PDA

View Full Version : Matchmaking and Dodging

Ryver1107
15th Nov 2014, 15:41
First things first, this game is great and all but i cant stomach a single match without quitting and playing something else just to stop thinking about suicide.

The matchmaking is pure crap 6 games in a row i got paired by people below lvl 10 while the enemy team has 2 guys 40 or 30+ and 3 of them were premade once, didnt win even 1 game and my winrate plummeted.

The UI needs to show people lvls again so you have the basic idea if you should play the match or no.

My other issues is the dodging for vampires it works for humans its worthless, because why in gods name can vampires attack you while you dodge, unless you are a prophet or are confident in your team to burst the vamp down its pointless to even move once a vamp comes into melee range( im looking at reavers in particular since those bastards attacks have the hit collision of shotgun at close range while you almost never fire 3 shots before you are down.

And for the people that say 'get better' or 'practice more ' tell me how, there is no bot training mode there is only deathmatch and siege that just screws with your winrate when you lose.

Varulven
15th Nov 2014, 16:14
I don't want the player lvl to be shown again. Just Nononononono >.<

They are currently working on a new matchmaking system. So please bear with them, okay? :)
We all want some changes, but coding is lots of work and it needs some time.

And don't listen to these **** telling you to 'get better'. Just play and have fun :)

Obisher
15th Nov 2014, 17:21
And for the people that say 'get better' or 'practice more ' tell me how, there is no bot training mode there is only deathmatch and siege that just screws with your winrate when you lose.

For starters: play for fun, not for stats. And when I say "play for fun", that means try to do your best in match and don't worry whether you'll win or lose. No one can see your stats except you. Unless you post a screenshot on the forums :p

Considering practice, there are no bot training modes, but there are private matches. You can try to do some solo exercises there, like shooting various objects and quickly changing targets or trying to land vampire abilites on one predetermined spot. It's not the same as when you're playing against a real opponent, but it may help you to get more feeling for aiming with weapons and various skills.

Now, dodging with humans can be tricky. Most of the time when a vampire comes in melee range I won't try to run or dodge, because it's too late for that. I'll try to do as much damage to the vampire as possible, or if I see an opening, then I'll try to use dodge to create a bit more space between us and continue dealing damage. It's best to use dodge to evade vampire abilities like charge, kidnap etc. But it takes some practice to get the timing right.

Cristari
15th Nov 2014, 21:43
AFAIK Player level was removed because of leavers (simplistic solution) while they work on their appalling matchmaking system. I am hoping that player level returns but only after they fix their rubbish match making system.

--Ram--
16th Nov 2014, 04:56
I'm sure I've seen it stated that player level will be phased out even more after an elo type system is in place as. i.e. it will be something for you personally but others won't see it. Elo will make it redundant.

Malkev
16th Nov 2014, 19:18
Why not quit the levels even inside the game (not the stat, the number showed). It's an unnecesary data, you expect a lot from the 40 players and nothing from the 10. If this is a full technique game, just stop showing the levels and watch the actual score.

Anyway, you obtain cool skins and that stuff if you need to show youre e-pen.is to everybody.

Blackatana1
19th Nov 2014, 03:13
The matchmaking is being worked on. I truly hopes it lives up to our expectations. Hopefully premades are kept away from the solo players. The solo players need balanced out.
Also what about a 3 man premade? do they get to play with solo people? If so it would be pretty much as bad as a 4 man premade. what about 2 man premades? 2 people on voicechat can be enough of an edge to throw the game... lots of other variables, but you get the idea. We are expecting a lot from the matchmaking and for all our sakes including the games future, I hope it delivers when it arrives.

I just hope it's soon and it solves everyone's problems. i know I am really tired of the 4 man premades. I also hope if it can not stop premades vs pugs that it alerts everyone that a premade is in the server and tells us who is in the premade so we know if its a full team, 3 or just 2 people. I think we have a right to know what we are getting ourselves into.

FearGhoul
19th Nov 2014, 04:13
I would love some sort of training mode. When I get a new class I feel like I'm being thrown into a meat grinder. I have no idea how this new class works, so I'm just going to get slaughtered over and over until I figure out what my abilities do. Figuring out how to aim the Sentinel was hell for me.

SilentVirtue
19th Nov 2014, 06:20
First things first, this game is great and all but i cant stomach a single match without quitting and playing something else just to stop thinking about suicide.

The matchmaking is pure crap 6 games in a row i got paired by people below lvl 10 while the enemy team has 2 guys 40 or 30+ and 3 of them were premade once, didnt win even 1 game and my winrate plummeted.

The UI needs to show people lvls again so you have the basic idea if you should play the match or no.

My other issues is the dodging for vampires it works for humans its worthless, because why in gods name can vampires attack you while you dodge, unless you are a prophet or are confident in your team to burst the vamp down its pointless to even move once a vamp comes into melee range( im looking at reavers in particular since those bastards attacks have the hit collision of shotgun at close range while you almost never fire 3 shots before you are down.

Quitting a game because you don't like the match making means 1 thing, you will not improve, thus you will keep quitting games until you quit playing, Feel free to whine about 3 man premades, but you are more than capable of making your own premade.

People quit games when they see my name, never mind my level lol. I don't think you should be able to see level at all, i think leaving a game should equal a loss on your records and a temporary suspension from playing matches

If your getting beaten up by reavers, try learning how to counter them, and to dodge abilities and attacks by changing elevation.

And ill explain how you get better very simply, STOP LEAVING GAMES. you learn more from a loss, and look at what those premades are doing and emulate them! if your too stubborn to work as a team in a TEAM BASED GAME , your gonna have a bad time