PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Gameplay

AssassinCorvo1207
11th Nov 2014, 03:01
I have been a longtime player of Square Enix Games, I have been playing the final fantasy series and recently got into Nosgoth, I found that with this style of game, you need two major things: a good server connection with little to know latency, and an actual practice system. Nosgoth, in my opinion, has neither of these. If they were to include a bot game play where you can fight computers to train your skills, instead of high level players that wipe you out and remove a want to play the game, I feel like Nosgoth would be a much more successful and enjoyable game. Now, don't get me wrong here, I love the game, and its theme, its just with the combined lack of training and moderate to severe lag, this game has a while before I believe its ready for open beta, when thousands of people will cause the game servers to run even slower. Now, I realize that the latency problem has probably already been brought up, as well as the lack of training programs to enhance not the character or its level, but enhance the strategies and game play of the player. I thank you for your time if you bothered to read this, also, I would love to see some sort of vampire class to be on the side of the humans, as well as a human turned rogue to undermine the human team. I hope that also there could be a game mode where you can team up with your friends and use a wave system to have vampires increase in numbers and skill, and hopefully a revive technique, maybe with the vampire on the human side. Thanks again for your time for reading this, and I hope to see awesome game modes in the future. I will keep my eyes to the forums to see new updates, Characters, abilities, and game modes. I believe this game has incredible potential, I just hope that it isn't overlooked.

RainaAudron
11th Nov 2014, 12:43
Hello, thanks for the feedback! An expanded tutorial will be added later I believe.

I would love to see some sort of vampire class to be on the side of the humans, as well as a human turned rogue to undermine the human team. hopefully a revive technique, maybe with the vampire on the human side.

That would be problematic story-wise (they could use the vampire worshippers (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Vampire_worshippers) though) and also gameplay-wise as the game is made to be asymmetrical on purpose. Reviving would be only possible if a stake or spear was removed from the corpse, which has to stay intact for it to work.

chriZor
11th Nov 2014, 13:39
If they were to include a bot game play where you can fight computers to train your skills, instead of high level players that wipe you out and remove a want to play the game, I feel like Nosgoth would be a much more successful and enjoyable game.

hey man!

you are so right. i feel so bad for those level 10-30 - everytime. i could imagine that they do quit the game after a few matches like this - specially the casuals. ...and...
acually most of the ESL-Teams do learn how to play in a team in the Quick-Matches aswell - thats frustrating for every random to play against 3 or 4-Stack. There should be maybe a Match-Mode like solo or duo-queue to prevent this stacks.

But the player base is too small to get it balanced immendiately.

Maybe a bot-feature for the private-match could help to learn. That's an idea...but whats going on when some of those few players who are searching for Quick-Matches now "learning" in privat-matches? i bet the feature would reduce the amount of quick-matches.
the problem is the same as always now: the player base must grow.

greets,
chriZor
(sorry if its not a good english)