PDA

View Full Version : Episodes 2-4 broken (PS3)

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 21:55
The game's subtitles show up as file names, and the game keeps glitching out. I deleted and reinstalled the game but it's still happening. How do I fix this? Anybody?

julietxjules
16th Oct 2015, 22:09
I use a PS3 and I can definitely state that I have not experienced this horrendous glitch that you suffer from. I have no solution to your problem but I can offer you two avenues of advice that might help.

1. Your file save data may be corrupted, meaning that you might have to erase it and start over.

2. Your hard-drive may be corrupted and in need of a complete system restore. I have had problems in the past with games on the PS3, but after performing a system restore the problems and the glitches they brought all went away.

You may want to seriously consider trying out one, or both options above.

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 22:33
I use a PS3 and I can definitely state that I have not experienced this horrendous glitch that you suffer from. I have no solution to your problem but I can offer you two avenues of advice that might help.

1. Your file save data may be corrupted, meaning that you might have to erase it and start over.

2. Your hard-drive may be corrupted and in need of a complete system restore. I have had problems in the past with games on the PS3, but after performing a system restore the problems and the glitches they brought all went away.

You may want to seriously consider trying out one, or both options above.

Ugh, it takes so long to play the game. Thank you so much, the subtitles are the least of my problems with the glitches :/

julietxjules
16th Oct 2015, 22:40
Ugh, it takes so long to play the game. Thank you so much, the subtitles are the least of my problems with the glitches :/

The game overall has many bugs and glitches across all platforms - it seems. Bear this is mind if you perform a system restore; the game will work but do not expect to be entirely bug free.

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 22:46
The game overall has many bugs and glitches across all platforms - it seems. Bear this is mind if you perform a system restore; the game will work but do not expect to be entirely bug free.

It actually started a few weeks ago with it crashing when I entered the vortex party, so I reinstalled and suddenly Max turns into a living mannequin (skin completely white, eyes included), Episode 4 dialogue skips (it's just like when you skip dialogue that you've already seen, speeding through switching between Max and whoever she's talking to) level names turned into things like Jefferson's Car and Old Farm, and spotlight and projector textures turned into black squares.

julietxjules
16th Oct 2015, 22:54
It actually started a few weeks ago with it crashing when I entered the vortex party, so I reinstalled and suddenly Max turns into a living mannequin (skin completely white, eyes included), Episode 4 dialogue skips (it's just like when you skip dialogue that you've already seen, speeding through switching between Max and whoever she's talking to) level names turned into things like Jefferson's Car and Old Farm, and spotlight and projector textures turned into black squares.

The strangest one I came across was in Nathan's room when Max was looking at the projected pictures on the wall. The first time I played it everything was fine, but on the second run the light-beam coming from the projector was totally black - it was shaped like a cone! I actually laughed out loud when I saw it.

quentinduhe
16th Oct 2015, 22:56
The strangest one I came across was in Nathan's room when Max was looking at the projected pictures on the wall. The first time I played it everything was fine, but on the second run the light-beam coming from the projector was totally black - it was shaped like a cone! I actually laughed out loud when I saw it.

I deleted the save files. I hope this works. Thanks again for your help.

julietxjules
16th Oct 2015, 22:58
I deleted the save files. I hope this works. Thanks again for your help.

Oh, that's ok. . .I hope it works out for you. :)

quentinduhe
17th Oct 2015, 04:38
It's still broken. I reformatted my harddrive, deleted everything off my PS3, and Life is Strange is still broken. I love the game, but i wasted my money on this crap.

julietxjules
17th Oct 2015, 11:01
It's still broken. I reformatted my harddrive, deleted everything off my PS3, and Life is Strange is still broken. I love the game, but i wasted my money on this crap.

Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that. It just goes to show how different one PS3 can be from another.

On a technical note: make sure you perform a FULL system format rather than a QUICK system format; there is a huge difference between the two.

I know all of this is a complete and utter pain, but once you have performed a FULL system format download each episode individually and play it. Start with downloading episode one ONLY; do not download the other episodes yet. In most cases with this game the problems start with episode two. Stick with this procedure and systematically go through each episode and see if the same problems recur.

If that proves to be useless then you should contact customer support (here (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=11621&la=2)) and tell them about your issues.

I do not know what country you live in, but here in the UK a new digital law has been passed that gives consumers buying and downloading digital content new rights regarding purchases that do not perform as they should. There is also a clear 30 day period from the date of purchase for you to ask for your money back if the manufacturer is unable to rectify the issue. This law has been a long time coming and I welcome it wholeheartedly.

If you do not live in the UK then I am at a loss to offer any more help.

quentinduhe
17th Oct 2015, 11:29
Oh dear, I am sorry to hear that. It just goes to show how different one PS3 can be from another.

On a technical note: make sure you perform a FULL system format rather than a QUICK system format; there is a huge difference between the two.

I know all of this is a complete and utter pain, but once you have performed a FULL system format download each episode individually and play it. Start with downloading episode one ONLY; do not download the other episodes yet. In most cases with this game the problems start with episode two. Stick with this procedure and systematically go through each episode and see if the same problems recur.

If that proves to be useless then you should contact customer support (here (https://support.eu.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=11621&la=2)) and tell them about your issues.

I do not know what country you live in, but here in the UK a new digital law has been passed that gives consumers buying and downloading digital content new rights regarding purchases that do not perform as they should. There is also a clear 30 day period from the date of purchase for you to ask for your money back if the manufacturer is unable to rectify the issue. This law has been a long time coming and I welcome it wholeheartedly.

If you do not live in the UK then I am at a loss to offer any more help.

I'm sorry, I don't mean to act like that. It's just that this game means a lot to me, and I just want to play Polarized the day it comes out.

julietxjules
17th Oct 2015, 13:31
I'm sorry, I don't mean to act like that. It's just that this game means a lot to me, and I just want to play Polarized the day it comes out.

No need to apologise; you are frustrated and that is totally understandable given the circumstances that have prevented you from playing this game. I have been lucky in the sense that, although I too suffer from bugs and game crashing every now and then, these little niggles have never prevented me from making progress through the game.

And to reiterate: if you have not performed a FULL system format then do so. This action will take at least four hours.

Contacting customer support is also a good idea but, it is now the weekend and come Monday, which is the eve of the series finale, it is highly unlikely that your issue will be resolved by Tuesday.

I do not envy your situation in the least - it is horrid and I sincerely hope it will get resolved soon.

quentinduhe
17th Oct 2015, 13:39
It'll take 14 hours, I assume it's because my PS3 didn't come with a hard-drive, and I used my old laptop drive and stuck it inside the PS3 and used something to keep it in place. This is gonna take forever. I wish I had time like Max :lol:

quentinduhe
18th Oct 2015, 04:55
No need to apologise; you are frustrated and that is totally understandable given the circumstances that have prevented you from playing this game. I have been lucky in the sense that, although I too suffer from bugs and game crashing every now and then, these little niggles have never prevented me from making progress through the game.

And to reiterate: if you have not performed a FULL system format then do so. This action will take at least four hours.

Contacting customer support is also a good idea but, it is now the weekend and come Monday, which is the eve of the series finale, it is highly unlikely that your issue will be resolved by Tuesday.

I do not envy your situation in the least - it is horrid and I sincerely hope it will get resolved soon.

It didn't work >:( I fully formatted my ps3, I wasted 15 hours of my life for it to be still broken..

Laritou
18th Oct 2015, 08:49
I have exactly the same problem like you! Instead of subtitels there are the file names of this conversation. I think the cause of this problem is, that my game isn't find the newest update. After i reinstall the game it was setted to version 1.0. and after i searched for the newest patch. Then i get the message that the current patch ist still installed although the version of my game is 1.0.! I fully fomatted my ps3 like you but it also didn't work. I'm really desperate :/

quentinduhe
18th Oct 2015, 08:57
I have exactly the same problem like you! Instead of subtitels there are the file names of this conversation. I think the cause of this problem is, that my game isn't find the newest update. After i reinstall the game it was setted to version 1.0. and after i searched for the newest patch. Then i get the message that the current patch ist still installed although the version of my game is 1.0.! I fully fomatted my ps3 like you but it also didn't work. I'm really desperate :/

If I get help I'll let you know.

Laritou
18th Oct 2015, 16:24
That would be nice :)

jaywalker2309
19th Oct 2015, 08:40
Hopefully just sorted this now..