PDA

View Full Version : Argh...I want to try my missions in an actual game, but NO...

TRoosevelt_26
28th Jun 2002, 17:17
I modified MISFLAGS.str so that my missions are at the end and all the other missions say "skip", but no deal.
Can my first mission be as high as miss901?

Do I have to put in objectives or an objectives .TXT, .CFG or .STR file first?

Anything else I should have done?

I replaced my miss900.mis with a miss20.mis from another FM which I know works, and it wouldn't start either even though I renamed miss20 to miss900. So it is something I am not doing, not a problem with my mission. I hope.

Stile451
28th Jun 2002, 18:16
The high number of your mis is the problem, try something lower, like 20.

There is a limit to how high the number of the mis can be.

ChristineS
28th Jun 2002, 18:23
Have you set in Dromed:

Editor - Mission Parameters - Dark Mission Description:
Mission Number: 20
Mission Pathname: miss20

Komag
28th Jun 2002, 21:18
Yeah, try what ChristineS said. There are quite a few things to get a mission ready to work in the regular game. I go through it all in detail in my tutorial, but it's not all entirely necessary just to test your own progress through the regular game. But my question is, why? What do you want to do that you can't do just through Dromed game mode?

TRoosevelt_26
28th Jun 2002, 22:28
Dunno...I just want to make sure there are no bugs in the .MIS file that will preclude it's working in actual game mode. Just paranoid, I guess. *grins sheepishly*

TRoosevelt_26
28th Jun 2002, 23:50
Oh, well...guess I'll worry about setting my missions up when they are actually ready to be a/b tested.