PDA

View Full Version : POLL: Which AI ideas do you like to see in the game?

DrStephenMeyer
12th Oct 2015, 08:03
Since the game is coming out real soon this could be like a patch or update in the future? But its good to let the dev team know what you think!

I think it will really good that apart from making dying harder the AI difficulty should also be an option to choose.
Games like STALKER has very good AI even though its an old game.

Its not to make the game become impossible to finish but to challenge players to new ways of combat so they will think they are playing with a real player! So it means you can play the map endlessly even though its the same map the fun will be in outsmarting the AI! You want to play it over and over because the AI just do different things!

Unlike Far Cry, however, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. contains a world full of wildlife, and these creatures are more than just window dressing. In fact, GSC tells us that their behavior is just as important as that of the NPCs and humanoid enemies. Every creature considers its environment, considers you, and considers the situation based on how you're equipped. From there, it decides on the "fight or flight" we hear so much about on the Discovery Channel. It reached a point where the game world is living and dynamic, instead of just waiting for you to appear to trigger specific, scripted events.

In addition to situational awareness, each creature in the game deals with the two basic desires of food and rest. The hungrier a creature is, the more aggressive it will be towards you. After feeding (hopefully not on you), it will either rest or wander its area. Every creature in the game has its territory, defined mostly by habitat. "&#Array;For instance, rats prefer basements, ruins or dumps, while blind dogs adore roaming down valleys and forests."

However, a creature won't attack you simply because it's hungry. That situational awareness kicks in, and "&#Array;the enemy type, number, condition, armament, distance to opponent and so on are taken into account." If the creature decides it has the advantage, or that it has no choice but to fight, then it's on.

And I think this is what Deus ex is aiming for with cluttering the world and giving it deep immersion. They have their lives. It does not need to have horrid creature but just the mechanic of AI having its own agender in the game. You could just follow the AI and see what it does! :)

Or it could stalk you and when your not looking it can kill you. :)

There is another game where you are also stalk and your alone but the interaction with this AI is so realistic, it has like a human sense of where you are and stalk you like a predator would. It does not teleport or do things that is just unrealistic.

Then there are other games with Ai that has personality! They hold a deep hatred to you and will remember you next time!

I created a poll so please vote if you like the AI to be like this for the game base on these options? You can multi vote and choose which options you like! And voting is restricted to only once.

Thanks if you can vote on this!
http://vote.pollcode.com/13115354

1. I like the AI to be smart that has its own life and is dynamic and not just scripted.
2. Having an option for the player so they can turn on AI learning?
3. AI learning should be an option base on difficulty setting?
4. AI options should be a separate option and not tied into the difficulty settings?
5. Have the AI act like a human but no super bot! So flanking, going for cover, adapting like players.

6. Option so after each failed attempt in a game the AI learn players tricks and adapt!
So if player climbs through vents the AI will be more prepared for those attacks? So players will need to mix up tactic like playing chess so player will always have upper hand! Chess does not get boring so it should not get boring either with this style of play. And if players do not like they can turn it off?

7. AI do not learn after each fail attempt only learns while playing.
8. Just AI being realistic and no learning.
9. No I don't want any of it!

DrStephenMeyer
14th Oct 2015, 05:24
Some updates so please vote and let the developer know we want it in the game!

Ai scaling in the game!
https://twitter.com/deusex/status/632279289363329025

xaduha3
14th Oct 2015, 19:34
First of all, have you played any previous games? Human Revolution at least?

Secondly, you are a bit late with this, game is nearing its release.

Thirdly, developers never bothered to listen to us all these years, so... Fill in the blanks.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
14th Oct 2015, 23:48
Thirdly, developers never bothered to listen to us all these years...
Not entirely true.

Cyberhuman
15th Oct 2015, 07:04
I've always wanted to see more intelligent AI in games.

I would support an option where if you turn on higher difficulty the AI becomes more dynamic and deceptive. I would like to see them tweak the alert level for enemies when you're spotted. The harder enemies should never casually resume their patrols after they've just spotted you, but can't find you - even if they can't find you they should stay permanently on guard to make it more difficult for you to sneak around later - suitable for Give me Deus Ex.

DrStephenMeyer
16th Oct 2015, 01:26
First of all, have you played any previous games? Human Revolution at least?

Secondly, you are a bit late with this, game is nearing its release.

Thirdly, developers never bothered to listen to us all these years, so... Fill in the blanks.

Its why we are here to give ideas! Look at the wish list this is just something to see if everybody wants it. I already said in my post that game is going to be release. So this could be in the future so join in the fun of voting!

I have not said that Deus is just bad and I can do better just some ideas! :)

Thanks to Lady of the Vine that we got confirmation that developer do listen! Actually they did listen and took down the pre orders because fan did not like it. :)

I've always wanted to see more intelligent AI in games.

I would support an option where if you turn on higher difficulty the AI becomes more dynamic and deceptive. I would like to see them tweak the alert level for enemies when you're spotted. The harder enemies should never casually resume their patrols after they've just spotted you, but can't find you - even if they can't find you they should stay permanently on guard to make it more difficult for you to sneak around later - suitable for Give me Deus Ex.

I was thinking about the difficulty and did not like it where you can change setting from easy to hard. As making it hard means that the Ai just become more like a superbot.

If there is difficulty settings like Hard then what it should mean is that the AI has taken alot of experience from all the players they have played. And will use that to its advantage in the game. So AI will go actively searching for the players change location just do things it has learnt from other players. :) And that really should make the challenge very interesting!

If there was no difficulty setting and you turn on the AI learning then there is steady progression when the player plays the AI. So after each around the AI gets harder. So if players want it hard then leave learning on for each play and the Ai will learn each time. This kind of play will be very interesting as all these ideas have not been brought into one game! :(

Learning is not base on how perfect their shots are and as they learn they also adapt and change inventory from how hard the player is playing. So its like scaling the AI. :)

Also I mention Stalker because it won the awarded of having a good AI in the game! :) And other games just have not done so well.

68_pie
16th Oct 2015, 12:58
Not entirely true.

If he means forum users then it's true.

Lady_Of_The_Vine
16th Oct 2015, 13:05
Can you elaborate.