PDA

View Full Version : Extension after episode 5?

Rome1992
18th Oct 2015, 16:48
Exactly 1 month ago today we saw that infamous picture where there are 8 episodes planned on Life is Strange, my question is is the 3 subsequent episodes are dumped? or are they dlc-like episodes on the game. Which maybe focus more on Rachel and probably Kate Marsh? I don't know, this is just my idea though.

Let me know what you think guys.

TheAlpha534
18th Oct 2015, 16:50
I did read somewhere long ago that there could be other people you will be playing as. That was somewhere around Ep. 1 though, so maybe they scrapped the idea.

Ross42899
19th Oct 2015, 12:33
I think the Devs already debunked the rumor of 8 episodes and stated that there will be only 5 episodes. However AFAIK they just refered to the main game/storyline. The main story will be told and finished in just 5 episodes and not more. So, it doesn't rule out possible "bonus DLC episodes" focusing either on side characters or a small new case focusing on Max.

At least I hope there will be one or two bonus episodes before a possible season 2 (with probably a whole new cast of characters) is released. So we can spend some more time with the characters of season 1.

OHWceta
19th Oct 2015, 19:50
I've heard the possibility of short stories being written taking place after the events of episode 5

PHub07
20th Oct 2015, 19:41
There sure as heck better be....there better be.

TheEmissary
21st Oct 2015, 06:40
Exactly 1 month ago today we saw that infamous picture where there are 8 episodes planned on Life is Strange, my question is is the 3 subsequent episodes are dumped? or are they dlc-like episodes on the game. Which maybe focus more on Rachel and probably Kate Marsh? I don't know, this is just my idea though.

Let me know what you think guys.My guess would be that the original plan was to tell the same story in 8 episodes and in the end it turned out to be just 5. They may have cut a few things things, but I don't think these additional episodes ever existed.

OHWceta
21st Oct 2015, 14:26
I heard of a possible Episode 6 in January but the source was shady at best.

KristaD
21st Oct 2015, 14:30
I wouldn't like an continuation on this story. I think it make involve making all those choices for you as you leave the first 5 episodes behind and enter the new one. The story will most likely need to acknowledge some of the choices you made in the past as Max regardless as who's shoes you will be filling.

PHub07
21st Oct 2015, 20:59
I wouldn't like an continuation on this story. I think it make involve making all those choices for you as you leave the first 5 episodes behind and enter the new one. The story will most likely need to acknowledge some of the choices you made in the past as Max regardless as who's shoes you will be filling.

What? The choices didn't matter at all. Your saying you would hope they keep it that way? lol

Lehkeri
21st Oct 2015, 21:32
I would honestly pay good money for DLC or some other story related additional content. Epilogue would be so cool to have. If not anything else, some sort of extension or additional stuff to the other ending is kinda needed...