PDA

View Full Version : Hey Hey Hey!!!

Creamy_Goodness
6th Jun 2002, 00:27
Welcome to our new and splendiforous forums :) , Although I think a certain someone could have hurried a bit up when doing them :p

for all of ya new comers we have

The Startopia 1.01 patch here (http://www.muckyfoot.com/startopia/patch101full.html)

If that does not work use this one here (http://www.muckyfoot.com/startopia/downloads/StarTopiaPatch1.0.1b.exe)

Also for all information visit Planet Startopia (http://www.planetstartopia.com)

If you are having any problems not fixed by the patch (our us handy dandy forum goers) sink your teeth into the:

Tech Faq (http://www.muckyfoot.com/startopia/faqtech1.html)

Gameplay Faq (http://www.muckyfoot.com/startopia/faqgameplay.html)

Pinky the Cow
29th Jun 2002, 09:01
Hey there :). There is a typo in your "wherefrom" record.

And welcome to me... and you... a-and you ...

Edit: a-a-ah, i'm newbie :) cool! :D
Edit once more: why is my postcount at 0 instead of 1? Isn't this a post?

JSWY
29th Jun 2002, 16:05
I'm here, glad I saw that notice...

Memau_on_Steroids
29th Jun 2002, 17:17
Oh no! If were all newbies, we may all turn into Greyzy!:eek:.

Naah. :D

Oh, well. There goes my post count. At least the forum seems nice.

Ghyron
29th Jun 2002, 19:53
I just realized that I could surpass my old nemesis in post count... mwuhahahahahaha!

JSWY
29th Jun 2002, 20:50
Originally posted by Ghyron
I just realized that I could surpass my old nemesis in post count... mwuhahahahahaha!

I can at last surpass people I never though Surpassable, I commit my self to the Light Side forum poster.

*Randomly flames Admin HQ for not keeing our post count*

fleetX112
30th Jun 2002, 10:31
now i am the same as everyone else, no one can tell that im a newbie, hahahahaha, oops- well im off to spam and get a higher post count..

<wanders off and gets shot by greyzy for stealing his job>http://home.planet.nl/~xcom/art/sigwarning.gif

Creamy_Goodness
30th Jun 2002, 21:34
Remember you can trade in 5000 posts for your old post count!

Ct0fDiscord
30th Jun 2002, 23:49
Wait... what?

JSWY
2nd Jul 2002, 07:33
Today we gather to mourn the loss of all our great members' Postcounts. May they rest in peace :(

Xerxes790
3rd Jul 2002, 12:50
I made the hyperjump to the new forum. Lost some turdite along the way...

TGA 32 bit has a alpha mask and has to be save using the alpha channel. Not so obvious in Paint Shop Pro.

The TGA file has two layers and the one that gets dropped is the alpha grey scale mask. The PSP manual is bit daunting, maybe I should get going on my mission and worry about texture to buildings later.

The mission is based using the android skin for the Male siren and HoloPit MOD into a new race (moods_in.txt and builder_in.txt). In effect, they have a peculiar behaviour that nessitates them to be in game and can even be hired, but these Androids have a bit of a bad side to them. They always hang around the bars and roam the area talking to peeps and really driving them crazy.

There is a trick to win the mission, but you will have to employ the Androids 'special talent' for boring speech.

It should be challenging because these Androids are like Lore form Star Trick and have a few screws lose, but you will not win the winning conditions without them. I could call the mission "Roids from Hades" (and you thought Gem Slugs were picky!).

Death Busters
3rd Jul 2002, 17:38
Ahh... I have finally found the time to return...

Rathen
3rd Jul 2002, 20:35
HOIST THE CABIN BOY!

SPLICE THE CABIN BOY!

ROGER THE CABIN BOY!

[*giggle*]

SkrasherSmasher
4th Jul 2002, 20:02
Woah, I was browsing the old forum and I noticed the link to here. I figured since I've come back to playing startopia (again) I might as well frequent the forums. Hmm, personally I liked the old forum better. Oh well:rolleyes: .

NZrevenge
5th Jul 2002, 13:06
Nuthin like a big old dose of equality to make us forget about the forgotten people on the soon to be forgotten old forums, though lets not forget that there a certain people who don't want us to forget, so chances are that even now we wont be given a chance to forget about that which has already been forgotten, which is currently forgetten and should remain forgotten. Not that it will, mind you. Since those who can't forget aren't going to stop stopping us from forgetting...

What was my point again? I forgot...

SkrasherSmasher
5th Jul 2002, 16:14
Anyone else confused?? I know I am. Hmmm, if the seventh forget equalizes the sixth, then the other four are, wait.. no... Ow, my head is hurting now.

rickkelley
5th Jul 2002, 20:16
Ok well I haven't been on the boards for a while, then having forgot the address where they was I went to www.muckyfoot.com & followed the link. Not much going on there come to find out yesterday there was a post saying the foroum had moved to here. Lots more going on here it would seem, but just wanted to ask if anyone knows why the page would direct me to the old outdated foroum that we are not supposed to use? And also why did that not tell us there that it was being closed down.

NZrevenge
6th Jul 2002, 14:23
Not to be perfectly dishonest with you, but I do not think that I am not certain that AlphaOmega did not mention that the links would not be updated on the 8th. In fact, if I'm not incorrect, I would not be wrong to say that the 8th is not in fact entirely a bad date to mention that it was not the day that it was not mentioned. Least unlikely this is not the because it does not happen on that day.

But that's really only because it does.

Happen on the 8th that is.

What? The update of the links! Haven't you been paying attention? I spelled it out clearly enough didn't I?

SkrasherSmasher
7th Jul 2002, 21:10
Uhm no? I'm not really sure, I was reading but I'm a little too occupied taking asprin thinking about that very confusing post. I would have thought I had forgotten, PAIN ugh, can't say that word anymore! It hurts so much, anyway... uh... hold that thought I gotta go chug some more asprin.

Ghyron
8th Jul 2002, 01:26
I bet the mods are really keeping the old forum for their own nefarious purposes...:eek:

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 08:52
Wouldn't it be funny if something really importent like the release date of Startopia 2 was released on the old forum but no one was there to check..

zooms off back to the old forum for a quick glance

Damn :(

Mucky Foot
8th Jul 2002, 12:18
Originally posted by rickkelley
Ok well I haven't been on the boards for a while, then having forgot the address where they was I went to www.muckyfoot.com & followed the link... ...just wanted to ask if anyone knows why the page would direct me to the old outdated foroum that we are not supposed to use? And also why did that not tell us there that it was being closed down.

Sorry we didn't tell you guys about the move but to be frank we didn't get told about it ourselves... These forums are *run* by Eidos themselves not us.

On an up note the board looks great and lots of new featuers to try out :) I'll sort out the link off the Mucky Foot main page later today time permitting.

zebra3... ...out

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 12:31
Your here!

But your not a moderator, this is a travesty!

Mucky Foot
8th Jul 2002, 12:55
LOL don't worry we will be mods again but I was more conserned about saying hi to you guys than pestering Eidos to make us a mod straight away.

Having said that we do very little with our mod rights. The true mods are AlphaOmega and Creamy thanks again to them for all their work :)

zebra3... ...out

MunkeeChum
8th Jul 2002, 13:11
They do work hard, although it can get a bit stressful when they start playing around with they're bansticks. :)

I've had a few strands of hair barred from Way Station Zeta Plural MK II while they play little bit of catch the flying banstick...

Mucky Foot
8th Jul 2002, 22:47
Heeeeeeey. Wass happning baby? I'm looking goooood. Owwwwwww. Somebody stop me.

Wait... is this thing on? *ahem*

Good evening. My name is TomF. I am a Muckyfoot coder. I am pleased to be joining the new and exciting forum at this time. I hope to be dispensing wisdom and technical support. Good day to you all. Thankyou.

<burp> What? It is? Well how do you turn it off then? What? The button? What are you talking about, what button? Oh, right, that bu

SkrasherSmasher
8th Jul 2002, 22:56
Ah, good to see Muckyfoot made the hyperjump to the new board as well. We were getting ready to start sending the search parties

<Calls off search parties>

AlphaOmega
9th Jul 2002, 02:36
Thanks for joining us guys.

Having said that we do very little with our mod rights. The true mods are AlphaOmega and Creamy thanks again to them for all their work

Awww... Shucks... :)

Pinky the Cow
9th Jul 2002, 07:48
Originally posted by Mucky Foot
My name is TomF. I am a Muckyfoot coder.

Never heard of you ;).

SkrasherSmasher
9th Jul 2002, 22:04
I looked really hard in the credits and saw your name. Took me three tries though...

Mucky Foot
10th Jul 2002, 22:47
Ahhh... but the hidden subliminal messages probably work just fine. Let's see shall we? Rumplestiltskin! See? You are now completely under my power. Feel the the unbridled power of a graphics coder! Mwahahahahahaha. <thunder crack and lightning, very very frightening>

TomF - Muckyfoot megalomaniac.

SkrasherSmasher
11th Jul 2002, 14:42
I.. am.. under.. your.. control.. master.. I.. wil.. purchase.. many.. copies.. of.. startopia... As.. you.. command.. master.;)

Ghyron
11th Jul 2002, 17:34
Ahhh... but the hidden subliminal messages probably work just fine. Let's see shall we? Rumplestiltskin! See? You are now completely under my power. Feel the the unbridled power of a graphics coder! Mwahahahahahaha. <thunder crack and lightning, very very frightening>

:eek: Subliminal Messaging? :eek:

MunkeeChum
11th Jul 2002, 17:52
They have us in their grasp! WE must flee!

DMA57361
11th Jul 2002, 18:01
No . . We . . Must . . Not . . Must . . Stay . . Must . . Play . . Startopia . .

SkrasherSmasher
11th Jul 2002, 18:17
Woah, have you noticed only the members of lower intelligence are being pulled into the trance.. No! Must.. fight! I.. will.. serve... MuckyFoot...

MunkeeChum
11th Jul 2002, 22:22
A new prescence has tore me from Startopia grasp, it is Warcraft III.

The Orcish Horde must perish!

SkrasherSmasher
11th Jul 2002, 22:38
Yes! Let's all form a hacking party and start messing up the servers, and posting innapropriate things using warez accounts!

Just so I don't get booted..

I was just J/K just in case you can't detect the sarcasm. I would never partake in such actions as hacking or the purchasing or aquiring of illegal copies of a game known as 'warez'. Blah blah blah.. more fine print.

AlphaOmega
12th Jul 2002, 00:30
Must... Preorder.... Blade...2......

Btw, 50 free posts to anyone who brings me the url of a warez site/channel/ftp hosting a copy of StarTopia. I've had 5 copys removed so far, and one guy booted off his ISP! (Thanks Telus!)

Please email me if you find one. (Make sure it's actully hosting it, not just a link.)

And I'm serious about the posts.

Ghyron
12th Jul 2002, 01:07
Originally posted by AlphaOmega
Must... Preorder.... Blade...2......

Btw, 50 free posts to anyone who brings me the url of a warez site/channel/ftp hosting a copy of StarTopia. I've had 5 copys removed so far, and one guy booted off his ISP! (Thanks Telus!)

Please email me if you find one. (Make sure it's actully hosting it, not just a link.)

And I'm serious about the posts.

Eh, is this a trick?

SkrasherSmasher
12th Jul 2002, 01:09
Put the warez thing in the Welcome post. That's really good! "Because only you can prevent Warez!"- Smokey McPot

Edit: Woohoo, post 100! I'm off to find some warez!

Meddling Grey
13th Jul 2002, 21:36
<a Grey calmly walks through the forum, prodding the walls, the members, the topics, and anything else within arm's reach>

'Ello there. It would appear that I am back. Without my posts, mind you, but that's okay because, hahaha, I have just removed the portion of my brain that causes me to commit acts of violence. :) So you see, Everything. Will. Be. Just. Fine. <twitch> Just fine. Yes. :)

AlphaOmega
13th Jul 2002, 23:35
Yayyy!!!

I assumed you got eaten by bile worms! Congratulations on not being devoured!

(Translation: Thought you wern't gonna show! Welcome back man!)

Pinky the Cow
17th Jul 2002, 12:06

<observed the results>

I've much to learn then. :rolleyes: