PDA

View Full Version : Something needs to be done about AFK parasites.

Vorpal_Spork
18th Oct 2015, 04:26
AFK people are way too frequent an occurrence. Tonight I had a game where everyone was AFK except for me. Automatic AFK detection never works. They can just set a macro to move them every few minutes or something. I propose a system where we can send someone a CAPTCHA or some other quick, simple task. If they don't complete it within a time limit they get kicked out of the game. To prevent abuse this would have a cooldown and can only be received once per game per person.

riccetto80
18th Oct 2015, 11:34
I notice too a increase in afk, one was moving strangely, guess something stuck in keyboard or a macro

SmokiMooooo
18th Oct 2015, 12:43
I'm the one who often get kicked because of being AFK! Ussualy I start matchmaking and then switch with Alt + Tab and wait untill the icon begin to blink...but this don't happen if you wasn't in a lobby before. And sometimes the icon don't blik. As you should know sometimes it take very long untill match starts.

ParadoxicalOmen
18th Oct 2015, 20:29
I'm the one who often get kicked because of being AFK! Ussualy I start matchmaking and then switch with Alt + Tab and wait untill the icon begin to blink...but this don't happen if you wasn't in a lobby before. And sometimes the icon don't blik. As you should know sometimes it take very long untill match starts.

This ↑

I have become a bit paranoid and alt-tab back into game from time to time, to avoid being "afk-kicked"

TheDreamcrusher
18th Oct 2015, 21:55
This ↑

I have become a bit paranoid and alt-tab back into game from time to time, to avoid being "afk-kicked"

Has been happening to me too. My icon doesn't always blink when a game is counting down now.