PDA

View Full Version : What is your favorite Tomb Raider game? Once and for all.

Catsuit and Ponytail
19th Jun 2002, 12:05
But familiar topics,
Tomb Raider http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/TR1.jpeg, Tomb Raider II http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/TR2.jpg,
Tomb Raider III http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/tr3.jpg, Tomb Raider: The Lost Artifact http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/TR_LA.gif,
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/trlr.jpg and Tomb Raider Chronicles http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/tr5.jpg

As well as Tomb Raider Gold http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/tr1tub.jpg, and Tomb Raider II Gold http://www.catsuitandponytail.com/files/tr2goldmask.jpg.

GoranAgar
19th Jun 2002, 12:59
Looks familiar :D

Catsuit and Ponytail
19th Jun 2002, 13:20
Do you mean "New Forum But familiar topics," ?

Hmmmmm I thought it was just what was needed .... kinda of like a certain champagne bottle flying towards it's doom on the shiney hull of a new ship as a christening... ;)

I always loved that scene.... hehehehe

GoranAgar
19th Jun 2002, 14:04
Oh. .... I see. Makes sense now. Do you clean up those pictures? I mean bring them in a nice order? They behave somewhat catlike, heehee.

Catsuit and Ponytail
19th Jun 2002, 14:27
They are as neat and tidy as you know I am.....wait.....

That is to say, there are two pictures per line, right after it's title a picure of it comes.

And if it is uneven, it is Core's fault for making the titles different lengths. ;) :p

GoranAgar
19th Jun 2002, 15:31
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I don't know .......

Xcom
19th Jun 2002, 17:52
Goran, are you talking to yourself here or real Catsuit has joined us? (In that case Hi:D )

Catsuit and Ponytail
20th Jun 2002, 11:24
It is really me, Xcom, in the cyper-flesh, so to speak.

I wanted to test the user-name that has so graciously been provided by the powers that be, as well as mark this forum as "read" ;) Hehehehe

I also thought that holding a quasi-scientific poll about the topic would prove interesting to all involved. :)

What would be of great interest to me is to see what the developers and handlers of this liscence would vote as their favourite Tomb Raider up until now. It would be really nice to see some of the fellows from Core voting. :D

Xcom
20th Jun 2002, 23:32
Originally posted by Catsuit and Ponytail

What would be of great interest to me is to see what the developers and handlers of this liscence would vote as their favourite Tomb Raider up until now. It would be really nice to see some of the fellows from Core voting. :D

Unfortunately we cannot see who voted for what. ;)

Btw, welcome to the forum, hehe. :D

RedLegg
21st Jun 2002, 01:59
Originally posted by Xcom

Unfortunately we cannot see who voted for what. ;)

Btw, welcome to the forum, hehe. :D

Actually...WE can...hehehe

Xcom
21st Jun 2002, 03:26
To rephrase,

normal (aka mortal) people cannot see who voted for what. :D

Driber
28th Jun 2002, 20:37
Originally posted by Xcom
people cannot see who voted for what. :D

well golly gees, that just goes against the Core principles of voting, doesn't it? :p

Originally posted by GoranAgar

indeed!
lets check her post for hidden links ;)

[edit: damn, none found :(

:D]

Kristine@LIM
28th Jun 2002, 21:01
Cool there's polls here:) I can't believe TRLR is beating TRII! It's still my fav for now...

DanO-mulder
29th Jun 2002, 02:31
My vote TR2

MountainDewNut
29th Jun 2002, 02:45
TR3 is the best in my opinoin!

Aquarius
29th Jun 2002, 03:36
Come on TR3!!! Beat the other games!! :cool:

Glider
29th Jun 2002, 05:24
I can see the results. They showed up right after I voted. So far it's a four way tie for first place. TR's 1, 2, 3, & 4. Four votes each. :D

DaveJ
29th Jun 2002, 08:11
I went for TR2 before spotting TR2 Gold...but I'm happy.

wriggle
29th Jun 2002, 08:40
Vote goes to......: TR:LR

V_Croft
29th Jun 2002, 09:09
Mine goes to TR3 :D !

Raider of relics
29th Jun 2002, 11:33
I liked most TR The lost artifact and TR The last revelation!

whitemetal
29th Jun 2002, 14:00
TR3 is the best for me but i know without a dought AOD will
erase that notion for sure:)

AmO
29th Jun 2002, 17:22
:D good day everybody!! my vote went to #3 loved them all though, but never liked the picture of Lara on the last revelation box. :p

JP2Fingers
29th Jun 2002, 18:38
Hello all, This is my 1st Post, a Sig test, AND a vote for The Original!

Lil Lara
29th Jun 2002, 19:58
Hmm.. it seems that not too many people enjoyed Chronicles, why is that? Just wondering, I liked it, but it isn't my favorite. I had a hard time deciding, but my vote went to TR2. It was the first one I played and the one that got me hooked. I also love TR3 and TRLR, as well.

Catwoman
29th Jun 2002, 20:46
It's a close tie between 1 & 2, but I have to vote for #2. The sounds, the atmosphere, the cool baddies, that great looking diving suit. *sigh*

Fairchild
29th Jun 2002, 23:50
i voted for TR1 to help
"even the score". i like them all but I'm
fond of Lost Valley level- &
Palace Midas is quite wild-looking..

TRaiderlover
30th Jun 2002, 01:55
Despite the fact that I beat all TR games (except TRLR)I like TRchronicles. Think about it.....her butler,priest,and the others are reminising about Lara and how she was in her younger days up until how she is now. It actuall shows how she was before she officialy started her adventures and when she was a teenager. That is why I like that one:p :D

OuTR
30th Jun 2002, 05:55
I think Chronicles isnt doing too well cuz it was way too short..still one of my favs. That and part 2

Thorin Oakenshield
30th Jun 2002, 11:22
I prefer Chronicles followed by the Original TR. In it's day it was the best game out there:)

Gumdrop
30th Jun 2002, 13:15
Well I've just given TR1 the peck on the cheek it deserves...Probably the only TR game I will ever play again in the future. Classic. :)

eTux
30th Jun 2002, 17:32
Is it just me, or couldn't I vote for my beloved The Lost Artefact because I wanted see the results before I voted?

Anywayz, it's got my vote, even if I couldn't decide between TR2 and TLA :p

Deekman
30th Jun 2002, 20:19
Originally posted by Catsuit and Ponytail
... kinda of like a certain champagne bottle flying towards it's doom on the shiney hull of a new ship as a christening... ;)

I always loved that scene.... hehehehe

Of course you mean that Bottle of Dom vintage 2265!
http://www.sendchampagne.com/dompergion1.jpg

Solange
30th Jun 2002, 22:38
I voted for the first, and it's IN THE LEAD!

TRaiderlover
30th Jun 2002, 22:54
Yeah....the first one was my favorite, but after I played TR chronicles last year and beat it, it became my favorite. Because of the detailed mysteries and action, and some parts that was uncovered.... that we didn't even know about..... that happened in da past

TRaiderlover
30th Jun 2002, 22:57
....that happened in Lara's past. Even when she was a teenager TR4 was a little depressing.

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 14:03
:mad: tr3 is tied with tr1 cmon someone else vote tr3!!! it is so the best!!! I voted for it ;)

tomb_raiding
2nd Jul 2002, 09:02
Everybody says that TR3 is the Hardest and the most boring (Infact it is the most exiting) but i can see that most of the votes r for it :( :D

Lord Croft
2nd Jul 2002, 14:46
Originally posted by Glider
I can see the results. They showed up right after I voted. So far it's a four way tie for first place. TR's 1, 2, 3, & 4. Four votes each. :D

People meant they can't see who voted for what. My fav is TR3.

Can the mods make a list of votes at the end?

CatSuitandPonytail
3rd Jul 2002, 12:24
Originally posted by DEEKMAN

Of course you mean that Bottle of Dom vintage 2265!
http://www.sendchampagne.com/dompergion1.jpg

DEEKMAN, you know it! ;)

That was a wonderful year. hehehehe

Hmmmmm how the time flies! ;)

Qualopec
4th Jul 2002, 11:33
Glad 2 c we all have nuff sense 2 keep TR1 in first place:)

Chronicles5
4th Jul 2002, 15:37
NO!!!!!!!!! TR3 was winning and now tr1 is!! why pick tr1 over tr3??? :confused: lol :D

laranur
4th Jul 2002, 20:50
Originally posted by MountainDewNut
TR3 is the best in my opinoin!

I loved all TR series but especially TR3 it was great. I am playing again 6th time now with the secrets (I played all of them several times) am I TR maniac?

What do we do without TR and Lara ?
:D

Qualopec
5th Jul 2002, 07:53
If we had no TR or Lara...we'd invent them!!lol

Its only right TR1 should lead, i mean c'mon u cannot fault the original..surely?!

snickrep2002
7th Jul 2002, 18:06
I would be voting for tomb raider 2, but the original tomb raider is the best one. :)

Godfather
7th Jul 2002, 19:25
I hate to tell you this, but you are all wrong! :)

The beauty of the Tomb Raider-saga is that every single game released so far has got an extra-ordinary feature which makes it absolutely the best!

Tomb Raider: The first Tomb Raider is the greatest, because it has the greatest storyline providing unexpected twists and turns and an ending that'll make you want to play this game over and over again. There are also some of the greatest characters ever to appear in a videogame such as Lara Croft herself, Jacqueline Natla, Pierre and of course Larson.

Tomb Raider II: The second one of the series has undoubtedly the greatest action! There are way more baddies to deal with and although none of them has great personality like the baddies of the first, they are difficult to beat sometimes and this makes you only improve your skills. The final enemy of this game is still the most difficult one to beat; I think. The weapons look and handle much better and the whole thing is a bit more realistic; especially the environment. The music is as beautiful as you've never heard before, but in the end it's the action which is the best feature of this game.

Tomb Raider III: The third one and according to quite some people the greatest one in the series, may be called 'another classic videogame' because it has the most beautiful colors, the most realistic, the most variable and as a result of that the most awesome background-environments ever seen in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point) and last but not least: the most beautiful Lara Croft ever witnessed in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point, because the 'new' Lara Croft of TR IV and V looks just as athletic and sexy as ever, but that beautiful face from TR I, II and III has been replaced by a somewhat more adult-like face).

Tomb Raider: The last revelation: This fourth installment gives us a totally new gameplay and therefore it's one of the most pleasant Tomb Raider-games to play; also because the storyline of this particular game is very intriguing. The greatest feature of this game is probably the adventure. There IS some action, but it's not the mindless (read: straightforward) action of part II, but it's more controlled, more sinister, more thrilling than ever before. It's one of the most difficult (maybe even THE most difficult) Tomb Raider-game so far, because you can switch back between certain levels making it hard to find out what path is the right one to choose. The whole thing looks less straightforward; this is not the same game anymore where you have to shoot the baddies. No, you have to undo Lara's mistake and you have to watch your steps; even more than before! It's the gameplay in general which makes this Tomb Raider-game worthy of playing it over and over again. Everything's different, but in a pleasant way!

Tomb Raider: Chronicles: Although the fifth installment is the shortest of all and looks rather like a 'passing time' to keep us fans busy until the next Tomb Raider-game, it's still a great game however! Maybe the weakest of them all, but still fun to play; yes Ma'am! I guess the best thing about this game is the atmosphere which is rather gloomy ... Lara Croft is considered to be dead and we get to see one last look at her (or at least: that is what they want us to think) through some beautiful flash-backs which brought sweet tears to my eyes. So, the atmosphere: everything looks smoothier than before and Lara's new moves are greater than ever!

For the next Tomb Raider-game, I can't come up with some new. I guess the atmosphere is even better and much darker in Tomb Raider 6 than in Chronicles and the gameplay is extra-ordinary. I think (and I hope too) that all previous features which were great in all previous Tomb Raider-games are going to be improved a lot in this next Tomb Raider-game. Character development, action, gameplay, colors and the environment, etc ...

I don't know whether you'll agree with me on this, but that is what I think of it. C ya! ;)

snickrep2002
8th Jul 2002, 00:02
Originally posted by Godfather
I hate to tell you this, but you are all wrong! :)

The beauty of the Tomb Raider-saga is that every single game released so far has got an extra-ordinary feature which makes it absolutely the best!

Tomb Raider: The first Tomb Raider is the greatest, because it has the greatest storyline providing unexpected twists and turns and an ending that'll make you want to play this game over and over again. There are also some of the greatest characters ever to appear in a videogame such as Lara Croft herself, Jacqueline Natla, Pierre and of course Larson.

Tomb Raider II: The second one of the series has undoubtedly the greatest action! There are way more baddies to deal with and although none of them has great personality like the baddies of the first, they are difficult to beat sometimes and this makes you only improve your skills. The final enemy of this game is still the most difficult one to beat; I think. The weapons look and handle much better and the whole thing is a bit more realistic; especially the environment. The music is as beautiful as you've never heard before, but in the end it's the action which is the best feature of this game.

Tomb Raider III: The third one and according to quite some people the greatest one in the series, may be called 'another classic videogame' because it has the most beautiful colors, the most realistic, the most variable and as a result of that the most awesome background-environments ever seen in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point) and last but not least: the most beautiful Lara Croft ever witnessed in a Tomb Raider-game (even up to this point, because the 'new' Lara Croft of TR IV and V looks just as athletic and sexy as ever, but that beautiful face from TR I, II and III has been replaced by a somewhat more adult-like face).

Tomb Raider: The last revelation: This fourth installment gives us a totally new gameplay and therefore it's one of the most pleasant Tomb Raider-games to play; also because the storyline of this particular game is very intriguing. The greatest feature of this game is probably the adventure. There IS some action, but it's not the mindless (read: straightforward) action of part II, but it's more controlled, more sinister, more thrilling than ever before. It's one of the most difficult (maybe even THE most difficult) Tomb Raider-game so far, because you can switch back between certain levels making it hard to find out what path is the right one to choose. The whole thing looks less straightforward; this is not the same game anymore where you have to shoot the baddies. No, you have to undo Lara's mistake and you have to watch your steps; even more than before! It's the gameplay in general which makes this Tomb Raider-game worthy of playing it over and over again. Everything's different, but in a pleasant way!

Tomb Raider: Chronicles: Although the fifth installment is the shortest of all and looks rather like a 'passing time' to keep us fans busy until the next Tomb Raider-game, it's still a great game however! Maybe the weakest of them all, but still fun to play; yes Ma'am! I guess the best thing about this game is the atmosphere which is rather gloomy ... Lara Croft is considered to be dead and we get to see one last look at her (or at least: that is what they want us to think) through some beautiful flash-backs which brought sweet tears to my eyes. So, the atmosphere: everything looks smoothier than before and Lara's new moves are greater than ever!

For the next Tomb Raider-game, I can't come up with some new. I guess the atmosphere is even better and much darker in Tomb Raider 6 than in Chronicles and the gameplay is extra-ordinary. I think (and I hope too) that all previous features which were great in all previous Tomb Raider-games are going to be improved a lot in this next Tomb Raider-game. Character development, action, gameplay, colors and the environment, etc ...

I don't know whether you'll agree with me on this, but that is what I think of it. C ya! ;)

Actually, none of us are wrong. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion.Your opinion is that all the tomb raider games are good. Mine opinion is that tomb raider 1 is good. Everyone has their own opinion, so no one is wrong.

psiko
9th Jul 2002, 02:08
tr3 with no doubts, and as we are talking about this, I will start playing this tonight again :D
I would rate the lost artefact too, but I think I can express only one vote, right? anyhow, that engine was the best, the gameplay too: it that was built today it surely would have ROCK EVERITHING EVER RELEASED BEFORE!!

tr3 RULES :D

snickrep2002
9th Jul 2002, 02:52
First one is the best. :D

JunoJIm
9th Jul 2002, 03:20
I agree with psiko - TR3 - it's ironic that I just voted his COTW the best custom level, and that's how I got to this forum - anyhoo, HI everybody !!!

Mr Sinster
10th Jul 2002, 08:03
Tomb Raider 2 for me,as it is the first TR game i played........and i fell in LOVE.:eek:

shanedj
10th Jul 2002, 09:17
It has to be the original for me. Where would we ever be without numero uno!

I remember it as if it were only yesterday!!

Abyss Darkness
10th Jul 2002, 16:55
In order.

1st: TR1
2nd: TR2
3rd: TLR
4th: TR3
5th: TRC

fourletterword
10th Jul 2002, 18:20
./I guess all of them are great. It's really difficult for me to say which one's the best... :)

Aquarius
10th Jul 2002, 19:50
I'm surprised that TR2 isn't do too well. What's surprising is that more people like TR1 over TR2. :eek:

buueats
11th Jul 2002, 04:40
I enjoyed TR2 alot, one of the few TR games ive played that I got far in but failed to complete, TR1 would be my second fave!

Qualopec
11th Jul 2002, 07:40
Originally posted by Aquarius
... What's surprising is that more people like TR1 over TR2. :eek:

I think it's surprising that ppl dont think the original is the best!

snickrep2002
11th Jul 2002, 19:21
Originally posted by Qualopec

I think it's surprising that ppl dont think the original is the best!

Yeah I know, the first one is my favorite!

Jadetale
11th Jul 2002, 23:40
Originally posted by Abyss Darkness
In order.

Ditto.

Blu_online
13th Jul 2002, 13:10
mmm… TR3 without doubt :D :D :D !!!

http://www.larainmotion.com/anim_2.gif

Godfather
14th Jul 2002, 11:20
... but if I had to choose, I'd go for:

1. Tomb Raider
2. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation
3. Tomb Raider III
4. Tomb Raider II
5. Tomb Raider: Chronicles

Crofterz
14th Jul 2002, 16:37
I'm a TR2 girl..... just sooo cool!!

Solaris
14th Jul 2002, 17:56
i voted a long time ago..

TR2..is the best it beats the rests!

aww TR3 is winning:(

Godfather
15th Jul 2002, 16:20
Originally posted by Dagger of Xian
i voted a long time ago..

TR2..is the best it beats the rests!

aww TR3 is winning:(

Ha-haaa! :D

(sorry, I just watched The Simpsons again!)

scottie
18th Jul 2002, 18:46
Originally posted by GoranAgar

KandiDuran
20th Jul 2002, 03:50
My favorite has to be TRLR, but I think if I could I would pull certain levels from each game to make one big game! After I have beaten the games, I used the cheats to bypass certain levels I didn't like! :D

zappmon
20th Jul 2002, 13:11
Although TR2&TR3 are the one's that hooked me.I had to go with TRLR.I remember that warm & fuzzy feeling of total awe, as i loaded it .And saw just how much the graphic's and gameplay had improved.That and it's stability.To this day it's one of the few I've set aside in reserve for testing out new gaming machines.:D

FoxyKat
22nd Jul 2002, 03:27
I voted for TR3!!!!!:D And it is beating all the other ones with 33 votes, the first TR is in second with 29!

Sang
22nd Jul 2002, 05:39
I agreed with Godfather' analysis in page2.

But TR2 is the game that introduced me to Lara and tomb- raiding, and got me sooo hooked! So I vote for TR2.

I guess it's love at first sight :D

Kanji
23rd Jul 2002, 02:54
For me, the PS version of TR1 was the best, even without all the extra moves, better graphics and so on. Even if the first couple of levels were a bit on the easy side, the atmosphere, the originality and the fact that *gasp* she actually raids tombs!! all add up to make it the number one. I found the "save only where there are crystals" system to be REALLY hard, but good for that reason. The relief of reaching a crystal is still the ultimate TR feeling for me.

jso2897
28th Jul 2002, 13:54
I would never be able to say. TR1 blew my mind, and turned me on to PC gaming. TR2 introduced me to DirectX and 3D graphics. TR3 was the hardest game I ever played. Right now I am playing TR4 on my new machine I put together, and it's just incredible. There is no way I could pick and choose. For one thing, I experienced the different stages of TR at different stages in my developement as a gamer, and my perspective changed over time. I have also started TRC, and I have decided to suspend play until I finish TR4. I am timing it to try to finish TRC just as they're releasing TR6. I love em' all!

tomb_raiding
31st Jul 2002, 00:20
And they all say TR3 is too long and boring...... :o It's my favorite anyway ;)

@GodFather u think exactly like I do ;) :cool:

ELEN
3rd Aug 2002, 20:06
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/otn/wink/thumb.gif Tomb Raider II...

AOD510123
5th Aug 2002, 04:23
My vote is for TR2.

Nooka
6th Aug 2002, 13:32
Hi everyone!

Ive enjoyed them all but if I really have to pick one it would be TR IV The Last Revelation. I loved the whole Egyptian theme and the way it started with young Lara and the history of how she met Von Croy. Superb!

Godfather
6th Aug 2002, 16:30
Originally posted by tomb_raiding
GodFather u think exactly like I do ;) :cool:

I know: great minds at work!! :D

Godfather
6th Aug 2002, 16:32
Originally posted by Nooka
Hi everyone!

Ive enjoyed them all but if I really have to pick one it would be TR IV The Last Revelation. I loved the whole Egyptian theme and the way it started with young Lara and the history of how she met Von Croy. Superb!

Hey, you're from that great popsong: "My name is Nooka. I live on the second floor. I live upstairs from you. Guess you must have seen me before ... or is that Luka?" :D :D

Nooka
6th Aug 2002, 17:03
Hmmm I think that was Luca!

Nooka is from 'The Sagas of Noggin the Nog' by Oliver Postgate and Peter Firmin. ;)

iMPaCT
8th Aug 2002, 18:09
wel, tr3la is in my opinion the best tr game, trlr comes in second place because it just gets boring after a while,with al those egyptian levels

Eckhardt
17th Aug 2002, 22:44
I vote TRLR

Kurtis Trent
17th Aug 2002, 22:48
i voted for chronicles. i play that one over n' over n' over. :D

Kaliya
19th Aug 2002, 09:35
Eh, I like all that I've played (TR TR2 TR3 Chronicles), waiting for AOD.. waiting.. ahh can't wait!! hehe

Bartoly
31st Aug 2002, 18:04
My favourite game is Tomb Raider 2! Because it was my first game!

1. Tomb Raider 2
2. Tomb Raider 1
3. Tomb Raider: Chronicles
4. Tomb Raider:The Last Revelation
5. Tomb Raider 3

RaiderRanger
2nd Sep 2002, 08:32
I voted for TR3 but I also liked TRC, especially the Red Alert levels.
In TR3 I could never kill that frogman to get to the secret, that really frustrated me.:mad: :D

Dawn
7th Sep 2002, 23:37
TR3, definitly my favourite..but I also really, really enjoyed TR:TRL

Dawn

RaiderRanger
11th Sep 2002, 17:39
I've just started doing them all over again for the umpteenth time.
At the moment I'm on the Colliseum level of TR1. Just finished Chronicles with 1 secret short. :(

LARAMANIAC
13th Sep 2002, 22:39
oeoeoeoeoeoeoe its neck and neck with TR3 and TRLR!!!!!!!

Solaris
16th Sep 2002, 20:21
WHAT!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/traurig/traurig023.gif

NO! I want TR2 to win!!!!http://www.click-smilie.de/sammlung/traurig/traurig042.gif

Godfather
20th Sep 2002, 13:45
By the time TR:AOD comes out, every other Tomb Raider-game so far will have to move over ... so: what does it matter which game is at first spot?

Also: I've always thought of the Tomb Raider-saga to be a bit like the Alien-series.

You see:

the first one's dark, mysterious, unknown, new...
the second one's more straightforward, more action, ...
the third one's more of the same, but in a different way (Alien³: no weapons to fight the monster --- TR³: levels in any order possible)
the fourth one's the one who's ending everything ... or isn't it? (we've already been given the answer in the TR-series, but we're still waiting for the fifth Alien-movie)

Solaris
22nd Sep 2002, 23:38
Originally posted by Godfather
By the time TR:AOD comes out, every other Tomb Raider-game so far will have to move over ... so: what does it matter which game is at first spot?

Also: I've always thought of the Tomb Raider-saga to be a bit like the Alien-series.

You see:

the first one's dark, mysterious, unknown, new...
the second one's more straightforward, more action, ...
the third one's more of the same, but in a different way (Alien³: no weapons to fight the monster --- TR³: levels in any order possible)
the fourth one's the one who's ending everything ... or isn't it? (we've already been given the answer in the TR-series, but we're still waiting for the fifth Alien-movie)

what happened to chronicles which gave you an asnwer to how and why she is a fugitvie..[or does it, not sure cause i havent finished it]

Informator
25th Sep 2002, 13:42
I started out on Tomb Raider 2 after reading a poor review for TR3 which urged me to get TR2 instead. I did, loved it, and got the rest anyway :) But TR2 made such an impact on me that it was by far my favourite - it was what got me hooked in the first place, so thus was always important. I thought that the story line was excellent, the graphics great, FMV sequences superb, and the music was truly a work of genius. Above all, the levels were brilliant. My personal favourite was Venice, but all were hugely atmospheric. The Floating Islands level was particularly scary - I remmber being so unnerved by the dragon that I used to play Midi files in the background to lighten the atmosphere!! Sad but true. Though I do recommend trying to grab that damn dagger whilst 'Singing in the Rain' is merrily playing... :D

Solaris
28th Sep 2002, 01:16
Originally posted by Informator
Though I do recommend trying to grab that damn dagger whilst 'Singing in the Rain' is merrily playing... :D

Thanks for the tip;)

Can i whilst 'Singing in the Rain' while killing larson:D :)

UNREAL|dave
28th Sep 2002, 17:57
TR3 all the way, yet Chronicles was also pretty good:)

the_internet_king
12th Oct 2002, 12:04
i like all the trs but i did like tr2 that little bit more

ViPeRGiRL
19th Oct 2002, 19:25
I thing that TR 2 is what I choose:),

And witch one is winning???:D

Angelcat_and_lara_croft
21st Oct 2002, 20:15
I love tr3 beacause It HAS COOL guns like the rocket launcher

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII BANG
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIIIII I
IIIIIIIIII II I
IIIIIIIIII II I
IIIIIIIIII II I
IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIIII
I hope you like my gun

total_inferno
21st Oct 2002, 22:49
TR 2 all the way dude I mean wernt you just captured by that venus level with the boat and the music thing happening ... you just come to think... have I masterd this game ... or has it masterd me...
fire is awating..... inferno that is

blondie
28th Oct 2002, 12:05
Tomb Raider 1, in all its loveliness.

:)

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Oct 2002, 05:57
Hi blondie, :) I liked TRI Gold best, of course. ;)

Solaris
1st Nov 2002, 01:11
Originally posted by ViPeRGiRL
I thing that TR 2 is what I choose:),

And witch one is winning???:D

TR3 is winnning (darn :D)
Tr2 and TR1 are tied (:D)

Henry
4th Nov 2002, 22:15
I vote for chronicles I really liked it,Ive played it again and again.But I liked tr and tr2 too,specially that Venice level.Actually I liked them all!

Hålo
20th Nov 2002, 03:01
tr1: dos sux.
tr2: a little crude, but it was good at the time it was made
tr3: great...esp. Area 51, Costal Village and Alwych
tr4: bugs, repeating levels, and sorta boring except for Tomb Of Seth.
tr5: no complaints...great game.

definately tr5

Rinoa Heartilly
24th Nov 2002, 09:48
Well i loved TR5 and TRLR!! I never played TR3 so i can't say nothing :P

Cherry Blossom
24th Nov 2002, 18:28
Hi, I'm new to the Forum, and I have to say that "Tomb Raider 2" is my absolute favorite!!! I wish that they would redo it for PS2 with "Next Generation" graphics. I'm waiting for the next movie, and hoping that "AoD" will be excellent!!!

Later,

Cherry Blossom :)

Lt. Croft
10th Dec 2002, 17:59
I just love TR3!!!!!

It's most likely due to the fact that while you are in the house you can run around and shoot the butler and listen to the movie soundtrack(#11-absurd).

It is just like you are making your own little movie using all of her moves. The only down side is that the butler is not as quick moving as the droid off the movie, but it is still pretty fun.

I think I'll go and do that now. Ready or not old man, here I come packing it so tight you can't even acknowledge your minds' demands telling you to breathe.

Lt. Croft

The Crimson One
15th Dec 2002, 02:21
My favorite Tomb Raider is still the first, Tomb Raider. By far my favorite TR experience.

Aquarius
15th Dec 2002, 02:59
This is a really close race now! :eek:

TR3 :D is winning by just one point!! But only one point! :eek:

:p

rimfire
21st Dec 2002, 01:27
What is your favorite Tomb Raider game? Once and for all.
Yeah, sure.

Hi, Catsuit. It's been awhile since I've seen you on the forum. Mostly because I haven't been checking in very often.

Well, I'm split between TR3 and Last Revelation. It looks like others are, too.

Especially since both have 59%. Could some people be voting twice??? :D

Oops. Looking at the wrong column. That's votes.

Hey, my signature is working again.

CatSuitandPonytail
23rd Dec 2002, 13:18
Hi Rimfire. I am glad you dropped in. :) I know, that "Once And For All" is slightly misleading, hehehe ;)

Rose662
10th Jan 2003, 02:57
Tomb Raider 1!

It is a classic! :)

I have yet to finish TR3, but I did like the other TR games. The first TR will always be special in my heart.

:)

The Godfather
19th Jan 2003, 20:12
I chose Tomb Raider 3, Although the first one is likely to be even a tad better, I still choose the third one since I think it's amazing that a game after already two of its kind, can still impress so much. The first one was meant to impress and therefore maybe somewhat easier to do so since the only impressive games so far were Lemmings, Prince of Persia, Wolfenstein and Doom. They biggest ones still had to made like Tomb Raider and Max Payne. :)

The Godfather
19th Jan 2003, 20:13
Originally posted by Drexel
...."1 and 3 are neck and neck, but here comes 4 around the outside corner......now 2 makes a move up the middle.......... AND IT'S..........IT'S.."

It's ... It's a wrong start, because 6 didn't start yet ... they'll have to do it all over again. ;)

Splodge
19th Jan 2003, 22:44
Yee-haa

Brilliant - TR3 is leading the way as the most popular game!

That's certainly my favourite Tomb Raider by far. I can remember being in an old Eidos Forum just before TR4 came out (TR LR). Everyone in that Forum seemed to hate TR3 and called it worse than.... Saddam Hussein.

The consensus then was that TR1 was the absolute last word in Tomb Raider. Jeez TR2 was better'n TR1!

I'm a bit biased - I never liked TR1 much, because on my PC, the graphics were absolutely lousy. TR1 looks like those 'Colour Blindness' test cards.
http://www.members.aol.com/protanope/card5.gif
Can you see Lara in the picture above? - Nope? Neither could I - which is why I didn't like TR1!

I think TR1 on my PC runs in SVGA mode. Is there anyway to get it to run using my 3D graphics card instead? - or were graphics cards not invented when TR1 was released?

Suegamer
20th Jan 2003, 15:43
The first game I ever played was TR3 and so that is my fav. I enjoyed all the games but nothing like TR3. :)

YugoBoy
21st Jan 2003, 02:15
Hey, guys... i'm new on the forum
I'd like to say that i finished TR II, TR V Chronicles and TR IV, right now i'm playing TR I and TR III. Here's my humble opinion :)

1. Tomb Raider 1 (DEFINITELY)
2. Tomb Raider 4 TLR
3. Tomb Raider 3
4. Tomb Raider Chronicles
5. Tomb Raider 2

Now, TR II is the part i didn't like very much. It was full of baddies... and i hate, i just HATE water levels :)

TRC is a great game, it really is. But Black isle or whatever the name is (the adventure where lara is young) is a bit too scary for my taste. I like the first adventure, the search for the Philosopher's stone... it's really great.

TR III.. Actually, i just started playing this one and it seems really cool. Lara looks amazing, and the first few levels are great. I just love this installment :)

TR IV: TLR is really my second fave ! It has a WONDERFUL story, it's really a great game. Those puzzles just killed me (i remember the one where tou had to jump on those floor blocks that were above fire, to forme a shape of inverted S. Gosh, that puzzle took me a month to solve !!). Probably the best thing is TR IV has that great THRILL we had in the first game... That Surprise! factor, u know, when mummies jump from off the floor and... it's a great touch. Great music :)

And, finally, TR I! Honestly, this IS the best part of the series because it's the first one, the most inovative one, the most original one.... The graphics were unbelievable for 1996. And the music.... Oh, that music..... that just kills me ! I could listen to the TR I theme for hours... it's so relaxing, so sad and yet so mystique... Hmmm :) TR I had a great story, really. Probably the best in the series. Someone mentioned tr I was the only sequel he/she would definitely play again: that's exactly what i say! Just knowing that you're playing something that started the whole thing... It's an incredible feeling. The Surprise! factor is also present, and i really like that!
Really, it's the best game ever made (at least that's my humble opinion. Classic :)

But, again... every TR game is great, isn't it ? You can admit it or not, but Lara is still one of the most important aspects of the game. She's just.... she's just Lara ! :)

Greetings from Yugoslavia

P.S. sorry for such a long post :) couldn't help it :P bye

LARAMANIAC
24th Jan 2003, 22:12
WOW - haven't checked this thread in a while - TR3 is creaming them - kewl - my fave too!!!!
http://pages.prodigy.net/rogerlori1/emoticons/angel09.gif

susan
29th Jan 2003, 11:39
Originally posted by YugoBoy

And the music.... Oh, that music..... that just kills me ! I could listen to the TR I theme for hours... it's so relaxing, so sad and yet so mystique... Hmmm :)

I'm in agreement with you on this YugoBoy! In my opinion the quality of the music in TR1 has never been matched in any of the following games. As well as being hauntingly beautiful in places, it was used appropriately at all times and so enhanced the atmosphere of the game. Some of the later games had music which just grated on me - I'm thinking when Lara drove the land rover in TR4 especially. I would get her out of the car and walk just to shut it up. And I know it's not strictly music but what about that never-ending alarm on the oil rig in TR2? How irritating was that!

rimfire
29th Jan 2003, 14:32
Yes, I agree. I made MP3 files of the themes from the first three games and play them on the computer when I'm not playing the game. I even added one to "The Sims" directory so I can listen to it when I'm playing that game.

I didn't care that much for the music from TR4 and TR5.

Mr. Croft
2nd Feb 2003, 18:20
TR1 rules!!!!!!!!!!!!

Buglunch
17th Feb 2003, 21:38
Had to go with TRG because it's the long version of the ground-breaking original but TR III is awfully good with crouching, sprinting, tactical puzzles (something new for me when it came out), vehicles, alternate routes, poisoning.........

Chris-Craig Michaels
22nd Feb 2003, 02:23
Is it just me, or is TRIII, the "worst" of the bunch, getting the most votes?
BTW, I voted for TRIII. My favorite!

kfsk
22nd Feb 2003, 02:33
Originally posted by Splodge
Yee-haa

Brilliant - TR3 is leading the way as the most popular game!

That's certainly my favourite Tomb Raider by far. I can remember being in an old Eidos Forum just before TR4 came out (TR LR). Everyone in that Forum seemed to hate TR3 and called it worse than.... Saddam Hussein.

The consensus then was that TR1 was the absolute last word in Tomb Raider. Jeez TR2 was better'n TR1!

I'm a bit biased - I never liked TR1 much, because on my PC, the graphics were absolutely lousy. TR1 looks like those 'Colour Blindness' test cards.
http://www.members.aol.com/protanope/card5.gif
Can you see Lara in the picture above? - Nope? Neither could I - which is why I didn't like TR1!

I think TR1 on my PC runs in SVGA mode. Is there anyway to get it to run using my 3D graphics card instead? - or were graphics cards not invented when TR1 was released?
You should buy the gold versions. Since I'm here noone writes to me. Am I annnnnnnnnnnnoooooooooooooiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnng? Guess so? I aaaaaaaaaammmmmmm aaaannnnooooooiiiinnnngggg? I know.

Elton Joel
23rd Feb 2003, 15:13
My vote has to go to Last Revelation, as it took everything I loved about the original and made it even better. Here's my run down of all the games:

TR1- Great game, and loved almost every minute of it. Sure it looks primitive now, but for its time, it was incredible.

TR2- By far the worst entry in the series. I almost didn't buy TR3 after playing this one. The designers focused way too much on senseless shooting, and way too little on exploration. Besides, the locations just did grab me as much as they did in the first game. A disappointment.

TR3- MUCH better than TR2, and quite a relief since my expectations had dropped so far! I loved the return to exploration and interesting environments. But the instant death traps knocked this one down a few notches.

TR4- Fantastic. Best story, best graphics, best puzzles. Well balanced gameplay all around. My favorite.

TR5- Okay, but short, and a disappointment after the excellence of Last Revelation. The variety of environments was nice, but the lack of a strong plot weakened things a bit.

tsoukkis
15th Mar 2003, 16:39
i would like to know in what order were alla the episodes of Lara croft were releashed.

Deekman
26th Mar 2003, 03:23
The basics:
TRI
TRII
TRIII
The Last Revelation
Chronicles
AOD coming...

rimfire
26th Mar 2003, 05:08
Then there were the "gold" releases

TR1 gold, released shortly after TR2
TR2 gold, released shortly after TR3
TR3 gold, released shortly after TR4

Actually, these gold versions were released about the same time as the next release. I became aware of them shortly after, so I assume that's when they were released.

tsoukkis
27th Mar 2003, 14:28
and what's the lost artifact I read about?

I'm looking forward to playing AoD badly!!!

xac
27th Mar 2003, 15:31
Curse you CatSuitandPonytail!:rolleyes:

Here I thought, 'I've got a great idea for a thread! this is perfect!"

I wrote up the witty first post in MS-Word, worked out an engaging joke to encourage people to stay, to vote on MY poll, make a lot of posts, and generally make some noise.

Then, I went to the TR Legacy forum, and what did I see at the top, but...

Sigh...

Oh well, (visibly perks up) I voted TR: LR, for sure, although I also liked TR III.

I had to play Last Revelation on Playstation.

I've played TR C on Playstation, but only finished the first set of levels and moved on to the, Russian Submarine Levels. I got to the cook with the butcher knife and then got stuck and remained that way until the game was due back (although there was this little incident involving cheat codes that allowed me to get to the sinking submarine levels). I now own TR C in PC format, but my AMD 166 machine won't run it.

It also barely ran the budget release of TR III: India levels, but it did run (albeit in a really terrible resolution).

On of these days I'll get a better computer built, then
I'll have some fun! :D

Your poll is better than the one I had planned anyway (Although I think I would have ordered the box promo shots and the poll entries in chronological order).

Tomb Raider Fan
30th Mar 2003, 12:34
It has to be Tomb Raider 3!!!!!! Tomb Raider Chronicles i agree has the least votes (not including the gold versions) because i thought it was terrible! :) Tomb Raider 3!!!!!!!!!!

CatSuit&Ponytail
31st Mar 2003, 12:46
Originally posted by xac
Curse you CatSuitandPonytail!
You big sweety you! ;)

Here I thought, 'I've got a great idea for a thread! this is perfect!"
You did! It is! ;)

Your poll is better than the one I had planned anyway.
Thank you. :) You are too kind. It has the honour of being the very first thread I posted, as well as the very first non-mod/admin thread and/or poll in these new forums. I thought I had better make it a good one, as RedLegg and Grey Mouser were/are watching. ;) hehehe

Kimmy-Lou
16th Apr 2003, 19:10
:eek:
I pretty much like number two and four, but I thought that number three was a bit disappointing ya know

Tomb Raider Fan
22nd May 2003, 15:19
Disappointing? nah i dunt think so. TR 3 was the best of the Tomb Raiders. Why do u think it is dissapointing?

Flowerzzzzz
5th Jun 2003, 19:16
I haven't played all Tomb Raider games yet, but I enjoyed playing TR3 and 'The last revelation'very much. Pity I never mannaged to finish them (I 've borrowed them from the library).
The only TR game I have is the first one. But I think it sucks. It has pixels as big as my thumb, I can barely see the difference between the landscape and Lara. Now I can't even play it anymore. I don't understand. OR there is no sound, OR the main menu keeps spinning, so I can't select the game menu.:mad:

The only thing I 'm hoping for is that AOR will run on my computer, (but I doubt it...:mad: ) and that it will be at least as good as the other games!

rimfire
6th Jun 2003, 06:17
Remember, TR1 is a very old game. For it's time, the graphics were pretty good. My biggest complaint was that Lara was so pointy-breasted.

Your problem with running it is probably a compatability issue with Windows. It was written for DOS--it's that old--and each new offering from Microsoft is less and less backward-compatable. To run DOS games these days, you almost have to add a DOS-only drive and install a multi-boot system.

PLAYA INC'S BIG THUG
9th Jun 2003, 18:16
TR3 because, there were alot more guns and alot harder enemies!!!!!

xac
9th Jun 2003, 23:58
Originally posted by rimfire
Remember, TR1 is a very old game. For it's time, the graphics were pretty good. My biggest complaint was that Lara was so pointy-breasted.

Yah, lara pointy-boobs was nasty, but I have a bigger complaint.

Has anyone else playing TR5 noticed all the problems and bugs in the levels, especially the Ireland-Young Lara levels (fr'instance, the poor texturing done on Father Patrick's hands during the in-level cut scenes)?

The savegame bugs during the RED ALERT! VCI levels were also pretty annoying.

Flowerzzzzz
10th Jun 2003, 19:07
Your problem with running it is probably a compatability issue with Windows. It was written for DOS--it's that old--and each new offering from Microsoft is less and less backward-compatable. To run DOS games these days, you almost have to add a DOS-only drive and install a multi-boot system.
You 're right, but then again, hexen is also a DOS game, and it works perfectly normal.
But on the other hand, it's not the end of the world. But can someone tell me what's the difference between the original and the gold version?

CatSuit&Ponytail
30th Jun 2003, 15:11
The Gold versions are shipped with an added disc of additional levels. "Unfinished Business" and "The Gold Mask".

Velocity
7th Jul 2003, 13:37
For me, it will always be TRII. They are all great games and I have enjoyed everyone of them, but you can't beat the ambience of Venice and zipping around in a speed boat, or the snow mobile on a later level.

P.S. Where can I get hold of TR Gold and TRII Gold?

IndyDallasJones
8th Jul 2003, 23:34
TR3's the best, but also equally loved TR2 GOLD, but could only put one choice, also the Gold's are expansions.

I'll let You Guess...er
29th Jul 2003, 19:33
TR1 was origonal and good for it's time, TR2 was really cool, much better than TR1, TR3 was the best by far, the story, locations, films, enimies and outfits, TR4 was refreshing - if u know what i mean - back to Egypt and all that, that game was really long but enjoyable, TR5 was, i thought, brilliant, the levels, graphics and the different story lines, i really liked the Russian Cat suit outfit, i've been trying to find out where i could get it for my level editor... anyone!? TR6, at the moment, i think, is really cool the graphics are really cool but whats up with the cut-scenes/films i think the graphics were better in TR4 and TR5. Also i don't like the way she runs and stuff. When u pressed foward in past adventures she actually ran forward but on AOD u have to keep hold of the foward button for her to begin to run. Aslo it keeps Damn CRASHING!

Anyway what's MY favorite Tomb Raider... wouldn't u like to know... GUESS! }}}}}}TR3{{{{{{

nayr
1st Aug 2003, 20:39
TR1 was a great debut game. TR2 took all that was good in part 1 and improved it! TR3 took all that was good in part 1, and 2 and perfected it!! TR4 took all that was good in part 1, 2, and 3 and threw it out the window!!! TR5 tried to go back to all that was good in part 1, 2, and 3 - but was too short to be considered an improvement!!!!

Confused yet? A simple graph will do:

TR1 ***
TR2 ****
TR3 *****
TR4 *
TR5 ***

Something like that . . .

KandiDuran
6th Aug 2003, 05:59
TR4 for sure!:D

Jay
6th Aug 2003, 08:27
Well, definately Tomb Raider III without a doubt. And I'm pleased to see it's just beating the Last Revelation!

Tomb Raider III gets my vote, mainly due to the refreshing variety of locations on offer. I mean, with levels in India, Nevada, South Pacific, London and Antarctica, it's a firm favourite of mine. What I mean is, you never get bored of being in the same place. Nevada was excellent, especially with the discovery of the secret Area 51! It was cool how you could choose where you travelled to next. It's these little innovative thoughts that make a game great.

Locations are the main reason, of course there are others - with vehicles being a prime example. I loved the kayaking on a tropical background, it was a good challenge. I also loved the turbo boost you could get by revving the quad bike. Not forgetting, of course, the cool biking circuit in Lara's mansion!

The other reason was the plot. TR3 has the best plot and the environments you play in are very immersive indeed.

So, even though Angel Of Darkness is a great game on it's own, it doesn't compare favourably to the other titles in my Tomb Raider Top Six™:

1. TR3: Adv of LC
2. TR1
3. TR2
4. TR4: TLR
5. TR: AOD
6. TR5: C

PS: TR Chronicles has indeed won Last Place for being so dull, boring, irrelevant and downright depressing.

So to conclude, unless Eidos incorporate some of these superb elements into the second installment of the next-gen trilogy, number 3 will be staying firmly at the top of my Tomb Raider charts. It's just so cool.

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
13th Aug 2003, 01:19
TOMB RAIDER LAST REVELATION definitely was my favorite.

First off, it had a wide variation of levels and it was long and challenging (very much unlike Chronicles)

Second, the bosses were very fun.

Third, it was the very first Tomb Raider game I played and it got me hooked on the Tomb Raider Series.

cheshire
13th Aug 2003, 09:45
I'm only on TR3..yes I'm slow..but so far I like the first one the most...

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
13th Aug 2003, 16:51
I have not yet enjoyed the pleasures of the third Tomb Raider game.

I was going to try playing it on the PC.

I have played all of the other games on Playstation.

I can barely figure out the keys and it is hard to get adjusted to them.

I am just now on the second level and i have had it for over a month.

cheshire
13th Aug 2003, 20:05
the third one?

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
15th Aug 2003, 19:24
Yes cheshire,

Tomb Raider 3.

WesternWhiteWolf
16th Aug 2003, 01:11
I chose TR3. I had the best days of my life when I was playing that game. *sigh* :( Wish I had 'em back...

Aquarius
18th Aug 2003, 17:58
With AoD now having been out for more than a month now, I wonder if CS&P is going to make a new poll including AoD..... ;) :p

MR_BASKETBALL_MAN
24th Aug 2003, 02:53
I will make one that includes AOD.

.chio.
31st Aug 2003, 18:10
I don't need to think it over, tr III it's far away my favourite!!! specially the psx one, oh the atmosphere... dark, misterious and difficult, at least for me, London it's just amazing! thank you eidos and core :D

.chio.
31st Aug 2003, 18:20
Originally posted by Rinoa Heartilly
Well i loved TR5 and TRLR!! I never played TR3 so i can't say nothing :P

what? you haven't played tr III yet? then darling you haven't played tr at all! :p

sbp
31st Aug 2003, 21:49
Originally posted by Abyss Darkness
In order.

CatSuit&Ponytail
9th Sep 2003, 10:33
Well, that was fun, see you all in the new season of What is your favorite Tomb Raider game?