PDA

View Full Version : Special Lobbies

Hyperspeed1000
12th Nov 2014, 23:19
Since the last ESL tournament you see more and more full premade teams against a team full of randoms which is usually also below the lvl 30....so my suggestion is to create 2 "special lobbies"

1. Lvl 40 Lobby: a lobby that ppl can enter only with lvl 40

2. Only Solo (and maybe duo) lobby : a lobby that ppl can enter only if they play alone (or with just 1 more friend)

-Konf-
13th Nov 2014, 10:01
Don't quote me on this, but I believe this is how things are intended to be when match making goes live.

If I recall correctly, there was an intention to make lobbies available for solo/duo queue and match pre-made groups separately against other groups. So that's ticked off. However, there won't be a separate lobby for level 40, because with match making and ranking the players will be split and matched against one another based on their determined skill level. That solves the problem altogether as you can expect to be playing with and against people that are in the same boat.

Match making is a big piece of work, and the game isn't finished yet. It will go live and solve all of the outcry about a lot of the things. System isn't ready yet, and if it was - I'm afraid the current player base wouldn't be enough to support it and wait times would be ridiculously high. Be patient, the game is in development, we'll get it all polished and amazing soon enough :)

Vampmaster
13th Nov 2014, 10:20
The new matchmaking isn't going to use exp levels as the measure of skill. Corey said it's going to be something else. Otherwise those of us who've used a lot of boosters or played a lot of Seige (which is slightly easier because it encourages more predictable behavior) could be mistaken for up to twice the level they'd have been without them. I mean I'm at level 40, but usually only do well against players around level 20.

-Konf-
13th Nov 2014, 13:04
That's true, the match making system will be (like Corey said) similar to other games out there running MMR ranking and such. At first it'll be a bit chaotic as the pool of players will be mixed, but then it will spread us up across multiple ranks and solve all the issues that people are currently having.

Vampmaster
13th Nov 2014, 13:12
That's true, the match making system will be (like Corey said) similar to other games out there running MMR ranking and such. At first it'll be a bit chaotic as the pool of players will be mixed, but then it will spread us up across multiple ranks and solve all the issues that people are currently having.

I think a rough estimate based on existing stats would be the best way to get the MMR started off.