PDA

View Full Version : ESL BETA CUP " PROBLEMS!!"

ShotUK
11th Nov 2014, 14:31
If you view this link :
http://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/839/region-lock-09-11-2014/p1

As you you can see Nosgoth Beta ESL CUP is a Massive step forward BUT! that said the ESL admins are ruining the community and competitive play of the game.

What has Happened is the the ESL Admins have made the choice to take away the region lock on the Europeans cup and North American cup SO now all the European teams are complaining that the North american teams are in the tournament! This results in 160-200 + ping in ESL cup matches.

Not only is there up roar about this on the European side The times if you are in GMT+0 it is 16:00 for the EU cup this is the cup the Americans play in! They have to get up early on a Sunday if they want to play in the EU cup. if a European team wanted to play in there cup they would have to be awake at 22:00, this is when the first match starts don't forget the ESL matches times have been increased to 30mins PER ROUND so each game can last 1 hour. So if a European team wanted to play in the NA CUP they would have to be up till 2 maybe 3 in the morning to finish it till the end, That would then be 2 in the morning on MONDAY, Monday is a general working or School day.

I ask you how is this fair, how can you make two cups one for European and one for American yet any one can join either or!!!!

On the post you will see the admins saying the region lock has been lifted because its a global cup!

Nosgoth, you yourself have made two CUP's but anyone can play in either because of the admins on ESL.

In the post you can see a lot of European teams are enraged by the decision.

I can only hope a dev from Nosgoth see's this and will put it right! Before ESL kills it.

Psyonix_Eric
11th Nov 2014, 19:39
I can only hope a dev from Nosgoth see's this and will put it right!

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-esl-beta-cup-series-has-started
"...following overwhelming feedback from the community, ESL will now be re-applying region locks so that teams will only be able to participate in their registered region’s tournaments for the foreseeable future of the Nosgoth Beta Cup."

Talespin
11th Nov 2014, 21:32
You know Nosgoth is going to succeed when tournament rules are changed based on who cries the loudest. Let's "save" the community by reducing the amount of teams in each cup, brilliant.

Congratulations, you escaped having to play against the scary 100-200 ping (lmao) NA players, enjoy your special olympics of an EU cup.

Saturnity
11th Nov 2014, 21:52
This results in 160-200 + ping in ESL cup matches.

That's your advantage, I don't see why you're complaining about better chances of winning. It's obvious the real reason for the whining is that NA is on a higher level of play.

Psyonix_Eric
11th Nov 2014, 22:40
Just letting everyone know now that this thread has one chance to stray off course. Any name calling or further bashing is going to result in moderation, either of the thread or the persons involved.

OnlyLogic
12th Nov 2014, 01:10
How about.... Make it region locked but allow US teams to participate in EU cups and vice versa? Times shouldn't match and the players can choose to deal with the ping. Why is this so difficult?

RazielWarmonic
12th Nov 2014, 02:43
Hi ShotUK!

I'm sorry you think we are ruining the game. :( However the initial region lock and the initial removal of it was based off suggestions from the community. We read every post, and take each into consideration. Also, just to let you know, the initial release of having NO region lock is how Square Enix originally wanted it. They wanted everyone to participate in either.

I'll have you know though due to the overwhelming response we got, that region lock was placed back into effect today! I hope this is good news for you!

Cheers,
Warmonic

Saturnity
12th Nov 2014, 04:46
How about.... Make it region locked but allow US teams to participate in EU cups and vice versa? Times shouldn't match and the players can choose to deal with the ping. Why is this so difficult?

Some players have the opinion 100-150 ping is an advantage.

chriZor
12th Nov 2014, 09:03
I do not understand why some people do not understand the real issue. I quote myself from the ESL-Forum.

http://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/839/region-lock-09-11-2014#latest

the community needs to start think bigger than now.
It is always the same. If there's a fight between two parties of equal strength , one will complain about problems. A competition must remain still fair. For both sides.
Some are better to compensate for the lack of fairness by experience - for now.

(in the future)
When it comes to these struggles, then everyone wants equal opportunities.

The ESL stands for fair and exciting competitions. It should also remain.

The quotations of unfair competition are also available from the people who like to bend the rules. I mean RazielWarmonic(she is the Admin ESL Nosgoth) and Top ESL teams confirm this.

ShotUK
12th Nov 2014, 10:11
Hi ShotUK!

I'm sorry you think we are ruining the game. :( However the initial region lock and the initial removal of it was based off suggestions from the community. We read every post, and take each into consideration. Also, just to let you know, the initial release of having NO region lock is how Square Enix originally wanted it. They wanted everyone to participate in either.

I'll have you know though due to the overwhelming response we got, that region lock was placed back into effect today! I hope this is good news for you!

Cheers,
Warmonic

I understand it can be hard trying to please a whole community. Unfortunately i cant sympathize with you. When you say you "removed it based of suggestions off the community" that is a tiny minority.
The people asking on the forum post to remove the Region lock has 16 comments.
BUT let me break it down
16 comments
5 - 6 people support that.
but your have a couple in between
and a couple saying no.

The fact that you yourself agreed with it and who's opinions not FACT's contributed in the lifting of the region lock. A comment from you is
"I believe these complaints were on false claims, due to my own experience and various accounts (from players whom have both played with and against high ping)."
Complaints that High ping will effect game play. Warping maybe far fetched BUT there are many more deep routed issues with HIGH ping. May i also add you can not simply test these issues by making a private match. Normally its common sense but my days!

I feel that you put your personal feelings towards the matter.

No disrespect intended but i hope you can learn from this and no be so hasty next time.

mauvo58
12th Nov 2014, 12:06
Nosgoth is still in closed beta. This was the very first competition. The next competition is this coming weekend. Relax.

I think it's healthy to reflect on how we can do better, but don't forget that in many respects the events were a success. The important thing is to learn and improve.

There's no need for all this agression.

RazielWarmonic
12th Nov 2014, 15:53
The fact that you yourself agreed with it and who's opinions not FACT's contributed in the lifting of the region lock. A comment from you is
"I believe these complaints were on false claims, due to my own experience and various accounts (from players whom have both played with and against high ping)."
Complaints that High ping will effect game play. Warping maybe far fetched BUT there are many more deep routed issues with HIGH ping. May i also add you can not simply test these issues by making a private match. Normally its common sense but my days!

I feel that you put your personal feelings towards the matter.

No disrespect intended but i hope you can learn from this and no be so hasty next time.

Hi ShotUK,

I have over 700 hours in the game and yes I did have a personal opinion on the matter. I would also like you to know that because I am still being trained as an ESL admin, I did not have a final say in the matter of whether or not to remove regions locks, and whether or not to put them back on. I gave NachtKindFX my personal experience from my play time, and that was it. We had a discussion about it with some other people internally as well.

I'm sorry this issue has blown way out of proportion with people feeling personally attacked on both sides. In the future we'll try harder to appeal to both sides and make a middle ground instead of an ultimatum. However, like others said, this was our first Majors tournament and regardless it went really well on EU and NA! I hope it can go this smoothly in the future.

Starting something up (especially with money involved) can always be a little rough and I hope people can understand and have more patience as we try to sort things out to the best of our abilities. ;)

Cheers,
Warmonic

cmstache
12th Nov 2014, 16:55
Hi ShotUK,

I have over 700 hours in the game and yes I did have a personal opinion on the matter. I would also like you to know that because I am still being trained as an ESL admin, I did not have a final say in the matter of whether or not to remove regions locks, and whether or not to put them back on. I gave NachtKindFX my personal experience from my play time, and that was it. We had a discussion about it with some other people internally as well.

I'm sorry this issue has blown way out of proportion with people feeling personally attacked on both sides. In the future we'll try harder to appeal to both sides and make a middle ground instead of an ultimatum. However, like others said, this was our first Majors tournament and regardless it went really well on EU and NA! I hope it can go this smoothly in the future.

Starting something up (especially with money involved) can always be a little rough and I hope people can understand and have more patience as we try to sort things out to the best of our abilities. ;)

Cheers,
Warmonic
Pretty much that. Every e-sport game has had growing pains. This will be no different. This is particularly true because the style of game here is a good bit different from most other e-sport games. There will be a learning curve for both the ESL guys and the players as well. That's just something that we all have to deal with. Quite honestly, it's one of the reasons I haven't been in a rush to complete my team yet. I knew at some point regions WOULD be locked and I'm not exactly sure if I want to deal with now by not making a split team, or later by having to split a team apart. There are very real issues that will have to be resolved on both ends and not everyone is going to like it.

EDIT: As a side note, Raziel will also have countless more PMS than forums posts giving her information. Basing judgments of a situation from forum posts alone is the wrong way to look at it.