
As was getting Sir Anthony Hopkins to do the voice of Eckhardt.

I love Antony Hopkins - his voice is like velvet but sinister, he would be cool as Eckhardt!!!!!:p

Lara Croft Online
29th Jun 2002, 18:44
The only thing I heard mentioned was in TR 1 they used an
unknown actress for the voice.

Kristine@LIM
29th Jun 2002, 20:41
No... I've looked on all covers, it's no where to be found:(

the last frustration
29th Jun 2002, 21:34
Originally posted by DKSM
TLF, how rude of an answer is that? But then again, since you said it, I'm not that suprised. ;)

*looks insulted*

I happen to have [insert made-up word here] syndrome which means I take things literally and I am unable to think of an appropriate answer for questions and making fun of it could... um... cause me to explode. http://www.eidosgames.com/ubb/tongue.gif

DKSM
30th Jun 2002, 00:35
Originally posted by the last frustration

*looks insulted*

I happen to have [insert made-up word here] syndrome which means I take things literally and I am unable to think of an appropriate answer for questions and making fun of it could... um... cause me to explode. http://www.eidosgames.com/ubb/tongue.gif

Hehe, well I think you should be nicer because, umm, well, the thing is, you see, well you should! After all the work Kristine does to make LIM a great site (which it is) you should help her when she has a question!

thanhkim
30th Jun 2002, 01:48
The lady/ladies that does Lara's voice has the most amazing voice. Really beautifully spoken she/they are.

LeeO
30th Jun 2002, 11:48
I know that Judith Gibbons is now a ballet teacher (I think she always was). I found it out from tombraiders.com...

Bidy
1st Jul 2002, 02:00
In TRLR when you press load game and it's an empty slot the voice that say's "No" is really different that the game voice. I wonder if it's Lara as a teenager. Is the lady that does the voice for TRLR and TR5 the same person?

j.d.r.v
2nd Jul 2002, 15:38
ballet teacher hmm i guess " no thats not right go back to the star and try again" applys bolth ways eh lol