PDA

View Full Version : Just looking for some advice/opinions on loadouts.

Bloodytrailz
10th Nov 2014, 03:24
Hey all, just to preface, I purchased the immortal founder pack (giving me 15k gold, 10 rare items, 5 uncommon items) and have put about 20 hours into nosgoth, and am just looking for guidance or opinions on loadouts and what to purchase next.

As humans, I primarily play hunter & prophet with a rare play on alchemist/scout. (I like scout a bit, but i've had so much more consistent success on hunter, and I LOVE the alchemist, but hate not having the range to harass on incoming aggression)

As vampires, I almost exclusively play deceiver atm, but I will look into picking up reaver+sentinel play soon (No interest in tyrant at all.)

I'll start off with my human kits.

(Just as note: Stock = no stat modifiers, UC = uncommon quality which has 1 stat, R = rare which has 2 stats)

Hunter
Weapon Choices: **Currently I bounce between Repeater/Siege bow...unsure what perks to match with siege bow**
Stock Founder's Repeater
UC Bolt Thrower (-8% recoil but +5% reload speed),
R Siege Bow (+5% clip size, +2% move speed but -10% stun resist and -15% heal from HP stations)
Primary Skill: Poison bola, don't really like anything else.
Secondary Skill: Currently explosive arrow....looking for opinions on what people think of grenade/sticky grenade? (Haven't tried yet)
Perk: Currently using Deadeye (-20% shot spread)...is this best, or what other options are there? (more looking towards the siege bow...what perk pairs well with it?)

Prophet
...I'm fairly sold on what i use. Ghostly Heavy Pistols, Hex Shot, Life Leech.... only iffy bit, is the perk again...using Deadeye...is there a better option/s?

Scout
Golden composite bow or Ghostly swiftbow (i bounce back and forth, leaning more towards composite bow as just being better overall)
Throwing Knives...because i believe they are the strongest
Secondary Skill ... currently I use trap....i can see some merit for Volley but not sure I like it as much as trap... I see people using the needle turret...not sure that I like it though....possibly open to persuasion on this.
Perk...again, unsure what I should be using here...i here a lot of people say tinkerer?...

Alchemist
Primary Weapon: Hand cannon. Might buy a fullbore if i start playing alchemist again...have multiple rare multi cannons but really dont like it compared to hand cannon.
Primary Skill: Currently using lightbomb...although I have seen a lot of people using immolation...is it really that strong? (it seems like it does a ton of damage but you need to be in proximity at the right time...?
Secondary Skill: Always an argument between firewall and cleansing mist....i dont have mist yet, but I imagine if i start playing alchemist I would pick it up.
Perk: ... again, unkown as to what I should be using here... (again like scout, hear a lot saying tinkerer)

VAMPIRES

Reaver: Kick, Choking Haze, Shadowstep.... unsure of perk to use here? (Currently using -10% cooldown)... my sweeping kick is a rare, and i don't think it's good (i might just buy stock sweeping kick)...+10% wall climb and +10% regen speed but loses -5% max health and -8% damage <33% health...pretty bad :/ ... I also have an uncommon savage pounce that's +10% wall climb for -5% dodge distance/cooldown (also kinda bad)

Unsure which reaver approach i like best... Savage pounce/haze/evasion or Kick/haze/shadowstep (i generally lean towards kick just for the burst damage to turn the tide of a fight)

Deciever: Disguise, Infect, Shroud, -10% cooldowns (I've heard some people use the attack speed based talents as well?...open to alternatives on this perk.

Sentinel: I got a decent rare abduct (+2% attack speed, +5% max hp losing -2% movespeed and -10% wall climb) on top of stock puncture+air strike...using -10% cooldown perk (don't really see a better alternative here.)

So thank you for people who sat through this lengthy post, and a double thank you for anyone who is able to offer opinions and insight towards my choices... Thank you :)

OK_Oktagon
10th Nov 2014, 07:53
Note that these are my personal choices.

Perks for humans: Hunter + Prophet = Deadeye, Alchemist + Scout = Tinkerer

Perks for vampires: Reaver + Tyrant + Deceiver = Bloodlust, Sentinel = Frenzy/Undying Wisdom

Equipment:

Hunter: Repeater/Siege Bow, Poison Bola, Grenade (Grenade can deal massive amounts of damage, just takes some time getting used to it, when to throw etc.)

Alchemist: Hand cannon, Light Bomb (Don't use Immolation, it is just not good enough), Fire Wall (Fire Wall + jump through it is perfect for 1v1 situations)

Scout: Swift/Compount bow, Throw Knives, Volley (Trap is a bit too easy to spot to be useful imo)

Prophet: Heavy Pistols, Hex Shot, Life Leech (Sacrifice and Eldritch shield are both good aswell, depends what kind of prophet you play)

Reaver: Sweeping Kick, Choking Haze/Shadow Bomb (Shadow Bomb for higher level games), Shadowstep

Tyrant: Charge/Jump, Slam, Enrage (Ignore Pain is better while getting used to Tyrant)

Sentinel: Abduct, Puncture, Air Strike

Deceiver: Disguise (hold RMB for invisibility), Infect, Shroud

cmstache
13th Nov 2014, 15:01
Keep in mind that I am VASTLY oversimplifying my response here, because honestly, I could write a giant guide about perks and how they all relate to each other and the classes. But, for your purpose, I'll share mine (Keep in mind, I have stats changes on every ability I use, so that might influence my choices too, sometimes significantly.): P.S. Bloodlust and tenacity are both HIGHLY underutilized perks, and can be massive game changers vs certain line-ups.

Scout:
1. Warbow/swift bow, Knives/(on a rare occasion)mark target, Volley/trap/turret, Deadeye/fleetfooted
2. Compound bow/swift bow, turret/trap, knives, Deadeye/tinkerer

Alchemist:
1. Fullbore Cannon, Poison cloud/Flame wall/flamethrower, light bomb, quick-hands
2. Fullbore cannon/ multi-cannon, healing mist/poison cloud, light bomb, tenacity/fleet-footed/quick-hands

Prophet:
1. Heavy pistols, hex shot, disabling curse, tinkerer/deadeye
2. Heavy Pistols/ Piercing pistols/revolver, hex shot/sacrifice, eldritch guard/draining curse

Hunter:
1. Bolt-thrower, poison bola, grenade, deadeye
2. Siege bow, whip, grenade, deadeye

Tyrant:
1. Charge, throw, enrage, bloodlust
2. Jump, Shockwave, enrage, bloodlust/berserker

Reaver:
1. Leap attack, choking haze, haste, nimbleness/bloodlust
2. Savage pounce, smoke bomb/choking haze, shadow-step/haste, bloodlust/berserker

Sentinel: Glad I'm not telling my stats here, because people would be soooooo mad at me. :)
1. Sausage's abduct :thumb: (Along with the "Sausage's iridescent chitin" skin.), puncture, take-off/airstrike, Regeneration/Nimbleness
2. Sausage's abduct, wing gust, take-off, Regeneration

Deceiver:
1. Disguise, infect/backstab, shroud, undying wisdom
2. Dominate mind, infect, illusions, nimbleness

Sanguise23
13th Nov 2014, 17:33
^ now i really want to know your stats Sausage

--Ram--
14th Nov 2014, 05:04
Keep in mind, I have stats changes on every ability I use

I assume and hope that by this you mean the primary abilities and weapons and not literally every ability?

13oundary
14th Nov 2014, 18:22
I assume and hope that by this you mean the primary abilities and weapons and not literally every ability?

I'm not sure about any other time... but when you level an actual class up, at certain intervals (level 5, 10, etc.) you get item boxes that contain abilities that change stats in some way... for example "+5% health -5% stun resist" is what my Tyrant charge is. I am however a very low level.

EDIT:

I'd imagine that the chests that some of the founders packs come with also have similar attributes.

Sanguise23
14th Nov 2014, 19:40
I'm not sure about any other time... but when you level an actual class up, at certain intervals (level 5, 10, etc.) you get item boxes that contain abilities that change stats in some way... for example "+5% health -5% stun resist" is what my Tyrant charge is. I am however a very low level.

EDIT:

I'd imagine that the chests that some of the founders packs come with also have similar attributes.

Yes chest are rare or uncommon, but i think Ram meant abilities like shadow step and choking haze which dont have effects

--Ram--
15th Nov 2014, 06:17
Yes chest are rare or uncommon, but i think Ram meant abilities like shadow step and choking haze which dont have effects

This. Basically wondering if for some reason in the past you could get stats on all the abilities and not just RMBs / weapons.

cmstache
15th Nov 2014, 13:17
No. But its been hinted as a future feature with crafting in the past.

maya11
19th Nov 2014, 04:28
Great guide for beginners! It's not over-whelming with information, but has enough information to get you going. Has tips for new AND old players.

You can check out our latest pass4sure (http://www.pass4sure.co.uk/220-801.html) and 300-135 (http://www.pass4sure.co.uk/300-135.html) exams written by our coloradotech.edu (http://www.coloradotech.edu/) teams

Danatiel
19th Nov 2014, 06:37
I could write a giant guide about perks and how they all relate to each other and the classes.

Go for it then! It would definitely help out new players (myself included, because I don't have as much time for playing as I would like to so I have to be pretty careful of what to buy with gold. Plus it would be just an interesting thing to read in between work :P