PDA

View Full Version : Tyrant Really Sucks! (In a Terrible way)

paleknight1
6th Nov 2014, 02:33
Well been playing some more of the game again since the two classes that got added in sadly the Tyrant needs to be beefed up some. The builds for this class are incredibly horrendous Berserk only works if your damaged and even if you get damaged you die before you can even attack or anything really move or anything even duration sucks on it 7 seconds ain't ****. The 300 health barely or makes any difference being shot by every weapon known to man even though he is meant to soak up damage it feels like he takes way too much damage and doesn't have enough health even the perk doesn't help. This character needs some stat boosting he is way too weak to use at all beef up abilities or something or give him 100 more health. Seriously he can't do jack at all!

--Ram--
6th Nov 2014, 04:13
Too many people see the tyrant as a tank who is able to run into a team and "tank" while your team kills them. While ignore pain is up you are tanky however also likely to be ignored (unless your opponents are bad in which case they will focus you anyway), this ability should be called "ignore me". It is still good for escaping and regaining health and re-initiating, or for forcing the team to acquire another target while you stand in their face and body block all their shots. I would advise not using berserk until you are very proficient with the tyrant and are playing with a good team (or against a bad one).

Any time ignore pain is not up you are squishy as hell. The extra hitpoints are basically cancelled out by the fact that you have a giant hitbox and move like a grandma. Newer players have a tendency to choose tyrant and suicide him for the greater good of the team - this is not actually helping. Try to play tyrant like any other class and ditch the tank mentality. He isn't useless at least in pub games. A charge/leap -> ground slam combo is devastating vs tightly clustered pubbers if your team is in position to capitalize.

Have yet to try tyrant in a scrim environment so can't comment on that.

Khalith
6th Nov 2014, 04:24
He isn't useless at least in pub games. Have yet to try tyrant in a scrim environment so can't comment on that.

1-2 Tyrants will wreck the average pub lobby. I can't tell you how many games I've played where I'll use Jump then pop Ignore pain when I land and the entire human team will use all their cooldowns on me, bolas, banish, life drain, and knives all at once. So when I retreat with ignore pain up and the rest of my team attacks, the humans are without their cd's, one more jump attack right after usually finishes them off as well.

Against an organized team though Tyrant is nowhere near as effective most of the time. With reavers and deceivers a single Tyrant can play disruption (jump and ground slam), meat shield (standing between the humans and an ally so they can drag a body behind cover and feed or standing in front of a retreating ally to soak the damage), or using the single target lock down build (charge + throw).

riccetto80
6th Nov 2014, 08:43
Try to play tyrant like any other class and ditch the tank mentality. He isn't useless at least in pub games. A charge/leap -> ground slam combo is devastating vs tightly clustered pubbers if your team is in position to capitalize.

http://i.imgur.com/8fI7rdp.gif

Seriously people... what kind of advice is this??

play as tyrant like other class mean be 0 for team, tyrant is too slow to reach fight zone fast, and is stoo slow to hit and run... is a tank...

his only and good way to use is attack and let enemy shoot at you while use ignore paine... consume most of enemy ammo, and left your team kill more easily the enemy after they empty all what they have on you... and to damage a enemy team who stay all in few square meter...

play is "like any other class" is like buy a tank and use it like an ordinary family car, lol...

Archsaint
6th Nov 2014, 12:17
I agree with riccetto80, the Tyrant is very slow and a huge target and cannot truly be played as the other classes. He’s sold as a tank but he’s not really a tank. Lore says “The Tyrants are the frontline shock troops of the Vampire legions” which sounds scary. But experienced players will ignore a Tyrant when he activates Ignore Pain (I know I don’t waste my precious bolas and explosive shots). Tyrants are also the easiest for me to kill 1 v 1, especially with an Alchemist. It’s quite boring to just stand in the midst of the enemy and soak up damage, and also doesn’t make sense. Why would he do that?

Suggestion: Ignore Pain soaks up something like 86% damage and doesn’t allow you to attack. Create a new ability for the Tyrant that gives him 40% damage absorption but still allows him to attack. This would make him more tank-like, but only for a limited time (same duration).

mauvo58
6th Nov 2014, 12:40
Why must there be a "tank" in the game. The tyrant has a collection of abilities, attributes and attacks that you can use to try to win, same as every other class. I don't see the need for Nosgoth to try to fit some cookie cutter mold of "tanks", "DPS" and "AoE" characters. By all means use the Tyrant to tank, but don't let that fixation stop you from using him for other purposes such as disruption or hit'n'run.

Vampmaster
6th Nov 2014, 13:03
Why must there be a "tank" in the game. The tyrant has a collection of abilities, attributes and attacks that you can use to try to win, same as every other class. I don't see the need for Nosgoth to try to fit some cookie cutter mold of "tanks", "DPS" and "AoE" characters. By all means use the Tyrant to tank, but don't let that fixation stop you from using him for other purposes such as disruption or hit'n'run.

^^This. What he could do with though is moves to compensate for his lack of maneuverability. Perhaps to temporarily increase his melee range or draw enemies within his existing range. Maybe like a telekinetic Tug of War type ability.

--Ram--
6th Nov 2014, 13:23

play as tyrant like other class mean be 0 for team, tyrant is too slow to reach fight zone fast, and is stoo slow to hit and run... is a tank...

his only and good way to use is attack and let enemy shoot at you while use ignore paine... consume most of enemy ammo, and left your team kill more easily the enemy after they empty all what they have on you... and to damage a enemy team who stay all in few square meter...

play is "like any other class" is like buy a tank and use it like an ordinary family car, lol...

Almost everything you say here is assuming we are a bad player who is playing against other bad players. Any half decent player will instantly ignore you after ignore pain pops, they will not waste 1 bullet. Sure you can then sit on their face and soak up some bullets, but if you are still in the midst of the humans "tanking" when ignore pain runs out, you may just be a free kill.

Leap can be used to quickly get in and out of battles. Charge can be used to disrupt a team and then break line of sight before it ends. Ignore pain is a reliable escape so you can hit and run and potentially refresh cooldowns

When i said play like other classes I pretty much meant value your life and do as much damage as possible but don't always commit to fighting until death. Noob tyrants feel that this is the appropriate way to play while they may not when playing other classes. I'm not saying never do it but be smart about it.

Sanguise23
6th Nov 2014, 14:04
Almost everything you say here is assuming we are a bad player who is playing against other bad players. Any half decent player will instantly ignore you after ignore pain pops, they will not waste 1 bullet. Sure you can then sit on their face and soak up some bullets, but if you are still in the midst of the humans "tanking" when ignore pain runs out, you may just be a free kill.

Leap can be used to quickly get in and out of battles. Charge can be used to disrupt a team and then break line of sight before it ends. Ignore pain is a reliable escape so you can hit and run and potentially refresh cooldowns

When i said play like other classes I pretty much meant value your life and do as much damage as possible but don't always commit to fighting until death. Noob tyrants feel that this is the appropriate way to play while they may not when playing other classes. I'm not saying never do it but be smart about it.
QFT, tyrant is not so bad, thought i would have a tough time getting him to 25 but it was very fun he takes getting used to but i often lead my team when solo cueing with him (its against premades hes real hard, but still usable)

Youkai01
6th Nov 2014, 16:34
tyrants are awesome they just take time to get used to, u can't initiate combat with a tyrant like most people assume, you will just get destroyed and wont hit anything because you make it easy for them to dodge, instead bide some time, u need to make your main attack count due to the fact the tyrant has the highest damage potential with its main attacks because of aoe potential this coupled with groundslam/shockwave adds for stuns making it great at assisting allies,

ignore pain and the tyrants increased health gives the impression it is a tank/initiator but this is false, ignore pain can be useful for blocking attacks but whilst active your team is effectively in a 3vs4

basically focus on making sure you land your main attack be it jump or charge and get some practice with the tyrants melee attacks they are the toughest to aim right but when enraged and running berserk i have done 700 damage on a single charged melee attack.

ApollosBow
6th Nov 2014, 20:13
I agree, an extra hundred health would be a godsend, most teams im on never play as a tyrant, usually a mix of sentinels and reavers or deceivers...

Aggggh
7th Nov 2014, 15:35

Wrong. 99% of the time when you have ignore pain up you will get ignored. And even then, you can still die very quickly if enough humans focus fire on you. The tyrant's strength isn't in his ability to tank, it's in his stuns and CCs. All of his attacks are infinitely more effective and helpful to your team mates when you land them in the middle of a fight.

TeeSin
8th Nov 2014, 05:43
IMO , tyrant should go in in the middle of the fight lol . Since it open combat skills are so easy to predict or dodge ... just like Agggh said :)) . But no one would react fast enough to a flying rocks fell down from sky or a tyrant raming in :p

Kabalite
8th Nov 2014, 13:41
I would suggest that the Tyrant should be able to use ability's while using "Ignore Pain". Therefor: Ignore Pain>Charge>Stun. Tyrant is able to initiate with instantly dieing but is unable to attack, and will need to rely on the teams follow up.

Rago600
8th Nov 2014, 20:57
I Really love the Tyrant, its is may Class.Right not im leveling the Other stuff up.
I never use Ignore Pain, the Tyrant can really Turn the Tide on a Rush with the Team, Especially using Maraton and Throw.
On Rage he does enough Damage as Compensation for the Lost Health because you get shot.
Of Course there Will be Idiots that Call you a "kill stealer" at Least imo we are a Team.

The Tyrant is a Great Thing ! With a Good Team knocked down enemys can easy be grabt from the Air, and attackt by fast Reavers.
He can be used as Tank, doable but not a easy thing to do especially with skilled Enemys.

KrazeyXII
8th Nov 2014, 22:01
I've explained this in detail before so I'll make this short. My tyrant is lvl 25 for reference.

Tyrant is primarily the initiator of the vampires. Reavers jumping in and out is not initiating because they don't remain in the fight, that is harassment and people need to learn this. The reavers ability to do harassment damage, huge primary damage, escape instantly, and return in six seconds to repeat the cycle is another problem entirely.

The tyrant is arguably one of the weaker vampire classes after you've learned them. They are great in a pub stomp but weak in even semi-organized play.

People us IP wrong. Your goal is to force as many crowd controls and bullets on you as possible before you activate IP. When IP is active your job is to body block for your teammates to absorb bullets and extra CC that wasn't used.

When a tyrant is using enrage their play style transitions from initiator and tank to initiator and dps. The difference with enrage is that instead of absorbing CC your goal is to avoid it and deal damage. Your primary job, however, is to get as much damage as possible out on the enemy team in your initial charge/leap, the rest is bonus damage.

The primary issue with the tyrant is the fact that you can be killed or rendered useless before you actually reach the enemy team if the human side is competent. Charge provides a very strong audio cue which allows humans to know where to shoot the second they hear it. Leap doesn't give as large of an audio tell but you can be seen very easily. The worst part about leap is that if you're against a good prophet then there is almost no point in using leap because banish renders the ability useless. By the time the banish hits you and you hit the ground you are dead. I want to say bola does this too but it hasn't happened in recent memory so I can't comment on it.

The tyrant needs two quality of life changes to be a good choice. First, they need to be able to complete their damage during leap if CC'd or not. Allow the banish to land but also allow the impact damage to go off. The tyrant will still be unable to use abilities but the initial leap wasn't completely wasted. Second, provide some form of damage reduction for the tyrant when charging. It's already incredibly easy to dodge a charging tyrant but being able to tee off on them before the last second roll is a painful experience. Have the damage reduction be a frontal cone in front of the tyrant, if being fired on from the rear then allow those shots to do full damage.

There are some huge class imbalances in the game right now but the tyrant isn't in that category. This class simply needs some help surviving their own engagements.

PencileyePirate
9th Nov 2014, 01:59
In all honesty I think Tyrant is just fine after the movement speed buffs a month or so ago. He's still tricky to use effectively, but I disagree that he needs help surviving engagements at this point.

Also, Tyrants using enrage should not be initiating at all; they're better off attacking mid-fight.

Mayhzon
9th Nov 2014, 17:53
I will only say this - 4 Player Tyrant Leaping Team...

Try it, it's the ultimate pubstar pubstomp Combo :)

xBaseLine
11th Nov 2014, 05:40
Well to play Tyran definitly is hard. (Just in my Case :P)
I started to train it with Ignore Pain and Charge. Until you get a feeling on how long hes running, how fast you can turn , when to go in etc pp. ill changed my loadout to Enrage/charge and Shockwave or Ground Slam. Its for sure hard against good Players, but you deal mass of Dmg and your team got a easier round to kill the Humans. (lvl 25 Tyran reporting in)