PDA

View Full Version : ah-HA!!

Grey Mouser
5th Jun 2002, 19:28
(swings in from tapestry, swashbuckler-like, lands on table in middle of forum)

I hereby taff these Forums in the Name of the Mouser!!

Ha-HA!

(swings away)

Catman
5th Jun 2002, 21:51
The Catman joins Grey Mouser in holding the forum.

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/images/tabgrin.gif

Peter_Smith
6th Jun 2002, 03:45
Hey Catman,

Welcome to the Thief forum.:) OK, now, run out and buy Thief and get serious about it.:)

Nice smilie site. Unfortunatly I could not grab any. Netscape 6 does not provide the means to quickly find the URL, unless I missed it. Any advice?

Xcom
6th Jun 2002, 20:13
Originally posted by Peter Smith
Netscape 6 does not provide the means to quickly find the URL, unless I missed it. Any advice?

It doesn't? I can just right click and choose Properties to get the URL. (Using NS 6.2.1.)

clayman
7th Jun 2002, 23:06
I finally made it to the party.....:)

Grey Mouser
8th Jun 2002, 00:09
There you are!

:)

Enjoy, look around, take 'er out for a spin...I am gonna go home and watch basketball.

Catman
8th Jun 2002, 04:38
Originally posted by Peter Smith
Hey Catman,

Welcome to the Thief forum.:) OK, now, run out and buy Thief and get serious about it.:)

Nice smilie site. Unfortunatly I could not grab any. Netscape 6 does not provide the means to quickly find the URL, unless I missed it. Any advice?

I like Thief quite well, though I've never played any fan missions. Maybe I should do that to pass the time until Deus Ex 2 comes out ...

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/images/tedwink.gif

As for the website ... thanks for the compliment, and that's a bummer about Netscape 6. I guess I'll have to switch to no buttons (or find a copy to clipboard command that works with Netscape).

http://www1.iastate.edu/~wsthune/images/tabwave.gif

Catman
8th Jun 2002, 22:10
Okay, I fixed the smilies page so it now works (after a fashion) with both Netscape 6.2 and IE 6.0.

Creamy_Goodness
8th Jun 2002, 22:37
Well arent those just the cutest lil things :D Are you going to make a dancing cow? *crosses fingers*

Peter_Smith
14th Jun 2002, 03:37
I've been away for a while.

I just tried again with the smilies and I could not get them to work with Netscape 6. Maybe I need instructions.

BrokenArts
28th Jun 2002, 16:20
This calls for a celebration........WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! A damn newbie all over again....;)
OOOOH my first....:o :D

Stile451
28th Jun 2002, 16:31
Heehee, I have more posts than Rick(not for long though, lol) :p

SlyFoxx
28th Jun 2002, 16:31
Well I'm here too. I like the new digs. Just a post to slowly get rid of that noob thingy.

SlyFoxx

Nightwalker
28th Jun 2002, 17:19
I'm here!! Thanks very much to Grey Mouser. For some reason, it wouldn't let me register under my own name, but he fixed it up!

A newbie again, though. That's tough when I'd just finally gotten past 2000 posts. Oh well, at least we're all in the same boat. :)

TRoosevelt_26
28th Jun 2002, 17:20
Originally posted by SlyFoxx
Well I'm here too. I like the new digs. Just a post to slowly get rid of that noob thingy.

SlyFoxx

I hear you. :( I was just about at 1,000, too (955). Argh! :mad:

Northren
28th Jun 2002, 17:32
Oooh, this is toooo fancy! :D

Damn, and I was getting close to a 1000, too... *sigh* :(

But I shall request my original registration date! :)

On the bright side, Huntress can be Huntress again. :D

ChristineS
28th Jun 2002, 17:36
Well, I'm here too, thank you Grey Mouser for helping me.... :)
Nightwalker you are always faster than me ;) Now we all Newbies, and I was so near to become a Member :D

Northren
28th Jun 2002, 17:39
Originally posted by BrokenArts
OOOOH my first....:o :D

I hope you remembered to use protection. Those viral infections can be nasty. ;)

DJC
28th Jun 2002, 17:41
Rararararararararar!

vB is much better than UBB. Good choice! :)

Grey Mouser
28th Jun 2002, 17:52
Originally posted by DJC
Rararararararararar!

vB is much better than UBB. Good choice! :)

No kidding!!!

(and thanks to MsLedd for her priceless advice...)

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jun 2002, 17:54
A bit of hastle getting here but I made it in the end:D

Home at last:)

[EDIT] I like the grass to a mod link:cool:

Xcom
28th Jun 2002, 18:05
Anything interesting going in here?
*just sneaking thru* ;)

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 18:08
I have found my way thru the bowels of the city and have come to the Crippled Burrick and I need a drink!:D

Grey Mouser
28th Jun 2002, 19:27
Originally posted by Darkh2o
I have found my way thru the bowels of the city and have come to the Crippled Burrick and I need a drink!:D

(points over shoulder to the finest selection of libations available in the world - many of which bear the labels "From the Cellar of Bafford" or "Constantine's Finest")

Ehhh, What'll it be sailor?

theBlackman
28th Jun 2002, 19:31
Well looks like we all made it.:D

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jun 2002, 19:31
A quart of your finest ale landlord :)

Northren
28th Jun 2002, 19:35
What?.... No, Monkey's Member, Thorin? :p :D

littlek
28th Jun 2002, 19:44
so here we all are...treading new turf too. What kind of ale is served here? :D

littlek takes in the view and breathes in deeply.......wrinkles her nose and replies, "Oh, what's that smell? Can you smell that? Smells like rotten meat. Oh it's you Darkh20. sorry. Been in the sewers again?"

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jun 2002, 19:47
Originally posted by littlek
so here we all are...treading new turf too. What kind of ale is served here? :D

littlek takes in the view and breathes in deeply.......wrinkles her nose and replies, "Oh, what's that smell? Can you smell that? Smells like rotten meat. Oh it's you Darkh20. sorry. Been in the sewers again?"

Musta been rats! :D

I'll have a pint of Monkeys Member tonight. :p :rolleyes:

It's a drink B.A. :p :D

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 20:00
littlek, it's a new deodorant I'm testing out. It's called SWAMP GAS! What do you think?

Darkh2o raises his arm and fans the fumes toward littlek. :D

Grey Mouser
28th Jun 2002, 20:03
Originally posted by littlek
What kind of ale is served here? :D

ALL kinds! :D

(yells "Catch!!" and slides a tall mug down to bar to the sore-fingered Thorin)

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jun 2002, 20:04
Thanks GM :) Thorin NEVER lets a beer slide past him.

littlek
28th Jun 2002, 20:07
littlek tries to catch her breath but only manages to gag and begins to turn blue. She manages to drain the mug that she caught whizzing by her

Jeez Darkh2o, let talk about your choice of deoderants....:D

Thorin Oakenshield
28th Jun 2002, 20:10
Sniff, Sniff Smells like Au de toilet to me :D

Darkh2o
Sorry 'bout that littlek! Next time I'll remember to take a shower before coming to the Inn for a drink.

Darkh2o stands on a bar stool and barks out, "Drinks are on me!" :)

BrokenArts
Time to JUMP ON THAT CHANDELIER!!!!!!!!! as she grabs her drink on the way up.......

littlek
28th Jun 2002, 20:17
Well Darkh20 maybe you don't smell that bad....so as long as you are buying, I'll have a mug of...... whatever you be having. ;)

Now Broken AND GM are swinging around overhead. How about a wager on who falls first?

I bet 5-1 GM falls first. His claws have been sharpened and will shred the tapestry. And Broken has more experience.

Zaccheus
28th Jun 2002, 20:27
heh - just when may post count was becoming repectable.

Never mind.

This place looks cool.
:D:D:D

BrokenArts
28th Jun 2002, 20:27
AAAaaah littlek......come up and join me......Slices tapestry with her dagger....puts it between her teeth......watches GM land upright on the nearest table....:D

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 20:30
Darkh2o pours some ale on himself to mask the pungent odor.

Do I smell better now?

BA, I want to swing too!

littlek
28th Jun 2002, 20:30
I'll be right up BA. Isn't is cool how cats land on their feet? :D

BrokenArts
28th Jun 2002, 20:35
Now DarkH20.....you weigh too much......ALL guys do....
You see.....it is a woman thing.....I am petite....little.....the chandeliers sustain my weight very nicely. I am under 5'2.
Now that I am tanner with summer here. Ohh bathing suit time on the chandelier. :o :D
keeps me cooler that way you realize......all the heat from below rises...and I work up a sweat anyways up here.
*Snap snap puppy.......drink flies into her hands.....*
AAAaaahhhhhhhhhhhh better.......man this is it...

littlek. yes I love the way cats land upright!!! :D

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 20:41
I think that I'll leave the chandeliers to you, BA! Besides you're wearing your bathing suit :o and I'll sit right here and catch you if you fall.

littlek, you are quite the swinger as well. Where is your bathing suit?;)

Stile451
28th Jun 2002, 20:43
Ah, but the real question is, would a cat land on it's feet with a buttered piece of bread on it's back?

erm, Mouser, I have a favor to ask...

Grey Mouser
28th Jun 2002, 20:46
(sniff sniff)

Toast?

Zaccheus
28th Jun 2002, 20:47
Originally posted by Salvage
Ah, but the real question is, would a cat land on it's feet with a buttered piece of bread on it's back?

The cat would spin, throw up (spoiling the effect of the buttered toast) and then land on its feet.
:D

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 20:48
BA, how can you get such a good tan when you are wearing your suit of armor? Wouldn't it rust with the suntan lotion?:D

Zaccheus
28th Jun 2002, 20:48
Grey Mouser, I like your homepage.
:)

littlek
28th Jun 2002, 20:49
....er..well...um, littlek blushes, you see Darkh20, I didn't bring one. Didn't know the new Crippled Burrick Inn had such a great chandalier. :eek:

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 20:57
That's OK littlek. You don't need one to swing. Jump up there and swing to your little(k) heart's content!

It's party time! It's like watching disco balls!

Darkh2o turns to one side, lets out a loud belch and continues to watch the amazing display of acrobatics above the tables. :p

Speedy[143]
28th Jun 2002, 21:06
ummmmm smells like a new forum.... hear hear a toast to all the hard work that went into setting up the new community.. long live Thief!!!!!!!!!!:D

XXXOOO
Speedy

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 21:09
Darkh2o slurs out... Welcome Speedy[143]! Come on in and have a drink! Everyone is swingin' and drinkin'!

littlek
28th Jun 2002, 21:27
Darkh2o's belch sends littlek crashing to the tables below. BA gracefully remains swinging overhead. Grey Mouser hangs tightly onto the tapestry noticing that littlek did not land on her feet.

Darkh2o comments, "That had to hurt...."

littlek looks up and slurs, "I wish I could belch like that!"

Darkh2o
28th Jun 2002, 21:55
littlek, how's the bum doing? Did you bruise it? Have another drink and then jump back up there.

ChangelingJane
28th Jun 2002, 22:13
Originally posted by BrokenArts
Now DarkH20.....you weigh too much......ALL guys do....

Even lithe, skinny, boyish guys? :D

At any rate, two people on chandeliers... it's pinyata time! *whips out BJ and puts on a blindfold*

[btw, this would be PlaneShifter--wouldn't let me register under my old nick so I went with another nick of mine]

Squid
28th Jun 2002, 22:58
Squid walks in the front door, throwing off his cloak, and shaking off the drops of water from the light evening rainfall outside.

So, everyone, I've heard lots about the new, improved Crippled Burrick Inn... is the place up to our standards. Squid looks up and sees BA and Gman swinging around. Yep, I guess it is.

Just saying that I finally made it to the party, fashionably late as always. :D

BrokenArts
28th Jun 2002, 23:06
Aaaa hey there Squid! Nice to see ya!
No suit of armour for me Murky Water. ;) I was standing next to him, I made my shy. He shook like a little girl, :D I just wanted his sword.....really. :p
So, where were we.....ahhhhhhhh doing the splits......and now hanging upside down......Watch it there guys....what are you looking at??? LMAO!!!!
OOOOH slippery up here....all this oil. Who did the maintenance on this thing??? I specifically said I would bring my OWN oil!

TRoosevelt_26
28th Jun 2002, 23:08
TR26 sneaks furtively into the room, gripping his longbow under his cloak. As has long been his practice, he has been spying out the establishment before he makes his move. He darts under a torch, stifling it with the edge of his cloak, and peers around at all the thieves enjoying themselves. Reassured, he settles back against the knothole that activates Exit 92, shifting his weight around until his shoulderblades rest comfortably against the rough wood. Ordering a pint of ale, he pulls out a parchment and gets back to work on The Great War. The world is at rest and the thieves are living it up for one night before returning to the streets and the red-glowing shadows of the mansions. :) Ahhh...

SlyFoxx
29th Jun 2002, 00:20
SlyFoxx stumbles into The Burrick carrying a keg of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale. I think it's time to tap this puppy. Thorin go get me some ice. BrokenArts, we need some more gl***** (why can't I say gl***** on the forum? :confused: ...well just bring some more mugs if you please, a stien or two, WHATEVER, we gotta drink outta something! )...that's a good lass.

I propose a toast...To the mods and the new digs. To your good health and our own!

BrokenArts
29th Jun 2002, 00:28
SlyFoxx........what do I look like a waitress around here! ;) She yells from atop the chandelier. Get your own! And it is Glas5es. Hows that...:p :D

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 00:33
Lol, You can't say G,L,A,S,S,E,S but you can say Lass :D

Thorin gets the ice and can't wait for a taste of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale

Huntress
29th Jun 2002, 02:05
Well it was a tough move folks...carrying over all that loot I had in my wall safe...uncrackable of course...various items of importance...capes (for various weather conditions) sword, bow, arrows of various types, flash bombs, mines, potions...you know the usual fair :) and I'm tired out :rolleyes: :p So I'll just pull up a stool and order a nice tall cool scotch and soda to watch all the goings on...BA...your new chandelier looks very nice on you :D So here's a toast to The Burrick Inn and the Mouse for making us feel to home :)

By the way...GM...how's bout my original original registration date? Pretty please...I'll put out a nice bowl of heavy cream for ya too! ;) Ta and Good Hunting!

Nightwalker
29th Jun 2002, 02:53
Hi, Huntress! I'll sit and watch with you. This lot is a little too athletic for me tonight. Maybe I can coax Grey Mouser down for a chin scratch. I'll pass on the scotch, though and have a cherry brandy!

I just noticed I have my original registration date back. Thanks, Grey Mouser. :)

SlyFoxx
29th Jun 2002, 11:54
Get your own!............BA

Ahh always the brazen dame. O.K. I'll get the gl*****.

:p I guess since she's up in the chandelelier BA's had enough already.

have a cherry brandy!
........Nightwalker

Cherry Brandy :confused: This is a thieves pub. We drink Ale and mead and lots of it. So order up a pint and.......(thwack....Grey Mouser wacks SlyFoxx up the side of his head with a dear leg. "Nightwalker drinks whatever she wants. Understand noob?" SlyFoxx, sheepishly, "Yes I understand. I'm sorry Nightwalker.")

Alright let's have some fun. Whos up for goosing Blue Coats from the shadows with a pointed stick?

Thorin Oakenshield
29th Jun 2002, 11:58
I'm up for it:D Thorin sharpens a long stick.

Nightwalker
29th Jun 2002, 14:52
If I have to drink ale, then I'm outta here! Ptui! :D

Hawklette
29th Jun 2002, 14:59
Hello all! I don't like changes much but the good part is I got rid of the 7. I'm now just plain Hawklette. LOL:D :D

Apocrypha Roxy
30th Jun 2002, 03:32
Roxy sneaks in quietly through the side door, dragging a heavy bag of goods behind filled with various weapons, necessities and goodies from the old forum.

"Sorry I'm late, just got back from a vacation in Nosgoth. I was busy robbing a taffer named Moebius; seems to be some sort of magician. Picked up a few souviniers for you all..."

trips over loose floorboard, lands face flat.

"Perfect. First trip in, and I literally trip.":(

dusts self off, picks up bag.

"I'm in seriousneed of a drink..." :rolleyes: :D

Well, looks like most of us made the transition already! We're all newbies again. And I was almost at 700! (Seems kinda puny, with all your Zip-code sized postcounts!)

LittleK falls from the chandelier & lands at Roxy's feet.

(slurred) "Hey Rox, help me up, you silly girl, and I'll show you how to swing like a pro!"

"I'll have what she's having!" :D

THEthief
30th Jun 2002, 15:39
How do you request your old post count/registration date? :o I mean, who do you request it from? :)

BrokenArts
30th Jun 2002, 15:43
theThief......Old post counts, no can do. Too much work. They are working on restoring the old registration dates. Some have been done already. Grey mouser is working on things, it is coming along. I would love my old post count too. But, in the long run, it doesn't matter, people know who we are anyway, for the most part. :)

THEthief
30th Jun 2002, 17:21
Ahh, ok - thanks BrokenArts!! :) So I may still get my registration date back? :D

Old Man
2nd Jul 2002, 18:04
Originally posted by clayman
I finally made it to the party.....:)

This is my second visit to the new forums today. I notice clayman is not named as one of the moderators. Wha? I could swear I saw his name there before? So I went back over to the old forum and reread his goodbye message. Could he be leaving altogether? Sure hope not. But that goodbye message is only a week old.

So, I did a search here for clayman posts. The one quoted above is the only one I could find. And that was almost a month ago.

Boy, I sure hope I'm missing something besides clayman.

:confused:

Apache
8th Jul 2002, 00:41
Holy *****..

from GM bio:
It all started when I found the green meteorite
I love that movie..seen it dozens of times..loved it so much i bought the tape.

Grey Mouser
9th Jul 2002, 00:25
Yeah, I had to own it too...and not the lousy [ahem] demo copy I made from HBO one long ago night...it is good enough to pay for!

Apache
9th Jul 2002, 02:32
Thought it was..so i bought it..i think it is..