PDA

View Full Version : your thoughts on the new forum / official sig test thread

Driber
6th Jun 2002, 19:53
here it is folks....brand new forums, brand new look, tons of features and user options!

use this thread to post all your comments, praising, questions, or whatever feedback you have about the new forums

you may also use this thread for testing the new posting features or sig testing. please delete your own testing posts after you're done :)

MountainDewNut
28th Jun 2002, 18:47
I like these new forums! New features, better design, and new a name!

LeeO
28th Jun 2002, 20:25
Melikes melikes! But where the hell is everyone?

The Sage Of Time
28th Jun 2002, 20:46
It would appear everyone is too lazy to move their accounts over here.
People are still posting and replying in the old forum, Oh well..
Soon enough they'll have no choice if they want to keep posting.

Ale
29th Jun 2002, 07:01
The new forum is technically very smart, and offers many improvements.
However, versus the old forum, there is a drawback which could probably be easely suppressed :
A visited link stays the same color as a non-visited link which is not very convenient :)
(The color changes to red only with "on mouse over")

El Diablo
29th Jun 2002, 07:21
Well, I like it, but I want the new post icons back. It's hard to see a difference between them now when they all have the same color.

Fairchild
29th Jun 2002, 13:39
hello- i like the looks of the new forum ok;
there is something missing however...

the original forum registration dates of the
members is not accounted for.

for instance: this Piega level builder, he's
only been registered 2 days now?
hmmm...

LarzBritsh
29th Jun 2002, 15:08
Yes, this forum has enhanced and more features than the old one. But the old one was simple and staightforward, all the threads were lined up neatly and you can edit your post easily.

But this new forum has too many buttons and bells and whistles. It's too big of a distraction and it makes it difficult to edit a post or even read thread listings. So many boxes and tables and smilies. But the font is nice in this new forum though. It's easy on the eyes.

LaraAngelOfDarkness
29th Jun 2002, 15:28
In a few years well have to move again, wonder where that will be.:confused:

JohnnyZ
29th Jun 2002, 18:20
i love it! it's really great!!! but......... c'ant the smilies and other post icons be different colours? then it would be perfect!! well in my opinion anyways :D :) hehe

El Diablo
29th Jun 2002, 18:48
Originally posted by LarzBritsh
But this new forum has too many buttons and bells and whistles. It's too big of a distraction and it makes it difficult to edit a post or even read thread listings. So many boxes and tables and smilies.

I agree. The admins should make it so you can see all the forums in the main listing. And they should make a highlight color for the "important" topics.

Chronicles5
29th Jun 2002, 23:20
I like the new forums, I'm just waiting for everyone to show up! ;) this is a lot easier, though I did get used to typing in my own code, I will miss doing it myself :D so many new options so little time! ;)

Fairchild
29th Jun 2002, 23:34
Driber,
ok, nobody replied to my post about
original registration enrollment
*date*in this forum...so what's new?

anyways,
how do you get to set your original
account date? i notice you & Data still
retain your enrollment date, not the
"June 2002" stuff like everyone else
has to suffer..

what gives here?
Fairchild

DJ Tech
30th Jun 2002, 05:35
I noticed that avatars (no not the AV "dolls") option is turned off. May I ask why?

Level Planet
30th Jun 2002, 06:38
This Fourm is the Boom, it is better than the old one, I love the new look, and to think look howmany post and threads came up so easy, I also like the way that there is more to post and it is much easier than the old one.

eTux
30th Jun 2002, 14:26
The new forums are great :)
What more can I say?

Driber
30th Jun 2002, 15:25
Originally posted by Fairchild
Driber,
ok, nobody replied to my post about
original registration enrollment
*date*in this forum...so what's new?

anyways,
how do you get to set your original
account date? i notice you & Data still
retain your enrollment date, not the
"June 2002" stuff like everyone else
has to suffer..

what gives here?
Fairchild

registration date adjustment is only available for admins and moderators, sorry

Originally posted by DJ Tech
I noticed that avatars (no not the AV "dolls") option is turned off. May I ask why?

that was a decision made by higher powers because of bandwidth overload.
nothing we can do about it

TRWad
30th Jun 2002, 20:16
The forum is good, but the smiles are not. I liked the coloured smiles from the old forum more. These are all yellow. :(

Chronicles5
1st Jul 2002, 00:14
Originally posted by TRWad
The forum is good, but the smiles are not. I liked the coloured smiles from the old forum more. These are all yellow. :(

yes I agree, the new smilies are boring and do not animate, but TRWad, you can find alot of great smilies here, and they have the old ones I think, but you'll have to use IMG tags etc. ;)

http://www.mysmilies.com

Originally posted by DriberBallZ
a decision made by higher powers

:D lol

Lord Croft
1st Jul 2002, 09:16
I like it but it'll take me some time to get used to it.

Driber
10th Jul 2002, 09:33
so......we've had time to get used to all the functions and the layout......how do we like it now?

maxx
10th Jul 2002, 11:39
I like it, though two points still remain:
Ale: A visited link stays the same color as a non-visited link
LarzBritsh: too many buttons and bells and whistles

well not exactly too many buttons, but too many images as buttons. this new forum takes longer to load (at least for me).

and to be honest: I like the new icons & smilies ;)

noangel
10th Jul 2002, 16:49
Well, I like this one a lot, it is easier to post here, and it has more options, it is also very neat and has nice soft colours.
http://www.uniquehardware.co.uk/server-smilies/kao/otn/pcheerleader.gif

noangel
10th Jul 2002, 17:02
Oh! I forgot, I have a complaint, please don't get mad with me, but, this forum is to heavy for magi (my pc) to load it so It takes lots of minutes I haven't measured it myself yet, but it takes some time, I don't know there, but here the internet services are really expensive and with an awful quality
http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/kao/otn/pcrying.gif

GeckoKid
13th Jul 2002, 22:00
i am using LAN connection, and comparitively this place loads MUCH SLOWER than the previous forums.

btw the this page (http://forums.eidosgames.com/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=37) screwed up becoz my default encoding is BIG5. i have to change it back to western everytime. shall a <meta> tag be added in that page?

it's 6am and i still haven't slept.... very hungry.

Driber
14th Jul 2002, 15:10
Re: forum loading time: the administrators and webmaster are working on it and making progress

Re: visited links: I have made the request to the administrator....please stand by

GeckoKid, can you be more specific on what tag the forum index page is missing exactly?

LeeO
14th Jul 2002, 15:23
testing

Raider of tombs
14th Jul 2002, 17:09
Love it, it is brill

i love it! it's really great!!! but......... c'ant the smilies and other post icons be different colours? then it would be perfect!! well in my opinion anyways hehe

I must agree with JonnyZ:D

LOL as it a nice day here in England:D :cool: :) ;)

Piega
15th Jul 2002, 17:26
I hope that they can speed up the loading time of this forum. I used to check almost every post to read and if I could help someone. Now with this slow forum I pick only 1 or 2 and leave...:(

On the other hand the forum is better then the old one comparing it with other forums. I find also the colors not to happy. Grey is rather depressing...

GeckoKid
15th Jul 2002, 17:50
where it should be look like:
Important: Poll: your thoughts on the new forum / official sig test thread ( 1 2 ) (this one turns into a chinese charater after the 'important:')

becomes
Important:?a href="showthread.php?s=&threadid=145">If you have changed your original user name.. ( 1 2 3 )

becoz the inverse of > turns into a ? after the : (so symbolic)

Driber
15th Jul 2002, 19:03
hmm, that sounds indeed like an HTML problem

Geckokid, I suggest you make a screenshot of the page and send it to the webmaster at webmaster@eidos.com while explaining your problem like you just did here

GeckoKid
16th Jul 2002, 03:13
it <i>is</i> indeed an html problem. :P
i am leaving home, so later. :P

Driber
16th Jul 2002, 08:29
Re: visited links color: they now have a brighter color as the non-visited links
in addition, there are also different icons before the thread titles that show you if you visited the thread already or not (it even shows you if you posted in a certain thread by a bullethole)

BeachyBallZ
17th Jul 2002, 05:19
hee hee hee still trying to find my way down all the corridors and hallways. Darn dislexia anyway. I 'll get it eventually . Things look pretty nice . How much did you say you paid that decorater???? LOL ;)

GeckoKid
17th Jul 2002, 07:21
here it is
http://geckokid.com/temp/trforumproblem.gif

btw this forum is as slow as hell.

LeeO
20th Jul 2002, 14:07
Testing!

The Archives
20th Jul 2002, 15:13
Hi, folks,

it's quite good as it seems to me. Very advanced (you have to use the reply once to see what I mean).

All in all it's ok!

By folks!

MountainDewNut
26th Jul 2002, 20:56
I don't see the point on the sigs thread, basically because it automatically updates the sig in everythread it was posted in. It's still a fun traditions though!

BTW how do ya' all like my new sig?

Jadetale
26th Jul 2002, 22:03
Well... It's neon green... Yeah.
Just kidding, I think it's nice!! It's all Mountain Dewy and stuff...:p

Kiopo
11th Aug 2002, 00:23
Bah took me ages to get up to 1000 posts i gotta start again?!

El Diablo
11th Aug 2002, 09:32
Originally posted by Kiopo
Bah took me ages to get up to 1000 posts i gotta start again?!
Well, after 500 posts you will be promoted to a Senior Member. ;)

Oh and welcome back btw! :) :D

Chronicles5
12th Aug 2002, 06:34
http://www.kiopo.com/Signature.gif
LMAO!! :D Still love that sig, Kiopo! :D

Geckokid, good luck with your HTML problem, it looks complicated, I'd help if I knew anything about HTML, but unfortunately, I don't :D.

Driber, what do you think about the new forum? :) I'd like to hear your thoughts. ;)

LarzBritsh
19th Aug 2002, 18:38
testing

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/larazade/anim1.txt

Arlene
21st Aug 2002, 19:02
I guess it's safe to say that the April Fools Day joke wasn't.(a joke)

Chronicles5
26th Aug 2002, 15:48
test test testtest test testtest test testtest test testtest test test

i think thats enough... how do you all like my new sig? made it myself :D

Driber
27th Aug 2002, 15:11
Originally posted by Chronicles5
Driber, what do you think about the new forum? :) I'd like to hear your thoughts. ;)

well, except for the still slow loading times, it looks absolutely brilliant
the options here make navigating and searching so much easier as on the old forums and all the pros that are too much to mention makes vB the best forum software I've seen so far

btw, nice sig, it's like a window into the past :)

MountainDewNut
28th Aug 2002, 16:08
Wow chronicles! that banner is really amazing
*eyes look up to banner just above*
oh, you mean....that....one. j/k
It looks really nice with the different sceens

Chronicles5
30th Aug 2002, 01:21
thanx! :) i think i'll make one of those, and a title load screen for each level i make, so when im working on the sunset ruins level, i'll have a sig for that. the one above is a jungle theme, i'm glad you like it. sigs are kind of staticon's job, but i'll gladly make one for someone, im good with editing pictures :D

Chronicles5
30th Aug 2002, 01:43
like the new one? (if anyone's confused, i cleaned up above)

Mgardiner
31st Aug 2002, 19:12
Testing my wonderful new sig.

MountainDewNut
31st Aug 2002, 19:51
WOW! :eek: both of your sigs are beautiful! great job.

Chronicles5
1st Sep 2002, 23:03
Thanks! I made them both. Take a look at this (http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=4867) to see all the sigs I've made :)
Here's a little demo of mine:
http://www.angelfire.com/ma4/chronicles3/allsigs.txt

traider28
2nd Sep 2002, 01:43
test

LeeO
3rd Sep 2002, 19:50
test

KingSpyder
30th Sep 2002, 09:56
Test.

TRWad
19th Oct 2002, 17:34
* BUMP *

Dan the Jazzman
24th Dec 2002, 22:27
Don't mind me resurfacing this old thread, just testing my new sig... isn't that what it's for anyway? :p

David 070
26th Dec 2002, 02:21
http://www.geocities.com/championartist/lara.gif

bedazzled
26th Mar 2003, 18:04
Looking Good

TRWad
31st Mar 2004, 09:19
Testing new sign :p