PDA

View Full Version : Add bots for practice.

Arydious
12th Oct 2015, 12:45
Something that would go a long way for newer players is the ability to have bots. Bot matches would be good for newer players but I am talking about something different. (We will see how many people read that last part lol)

I often time theory craft things on a map, sometimes I want to see if I can attack a certain spot from different angles etc. However as much as I can be confident with my ability, and say yes that worked. It would be 100% esier if I could just set a body there and confirm it.

Ideally we could give the bots instructions such as move here or shoot anything in site etc. I understand we need to start small though. Please just put the ability to drop bodies on spots to test things. Both vampires and human sides could use it for testing.

Also for the future, being able to program the bots slightly will go a long way. If this got opened up to the steam workshop I imagine there would be a ton of good creation made both for fun and for training. Those sort of player made training maps will then help Nosgoth breakthrough it's current platue of a playerbase, because newer players could learn very valuable skills from these maps.

I hope others can pop in here and show some support.

Vampmaster
13th Oct 2015, 10:29
Not just for practice. Make a full game mode of it with waves of AI that you can hunt down with your teammates. There's still ways to keep that competitive. It could be the player or team who kills the most AI wins or the one that finished first.

akr0nym
13th Oct 2015, 11:25
I like the idea also but I think they should rather fix the current issues first and then move on with further improvement.
A new game mode is a good idea but i assume it takes some time to develop 'intelligent' bots. The tutorial ones aint really competetive :D

ParadoxicalOmen
14th Oct 2015, 21:30
A new game mode is a good idea but i assume it takes some time to develop 'intelligent' bots. The tutorial ones aint really competetive :D

Personally, i'd be ok with a 4v4 mode with "stupid" bots.

Good to test out abilities, combos...and feel good after getting pawned :whistle:

Ygdrasel
15th Oct 2015, 01:20
Sounds like a good idea. I could practice abduction without being pincushioned.

Oghamsmith
16th Oct 2015, 10:51
Certainly an interesting suggestion as far as Nosgoth's long-term development goes. Right now we're focusing on improvements to the elements of the game that are slightly more core to the Nosgoth experience, but bot functionality along the lines of some other top shooters is certainly interesting.

ParadoxicalOmen
16th Oct 2015, 22:13
Certainly an interesting suggestion as far as Nosgoth's long-term development goes. Right now we're focusing on improvements to the elements of the game that are slightly more core to the Nosgoth experience, but bot functionality along the lines of some other top shooters is certainly interesting.

Personally i wouldn't mind you guys making a "bot's practice mode beta" with the AI from the tutorials.

Arydious
16th Oct 2015, 22:29

Ogy,

I understand what you are saying but I think Psyonics needs to realize tutorials are a big part about bringing in new people. With newer games coming out just around the corner Nosgoth might want to really think about making these practice modes out there.

Main thing is being able to practice on stuff.

ParadoxicalOmen
20th Oct 2015, 00:56
Ogy,

I understand what you are saying but I think Psyonics needs to realize tutorials are a big part about bringing in new people. With newer games coming out just around the corner Nosgoth might want to really think about making these practice modes out there.

Main thing is being able to practice on stuff.

Especially taking into count that the majority here are hardcore...that drives away new comers i.m.o., since they get put into hard games and raging teammates that put the blame on them for losing.

A practice mode would be more casual and let new players get better w/o the competitive pressure.

lucinvampire
20th Oct 2015, 12:11
Bots would be good, in a practice mode or an actual game mode :)

Arydious
20th Oct 2015, 12:41
I would like to add more to this topic.

Let's look at the current top genre of gaming "MOBAs" We all know that they are if you don't, well League of Legends and Dota2, your welcome.

Next, they all have some sort of bots or practice mode to enter. I know many new people trying to learn the game can spend weeks in there till they feel comfortable enough to fight players. This is one of the best ways to bring new players into the game.

Lets be serious here, new recruit mode in nosgoth just sets everyone up for failure. In new recruit you learn things like Pounce reaver is viable on NOOBS, or as humans you should all hide in a building, this works because NOOB vampire get blown up upon entrance. A vetran player sees a bunch of humans stacked in a corner of a building, just sees an easy quad kill.

Introducing bots, with varying difficulties would be a great addition. Also like is CSGO in non competitive matches bots could fill spots till a player joins, allowing for more lobbies to be going on and the game to seem a bit more open.

I apologize for the semi rant, but I am just trying to sell this idea, and to really tell everyone why it would be good.

Cheers for everyone else who is addind some constructive feedback to the thread.

Varulven
21st Oct 2015, 00:31
An actual game mode with bots would be nice, so I wouldn't be bothered by those rage kiddies anymore...

lucinvampire
21st Oct 2015, 12:17
I would like to add more to this topic.
Lets be serious here, new recruit mode in nosgoth just sets everyone up for failure. In new recruit you learn things like Pounce reaver is viable on NOOBS, or as humans you should all hide in a building, this works because NOOB vampire get blown up upon entrance. A vetran player sees a bunch of humans stacked in a corner of a building, just sees an easy quad kill.

NR is good, I liked it and it is helpful…well it gave me chance to experiment and try a few different things. I would just like something else though for practice or a mode since that is removed for players after that level and just generally for fun.

An actual game mode with bots would be nice, so I wouldn't be bothered by those rage kiddies anymore...

Oh but they all moved to league :p ….I’m going to jinx it now and say I’ve not had a rager when league is on…if they do tell them to go play it :lol:

Ysanoire
21st Oct 2015, 16:28
Practice mode has been requested for a very long time. It's always been low on the priority list, but I do hope it's going to be implemented at some point. Would be very useful.