PDA

View Full Version : This is the section for anything, right?

Chris Mishima
28th Jun 2002, 21:00
This is the section of the forum for talking about anything right? Where the movie threads and such should go?

Okay...what should I have for dinner tonight? I can't decide. Could be from a fast food joint or bought at a store. What's some good eatin'?

Jedilvr
28th Jun 2002, 21:07
Where are you? If it's fast food you're crazing I'd suggest Jack in the Box, solely on the fact that I think they are the safest of the major chains in terms of processes of cooking.

dago
28th Jun 2002, 22:13
actually this place is for chatting about anything LoK related...if u wona chat about ur supper go 2 the OT forum...3rd from the top...i cant remember wot it is called!

Chris Mishima
28th Jun 2002, 22:21
Originally posted by Jedilvr:
Where are you? If it's fast food you're crazing I'd suggest Jack in the Box, solely on the fact that I think they are the safest of the major chains in terms of processes of cooking.

Kansas (no, I haven't seen Dorothy). No Jack in the Box in my town though :(. I love their Sourdough burgers and shakes.

Originally posted by Diago:
actually this place is for chatting about anything LoK related...if u wona chat about ur supper go 2 the OT forum...3rd from the top...i cant remember wot it is called!

It says "Lok community chat." It's for regulars of the LOK boards to chat with each other. Atleast that's what the name suggests anyway. But I can make it LOK related....

I wonder if there were any fast food resturants in Meridian.

dago
28th Jun 2002, 22:38
yo dude...i dont care, it just that there would not be a OT forum in every game...there is one main one, and these are for LoK stufff...like the remake project...

Jedilvr
28th Jun 2002, 22:56
Hate to argue, but I think Mishima is right, this is for Forum members to talk about anything OT, regardless of whether it's game related or not. Read the things under the Section Name, I doubt "who had the best day at the track" has anything to do with any game.

RedLegg
28th Jun 2002, 22:59
Originally posted by Chris Mishima

Kansas (no, I haven't seen Dorothy). No Jack in the Box in my town though :(. I love their Sourdough burgers and shakes.

It says "Lok community chat." It's for regulars of the LOK boards to chat with each other. Atleast that's what the name suggests anyway. But I can make it LOK related....

I wonder if there were any fast food resturants in Meridian.

You are correct, this is for the 'regulars' who what to chat. The Main Community Chat is for all our customers.

BTW - are you going to always use red? :p

dago
28th Jun 2002, 23:04
ok in that case i apoligise... so what are u having for supper? or pudding?? or breakfast???
damb now im hungry...

blincoln
28th Jun 2002, 23:19
I'm going to snag some really good vegan Chinese food. Mmm.

darien_specter
28th Jun 2002, 23:24
I'm leaning pizza-ward...

Kansas, eh? I'm sorry... ;) just kidding. Cool to see another midwesterner (Springfield MO!).

dago
28th Jun 2002, 23:27
can some 1 plz get me something while they are at it!!!

warpsavant
29th Jun 2002, 00:11
I had pizza.

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 00:25
i had cheese and crackers, yesss

darien_specter
29th Jun 2002, 00:31
Mmmmm, Red Baron Pepperoni and Sausage, heating up in my oven.... :D

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 00:34
that sounds pretty good heh

Chris Mishima
29th Jun 2002, 00:51
Originally posted by RedLegg:
BTW - are you going to always use red?

That was the idea since Umah is posting everything in purple. However Jedilvr is using red too which totally kills the uniqueness so I'll probably change colors or just post in black.

Originally posted by A-bomber:
i had cheese and crackers, yesss

That was your dinner? Sounds more like an appitizer or a late night snack. I went and got some mexican food. Mexicalli Steak Fajita from Taco Mayo. Mmmm, although now I have a craving for some can-o-cheese and Ritz crackers....

A-Bomber
29th Jun 2002, 00:56
haha yes i know it may sound like a snack but i ate plenty

royalmarine1980
29th Jun 2002, 02:59
Just to be boring, I had fish 'n' chips lol
Nothing like british cuisine to harden the arteries :D

willow
29th Jun 2002, 04:12
Originally posted by blincoln
I'm going to snag some really good vegan Chinese food. Mmm.

b..but... meat is so yummy....

Rook
29th Jun 2002, 06:23
Del Monte canned peaches. Breakfast of champions...at 9PM...:eek:

Mallinger
29th Jun 2002, 06:26
I eat whatever I find. :cool:

willow
29th Jun 2002, 07:38
I only eat things that are yummy... well... and some other things... that I cannot mention on a public forum...

edit: I was talking about souls for all you perverts out there......

Rook
29th Jun 2002, 07:44
:eek:{{{cold shivers}}}:eek:

darien_specter
29th Jun 2002, 07:49
erm...

Hey Rook - did you ever get that last e-mail?

Rook
29th Jun 2002, 07:59
Which one? About the font? Yep! Sorry for the delay! I'm still trying to figure out how to send the silly bugger! I suck when it comes to dealing with techno stuff... :o

darien_specter
29th Jun 2002, 08:01
Hey, no problem... feel free to shoot me a missive with a question, maybe i can help you out...

dago
29th Jun 2002, 08:45
y do both of u have the same sig???

Rook
29th Jun 2002, 09:27
Coz Darien asked if he could use it too.

dago
29th Jun 2002, 11:10
kewl...i was just wondering... can i use it to???:D
j/k dont worry...

Sean567012
29th Jun 2002, 11:13
What about the Hampster calama?

Umah Bloodomen
1st Jul 2002, 06:14
**shudders at the thought of pizza*** I can't stomach a lot of pizza anymore (having 4 jobs related to the pizza making industry in one's life does that to you)

:p

darien_specter
1st Jul 2002, 06:17
*eep* :eek:

don't tell me, I want to stay in my naïve, pizza-happy world...

royalmarine1980
1st Jul 2002, 12:48
I'll stick with fish 'n' chips thanks, along with my regular blood supply of course :D

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd Jul 2002, 00:51
Chicken Cutlets and Rice-A-Roni Chicken Teryaki flavored rice. Of course, I don't know how to cook, so mom took over.

I finally learned how to make rice. Out of a box. At this rate, they just might accept me at the New York Restauraunt School... :D

Wait, it's not called that anymore... aww :( :D

Mallinger
2nd Jul 2002, 02:05
Originally posted by Apocrypha Roxy
Chicken Cutlets and Rice-A-Roni Chicken Teryaki flavored rice. Of course, I don't know how to cook, so mom took over.

I finally learned how to make rice. Out of a box. At this rate, they just might accept me at the New York Restauraunt School... :D

Wait, it's not called that anymore... aww :( :D Don't feel too bad. I'm so cooking illiterate that I burn water. I don't even want to telll you about the rice I tried to cook. My wife has banned me from the kitchen for life. She has this fear that I'll burn the house down. :cool:

darien_specter
2nd Jul 2002, 02:08
That's classic strategerie... If the wife says, "do this," and you screw it up, she'll never ask you again... :D

kidding, of course... but it's funny in "Foxtrot," anyway...

Apocrypha Roxy
2nd Jul 2002, 02:23
Mallinger, you sound like my father...

Don't tell anyone, (not like you would, but...), but my father once put my mom's girdle in the microwave (she'd just washed it, and it wasn't dry - and she had to go out). He decided to 'nuke' it to dry up, despite my mother's plea not to do something so silly.

Turns out that he burnt it. Burnt the cursed thing. It was smoking!

And unwearable.:eek:

Out went the girdle, and any chance of my father drying laundery in the microwave again.:p

Dad does strange things. Must be old age...:( :D

Mallinger
2nd Jul 2002, 02:48
I'm not old. I'm just strange beyong belief. I have an excuse though. My dad's a hippie and I was in the Marines. :cool:

royalmarine1980
2nd Jul 2002, 06:57
Semper Fi

Power reaver
2nd Jul 2002, 12:55
dry things in the microwave , now theres an idea :p .

I just had a little snack , a peice of pizza , mmmm , yummy , yummy .

darien_specter
2nd Jul 2002, 16:49
Well, I prefer taking my meals with a beautiful woman whenever possible - as I shall today... ;)

royalmarine1980
2nd Jul 2002, 19:16
I prefer beautiful women as a meal ::Looks over at Umah:: Now that's a main course I would take my time on :D

chuffy
3rd Jul 2002, 13:02
will i'm a cooking king i am head chef at the weekend in a small pub/resturant but that means i only eat the most simple food and the most unhealthy.

chuffy

winged revenge
13th Jul 2002, 08:09
Personally at this hour I prefer sleep, but a late cup of coffee mixed with insomnia helps keep me up.

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jul 2002, 08:11
My theroy still stands:

Sleep is for the weak!
Muhahahhhahahahah!

Don't mind me, I am in rare form again this evening. :p

winged revenge
13th Jul 2002, 08:16
And by the way, if someone could help me on a problem I'm having i would be eternally gratefull. I am playing Soul Reaver 1 and i can't figure out how to beat Dumah in the northern region of Nosgoth. Any help would be appreciated.;)

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jul 2002, 08:22
Dumah's attack is mostly stuns and constricting. Make sure you stay ahead of him so you aren't caught in his blue constricting pattern.

You are going to want to get Dumah to chase you. Run back towards the entrance of the hall you entered. Don't run too fast or he will stop and you will lose him.

From here head around the watertower to the door. (The watertower will be toppled).

At the intersection go right.

Continue back over the bridge you activated earlier and back to where you had to push the block to one side of the cage. Enter the right hallway.

Lead Dumah to the furnace through the corridor.

Head to the wheel and turn it. You will release the gas.

Go flip the lever and enjoy the bonfire!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

winged revenge
13th Jul 2002, 08:28
Thanks for the tip. I have been trying to find out how to kill that sucker for weeks.

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jul 2002, 08:31
I've been meaning to replay SR1 for weeks....does that count? :p

winged revenge
13th Jul 2002, 08:36
It should count. I don't see why it shouldn't.

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jul 2002, 08:41

So...do you have any other LoK games? I must say that in order these are my favorites:

Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2
Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

(Yes, I have them all. :p)

Sarah
13th Jul 2002, 08:59
Ee---I'll butt in; why not, need to get that count back up, just haven't felt talk-y lately(well, that, and I am like, so intimidated by Umah--she's the babe of the board); I mainly eat vegetables, and fish, and fruit, or else I turn into what Wodehouse described as "an attractive girl who ate too many starches"-although substitute "attractive" with "little girl cute"...
And my LoK game order ranking is(fav first)...
BO1(always--I actually wouldn't mind just getting the narration part on a disc, and not having to put up with the stupid load times)
BO2(Story, Simon Templeman narration steals the game--plus "It's fun to stab things!"-I have been having the weirdest urge to like, grab a trailer of that and listen to "Getting to Know You"-the ironic juxtaposition amuses me greatly...heeheehee-it's just so funny...)
SR2(Character Development/narration
SR1-repetitve game play, not nearly enough story/character development/narration, but some great explorable-for-no-reason areas

Umah Bloodomen
13th Jul 2002, 18:45
Come, butt in. At least then I won't feel as nuts for constantly talking all the time. :p

"Babe of the board" eh? LOL. Hardly. I merely post/ramble and people tend to listen. Surprises me more than anything I assure you.

I will second your Simon Templeman notion for BO2. (And who can leave out the stabbing things? :p)

Sarah
13th Jul 2002, 21:07
Stabbing things is fun Umah!!! And so is rambling--my second favorite thinking habit! I think my next wish for a gaming console is a more interactive way of playing the games---I have started to get so sick of "sitting on a couch/floor, punch buttons, character does something on screen"; just think of the possibilities(ok, the problems would be actually hitting passers by, but then, you know, it's their fault for getting in the way.)
I'm so lucky I have never had to work in the food industry-although perhaps it would be a good thing--I'd be so grossed out at food that I couldn't touch it....

dago
13th Jul 2002, 21:43
i wouldn't know about the LoK games...i haven't played them much...but for some reason i'm still a fan!

and about sleeping...i hate it...it is a waste of time!i say sleep when you're dead!
this one time, i went without sleep for 3 days...well i only slept for 5hours in 3 days! i went to bed at 9 in the moring, then woke up at 11...then the next day, i went to bed a 10 in the morning and woke up at 1...
i actually drank this cup of coffee, that had 5 spoons of coffee, and 15 sugars!!!!!
i was tripping after that...my eye was twitching, and i could string a sentence together!!!!
but it was worth it...:p :D ;)

winged revenge
13th Jul 2002, 23:44
You should have been on last night. There was only two of us up at the late night hours. It gets kind of boring after a while.;) :cool: ;)

Umah Bloodomen
14th Jul 2002, 01:26
Originally posted by winged revenge
You should have been on last night. There was only two of us up at the late night hours. It gets kind of boring after a while.;) :cool: ;)

I feel insulted...really.

dago
14th Jul 2002, 09:31
i was up late...2.30 my time...but this place was dead..so i went to bed...

willow
14th Jul 2002, 09:36
That's nothing. I'm usually up until around 9 or 10am... then I try and take a nap or at least lye in bed till noon or 1pm. I get really tired most times but I just wont sleep... or I wont sleep well..... about once or twice a week I get around 6 hrs of sleep though.
(it's actually 4:35AM right now).

winged revenge
14th Jul 2002, 19:49
Sorry about that Umah. I didn't mean to say you were boring because your far from boring.;) :cool: ;)

winged revenge
14th Jul 2002, 20:38
I need your help again. The hint you gave me to defeat Dumah didn'twork out.

Originally posted by Umah Bloodomen
Dumah's attack is mostly stuns and constricting. Make sure you stay ahead of him so you aren't caught in his blue constricting pattern.

You are going to want to get Dumah to chase you. Run back towards the entrance of the hall you entered. Don't run too fast or he will stop and you will lose him.

From here head around the watertower to the door. (The watertower will be toppled).

At the intersection go right.

Continue back over the bridge you activated earlier and back to where you had to push the block to one side of the cage. Enter the right hallway.

Lead Dumah to the furnace through the corridor.

Head to the wheel and turn it. You will release the gas.

Go flip the lever and enjoy the bonfire!

Hope this helps. Good luck!

I guess I didn't ask precisely, or who I need to beat is not Dumah. I need help defeating the guy that comes right after Rahab. When you first go into the northern region there is that big stone structure( not the one with the sundial in front of it, but the first one you see). I need help killing the guy in there.

darien_specter
14th Jul 2002, 22:08
Well, that is how you kill Dumah... though I'm not sure why Umah said water tower when she meant obelisk... :p

If Dumah's not actually up and about chasing you, here's what needs to happen: Go into his throne room in the Material plane, and (yes, this sounds suicidal, doesn't it?) pull the three stakes out of him. This will bring him back to life. As a wraith. A wraith boss.

And then do what Umah said: run like hell...

Umah Bloodomen
15th Jul 2002, 00:52
I thought Dumah did follow Rahab.?

Anyhow, watertower/obelisk same damn difference. I was tired that night sheesh. Give a girl a break. :p

winged revenge
15th Jul 2002, 17:52
Thanks, but I am a bit comfusedabout the part where you turn on the gas. I mabe him follow me all the way to there i had to godown the right passagway, but i couldn't figure out where the turning on of anything is. Help.:D

winged revenge
15th Jul 2002, 18:22
Don't laugh at the way that was typed. i'm still trying to get over last night.:D :D :D

winged revenge
15th Jul 2002, 18:36
Just trying to see if my pic works.

winged revenge
15th Jul 2002, 18:38
Trying again.;) :D :D

winged revenge
15th Jul 2002, 18:40
And yet again!

Azuriel
15th Jul 2002, 18:47
ehh.. ever heard of that button called edit?

darien_specter
15th Jul 2002, 19:04
It's the same procedure you followed from before, when you blew the door open... you DID blow the door open, didn't you?

winged revenge
15th Jul 2002, 19:20
What door?

darien_specter
15th Jul 2002, 19:23
Have you been in the furnace room? You had to fly across the courtyard, and drain the water from a room, awakening two Dumahim, then shove some blocks to make a stack you could jump up from; from there you were into the furnace room.

winged revenge
17th Jul 2002, 07:48
Is anyone up in this ungodly hour?:D :D :D

willow
17th Jul 2002, 08:54
I just prefer lurking... that way I can be spOoky...
so um..... fear me or something....

Umah Bloodomen
17th Jul 2002, 10:24
I am far more eeeeeviler than the likes of Willow. :p

blincoln
17th Jul 2002, 10:26
Even I'm more evil than Willow tonight =F.

winged revenge
18th Jul 2002, 09:54
evil is as evil does :F

winged revenge
19th Jul 2002, 04:32
just a check

keepittrue
19th Jul 2002, 20:48
Originally posted by Sarah

SR1-repetitve game play, not nearly enough story/character development/narration, but some great explorable-for-no-reason areas

No, I am so hurt by this statement, no no no SR1 is the best. (keep goes in a corner a cries.)

winged revenge
23rd Jul 2002, 08:40
keepittrue,
you seem to be a great fan of SR1. maybe you can help me with a problem i seem to be having. i am playing SR1 forthe first time and am loving it, but i seem to be stuck in a part of the game that just doesn't seem to be passable. it is in the last stretch of the game(after you beat Dumah and after you gain entrance to the big clock area)where there are these two big gears on the floor in a big room. i can't seem to figure out how to get past this point. any advice?:rolleyes:

Umah Bloodomen
23rd Jul 2002, 08:46
Perhaps you should constrict the clock? (I am guessing you are at the point of the sundial?)

winged revenge
23rd Jul 2002, 09:01
no umah i am way past that point. i have already entered and am already past bothe of the color matching puzzles.:)

darien_specter
23rd Jul 2002, 09:50
Ah, I know where you are... ok, here's what you need to do:

Behind the gears are three blocks in a fenced-off area; these must be moved, they are blocking the gears. Then, standing as if you just walked into the room, there is a ledge off to your right. Go up there and flip the switch; this will start the gears turning and raise a platform. From the top of one of the gears you can access this platform; and take it from there, I doubt you want too much advice, I know I wouldn't... :)

winged revenge
23rd Jul 2002, 10:43
thanks i'll try that.:D :D :D

keepittrue
23rd Jul 2002, 20:48
Sorry I am late but yeah Darien Spectar has it right.