PDA

View Full Version : Improvements & Things We Would Like To See In Just Cause 3...

ChiroVette
15th Nov 2014, 18:40
Okay, might as well get this discussion going here. Post things that you may have not been so crazy about from Just Cause 2 that you would like to see in the coming game!

For me, there are a few things:

1. Better car handling! (Confirmed already that the Burnout crew from Criterion is working on it, so this will be WAY better in JC3!)

2. Flyable vehicle absolutely need rudders independent of the yoke control! It was one of the things I flat out HATED about JC2, having only one control for steering helicopters and planes.

3. At least one more (preferably more than one! weapons slot! Whenever I play JC2, I NEVER use any of the rocket launchers, cluster bombs, or whatever. Honestly, I ONLY play with the uzi and the grenade launchers in the light slots and the Heavy Machine Gun in the heavy slot. I have always lamented the fact that rocket launcger type weapons did not have a dedicated slot so you can hold BOTH an assault weapon and a Rocket Launcher. I would also like to see another slot for pistols, but now I am just being greedy! lol I would be SO HAPPY if we had four weapon slots (not counting grenades). Two for light weapons and TWO for heavy.

Bubo999
16th Nov 2014, 23:10
I agree with your three points.

I also would like to see:
The Hedge wildchild be equipped with guided missiles.
Better targeting for guided missiles, in JC2 they always locked onto the base of structures such as fuel depots and water towers.
This meant that the missile often would hit another structure en route to the target.
Less collecting of the shiny white boxes. Ok some people want to have collecting side missions.
Ok fine, if you still have the white boxes, at least reduce the amount to maybe 10% of the amount in JC2.
2500-3000 white boxes is way to much and it is a too dominant part of the game and completion -percentage,

ChiroVette
17th Nov 2014, 15:00
I know that there are a lot of opinions about collectibles in sandbox games, and I totally respect yours! I actually loved the fact that there were a ton of collectibles, and three different types. The reason is threefold:

One, they put the collectibles on the map, which was an inspired way to handle them. Two, they really were only necessary for 100% completion, and how many people ever go for 100% in these games? So really the only people who will truly care about the collectibles are those who want extra money OR who want 100%. Finally, the collectibles give you an excuse to really explore the world not just of your own volition, but as part of the game. I have always found collectibles to be one of the most enjoyable and truly RELAXING parts of any sandbox game because they are stress free, mellow, and one of the things you don't have to really be totally challenged by.

Again, I completely understand your point of view. Not everyone likes collectibles, but I love them!

Here is an other thing that needs to be implemented, along with your suggestion:

On planes with missiles and guns, they need to have a way to move the targeting reticule to AIM! One thin I hated about planes like the Leopard in JC2 was that they only shot straight ahead, with no ability to aim other than pointing the plane where you needed to aim. It made using the weapons on planes overly cumbersome and not the least bit efficient or fun,

chip5541
18th Nov 2014, 06:50
It occurred to me we saw a race going on in JC2. What about an Air Show with vintage aircraft? Maybe even the ability to arm WW1 and WW2 planes?

ChiroVette
18th Nov 2014, 14:25
It occurred to me we saw a race going on in JC2. What about an Air Show with vintage aircraft? Maybe even the ability to arm WW1 and WW2 planes?

This brings up the whole idea about customizing, perhaps extensive enough to be borrowed from Saint's Row. I would love to see planes and all vehicles able to be brought to some sort of extensive custom shop and then, like in Saint's Row, once a vehicle is customized it is added to your "garage" or whatever storage system is in place.

Chip, can you describe in more detail what you mean by air show? Sounds intriguing!

chip5541
19th Nov 2014, 07:58
This video should give you an idea although the planes should be older WW1/WW2 vintage or maybe a bunch from the early days up until modern.

wVuKdbImdgY

Opelova
27th Nov 2014, 14:36
Okay, might as well get this discussion going here. Post things that you may have not been so crazy about from Just Cause 2 that you would like to see in the coming game!

For me, there are a few things:

1. Better car handling! (Confirmed already that the Burnout crew from Criterion is working on it, so this will be WAY better in JC3!)

2. Flyable vehicle absolutely need rudders independent of the yoke control! It was one of the things I flat out HATED about JC2, having only one control for steering helicopters and planes.

3. At least one more (preferably more than one! weapons slot! Whenever I play JC2, I NEVER use any of the rocket launchers, cluster bombs, or whatever. Honestly, I ONLY play with the uzi and the grenade launchers in the light slots and the Heavy Machine Gun in the heavy slot. I have always lamented the fact that rocket launcger type weapons did not have a dedicated slot so you can hold BOTH an assault weapon and a Rocket Launcher. I would also like to see another slot for pistols, but now I am just being greedy! lol I would be SO HAPPY if we had four weapon slots (not counting grenades). Two for light weapons and TWO for heavy.

1 & 2 We hope to deliver that. We are still improving on that front.
3. Aye aye. Rico will have more weapon slots. :)

chip5541
30th Nov 2014, 11:28
I guess someone didn't para glide over an enemy base using only a rocket launcher ;)

Driber
30th Nov 2014, 13:15
With the JC2 forum imported on SEF now, we can use the older and bigger thread on this topic, which I just moved over to this section. Please continue here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=118124), folks :)