PDA

View Full Version : The End Of All Things

julietxjules
16th Oct 2015, 06:54
Well. . . here we all are, almost at the end of a journey that many of us embarked on at the end of January this year. I feel a certain sadness in myself that this rather compelling series is very nearly at an end, and when it is a huge void will then occupy the space which it once filled with wonderment and anticipation for what was to come next; what am I to do with myself from then on?

Author's note: . . . don't answer that!!!

I suppose in all I should feel grateful (and I do) that a game had come along that pushed back the boundaries that developers had imposed on themselves, boundaries self imposed through uncertainty or commercial doubt as to whether or not their game could ever become successful with such controversial content that this game has in volumes, and has always hinted at or shown but never shied away from since the very beginning - way back in episode one, an episode that braved to open up Pandora's box. But succeed it did, and either by word of mouth, curiosity, this forum, or advertisement, etc, by the end of July over one Million copies had been sold to an ever growing Life Is Strange gaming community.

I wonder what the figures are like now.

So the idea that when a butterfly flaps its wings and causes a storm somewhere else on the planet is not only pertinent and relevant to the game itself, but can also be likened to how the game, upon its initial release, caused its own storm. It would seem that DONTNOD, standing atop an enormous hill of snow had let loose a tiny rolling snowball that grew bigger and bigger until inevitably it started to gain more and more momentum . . . there was no stopping it now!

There has been a multitude of theories born from playing this game and even now no one can truly see or predict how it will all turn out in the end. So forget the theories and speculation for now, just sit back and relax with the knowledge that in just a few more days time there will not be any need for theories because as we all play "Polarized," the truth, eventually, will out! And be glad that, despite what your own feelings maybe about the game, we have all become a part of something unique and special in the sense that we have had a glimpse through a window, a window that has shown us that gaming does not have to be repetitive and samey, and that every now and then a game will come along which will rekindle a belief, a belief that there really can be something different and dangerously daring which piques your interest.

And on an ending note: I know that we all have our own ideas about the fate of our favourite characters, and I hope that, in part at least, some of them come true for all of you.

Fingers crossed.

JJ

:)

TheAlpha534
16th Oct 2015, 11:05
Article name:The End Of All Things
Author: julietxjules
O___0 It's about to hit the fan...
As for the article itself, well...

Well, here we are again.
It's always such a pleasure...

julietxjules
16th Oct 2015, 11:39
Apart from quoting my thread title and its author, I think I need a decoder to properly understand your curious comment.

TheAlpha534
16th Oct 2015, 11:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3fVUU7Drv2I

I was trying to say we find ourselfs(ourselves?dunno, not native speaker) at the same place everytime we finish an activity we like to do, be that reading or playing games. As for the decoder, nothing will be able to help you with whatever my strange brain spawns.

KiraS94
17th Oct 2015, 22:01
And on an ending note: I know that we all have our own ideas about the fate of our favourite characters, and I hope that, in part at least, some of them come true for all of you.
I really envy your excitement! I also felt this kind of excitement after the first episodes, and I really miss that.

Unfortunately, EP4 ruined the suspension of disbelief for me, which is disastrous for a game whose main strength should be the believable characters and events. I hope EP5 goes back to the roots, with some real choices, and believable events & characters.

I don't really care whether the ending is sad or happy, mundane or paranormal, I just want to feel that I could make some relevant choices, and they each have logical (if not always foreseeable) consequences.

julietxjules
17th Oct 2015, 23:51
I really envy your excitement! I also felt this kind of excitement after the first episodes, and I really miss that.

Unfortunately, EP4 ruined the suspension of disbelief for me, which is disastrous for a game whose main strength should be the believable characters and events. I hope EP5 goes back to the roots, with some real choices, and believable events & characters.

I don't really care whether the ending is sad or happy, mundane or paranormal, I just want to feel that I could make some relevant choices, and they each have logical (if not always foreseeable) consequences.

I have always had a very positive attitude and a healthy enthusiasm for the game after I began the adventure in January. The gaming world, for me, had become too predictable and so boring that I felt that any new content I bought could actually reduce me to a comatose state!

I then stopped playing games in general.

I wanted something different to come along, and guess what . . . it did!

I am not too fussed about how the game ultimately will end, all I do hope for is that the developers remain brave enough to see it through and not alter its course through fear of being unpopular or controversial.

I am more than prepared for the storm!

Tataboj
18th Oct 2015, 08:59

Everybody has a different main reason to play the game. For me, it was the atmosphere and then the story. The consequences of my choices are in the 3rd place. But I'll say that: all the choices, especially in Ep. 4 seemed to set up the game for the finale so I think the results of choices will really matter.