PDA

View Full Version : Can't play ranked after october 15th patch

Blazzphemy
15th Oct 2015, 17:01
As the name implies ranked now feels worse. It is not all bad, but for the most part we are worse off. Now you are forcing us into playing ranked on servers that are way less than optimal for everyone. Why are we being forced into playing overseas... having a limited community/ trying to get more people playing more people is not a viable excuse. You should have been thinking about the community size like a year ago...

I use to leave lobbies because I refused to play on EU servers. I cannot deal with the lag and nobody should be forced to play RANKED matches like that. After playing 2 matches, topped with before when I had to dodge 70% of the matches in lobby because it constantly put me in EU, I'm tired of it already. You've ruined the ranked with this.

Making it so people cannot see their opponents is nice. This keeps from the less that average players from lobby dodging until they get a team with someone they know can carry them and basically cheese their way to the top or close to.

AntiqueGod
15th Oct 2015, 17:46
EU masterrace

SirSleepALot
15th Oct 2015, 19:21
EU masterrace

^this

Blazzphemy
15th Oct 2015, 20:08
Not even close to anything "master-like". Either post something of value or don't post.

ceppy_
15th Oct 2015, 21:26
I 500000000% agree with Blazzphemy. Rubberbanding my way to the top. What is sad is all people who are EAST have to go through playing with a terrible ping on EU servers. I don't understand why this is since a huge ocean separates our continents. What really sucks is that when the euros go to sleep at like 7pm cst there is only a few hours of gameplay left for NA players on NA servers. Why not extend the ranked play for NA till like 12am cst. I agree with not seeing who you are playing against, but give us NA servers ffs.

PencileyePirate
15th Oct 2015, 23:06
This game is now completely broken. Many thanks to Psyonix for ignoring all the gameplay bugs and implementing "fixes" that make it worse.

Keelei
15th Oct 2015, 23:09
The fix was crucial to stop people from dodging games they think they would lose, its a great fix. Agreed it shouldnt put NA players in EU servers though.

PencileyePirate
15th Oct 2015, 23:12
The fix was crucial to stop people from dodging games they think they would lose, its a great fix. Agreed it shouldnt put NA players in EU servers though.

As long as there's no region select it's a horrible fix, because now people are refusing to play at all.

It could be a great fix AFTER implementation of region select.

akr0nym
16th Oct 2015, 09:43
A solution could be:

1. Show Server Info
Show map and server first, below a pop up, user has a 10 sec. time window to confirm this. if he cancel because wrong server region or he hates to play freeport for the 3rd time in a row he can keep on searching (you don't have to fix the bug that players are getting pulled onto servers out of their region, they can still leave, great hu? less work for you guys :) )

2. Current lobby system (just locked)
User continues to lobby. It looks as the lobby you don't have to remove names or anything you can keep your banners. Nobody has to change their names because now you cannot leave without being punished (leaving penalty) (no 3vs4 on purpose due to last second leaver and last but not least the very best: No lobby dodging)

3. 3vs4 (due to a leaver within the match)
if a player leaves during a match think of one of the many suggestions given in the other threads of the forum (one player has to sit, vote for surrender and so on...) it's good to strictly end the game within in the first few minutes of round one, but in round two you have to give us a solution to 3vs4)

4. Better rewarding system
Reward players regarding their position in their team (scaled on their position in their team at the end of the match, logical: winning team more than losing one BUT the one guy who did a hell of a job in the losing team at least get a little reward)

Congratulations! You have fixed leagues in four easy steps.
I highly doubt that this would take more than a month to implement, correct me if I am wrong?
Link to Thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=178176&p=2174965#post2174965)

I mean, it's not like I provided a possible solution for this issue before... (1. Show Server Info).
It seems like they really don't think things through :D

Oghamsmith
16th Oct 2015, 10:48
Thanks for the feedback guys. You may be aware that the current system attempts to match you with others looking for a match in your region. If no suitable matches can been made within a good amount of time, it will expand to certain regions to find a game for you. So if you're toward the US East Coast it is possible that you will be matched into an EU server.

Out of interest Blazzphemy, what kind of ping time are you receiving to the EU servers?

We're monitoring these region switches at the moment to see if the system can be improved upon, but it's always good to hear what your experiences have been.

Link to Thread (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=178176&p=2174965#post2174965)

I mean, it's not like I provided a possible solution for this issue before... (1. Show Server Info).
It seems like they really don't think things through :D

The funny thing about game development, is that it actually takes quite a bit of time to create a game. Who'd have thought, right :P?

While some of the suggestions above are good, they would take quite some time to design and implement. Instead of waiting many months to fix lobby dodging, we chose to put a strong fix in place as quickly as we could to provide the best experience for the majority of players ASAP; and we will continue to bring additional improvements as needed.

akr0nym
16th Oct 2015, 15:32
The funny thing about game development, is that it actually takes quite a bit of time to create a game. Who'd have thought, right :P?

While some of the suggestions above are good, they would take quite some time to design and implement. .

Hi Oghamsmith,

I am totally aware that these suggestions can not be implemented overnight and posted them on another thread in which general improvenents were discussed, neither hot fixing expectations in general nor the issues that came up with the latest hotfix.

I was only refering on the first suggestion. And that it's pretty funny that I thought of this issue BEFORE the release of the hotfix yesterday(I'm sure you guys were aware also, that's not the point)
But I cannot imagine that there is no 'fast' solution at all that does include the fix to place you on a server in your region properly.
(In addition, this "lobby dodging/hopping" and also the "last second leaving" is nothing brand-new that came up yesterday, so I think the community has a right to complain a bit ;) )

If no suitable matches can been made within a good amount of time, it will expand to certain regions to find a game for you. So if you're toward the US East Coast it is possible that you will be matched into an EU server.

Which number is hidden behind "a good amount of time"?
I am sure the most players would rather wait 5minutes (or even more) for a match in their region than play with a 120 ping or above and rubberband arround.

Don't get me wrong, I am very happy that you guys fixed lobby dodging and last second leaving to create ridiculous 3vs4 with the patch yesterday and want to thank you a lot for that. This was the biggest problem in leagues so far and pretty much ruined it (for me, because you simply HAD TO do it to win matches more often).

Furthermore I am from the EU so I don't really encounter this issue often.
I was justwondering why you did not include ANY solution for this in the latest hotfix/patch but new skins... I play a few games which are still in development and I just hope Nosgoth is not going down like DayZ, a la: "Lets make some new skins and add further content instead of fixing basic bugs and problems.."

We all know that this is beta and I'm sure nobody expected this league to be 100% perfect but as I have already mentioned above some of the things were not new bugs at all and should have been fixed before the start of the league.

If you could not fix it in time, (listen to jan) delay. :D
I just hope next league in november will not be ruined by some of the same bugs we have currently in this one...

EDIT:

Instead of waiting many months to fix lobby dodging, we chose to put a strong fix in place as quickly as we could to provide the best experience for the majority of players ASAP; and we will continue to bring additional improvements as needed

Lobby dodging is still ongoing. :rolleyes::whistle:

TheDreamcrusher
16th Oct 2015, 19:26
I just hope next league in november will not be ruined by some of the same bugs we have currently in this one...

Don't worry. There'll be a new blood rank skin to grind for along with all your favorite bugs present.

PencileyePirate
16th Oct 2015, 21:37
You may be aware that the current system attempts to match you with others looking for a match in your region. If no suitable matches can been made within a good amount of time, it will expand to certain regions to find a game for you. So if you're toward the US East Coast it is possible that you will be matched into an EU server.

We've been telling you that this is broken, bad, not okay.

I'm mid-east and I get 130+ ping to EU. It's a warping, rubber-banding, horribly-frustrating-want-to-uninstall-this-game experience. And of course it is because rubber-banding begins at only ~90ms ping in the land of Nosgoth. The netcode and hit detection in this game is so far beyond acceptable it's literally making people quit the game.

Just give us a region select or configurable max ping setting. It's not hard.

Kootkha
17th Oct 2015, 03:12
The reason is I'm not allowed to choose region.
I'm living in Russia, so have high ping even playing on EU zone. On NAm it's tottally unplayable for me.
So instead of doing anonim lobby, patch maked it just unseen so I can't check region and start looking for EU one, if it's not. And I can't leave unplayable NAm match when I enter it with this new system, bcz of loosing ranked position.

Ranked is dead for me now. Sad, really wanted that skin.

Blazzphemy
18th Oct 2015, 00:33
Out of interest Blazzphemy, what kind of ping time are you receiving to the EU servers?

I get from 140-160 regularly when put in EU and will have frequent pauses in gameplay.

akr0nym
19th Oct 2015, 13:20
Don't worry. There'll be a new blood rank skin to grind for along with all your favorite bugs present.

thahahaa :D good one, dude (sadly i am also sure it's gonna go down like that, but hope dies last...)

Farnbeak
21st Oct 2015, 08:57
Hello Oghamsmith,

If no suitable matches can been made within a good amount of time, it will expand to certain regions to find a game for you.

Last time I played league this week I was put on a NAm server after 2:30 of search time. Is that a good amount of time? During evening (peak for Nosgoth) hours I usually find a EU game in 5 minutes and its totally ok for me, I wouldn't expect less. I would wait till 15 minutes, it would still be ok for me.

This specific 'time' issue aside, I would really like to repeat my feedback from the very first league alpha implementation: The involuntary region merge decision is BAD, especially with penalties to the only way to opt out - to quit.

I will draw an analogy with any sales in real life. When asked for a specific good, you go searching for it. You dont find it in a reasonable amount of time, you say "it'll take a bit longer, are you willing to wait?" Then, you just don't find it again. Next thing you do is you wrap up a lower quality similar good with your customer not knowing and sell it as if you've actually found the desired item at last. Also you have penalties for customer goods returns! (The lower quality good in question is a Nosgoth game with ping 150+)

You may get the logic and interest in that system in a real world physical shop in some ghetto or tourist area, where money is earned per serve basis, but I don't get it in a free-to-play game that actually wants me to return and doesn't earn anything from a single 'serving'. Why wouldn't you let the players choose if they're willing to wait some more time or play a suboptimal match when that is possible? Ok, it needs technical implementation (a tickbox before search or a question popup if found a match in other region), but why is the opt-out not the default option here? You're already restricting the leagues to fixed hours and create extra incentives (skins/money) so it gets the desired playerbase to matchmake successfully. So, in other words, why secretly sell the lower quality good if you have the one desired (when you dont gain extra benefit from this, but lose trust)?

P.s. I'm in Moscow, playing on most EU servers with 40-50 ping, a couple of times I've had EU ranked games with ping around 100 (mildly uncomfortable), NAm games are unplayable at 150-200 ping ranges.