PDA

View Full Version : Brief thoughts after playing Episode 5

LordBattleBeard
20th Oct 2015, 04:53
Air punched when David Madsen and Nathan Prescott were both vindicated, and of course, David Madsen came to the rescue :)

I thoroughly enjoyed the start of the episode through to the middle of it. Both the build up and where it was headed were both excellent.. and really had me on the edge of my seat.

I was disappointed with the chapter close to the end where Max begins to go crazy in her head. I can see why it was probably put in there (to hit home the consequences of meddling with time and the toll it was taking on Max) but I found this was already achieved with the tornado wreaking havoc outside of Max's head; combined with the fact we have already learned the consequences of meddling with time prior to this. All this chapter accomplished (for me at least) was the loss of any build up leading to that point, after which it brought us abruptly with a heavy dose of confusion to the end of the chapter/game...

The ending was very so-so. I think the "saving Arcadia Bay" was the cannon ending and probably the one the developers intended. It certainly felt the more complete of the two endings. The "save Chloe" ending really didn't feel right or complete to me. Did I miss something or was it not properly explained why Sean Prescott was funding Jefferson?

I would have preferred it if the endings had more of an impact with your past decisions and had shown us something of what happened to the other characters, which I felt neither of the endings did.

It's still one of the best games I've had the pleasure of playing, but I do think they swung a miss with a few important things here.
The first 4 chapters of this game would score a 10/10 from me every time. The max going crazy in her head and incomplete ending sadly brings it down to an 8/10 for me.

RunawayMoonbeams
20th Oct 2015, 13:42
I was actually very happy* with the ending, although I anticipate it'll get howls of protest for not having a personalized slideshow of How You Personally Changed Everything Forever. That's kinda become the default for "choice games", and it's literally never been done in a satisfying way.

Life Is Strange is a bit of a deconstruction of the genre. It's interested in giving you choices, yes, but it's more interested in making you reconsider your point of view through gradually expanding what you know.

At the very end, the decision isn't so much "save Chloe or save Arcadia Bay" - it's "we've reached the consequences of your actions - can you live with them, and is it fair to make everyone else live with them too?"

I saved Chloe. I haven't replayed for Arcadia Bay yet (but I probably will tonight, and explore other dialogue trees and causality puzzles that I skimmed through while I do), but after the storm, after choosing Chloe, I don't need to be shown the specific individual consequences of my specific individual actions. That's what I've already spent the last fifteen hours seeing. We see the wreckage, we see that Max doesn't know if she made the right choice, but we don't see or need to see who lived or died.

We're finally leaving Arcadia Bay behind, but not at all in the way we always dreamed we would.

* Okay, 'happy' is not the right word. 'Crushed and wounded, but in a good way' might be more accurate.

Jeanosis
20th Oct 2015, 13:51
Agree with you. I'm not satisfied with episode 5. It's lacking of so many important moments:

1. There is no development in Max vs Chloe/Warren relationships.
It's really a bad choice to concentrate on time stuff no one understands instead of relationships which devs were putting right to our faces in previous episodes.

2. There is no "after story" action.
So we don't know how characters we interacted with are living after our influence.

3. There are too many mysticism stuff.
It's cool too see some weird symbolism things but there is simply no space to more important actions in ep5 because of symbols overflowing.

4. There is just simple "this or that" situation at the end.
So all your choices in ep5 and previous episodes are simply don't matter anymore. Feeling cheated to be honest.

5. The main message that devs gave us is that "If you can help or change something - don't do it cause it can become even worse after that.
So don't do anything and there won't be a difficulties in your life". For real? I've done everything right, saved a lot of people and especially Max's best friend(and lover ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ). And now it doesn't matter cause people are gonna die because of me helping them? That's not good at all.

Still not the ME3 ending drama but I'm upset a bit.

CrystalXPredator
20th Oct 2015, 14:20
Same here I mean I have actually the same thoughts about that, but what me bother me is why they have an open endings? :(
It feels like some kind of movies especially "Godzilla" from 2000 or 1998 not quiet sure, but at the end of that movie there was an egg and they never did continue this story. It is okay to just create now your own path what Max and Chloe do after leaving the destroyed the town.

But now I have even more questions then I already had :o.

Example in ep. 4/5

1. Samuel said he would come to you to talk ...
in ep. 5 he didn't. Not answered

2. Near the end of ep. 5 when Max was in this snow globe and got random message's
No real outcome. Again not answered
"Hi Max. Rachel Amber here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon."

3. Earlier when Max meet herself or one from an alternate timeline and Chloe I am a bit worried if the other Max IS Rachel?

Just headache now need conclusion after this Dotnod did an awesome job really but I think there will be a prequel (season 2 with Max and Chloe) last time. Or some DLC's for better conclusion/explanation I am really confused now.

Maybe I have just to replay it agin to answer these question? :/

Eiji_04
20th Oct 2015, 14:31
The ending makes no sense to me...
I mean how come Max had vision of tornado BEFORE she discovered her power? So it was a sign "If you'll ever find out you can rewind time - don't do it or tornado will come". No sense absolutely. It seems like developers just tried to link up random stuff to create a plot. I liked the episode, seriosly, the idea of travelling through picture, different timelines, weird messed up world in Max's head - it was all great, but the ending basically killed it for me. I'm not going to replay it anymore...I sacrificed Chloe on my 2nd try on the ending, expecting the snow and tornado there too, but no.
This game actually has A LOT of flaws and a lot of opportunities for different choices. In every situation you could act a bit differently, you could make some change and have different result, but instead the game going basically on the rails, there are a couple big choices, like saving Kate or Chloe, the rest of stuff makes no difference. Where the hell is the butterfly effect? Tornado? Come on, this is far-fetched. I basically see writers meet and discussing the game: "So we have time travel here, but we should tell kids how bad it is to mess with time", "Oh, OK, let's put apocalypse in it", "Oh, cool!". This is dumb, it's a writing for a bad TV show, not a time travel game. I mean if making game about time travel - then make it about time travel. Accept the challenge and give us some depth, not silly teenage drama. I know that it's really hard to make a game really non-linear, but if not - why bother at all? It's only illusion of choices and making difference. Bacon Omelette or Waffles - this is what this game is about, basically.
At least give us a heroic choice of sacrificing yourself - make Max get out of her hiding and let Nathan kill her, not Chloe. I mean yeah, it's stupid too, but it makes more sense than killing Chloe...Saving one blue-haired girl will kill the whole town and you should make The Big Choice, yeah, sure...
I was really anticipating this last episode (as we all here, of course) and I really thought of this game as of piece of art, not as the game (I pretty much hate the games, actually, I think they are waste of time and life and I got to play this accidentally and loved it from the beginning). But now I'm just disappointed. Now it indeed feels like total waste of time and emotion to play it, wait for each episode and get this in the end. I mean you could at least put some deep thoughts in it, not "don't mess with time" crap.
Before EP5 came out, I thought the worst thing you could is to end like "Stay" movie (not about time-travel, but check it out), but now I think even that could be better.
Anyway, thanks for taking time to read this, if you did and now I'm going to move to live my real life. Not "Strange" but more exciting and allows a lot more choices and ability to make some real change. Thanks for at least proving me again that it's better to do something with you life, than to play games, especially when developers are too lazy to put any real effort in it...

GabrielSanX
20th Oct 2015, 17:38
I mean how come Max had vision of tornado BEFORE she discovered her power?

I totally agree with you, Eiji_04. Why did Max have that vision?

1. In my opinion, the devs just put unnecessary events in the game to make it longer, for example: the nightmare. That part was really crazy, I didn't like it at all, except for those scenes of good moments Max spent with Chloe.
2. What about Rachel? Where is she? I really thought she was kind of "manipulating" Max's mind when I saw her phone message: "Hi Max. Rachel Amber here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon." It just didn't happen. We've never had the chance to see Rachel alive.
3. At the end, I first chose to "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" and save Chloe for the last time, like Max said several times before. They didn't kiss each other, just watched the tornado hand-in-hand. The town was completely destroyed and everyone died, but the girls didn't care about it. They just drove to another city and there was no more dialog between them. Pointless and boring ending. It seems like the devs didn't give it enough attention...
4. On my second try I also chose "Sacrifice Chloe". Now Max kissed her before she changes the past and let Nathan kill Chloe (which doesn't happen when you sacrifice Arcadia Bay). This ending was sad, longer and pointless too. Max was wearing the Doe Necklace. Which makes me ask: what does the doe has to do with this whole story? Is it just Max guide? Is it "Rachel"?

Life is Stange really dissapointed me... now it's over... and there are so many questions left...

ByouRei
20th Oct 2015, 18:47
Dam am miss all foto again... ok that big squirrel i have :)
after end .. wau....

LordBattleBeard
20th Oct 2015, 19:11
I was actually very happy* with the ending, although I anticipate it'll get howls of protest for not having a personalized slideshow of How You Personally Changed Everything Forever. That's kinda become the default for "choice games", and it's literally never been done in a satisfying way.I'm glad you were happy with the ending, genuinely.
I'm not sure a personalized slideshow would have fixed the problems I had with the ending. Though it might not have hurt to include a bit on the other characters we were made to care about and basically (at least in one scenario) had to sacrifice everything for.

Life Is Strange is a bit of a deconstruction of the genre. It's interested in giving you choices, yes, but it's more interested in making you reconsider your point of view through gradually expanding what you know.I thought this throughout the game and still do up to the point that the ending is a contradiction of that.
The ending is linear and the choices beforehand fairly inconsequential as a result, much like all the choice based games out there. The ending itself (and I'm taking the sacrificing Chloe ending being the canon ending as a given) is just a rehash of the same thing that's been done a million times before it in books and movies. For this alone, it was a chance missed to try something different.

At the very end, the decision isn't so much "save Chloe or save Arcadia Bay" - it's "we've reached the consequences of your actions - can you live with them, and is it fair to make everyone else live with them too?"I appreciate that this is true and I'm afraid therein lies the problem. Why did it have to be the same tired old time travel ending? I guess because that was the vision of the writers, but frankly, its an unoriginal vision and if they'd been a bit more creative, could have really made this something beyond special.. and yes, despite the ending, it still is that.

I saved Chloe. I haven't replayed for Arcadia Bay yet (but I probably will tonight, and explore other dialogue trees and causality puzzles that I skimmed through while I do), but after the storm, after choosing Chloe, I don't need to be shown the specific individual consequences of my specific individual actions. That's what I've already spent the last fifteen hours seeing. We see the wreckage, we see that Max doesn't know if she made the right choice, but we don't see or need to see who lived or died.I too saved Chloe but I'm under no illusions as to that not being the ending the developers truly intended by going down the route they did with the end to the story. Saving Chloe just serves to show our weakness in not being able to let go of the past, which is something I'm already aware of and willing to accept..

We're finally leaving Arcadia Bay behind, but not at all in the way we always dreamed we would.

* Okay, 'happy' is not the right word. 'Crushed and wounded, but in a good way' might be more accurate.Thoughts aside. It was one hell of a roller-coaster.. one which I don't regret being on.

Update 1:

Agree with you. I'm not satisfied with episode 5. It's lacking of so many important moments:

1. There is no development in Max vs Chloe/Warren relationships.
It's really a bad choice to concentrate on time stuff no one understands instead of relationships which devs were putting right to our faces in previous episodes.I'm not against this so much. I mean, it was left open ended so people could form their own thoughts on "what happened next". because alas, if they had drawn final conclusions in this area it would likely only disappoint a sizeable chunk of people who already had their own thoughts beforehand. Refer to "19 years later" and the like to maybe understand that this perhaps wasn't the worst decision from the dev.

2. There is no "after story" action.
So we don't know how characters we interacted with are living after our influence.Indeed. It would have been nice to have a montage of the characters we were made to care about as a sweetener to Chloes sacrifice.

3. There are too many mysticism stuff.
It's cool too see some weird symbolism things but there is simply no space to more important actions in ep5 because of symbols overflowing.

4. There is just simple "this or that" situation at the end.
So all your choices in ep5 and previous episodes are simply don't matter anymore. Feeling cheated to be honest.I appreciate that its a a balance. The devs are trying to tell a story but at the same time, it would have been nice if they had done that in a way that the choices had an impact beyond leading you to that point.

5. The main message that devs gave us is that "If you can help or change something - don't do it cause it can become even worse after that.
So don't do anything and there won't be a difficulties in your life". For real? I've done everything right, saved a lot of people and especially Max's best friend(and lover ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) ). And now it doesn't matter cause people are gonna die because of me helping them? That's not good at all.That's how some would look at the "dont mess with time" story.. a very old story. I'm apathetic to it. I appreciate both sides of the coin but at the same time grow tired of all time travel stories going there.

Update 2:

Same here I mean I have actually the same thoughts about that, but what me bother me is why they have an open endings? :(
It feels like some kind of movies especially "Godzilla" from 2000 or 1998 not quiet sure, but at the end of that movie there was an egg and they never did continue this story. It is okay to just create now your own path what Max and Chloe do after leaving the destroyed the town.I have mixed feelings about this. It did make all the decisions prior seem inconsequential when you can choose either ending.

Example in ep. 4/5

1. Samuel said he would come to you to talk ...
in ep. 5 he didn't. Not answeredSamuel says a lot of things and rarely anything of note, so I wouldn't let it worry you too much :D

2. Near the end of ep. 5 when Max was in this snow globe and got random message's
No real outcome. Again not answered
"Hi Max. Rachel Amber here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon."Everything that transpired in Max's head is an illusion of her worst thoughts. Note Chloe making out with Victoria near the end. Did this really happen? no. It was imagined.

3. Earlier when Max meet herself or one from an alternate timeline and Chloe I am a bit worried if the other Max IS Rachel?No. Its just her worst thoughts/fears and the developers prodding you to realise the damage you've done by altering so much time.

Update 3:

The ending makes no sense to me...
I mean how come Max had vision of tornado BEFORE she discovered her power? So it was a sign "If you'll ever find out you can rewind time - don't do it or tornado will come". No sense absolutely. It seems like developers just tried to link up random stuff to create a plot.It can be explained away as either a premonition of things to come or Max at that moment in time being trapped in a time-loop. Both neatly fit with the "butterfly affect" ending, though neat doesn't necessarily mean good.

I liked the episode, seriosly, the idea of travelling through picture, different timelines, weird messed up world in Max's head - it was all great, but the ending basically killed it for me. I'm not going to replay it anymore...I sacrificed Chloe on my 2nd try on the ending, expecting the snow and tornado there too, but no.I wouldn't let it kill it for you. The ending is disappointing but this game still retains unique qualities and manages to hold its own in spite of this.

This game actually has A LOT of flaws and a lot of opportunities for different choices. In every situation you could act a bit differently, you could make some change and have different result, but instead the game going basically on the rails, there are a couple big choices, like saving Kate or Chloe, the rest of stuff makes no difference. Where the hell is the butterfly effect?Every action has a reaction but if the action is small, likewise you would expect the reaction to be small too. I'm on the fence on whether or not choices prior should lead to the ending you get. Doing so might place to much weight on some otherwise trivial choices.
But I'm not on the fence about the endings making your previous choices inconsequential though. At least one of the available endings should have allowed for your choices to stay in tact to mean something in that sense.

Tornado? Come on, this is far-fetched. I basically see writers meet and discussing the game: "So we have time travel here, but we should tell kids how bad it is to mess with time", "Oh, OK, let's put apocalypse in it", "Oh, cool!". This is dumb, it's a writing for a bad TV show, not a time travel game. I mean if making game about time travel - then make it about time travel. Accept the challenge and give us some depth, not silly teenage drama. I know that it's really hard to make a game really non-linear, but if not - why bother at all?I don't mind the tornado so much but I think they could have rounded off the story in other ways than attributing the tornado to meddling with time, which has been done a million times already.

At least give us a heroic choice of sacrificing yourself - make Max get out of her hiding and let Nathan kill her, not Chloe. I mean yeah, it's stupid too, but it makes more sense than killing Chloe...Saving one blue-haired girl will kill the whole town and you should make The Big Choice, yeah, sure...Sacrificing herself would have did nothing though as she would have still altered time, which the developers pigeon-holed as a bad thing and the cause of the tornado. There could and should have been other reasons for the tornado though and other ways to stop it.

I was really anticipating this last episode (as we all here, of course) and I really thought of this game as of piece of art, not as the game (I pretty much hate the games, actually, I think they are waste of time and life and I got to play this accidentally and loved it from the beginning). But now I'm just disappointed. Now it indeed feels like total waste of time and emotion to play it, wait for each episode and get this in the end. I mean you could at least put some deep thoughts in it, not "don't mess with time" crap.Don't be just disappointed. Despite its flaws, this game is still a work of art in many ways. Few games and movies/tv shows for that matter can manage to make you feel and care like this game did. Take this fact by itself as a good reason why it was anything but a waste of time.

Anyway, thanks for taking time to read this, if you did and now I'm going to move to live my real life. Not "Strange" but more exciting and allows a lot more choices and ability to make some real change.That's not necessarily a bad outlook going forwards :thumb:

Update 4:

1. In my opinion, the devs just put unnecessary events in the game to make it longer, for example: the nightmare. That part was really crazy, I didn't like it at all, except for those scenes of good moments Max spent with Chloe.I think the developers purpose with this was to nail home the point about altering time. But as I disagree with the ending, I too disagree with the nightmare.

2. What about Rachel? Where is she? I really thought she was kind of "manipulating" Max's mind when I saw her phone message: "Hi Max. Rachel Amber here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon." It just didn't happen. We've never had the chance to see Rachel alive.It all happened in Max's head so what transpired never really transpired, if you know what I mean... it was more or less just Max's worst fears realised.

3. At the end, I first chose to "Sacrifice Arcadia Bay" and save Chloe for the last time, like Max said several times before. They didn't kiss each other, just watched the tornado hand-in-hand. The town was completely destroyed and everyone died, but the girls didn't care about it. They just drove to another city and there was no more dialog between them. Pointless and boring ending.I think this really just nails home that it wasn't the developers intended ending. Chloe dying was.

4. On my second try I also chose "Sacrifice Chloe". Now Max kissed her before she changes the past and let Nathan kill Chloe (which doesn't happen when you sacrifice Arcadia Bay). This ending was sad, longer and pointless too. Max was wearing the Doe Necklace. Which makes me ask: what does the doe has to do with this whole story? Is it just Max guide? Is it "Rachel"?Both were disappointing, too easy and made all that happened before the ending seem too trivial. The problem starts when the developers decide altering time is the reason for the tornado, because in that scenario there is only 2 possible outcomes and neither of them good or in the least bit original. There should have been another reason for the tornado and another way to stop it from happening.

Don't pay attention to Max wearing clothes/accessories with animals on. It doesn't mean anything. The Doe was quite clearly Rachels spirit. It was resting at Rachels grave in Episode 2 and you see it again downcast/sad when Max/Chloe discover the body in Episode 4. In the latest episode, Chloe says something along the lines of "I like to think Rachel has been helping us to uncover the truth" or something similar, which was another nod to the doe being Rachels.

--finally replied to all :D--

OHWceta
20th Oct 2015, 19:14
2. What about Rachel? Where is she? I really thought she was kind of "manipulating" Max's mind when I saw her phone message: "Hi Max. Rachel Amber here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon." It just didn't happen. We've never had the chance to see Rachel alive.

Rachel's text was a threat. If you read many of the vague messages and listen to what the people are saying, it's all hostile towards Max. "I'll be seeing you soon" implied Max was was going to die. Thus meeting Rachel in death.

I was a bit annoyed that Chloe had to die to save Arcadia Bay, it felt like
"what was the point of Max even getting powers then?" But it's the journey, not the destination I guess.

The "Sacrifice Chloe / Save Arcadia Bay" ending felt more polished and "complete"

Choice related I was happy with David Madsen and Frank (Who I was nice to) Nathan shocked me, and I'm eager to see what happens with Victoria (I was mean to her) on a nice file.

Tataboj
20th Oct 2015, 20:09
I enjoyed the episode to the middle of it, too. But I am really, really angry now. Let's start.

The ending. Save Arcadia Bay or save Chloe and let thousands of people die? What a ****ed up choice this is?! Even if it wasn't Arcadia Bay, but just a random town, there were THOUSANDS of people! If you can't imagine saving unknown people instead of a friend, how about that: kill Chloe or Warren, Joyce, David, Frank, Principal Wells, Alyssa... And in the ending where Chloe is alive, they don't care about this at all. Hell, Chloe lost her mother and all her friends! In all the previous episodes I didn't expect what will happen, and the idea of the whole ending scene came in mind of everybody 20 minutes after the beginning of Episode 1! Also, why did Max get the power when she can't use it or the entire town will be blew up? It's like: "Hey, if you will act normally, everything will be fine, here, take the powers that allow you to act differently!"

2. An hour lasting nightmare scene? Urgh! Why? And, the jokes to the player, like the bottle joke were funny but that looked like a player's dream, not Max's. Which leads me to another thing: she was dreaming only about the events in the game. I get the point but 1. I really wanted to get to know her past, a little at least, 2. again, it seemed like a player's nightmare, this game is about Max and her story, not The Stanley Parable. I'm not saying that this became the topic in the nightmare but I really wanted to keep focused on Max.
3. The choices were a huge punch in my face. I was waiting whole game to get consequences of the decisions you made with Chloe. It didn't mean single ****. It ends either "Max will undo everything" or "everybody will die so the decisions won't matter anyway". Does the choice about Victoria and the Dark Room change a single dialogue option? There's no reason to play it again, because the only thing that changes is the dialogue (a little)! The changes of the story aren't my main reason to play the game but I didn't expect that nothing will matter. Since nothing matters, I think that Dontnod could have done the game without the choices and leave just the story.
I am really sad that it ended this way but Polarized disappointed me a lot. I think that I am so affected by this because Life is Strange changed me and I have never felt that I can so much relate to a character (Max), especially Max's quiet and shy side. I could have cried in the end if I believed that it is happening and that's really the way how it all ends. The previous 4 episodes were absolute 10/10, this one is just about 5/10. It is still one of the best games I have ever played though, if not the best.

This text may be really bad written, sorry.

Tataboj
20th Oct 2015, 20:14
What about Rachel? Where is she? I really thought she was kind of "manipulating" Max's mind when I saw her phone message: "Hi Max. Rachel Amber here. Just wanted to introduce myself. I'll be seeing you soon. Real soon." It just didn't happen. We've never had the chance to see Rachel alive

Max had a lot of crazy messages there. I was thinking that Max was thinking about her death with Rachel's message.

PHub07
20th Oct 2015, 20:20
I'm really disappointed for pretty much every reason you all mentioned. Nearly nothing about the plot evolves....it feels the episode was about the storm and only the storm. There is barely any one on one time with ANYBODY if you really think about it.

Nothing is explained...Max getting her powers in the first place makes no sense and seems to contradict the "message". The ending is horrible and shows nothing....doesn't feel like an ending to a series it feels like the ending to an episode.

It by all means feels like there is supposed to be another episode. I know there isnt....but it feels like it. I am seriously disappointed that I have to feel this way about this.....I loved everything about this game it never even dawned on me it would have an ending this bad.

Xeva-q
20th Oct 2015, 20:20
And i am not dissapointed. What else can you expect? "what is the best way to end a **** game? with a **** ending!"

But squirrels were great. I am not made of iron, after all.

Eiji_04
20th Oct 2015, 20:50

I think this message and the whole nightmare was the play of Max's subconscious (she even got a text from Pompidou). She passed out and got into this nightmare, which contained her memories of events of the week. When you're sleeping and having a dream, small things from your memories can become huge and huge can become unimportant. It's basically signs and symbols. She was trying to get back to reality - reach lighthouse and she was hunted by projections of her subconcious. It wasn't all enemies, for example Warren, but thing is that subconcious is very complex and messed up, so she could have a little distrust towards him and he ended up as enemy in a nightmare. The Real Max was her rational mind which was telling her that what going on is not real, and the situations and people there was the projections and her supressed fears and ideas - guilt and fear of manipulating other people, her crush on Jefferson (which she might not even realized, judging from her comments about other people being attracted to him), doubts about her friendship with Chloe...
This nightmare kind of reminded me of the movie "Inception" where projections of subconcious mind attacked dream invaders.

CrystalXPredator
20th Oct 2015, 21:29
Update 2:

I have mixed feelings about this. It did make all the decisions prior seem inconsequential when you can choose either ending.

Example in ep. 4/5

Samuel says a lot of things and rarely anything of note, so I wouldn't let it worry you too much :D

Everything that transpired in Max's head is an illusion of her worst thoughts. Note Chloe making out with Victoria near the end. Did this really happen? no. It was imagined.

No. Its just her worst thoughts/fears and the developers prodding you to realise the damage you've done by altering so much time.

--reading and replying to other comments--

Okay thank you it helped me to get a bit more closure to it.

Eiji_04
20th Oct 2015, 21:53
LordBattleBeard, hey, thanks. I guess I cooled down a bit and not so sore anymore.
It's nice to read all your thoughts people, thanks for sharing them!

Eiji_04
20th Oct 2015, 21:57
Sacrificing herself would have did nothing though as she would have still altered time, which the developers pigeon-holed as a bad thing and the cause of the tornado. There could and should have been other reasons for the tornado though and other ways to stop it.
I'm totally with you on this, but it's just so meaningless for Chloe to die, after saving her life for so many times and after they clearly made the point that Max got her powers to save Chloe. I personally didn't even like Chloe much (she's pretty annoying, actually), but let her die to save everyone...worst choice ever.