PDA

View Full Version : MISC. A list of suggestions from a resident of Nosgoth

Maxinus
15th Oct 2015, 23:11
1. UPCOMING EVENT

First thing I would like to say is that I'm rather disappointed with the upcoming event. Not only are the Devil items being reused, but they're now being integrated with those wretched chests. I can empathize with the developers need to make money, but chests simply aren't the way to go. Just put them in the store for a runestone price and drop after games on occasion. Despite the uproar that occurred during the Crucible (which probably could've been avoided had your consumers been given a head's up) event's business model, that particular instance was probably about as fair as it was going to get.

2. WEAPON SKINS

Weapon skins are noticeably absent from the game. I personally would like to see them added. I was thinking they'd be distributed like normal skins. So each weapon has a prestige skin that you get from maxing the weapon on, and then there are other skins that can just be bought. On that note, I'd like to see the Founder items receive an FX at some point. Something like molten gold would be cool.

3. VAMPIRE ARESNAL

Vampires never exclusively used their claws. To immensely add to the variation gameplay I'd recommend you add balanced alternatives to the claws. Each class would have their own set. So the Tyrant could have some sort of giant Cleaver sword. Slow to swing, but packs a heavier punch than his claws. Then he'd have some sort of weapon that allowed him to attack faster, but for less damage. Each class would have balanced alternatives to their claws that cater to a slightly different playstyle.

4. DEVOLUTION

Devolution is something I would really like to see added to the game. Since leagues have been implemented you could maybe at devolved skins for the vampire Blood rewards. I don't think adding skins are really the way to go though. A prestige class similar to their fledgling brothers, but more feral or something, would probably be the best way to go, in my opinion.

5. MAP INTERACTIONS

Maps are cool and all, but they're missing something. I feel each map should have a few interactive elements. No suggestions come to mind, so I'm going to let others brainstorm ideas for that.

6. ADDING AND IMPROVING ABILITES

There are a few abilities that need to be fixed. There is nothing particular wrong with them, technically speaking, they're just skills that people rarely use because they're not as viable as other skills. Adding more abilities for each class is definitely something I want to see more of, but maybe you guys should consider revisiting some of the less popular ones at some point.

7. PROPHET'S PRESTIGE SKIN

This is something that another forum has touched on, but please fix the prophet skin. I really do not care for it at all and the suggestions and artwork others have been contributing in the thread I'll link below is infinitely better than the concept art that we've seen, in my opinion.

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=171244

8. HUMAN SORCERER

I'm very fond of mages but I have not a one class in Nosgoth to appease my instable desire to control the elements. I've seen mages in earlier titles and would LOVE to see them here too. I've seen lots of different ideas on how they should be implemented, but I'll let others discuss how it should be done below.

9. MORE GAME MODES

Something I've seen suggested is having battles against Kain's lieutenants. I quite like that idea. Maybe a player could control one of them. Maybe they're non playable, although that seems like a boring way to approach it. I also think that different game modes should have different maps. As others have said before, some of these modes just feel like an afterthought and as a result to get as much attention as TDM. Giving maps that revolve around the modes objective seems like the best way to go.

10. LOBBY BROSWER

Pretty self explanatory.

11. BOT MODE

I have a horrible connection most of the time, so I'd really like to get my Nosgoth fix offline. This is definitely something that should be added in the future.

12. SENTINEL STUFF

There is a problem with their FX in which it cuts off at the wrist at certain angles. I don't know if this is just me or this is something everyone has seen. Regardless, I want it fixed. I'd also like them to be able to hover in mid air.

13. THE SOUNDTRACK

Is lacking. Please look to previous titles for inspiration when it comes to fight songs and make map exclusive themes. Thank ya very much.

Thanks for reading.

Much love from a Fabulous Necromancer.:rasp:

Ygdrasel
16th Oct 2015, 01:49
Weapons for the vampires would be interesting alongside some deeper melee mechanics. Soundtrack leaves much to be desired. Weapons skins...Eh. Some manner of 'prestige' weapon could be nice. More abilities are always a plus.

As for more devolution, while the idea seems iffy given the particular time range being handled here, it's something I'd still love to see. Not in chests or as rewards though, just level-based like the current evolved skins. Maybe a rare end-of-match drop or based on kill count or something.