PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

Pages : [1] 2

CxplorerV3
26th Jul 2012, 17:05
"PS4" Upgrade Campaign (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/pr/ps4/ps3_users/)

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn PlayStation®4 Upgrade Campaign
Users currently playing FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn on PlayStation®3 are eligible to upgrade to the PlayStation®4 version starting April 11, 2014.
* Purchase of the PlayStation®4 version is not required to upgrade. Please be aware that after transferring to the PlayStation®4 you will be unable to play using your current copy of the PlayStation®3 version.
* Please note that after completion, the upgrade process cannot be undone.
* Users may upgrade free of charge via the Mog Station.
* Users must first register the PlayStation®3 version to their FINAL FANTASY XIV service account before upgrading.
* Upon completing the upgrade process, a PlayStation®4 system will be required to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn.
* All FINAL FANTASY XIV service account data including characters and in-game items will be carried over upon upgrading to the PlayStation®4 version.
* Users who wish to play on both the PlayStation®3 and PlayStation®4 must purchase a separate copy of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn for the PlayStation®4.
* The upgrade campaign will be offered from April 11, 2014 until December 31, 2014.
-----------------------------------------

I bought FFXIV*(pc download version) on the website a few months ago and I dont see the option to redownload it. Can someone tell me where can I redownload it? I dont want to pay 2 times for it.

CxplorerV3
27th Jul 2012, 06:11
52 views and no replies........ Anyway, this is the last time I buy from Square-Enix! I mean,when I buy a game from Steam or Blizzard,I can easily redownload purchase that I made online.

Very dissapointed! Square-Enix doesn't know how to market their games via download!

Dekkarra
27th Jul 2012, 08:16
52 views and no replies........ Anyway, this is the last time I buy from Square-Enix! I mean,when I buy a game from Steam or Blizzard,I can easily redownload purchase that I made online.

Very dissapointed! Square-Enix doesn't know how to market their games via download!

There should have been a link contained within your e-mail receipt to get your download started.

If there is no download link, you can use the following link: support.jp.square-enix.com/ffxiv/downloa... (https://support.jp.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download.php) (NOTE: You need a valid SQUARE ENIX Account (http://account.square-enix.com) to download). Make sure you have at least 15GB of space of your hard drive for this download, as the files will need to be un-zipped, and then installed.

Hope that helps!

member_10601716
27th Jul 2012, 09:09
Thank you. I was going through the same thing as Dekkarra.

CxplorerV3
27th Jul 2012, 09:16
Thanks guys. I wish that Square-Enix would have a more conveniant way to re download the game. Someone who plays the game for the first time will be lost in this mess! Anyways....

narutoeye
5th Aug 2012, 16:45
just wanted to try the game but when i put i my registration code in it says in use wondering if you guys no what to do or if you guys have a buddy pass or something

Angel.C
17th Aug 2012, 16:01
Ok so we heard that final fantasy xiv is having a 2.0 patch that is going to be a lot like xi... can i reactivate my account with xiv?

member_10319511
17th Aug 2012, 20:31
Also, do previous Final Fantasy XIV subscribes have to purchase the new version of the game?

member_10577428
27th Aug 2012, 18:40
those are both good question I'd like to know that answer to.

bump

Mr.Anderson
3rd Sep 2012, 13:25
Also, do previous Final Fantasy XIV subscribes have to purchase the new version of the game?

kotaku.com/5939173/sink-or-swim-this-man... (http://kotaku.com/5939173/sink-or-swim-this-man-deserves-a-medal-for-his-work-on-final-fantasy-14-a-realm-reborn)

In conclusion: No need to repurchase.

robotman5
13th Oct 2012, 18:43
if we own this do we also get 2.0 for free as an update? or do we have to buy FFXIV again? (i just bought FFXIV retail today and didn't realize i couldn't make a new account).

Popcicle
24th Oct 2012, 12:29
You will in fact get FINAL FANTASY XIV A Realm Reborn free as an update.

member_10664738
8th Nov 2012, 14:41
so i bought my FF14 CE copy 2 years ago & i only lasted for 3 months playing on it. Im not gonna enumerate its short-comings but you already knew what it was. But one reason i quit because my laptop didnt run good w/ a minimum settings. Now that i already got a dependable gaming desktop, i think im gonna try this game once more. My questions are:
1. Do i have to repurchase another copy to play this game?
2. If not, do i still purchase subscription for 1st month or we have a grace period to try this game some more for few months of trial?
3. I haven't tried to purchase a subscription but can i buy UGC for the subscription? if not, is it available in US where i don't have to pay via credit card? I really prefer prepaid
4. I'm not sure if there will be server wipe but is there will be a brand new server where everyone starts fresh?
5. What did they change on fighting mechanics?
6. Does this game still have that VERY long grind for parts on better gears? farming for parts in a month alone was tiring
7. Is vending still the same?

Bhalditar
9th Nov 2012, 16:12
#1: No, you don't have to re-purchase FINAL FANTASY XIV nor FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN to be able to play the game. When the game officially launches, you'll be able to download the new client for the game through your exisiting service account. This service account is your login you used previously, and the one that has FINAL FANTASY XIV registered to it.

#2: When we get closer to the launch of A REALM REBORN, Square Enix will likely let us know if we'll need to sign up for a subscription right away to play. I believe there are plans for a free trial without an active subscription, but it's a bit early at this point. Definitely check back in unless Square Enix provides you an update themselves.

#3: I'm vaguely familiar with UGC, but when we get closer to A REALM REBORN's launch -- expect Square Enix to detail what different payment methods you'll be able to use for your subscription. I'll see if I can get an answer for you in the meantime though!

#4: All of the pre-existing data for any character you had on FINAL FANTASY XIV (save for ones you deleted yourself) was saved on November 1st, 2012. That snapshot of your character(s) progress will be carried over to A REALM REBORN. That includes experience, items, quest progress, achievements, so on and so forth.

#5: The battle system itself has been reworked to better suit the game's new engine. It will be more responsive, meaning that executing abilities when the cooldown expires (or when abilities are ready) will happen instantly. The exception are abilities like Fire or Cure which will start a charge timer that will be visible on your screen. The new mouse and keyboard setup will let you maneuver between mobs and select allies and enemies a lot easier as well. Simply put: a lot of performance upgrades! Square Enix has been putting up videos from the Alpha version of the game recently, and I don't doubt they'll show one of the improved battle system and its mechanics. So stay tuned for that as we get closer to launch!

#6: Well, from what I understand, a lot of the top level Artifact gear will still require effort to collect. Artifact gear you may remember is the gear that makes you look like your Job (Paladin, Black Mage, Dragoon, and so on).

#7: I assume by "vending" you mean vendoring items -- please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. Vendoring items will be a bit different since the game's interface is getting entirely redone. You probably remember having to select items from a list, selecting what amount to sell, confirming to sell (which took a few seconds for the server to check), and then finally getting your gil. With the new interface in A REALM REBORN, you'll be able to sell things off quickly with one or two commands. From the footage that was shown in Letter from the Producer Live #3, you'll be able to drag and drop items from your inventory to a vendor's inventory -- but I assume you'll be able to click to instantly sell items as well. It won't be a headache as it was earlier on in Version 1.0.

Hope that answers some of you questions for now -Q.Q-!

You may also want to check out the offical FINAL FANTASY XIV Lodestone webpage because they often update with information regarding subscriptions and payment options -- so keep an eye on that over the next several months. Here's the link: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.h... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/index.html)

If you also want to read up on the tons of changes FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN will bring, here are some helpful links:

Message from the team, and documents showing what will change for A REALM REBORN: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/teaser/index.html)

Information about how FINAL FANTASY XIV will transition into FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN, including character data and game content: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=f4c54db8e776c513e8e95780421693aa28b24b57)

The official FINAL FANTASY XIV and A REALM REBORN YouTube channel where you can see some of the changes that are coming in video form! www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV (http://www.youtube.com/user/FINALFANTASYXIV)

Additionally, for quick updates on A REALM REBORN, you can follow @FF_XIV_EN and @SQEX_Members_NA on Twitter!

member_10675661
11th Dec 2012, 12:26
Thank you so much, I had PC version and couldn't find my discs, now I can download and play!

member_10224768
7th Jan 2013, 06:03
Do I need to buy it again or will I be able to play it with my current account?

member_10411476
7th Jan 2013, 23:14
i was going to ask the same. but, most likely no. we will just have to d/l the entire thing when it's near release.

member_10224768
13th Jan 2013, 20:49
I went ahead and reinstalled it, it updated to this year (from the look of the install filenames) and then simply says I'm not authorised. I guess if I get into the beta it will let me in then. Very excited.

member_10315986
16th Jan 2013, 22:26
I went ahead and reinstalled it, it updated to this year (from the look of the install filenames) and then simply says I'm not authorised. I guess if I get into the beta it will let me in then. Very excited.

You don't need to buy the PC version again. Also, you're not going to be able to use the old client, so you might as well uninstall it.

FERRAINO09
1st Feb 2013, 06:50
this is seriously the most inconvenient service I've ever used. Having the same problem. I purchased FFVII and it was running fine, but then it decided to randomly uninstall over night. So I figured that like every other game service I use (ie; Blizzard, Steam, etc), I could just get on and look at my purchases an redownload. And I can't even use that link in the post above because for some reason it isn't accepting my account information. I could be mistaken but that link is asking for the square enix account information I am currently using correct?

Sorry for the rant, but it's frustrating when you make a purchase and then have to deal with a subpar service like this website. Square needs to just do us all a favor and make this available on Steam where it's a little more customer friendly.

member_10329663
1st Feb 2013, 14:13
A few concerns regarding the upcoming launch of FFXIV: RR:

Will current owners of PC FFXIV need to purchase FFXIV: Realm Reborn or will it be an update?

When Realm Reborn is released, if you already own it on PC, will you get a free copy, either via mail or download for PS3?

Will there FINALLY be Manthras? :D

Thanks!

LOYAL FF FAN

superelliott-413059
1st Feb 2013, 17:41
I forgot where I read it, but yes, I believe current/past subscribers will get a free update to ARR for PC. If you'd like the PS3 version I believe you will have to purchase that separate, as it's for a different platform.

And yes! Male Miqo'te are featured in the Alpha and Beta character creation screens, as well as female Roegadyn :)

member_10329663
1st Feb 2013, 17:47
AWE... SOME...

Goma999
1st Feb 2013, 18:35
A few concerns regarding the upcoming launch of FFXIV: RR:

Will current owners of PC FFXIV need to purchase FFXIV: Realm Reborn or will it be an update?

When Realm Reborn is released, if you already own it on PC, will you get a free copy, either via mail or download for PS3?

Will there FINALLY be Manthras? :D

Thanks!

LOYAL FF FAN

1. Yes if you own Version 1.0 and it's registerd here and have account with version 1.0 you will get it for free of charge. Weather if you buy regular edition or LE you will get eather but I' think degital for regular edition LE might be mail in if it come's with any physical items.

2. there will male miqote, along with female galkas

3. if your a legacy member you jump in beta soon as it's stars.

NecraMancie
3rd Feb 2013, 11:01
This is seriously the most inconvenient service I've ever used.

I have to agree 100%. You have any idea how many hours I spent last night just trying to make my PlayOnline account so I could play FFXI? Two and a half hours. That's how long I spent checking everything on this site and the other site. It was disgusting how it took me damn near three -- THREE -- hours just to get a PlayOnline account and link it to my SquareEnix profile. And then the Content IDs... don't get me started trying to figure out that I had to buy CHARACTERS, which are the same as Content IDs.

SquareEnix... your service sucks. Flat-out. It just sucks. I am finally downloading FFXI's updates... after a long morning of hunting the sites and quadrupile checking EVERYTHING!

Gentlebeast1120
1st Apr 2013, 11:32
i hate to be a bother but i am a new member of the sqare enix site and in my over excitment at having a code to get into the FFXIV ARR i used it before making my account and now is invalid when i try to attach it to my account, it is a valid card since the game was brand new when bought so no prblm there, is there a way to fix this or contact support, thx for any feedback

Gerzzog
26th Apr 2013, 20:32
My friend was looking through his box of games and found a collectors edition of Final Fantasy XIV and gave it to me. I was curious if there was any benefit to having unused codes for the origianl now that A Realm reborn is coming out. I know they have locked account creation and code redemption, but I was curious if when things go live again would there be a reason to hold on to those unused codes? Are the codes completly useless now?

member_10654382
27th Apr 2013, 10:14
I've also been wondering this as I purchased the collectors edition before FFXIV launched & cancelled my account 3 weeks after launch due to the game's condition. I was hoping that I would get something out of it myself, as well.

Although the box does look nice on the shelf above my desk. /tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-laughing.gif

member_10654382
29th Apr 2013, 21:04
Apparently, those of us who purchased FFXIV 1.0 will be able to DL ARR for free. This is excellent news if it is true.

I have to admit that I am impressed with the way SE has handled what was a negative situation, turning it into something that MMO players are getting excited about again.

I look forward to future details.

member_10205979
7th May 2013, 22:07
So i bought the CE of 14 when it came out and played it for a few months. some stuff happened i stopped playing and im now returning to see this new 14 beta. so my question is what is happening to us original players? do we have to rebuy a new game? do we get dibs on beta stuff? tried looking it up and havent been able to find anything, just like rumors.

Leaferian-379423
7th May 2013, 23:10
So i bought the CE of 14 when it came out and played it for a few months. some stuff happened i stopped playing and im now returning to see this new 14 beta. so my question is what is happening to us original players? do we have to rebuy a new game? do we get dibs on beta stuff? tried looking it up and havent been able to find anything, just like rumors.

People that bought the game and already have accounts should be able to download the game again for free. I don't think they've said yet exactly how you go about doing this though, because we're still in the middle of the ARR beta. They've also said people who bought the Crystal Edition should be getting the items from the ARR Crystal Edition. You won't get the 'early access' to ARR unless you preorder a CE copy of A Realm Reborn or are one of the Legacy Members who paid for XIV during the transitional period, but you should still get the items/a download of the game. More details will be released as we get closer to launch.

member_10205979
8th May 2013, 09:50
so i guess i would be considered a legacy member. at least i hope. guess il see how it all pans out. sucks tho because ive been itching to play some 14 really bad. maybe il see if i cant bring my 11 back up

Leaferian-379423
8th May 2013, 14:23
so i guess i would be considered a legacy member. at least i hope. guess il see how it all pans out. sucks tho because ive been itching to play some 14 really bad. maybe il see if i cant bring my 11 back up

That would depend on how long you paid for the game's service, and when you paid for it. It sounds like you quit really early, since you didn't even know about ARR. in November 2011, after the game had been free-to-play for about a year following the failed first release, the game went back to a by-subscription basis as they prepared for the reinvented 'A Realm Reborn' version. In early 2012 they revealed their Legacy program, which would allow anyone who paid for at least three months of service up untuil the 1.0 (original XIV) version shut down to achieve a special Legacy status for their account. The company pasted banners and advertisements all across the net, and sent out tons of emails regarding the program. The perks for achieving Legacy status were a guaranteed spot somewhere in the closed Beta, a permanently discounted subscription fee for ARR (three or four dollars less I believe), and a Chocobo mount. This has been extended to include the 8-day early access I believe, but I'm not sure. It really doesn't matter too much, as the period between the open Beta and the game's release isn't likely to be very long.

member_10294233
8th May 2013, 16:17
I remember reading that only legacy members would be getting a discounted monthly fee somewhere and you had to be a paying customer for 90 days between some certain dates.

To me that just feels like they are turning their backs on everyone who even bought the game the first time to try it. There's no way I'm gonna pay anything more than someone else monthly for the game after supporting them the first time, even if it wasn't during those specific dates.

Everyone who had an original account before reborn is a part of their legacy whether or not they admit it or not. You wanna show the people who were with you all the way up till the last minute some special service then give them something in game that shows it, not a smaller monthly fee.

I dunno still feel somewhat betrayed, its possible that what I read wasn't even true. I think I remember reading something about a specialized chocobo mount too.

I also heard that anyone who played FFXI for a certain amount of time wasn't allowed in the reborn beta. I signed up for the reborn beta, I may have just not been selected and I'm OK with that... But if the ffxi statement is true, thats pretty dumb... Why turn your back on loyal customers like that?

I got alot to say but this thread probably isn't the place to say it all, probably won't amount to anything really either.

Leaferian-379423
8th May 2013, 19:54
I remember reading that only legacy members would be getting a discounted monthly fee somewhere and you had to be a paying customer for 90 days between some certain dates.

To me that just feels like they are turning their backs on everyone who even bought the game the first time to try it. There's no way I'm gonna pay anything more than someone else monthly for the game after supporting them the first time, even if it wasn't during those specific dates.

Everyone who had an original account before reborn is a part of their legacy whether or not they admit it or not. You wanna show the people who were with you all the way up till the last minute some special service then give them something in game that shows it, not a smaller monthly fee.

I dunno still feel somewhat betrayed, its possible that what I read wasn't even true. I think I remember reading something about a specialized chocobo mount too.

I also heard that anyone who played FFXI for a certain amount of time wasn't allowed in the reborn beta. I signed up for the reborn beta, I may have just not been selected and I'm OK with that... But if the ffxi statement is true, thats pretty dumb... Why turn your back on loyal customers like that?

I got alot to say but this thread probably isn't the place to say it all, probably won't amount to anything really either.

As I said above, Legacy members get a discounted monthly price. However, the ARR team has always had chunk payment plans (3 months, 6 months, a year) on the table, where paying for so much at a time results in a discounted price. The exact pricings haven't been decided, but to my knowledge legacy members aren't getting any discounts on chunk pricing. So, say you could purchase two years for $200 (made up numbers, obviously). A Legacy and regular member would both have to pay $200. The discount is, according to current information, for the by-month price only.

They are not turning their backs on you, not at all. They asked people to start paying for the service, and eventually instituted the Legacy program as both a reward for those who were already paying and an incentive for new players to sign up and pay for the 1.0 version of the game. Again, as I said above the team advertised this across many websites and sent out emails to most (if not all) of the accounts which were tied to the 1.0 version promoting this special offer. All of the rewards were made known up front, and as long as you paid for 90s days (3 months) of service you got the Legacy status. They even allowed people to show up and buy 90 days of service right up to the last day of the promotion (just before 1.0 ended); You didn't even have to actually play. Anyone who bought 1.0 is supposed to get a digital copy of ARR for free, too, so if someone bought the game and then didn't pay for the service later they're still getting the game. They're not being cheated out of anything if they chose not to participate.

Legacy members are getting a Chocobo mount, but there are no details on whether this mount has special stats or a unique look. As far as is currently known, they simply get to have a Chocobo without doing the quest to earn a Chocobo. It's possible that this isn't even for all of your characters, as the details haven't been finalized as far as Square Enix has made us aware.

The thing about FFXI is absolutely not true. I'm a beta tester myself, and I played XI for a little under a year. I've seen scores of people on the beta forums who are longtime XI players, at least one of which feels the need to tell people constantly about how they "have been playing XI for over 7 years" and complain that XIV isn't enough like XI. The beta testing pools are decided pretty much at random, but are based partly the specs of your PC and (if what I'm told is true) your physical location. They try to make sure they've got as diverse a pool as possible, but otherwise there's no particular damning factors that I know of.

And yes, this thread is probably not the place to post your thoughts. It's a simple question thread, and the mods here are pretty strict about going off topic. I'd suggest you make your own thread if you need to have your opinions heard, and not respond here.

member_10079783
9th May 2013, 12:39
The dev. team has already announced that owners of the original CE box will be receiving a nifty-looking horned helm reminiscent of Final Fantasy I in A Realm Reborn. I believe we also get to keep our stupid Onion Helms, as useless as they were.

People keep complaining about the Legacy benefits unavailable to them, but the whole idea of the Legacy campaign was to drum up support for a very obviously struggling game. If you couldn't even be bothered to support the game through its roughest times (and it seriously did suck then, I only did it because I wanted to get the holiday items and Goobue mount... like all I ever did was craft b/c it was so bad up until about 1.18) why should they accord you the same rewards as those who did?

As for the rumor about FFXI playtime affecting the beta stuff, I highly doubt that's true at all. I've had an active account on XI for over 7 years and I still got into the alpha. (My beta privileges were automatic with my Legacy status).

member_10177565
23rd May 2013, 16:53
Apparently, those of us who purchased FFXIV 1.0 will be able to DL ARR for free. This is excellent news if it is true. I have to admit that I am impressed with the way SE has handled what was a negative situation, turning it into something that MMO players are getting excited about again. I look forward to future details.

You are correct, that has been confirmed as true :)

Dirth89
23rd May 2013, 18:15
Fusionx (http://www.amazon.com/gp/pdp/profile/A19C4YIZD5D849/ref=cm_cd_et_pdp) says:

"The press release sent to media outlets-
Set for an August 27, 2013 release, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be available for $39.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and $29.99 for Windows PC. The Collector's Edition will be available for $79.99 on the PlayStation®3 system and the PC version will be sold exclusively at the Square Enix Online Store for $69.99. A free 30-day trial is also included for new accounts. Monthly subscriptions for new accounts start at $12.99. PC specs for final product may change; please refer to the preorder website for details."

This was posted on Amazon discussions regarding the Physical PC CE. I can't post on the FFXIV forum so I'm posting this here. Is this true? Will retailers not be allowed to sell physical CE pre-orders on the PC? I seen at least one EU site selling them so I'd like to confirm/deny this information.

If anyone can ask on the FFXIV forums, I'd appreciate a link/response.

What?

make your own post

Kuraikoto
23rd May 2013, 18:23
What?

make your own post

Happy now?

If you can't understand the post, I can't help you with that but thanks for being of no assitance and being an ass. I didn't want to create a thread outside of the FFXIV forums so posted on one with a topic involving the FFXIV:ARR CE.

member_10548237
23rd May 2013, 18:25
The Legacy perks should be extended to those who purchased the original collector's edition regardless of subscription time/dates.

Dirth89
23rd May 2013, 18:29
Yeah, I've the collector’s edition but I can't find anything about what happans to us http://na.square-enix.com/tools/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-undecided.gif

Kuraikoto
23rd May 2013, 18:37
You get the four in-game items included in the 2.0 CE (warrior of light helmet, coerul mount, behemoth chocobo barding, and behemoth minion *non-combat pet*).

You aren't going to get Legacy and asking for it will cause a **** storm of angry people calling you entitled. The best you can hope for is the option to buy into legacy like they are doing with the CE upgrade.

Sources:

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d)

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ &nb... (http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/ ) [See pricing/platforms]

member_10548237
23rd May 2013, 18:45
I do understand what you are saying, I am going to buy the new collectors anyway because I would like the artbook and the other bonuses as well. The cost for the original collectors exceeds the 3 months half price subscription price that qualified you for Legacy. I feel that this should be taken in for consideration, that is all.

Dirth89
23rd May 2013, 18:51
I do understand what you are saying, I am going to buy the new collectors anyway because I would like the artbook and the other bonuses as well. The cost for the original collectors exceeds the 3 months half price subscription price that qualified you for Legacy. I feel that this should be taken in for consideration, that is all.

Also early invite, and not for us older CE i take it.

member_10548237
24th May 2013, 07:09
Right, early access is for Legacy and pre-orders.

Tsuko85
24th May 2013, 18:28
Yea, I have the 1.0 Collectors Edition
What is the Legacy perk?

Leaferian-379423
25th May 2013, 14:21
Legacy Members got into the early phases of the closed beta quicker, get early access to the game, and a reduced subscription fee. They'll also be getting a Chocobo, but no details have been given on that. It sounds like Legacy members just won't have to do any kind of quest to get one, or won't have to spend their gil on it. (As the way to get a Chocobo by any player also hasn't really been mentioned)

Duninn
31st May 2013, 13:46
I Know that you are not allowed to play on the PS3 if you have the PC version, but if you buy the PS3 version can you jsut downlaod the patcher and play on the PC, ordo you have to pay a system activation code? And how much would that cost? Thanks for the help, asking before I preorder.

Jefferson550
31st May 2013, 16:55
I believe that is separate in differences versions.

venkaramon
31st May 2013, 17:20
You can play one account on either the PC or PS3 provided you have copies for both of them.

LennethLionK3
31st May 2013, 20:09
lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/... (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/topics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8cd96bf81c212957d)

Duninn
31st May 2013, 21:59
What the lodestone states is that people who own version 1.0 and want to play ps3 need to buy both copies, it is in the dark about all else.

LennethLionK3
31st May 2013, 22:34
What the lodestone states is that people who own version 1.0 and want to play ps3 need to buy both copies, it is in the dark about all else.

(Lodestone) --> "Customers who own a copy of FFXIV version 1.0 and wish to use their account on the PlayStation 3 version will need to purchase a copy of the PlayStation 3 version. It will then be possible to use your characters on either platform by tying your existing service account to the PlayStation 3 version upon launching it for the first time. However, please note that your account will only be able to log into one platform at a time."

If you already have purchased 1.0, you will only need to purchase the ps3 version to play on both pc and ps3 with the same account. What exactly is in the dark? What are you looking for?

Duninn
31st May 2013, 22:59
I do not own version 1.0, I did not buy the original. So, I am seeking to clarify if I buy the Ps3 version only, and I get my hands on the client, would I have to pay for anything to use my Ps3 account on the pc at all.

LennethLionK3
31st May 2013, 23:55
I'm assuming you mean to download the PC version with a used/borrowed copy, which you can do, but you will need a registration code that is seperate from the ps3 version to play on PC, or you can probably use the ps3 code for the PC if it is unused, however you will need a seperate code for each platform if you want to play on both.

I'm assuming most of this on the basis of how FFXI is ran. But I am positive that you will need a registration code for each platform to run the game on both. FFXI sells registration codes online for people who already have the game installed. While it will probably be rare at the launch of the game, I'm sure they will do so with FFXIV as well.

member_10648424
6th Jun 2013, 01:09
Will I have to repurchase the game to be elligible for the in game goodies? On the square enix site it says FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn is the only registered game on my acccount, nothing about it being collectors edition or anything. I remember there was a seperate site for FFXIV, was it consolidated on the square enix site?

Llyendar
7th Jun 2013, 15:57
Hello,

I am a FFXIV Legacy member and was curious if I would be able to apply the codes for the FFXIV: ARR Collectors Edition to my legacy account if I bought it? It makes sense that the codes could be applied the same way as the original collector edition codes, but some things are weird for Legacy accounts. Also, as the original never had its PS3 release and I plan to play ARR on the PS3 will that make a difference? Will Legacy accounts be recognized on the PS3 version?

Llyendar
7th Jun 2013, 16:20
I just found the answer to most of these questions on the pre-order website. Version 1.0 can be tied to the PS3 version when you first launch the PS3 version and owners of the version 1.0 collector's edition will recieve all of the items for ARR collector's edition for free upon the launch of ARR FOR FREE

member_10547357
8th Jun 2013, 17:54

Also as far as I know... the code is different for collectors than for normal. Is something that you shouldn't worry about since when I started to play I didn't have to add anything but the code to my account and automatically I got the items of the collectors instead of the normal preordered version.

member_10768099
13th Jun 2013, 15:45
i have my game account on the old ff14 site: secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/l... (https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account)

but its not showing up on this site, and im unable to get my registration code to register it here (bought it as digital download).

is having it on the old site enough to get the free upgrade? i dont mean to sound like an entitled douch-nozzle but.. well if version 1.0 owners are supposed to get ARR free (not counting subscription fees of course) then.. well i feel like im entitled to it. what do i do?

(i tried posting this on the ff14 forum, but everytime i log on it says forced log off, log in again. after 20 tries i said **** it)

Durav
13th Jun 2013, 16:33
I am wondering the same thing. I have several SE accounts but I did not create a membership account until recently. I cannot link the accounts together nor could I log in with my SE account info like the Membership FAQ stated. I kept getting an popup saying my account info did not exist.

ingeniousclown
13th Jun 2013, 16:39
Same here. I can't help but wonder if there's something important I'm missing...

member_10768099
13th Jun 2013, 16:43
I am wondering the same thing. I have several SE accounts but I did not create a membership account until recently. I cannot link the accounts together nor could I log in with my SE account info like the Membership FAQ stated. I kept getting an popup saying my account info did not exist.

well im thinking my accounts are actually linked/the same (they have the same password but its possible i just used the same one to memorize lol) but its still not showing on this one. if SE makes me buy it again, ima be PISSED

ndballa25
13th Jun 2013, 16:43
think i fall into the same boat. ive played ffxi before and was in the 14 beta 2 in april. but no code was given me.

member_10768099
13th Jun 2013, 16:47
think i fall into the same boat. ive played ffxi before and was in the 14 beta 2 in april. but no code was given me.

you mean xiv? if you mean xi then you shouldnt get it, 11 and 14 are completely different mmos

ndballa25
13th Jun 2013, 17:17
im aware. just stating that i was a member for a while but today i had difficulty even logging in. and i participated in the xiv beta this year. thought that ment i didnt need to be accepted more than once

member_10768099
13th Jun 2013, 17:19
im aware. just stating that i was a member for a while but today i had difficulty even logging in. and i participated in the xiv beta this year. thought that ment i didnt need to be accepted more than once

oh. i have no idea about that then

member_10500763
13th Jun 2013, 20:17
Hello all-- so I recieved an email telling me that all legacy members from FFXIV 1.0 would be granted access to tomorrows 3rd beta phase. (YIPPEE!)

And it is probably just me being paranoid, but I've yet to recieve my instruction email or code or anything.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I just feel like I should have gotten it by now, in preperation for tomorrow-- but perhaps one of you know more than I on the subject.

(And to make sure I was still legacy, I checked my games list and already have ARR listed under my registered titles :p so Yah, I dunno.)

Anyways, thanks for your time to whomever reads this.

Edrick--

Foodleech
13th Jun 2013, 20:40
Hello all-- so I recieved an email telling me that all legacy members from FFXIV 1.0 would be granted access to tomorrows 3rd beta phase. (YIPPEE!)

And it is probably just me being paranoid, but I've yet to recieve my instruction email or code or anything.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? I just feel like I should have gotten it by now, in preperation for tomorrow-- but perhaps one of you know more than I on the subject.

(And to make sure I was still legacy, I checked my games list and already have ARR listed under my registered titles :p so Yah, I dunno.)

Anyways, thanks for your time to whomever reads this.

Edrick--

I wanted to know the same thing... so hopefully we'll see an e-mail tomorrow. I think in the e-mail I got they mentioned something about more information coming out on the 14th. *cross fingers*

member_10146811
13th Jun 2013, 20:45
My email stated that we would be sent information "at a later date"... it better not be too long! If we don't get something tomorrow, this is like a big mean tease!

Beta Testing

FFXIV: ARR is currently in the beta testing stage, with plans to begin the third phase of testing on June 14, 2013. All players who hold a service account from Version 1.0 have been granted access to the beta test.

We welcome all players from Version 1.0 to download the beta client and see the myriad changes in FFXIV: ARR.

* Additional information regarding how to participate in the beta test will be sent at a later date.

member_10521475
13th Jun 2013, 21:42
my buddy who just played the v1.0 beta, never owned the game, registered for the beta after i told him to register, just got an email with a beta key. I feel some of us 1.0 guys are cursed.

member_10500763
13th Jun 2013, 22:29
Ugh..I hope not-- if so I'd be sorely dissapointed in SE for forgetting about us..

member_10476523
13th Jun 2013, 22:40
Ugh..I hope not-- if so I'd be sorely dissapointed in SE for forgetting about us..

same here... i'm waiting for my code, i have download the launcher but i'm stuck at the code part

gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/beta/... (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/beta/ffxivsetup.exe)

member_10500763
13th Jun 2013, 23:09
Thanks for this! at least I can get the launcher downloaded and out of the way... now to await my email -_-;

member_10476523
13th Jun 2013, 23:11
Thanks for this! at least I can get the launcher downloaded and out of the way... now to await my email -_-;

YW :) my friend gave me this but we didnt know about the code until we encountered this part

member_10500763
14th Jun 2013, 00:10
Just got my key! woot!!

member_10286466
14th Jun 2013, 01:31
So I owned 1.0, still haven't received a code. Is there anything (besides registering for beta) that I need to do?

member_10476523
14th Jun 2013, 09:14
So I owned 1.0, still haven't received a code. Is there anything (besides registering for beta) that I need to do?

Well (we) for player of 1.0 we just have to wait for a code. I'm still waiting too, just be patient, Elricken got his code so we probably get our code today.

member_10189748
14th Jun 2013, 12:17
Still waiting... Legacy icon attached to account yet still no email. Currently at work but I can't even get my kids to get the game ready for me. Guess I won't be disturbing their time on Minecraft or GW2 or whatever they're wearing out my mouse with at the moment.

member_10544002
14th Jun 2013, 12:27
Still waiting... Legacy icon attached to account yet still no email. Currently at work but I can't even get my kids to get the game ready for me. Guess I won't be disturbing their time on Minecraft or GW2 or whatever they're wearing out my mouse with at the moment.

whats frustrating is that people that weren't even v1.0 players are getting keys left right and center right now. i can really see what our loyalty as previous customers is amounting too right now.

member_10189748
14th Jun 2013, 12:46
Already burnt once with this game, not planning on getting burnt a second time... Beta would've been the deciding factor but looks like I wasted money on the CE, the extra 2 months I paid to barely play down the drain... Pointless icon

member_10572346
14th Jun 2013, 12:52
I was in the Beta and 1.0 of FFXIV

Plus approx 10 years in FFXI

Bought PC collector's, pre-ordered ps3 collector's (site said early beta access included...)

Plus buying/playing/owning every other FF game I've ever had the access to buy (north america).

Applied for the beta a long time ago (won't let me re apply).

So far no code for me, but my best friend who hardly touches rpgs (except ffxi) got a code today.... for ps3 too...

Between the Versus debacle (a promised ps3 spin off is now an Action game main title (15)) and this Beta crud, I may give up on SE entirely going forward, I buy most of my RPGs from other companies these days anyway.

member_10189748
14th Jun 2013, 12:59
I was in the Beta and 1.0 of FFXIV

Plus approx 10 years in FFXI

Bought PC collector's, pre-ordered ps3 collector's (site said early beta access included...)

Plus buying/playing/owning every other FF game I've ever had the access to buy (north america).

Applied for the beta a long time ago (won't let me re apply).

So far no code for me, but my best friend who hardly touches rpgs (except ffxi) got a code today.... for ps3 too...

Between the Versus debacle (a promised ps3 spin off is now an Action game main title (15)) and this Beta crud, I may give up on SE entirely going forward, I buy most of my RPGs from other companies these days anyway.

Yup! Making Arche Age just that more attractive! Then there's the TESO backup and if all else fails, it's back to hunting pandas with 8 million other people.

member_10286466
14th Jun 2013, 13:08
Yeah, I don't like being lied to. First they give me a crappy game then they lie to me. I doubt I'll be sinking anymore money into this.

member_10200184
14th Jun 2013, 13:19

same here... i'm waiting for my code, i have download the launcher but i'm stuck at the code part

gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/beta/... (http://gdl.square-enix.com/ffxiv/download/beta/ffxivsetup.exe)

Thank you! I was able to register but have not been able to log into the forums to get the client. You're a life saver!

member_10476523
15th Jun 2013, 09:43
Still waiting.. i will probably not be in the beta WE, i dont mind really, it's just cuz the mail said we will be in the beta, that's the point i hate in this situation.

wnxchampion
15th Jun 2013, 16:17
Hello,
Just like the titles says, I bought the game long ago.. stopped playig.. saw it on E3.. read my emails... no code was sent to me.
I really want to partacipate in the beta on my ps3. Thank you.

wnxchampion
15th Jun 2013, 19:30
Meant XIV.. sorry confused the numbers.

mitnick29
15th Jun 2013, 20:29
Yeah, I don't like being lied to. First they give me a crappy game then they lie to me. I doubt I'll be sinking anymore money into this.

+1

member_10538251
16th Jun 2013, 08:11
Hello,
Just like the titles says, I bought the game long ago.. stopped playig.. saw it on E3.. read my emails... no code was sent to me.
I really want to partacipate in the beta on my ps3. Thank you.

Send SE an email. All I can think of. I receieved a beta phase 3 invite and have the previous version.

Tsukinikawatte
16th Jun 2013, 17:00
So, hey guys. Been a long time since I posted, but finally got into the beta. The thing is I registered FFXIII and I never got the code for the special FFXIV item. I never really thought about it because the beta was PC only. What do we do to get the helm in the PS3 version? I know the beta weekend is over and I had e-mailed support, but never got an answer.

Edit: I still have to original slip with the code for the item. I can send it to whoever, but IDK how it was to be redeemed for ps3 users. It may not be the helm, but it was some special item.

legacystorm
17th Jun 2013, 19:43
i'll take it pls pm me

x3Noctis
17th Jun 2013, 20:55
Please give it to me. <3

Tsukinikawatte
18th Jun 2013, 16:18
By whoever, I meant sending it to the staff to verify I did have the original code...

youjinbou
20th Jun 2013, 12:06
i have been wondering about this also, since we sent in our codes 3 years ago. saddly, i dont have my original slip anymore, but i am hoping SE has it on file somewhere.

Tsukinikawatte
21st Jun 2013, 11:17
Do staff check these posts at all?

member_10646480
21st Jun 2013, 18:48
I still have no key. I bought the collectors edition and helped beta test when the game first launched yet I get no key now just an email saying I will get a key. Why not just activate our accounts ... I mean we are the people who got burned why do we even need keys?

thanks for the loyalty guys :( But I'll just wait for EQ next. After waiting 2 weeks for support to reset my account and now this you've lost me as a customer.

member_10656408
21st Jun 2013, 21:03
I've decided to give ARR a try after quitting during the original FFXIV.

I've got the Collectors Edition of the original game, which gives me the base edition of ARR.

Is there a way I can purchase an Upgrade to the Collectors Edition of ARR?

Also if I were to purchase a Collectors Edition of ARR, would I still be getting my collectors items from the original release?

Thanks in advance to anyone who knows.

quirky_rikku
21st Jun 2013, 21:34
I read that if you purchase the original version you can upgrade to the collectors edition after the release date for $20 bucks, but I believe it only includes the in-game digital items.

I preordered the physical ARR collectors edition. I never played FFXI or the original FFXIV, but I love final fantasy and I've played LOTRO for over two years so I really, really hope I like it.

joeink
21st Jun 2013, 23:40
I getting a ps4 will ffxiv be ready because I'm looking forward to this game

member_10692149
22nd Jun 2013, 00:21
I bought my FFXIV ver1.0 when it was first launched, but i did not use the code to redeem my onion helm. Can I still redeem it in AAR?

Grimoire
22nd Jun 2013, 05:04
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

pheonixblack
22nd Jun 2013, 05:08
anyone know how to dye clothes?

member_10693487
23rd Jun 2013, 03:35
--==NM, found the card for the game (was in a filing cabinent)

parkshinjiyeon
24th Jun 2013, 05:21
I'm having a hard time purchasing FFXIV A realm reborn and just recently i found a physical copy of the old FFXIV. Is it possible to upgrade the old FFXIV to a realm reborn or would i need another key for me to upgrade the game to a realm reborn?

member_10836389
24th Jun 2013, 10:05
A Realm Reborn is just an update to FF14, not an expansion. As I understand anyone with an old FF14 account will have access to a Realm Reborn as well as 2 weeks of free game time on release to try it out.

Jump_Kickasaurus13
24th Jun 2013, 13:35
A Realm Reborn is just an update to FF14, not an expansion. As I understand anyone with an old FF14 account will have access to a Realm Reborn as well as 2 weeks of free game time on release to try it out.

I thought only people that play version 1.0 till the server closed was the only one getting an uprade for being loyal and playing it till the end...hmm

member_10836389
24th Jun 2013, 15:10
Do you have a source?

member_10692149
25th Jun 2013, 02:31

I thought only people that play version 1.0 till the server closed was the only one getting an uprade for being loyal and playing it till the end...hmm

According to the official announcement by SE, anyone who has ver1.0 will be upgrades to AAR and able to play for 2 weeks when the game launch on 27th aug.

parkshinjiyeon
25th Jun 2013, 05:21
Thank you so then i guess it's ok to buy the old ffxiv or the ffxiv 1.0v when the new ffxiv cd's don't get to be sold in my country?

Schleiven
26th Jun 2013, 18:11
Check your email. You should have one from ffxiv-newsletter with the subject as "Return to FINAL FANTASY XIV and Experience A Realm Reborn!". Which states

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn (hereafter referred to as FFXIV: ARR) features an all new game engine, server structure, battle system, user interface, and a completely redesigned world. Now that development is nearly complete, official service will begin on August 27, 2013.
All players who purchased Version 1.0 will be able to download the client for FFXIV: ARR free of charge. For more information on the various changes in FFXIV: ARR, please proceed to the official website.

Later on in the email

For those interested in playing FFXIV: ARR, information regarding the transition from Version 1.0, including the establishment of regional data centers, has been compiled on the Lodestone.

Please review the details of the new regional data centers and world transfer (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/62271)s.

Furthermore, a two week "Welcome Back Campaign" will be held following the start of official service, allowing players from Version 1.0 to enjoy FFXIV: ARR free of charge for a limited time. We hope you will take this opportunity to play the game and experience FFXIV: ARR.

I didn't play the game very long simply because the computer I was attempting to play it on could not handle it as well as I would have liked. Hope this clears everything up.

kylegardner93
27th Jun 2013, 00:39
By any chance does anybody know if the ps3 version is going to have a chat system. Like if your in a linkshell or a party on ps3 do i need to use my usb keyboard or can I use my headset.

BorisBugblood
27th Jun 2013, 07:41
Hi!

I bought one year ago the FF XIV first edition, and played one month with the one month free subscription wich came with the game. It didn't satisfy me, so I give up playing. But now I'm interested in playing FF XIV, so, the question is, can I play without paying the game key of FF XIV and paying the monthly fees or do I have to pay for the game key also?

Thanks.

Grimoire
27th Jun 2013, 10:49
This thread belongs in the [FINAL FANTASY XIII-XIV Forum (http://na.square-enix.com/go/forum/view/139235/235423/final_fantasy_xiii-xiv_forum)].

---

[Before posting a new thread...] (http://na.square-enix.com/go/thread/view/139235/29966925/Before_posting_a_new_thread...)

member_10655665
28th Jun 2013, 15:58
Please, if anyone has any information on how I should do this I would greatly appreciate it. Or just let me know if I'm completely out of luck.

member_10673030
28th Jun 2013, 18:07
I bought my collector's edition of XIV when it launched and left my account dormant for years now.

If I install and run XIV from the disc again will it just patch itself to Realm Reborn or do I have to make a completely different install for it?

Funk
28th Jun 2013, 19:09
I'm confused , how did you buy it years ago?

member_10394635
28th Jun 2013, 21:53
Well when the collector's edition first came out I had purchased it myself. Just never had a computer that could support it til recently myself so I am hoping that it's not complete garbage to be honest sense I have all it's codes and all.

Forgot to say this was the origional 14 before it got shut down that was purchased.

member_10066924
28th Jun 2013, 23:49
Wasn't there mention that exsisting players will be able to change their race at launch to a male miqote due to the added races after creating version 1.0 characters? This is concerning me because I got the goobue mount but they forced me to change my name and I ended up changing it to cat man which makes no sense for a Roegadyn now.

Crusifie1025
29th Jun 2013, 01:32
Does anyone have a beta code I can use for ffxiv? I really want to try this game out super bad! I preorderd it at gamestop thinking that it would give me beta access but it didnt :'c, it was just the code for the bonus items! I am really disapointed and I REALLY REALLY want to try it out during my summer vacation, i seriously have nothing to do! Please, if anyone has a code i can use,

My email is yosephbestbuy@gmail.com (mailto:yosephbestbuy@gmail.com)

THANK YOU!!

astronaxis
30th Jun 2013, 07:11
i bought the original final fantasy xiv, and haven't use the product registration card yet ?

i've been trying, but it said code invalid..

i bought it like 2 years ago...

would be sad if i have to repaid $30 again

member_10141886
30th Jun 2013, 08:02
I have the same issue, I purchased v1.0 and have never used my registration code or the garland goggles. will these still work?

Morgue101
30th Jun 2013, 11:38
i bought the original final fantasy xiv, and haven't use the product registration card yet ?

i've been trying, but it said code invalid..

i bought it like 2 years ago...

would be sad if i have to repaid $30 again

I would contact the chat support. Should be no reason why it shouldn't work. They can probably get it on your account for you.

Morgue101
30th Jun 2013, 11:56
Well when the collector's edition first came out I had purchased it myself. Just never had a computer that could support it til recently myself so I am hoping that it's not complete garbage to be honest sense I have all it's codes and all.

Forgot to say this was the origional 14 before it got shut down that was purchased.

From what I read, it said that the 1.0 players will be able to download it for free. I'm assuming that means that we just download their new launcher come open beta time and it will install the game, then we use our regular account info to log in.

member_10141886
30th Jun 2013, 18:31
I found this

support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.ph... (https://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?ret=contact&p=1&kid=67492&id=5382&la=1&c=58&sc=343&subject=Ffxiv+v1+registration+code+on+ffxiv+arr)

PapaDrom
30th Jun 2013, 20:24
Scenario:
1. I am a legacy FFXIV player.
2. I own 2 PS3 systems.

Question:
My girlfriend would like to start playing FFXIV with me when it releases, she has no prior experience. Do I need to buy two copies of the PS3 version in order for us both to play on the PS3?

Prior Experience:
I am a legacy player and had PC access already and she was fortunate to get a PS3 beta key. I used my SOE account to redeem the code to download the beta version and I used that to install it on both PS3 systems. I used the beta key to register her new SE account. We were both able to play by linking our SOE accounts to our SE accounts and so with one redemption code we could play on both PS3s.

Can I save 60-80 dollars by only purchasing one PS3 copy and installing it on both PS3's and then use our SE accounts linked to our respective SOE accounts? Would she even be able to log in the PC version if inclined?

Bonus Question: In-game item unlocks, are they tied into the same service account unlock code, as in, if I only needed one PS3 copy - would I then be able to split up how I apply the access portion and the in game items portion in relation to the CE?

Thanks!
~Kay

Andryste
30th Jun 2013, 20:52
Um I am gonna just go ahead and say that I HIGHLY doubt you could buy one and use it on both, the CD key that you will have to register will tie it to the 1 account, You will have a free copy for the PC since you were a 1.0 player. I can't say it won't for sure, I would say buy 1 and give it a try and if it works great. As far as will she have PC access, if she was not a 1.0 player and didn't buy a copy for the computer then no she woulsn't be able to. But I will say that seeing as you will have a free PC version and PS3 and PC are able to play together you could just buy 1 for the PS3 and use your free copy for the computer and play together that way.

As far as the bonus items they will be linked to the account that they are purchased for, I think even if you could use one copy of the game for both consoles I don't imagine that they would be allowed to be split.

This is all speculation as I don't know the deffinate answers to any of these questions, this is just assumptions I am making, as I say you could try and see, it might work I could be wrong.

sleepyeyes
1st Jul 2013, 07:38
Scenario:

Question:
My girlfriend would like to start playing FFXIV with me when it releases, she has no prior experience. Do I need to buy two copies of the PS3 version in order for us both to play on the PS3?

Bonus Question: In-game item unlocks, are they tied into the same service account unlock code, as in, if I only needed one PS3 copy - would I then be able to split up how I apply the access portion and the in game items portion in relation to the CE?

This isn't a SE issue as much as a Playstation issue. Currently, you can use one game for 2 consoles, provided that the master account has a profile on each consoles. For example, if I buy a copy of, say Final Fantasy XIII, for me and my son to share (I'd just get him his own copy, but anyway), PSN will allow that, so long as I have an account on his PS3. It should go without saying, though, that neither of us could play FFXIII while the other is also playing. You didn't say how many TVs you have attached to those 2 PS3 consoles.

Unlocks and DLC are a different story. You can only use those once, and I *highly* doubt that SE is going to let you split them up between two accounts.

Finally, the retail price of the non-CE is $39.99. So, using only one copy wouldn't save you $50 or $60. My advice, if you're both Final Fantasy fans, is to just buy two copies. But, if you can't manage that, then you'll have to decide who gets the perks.

member_10664738
2nd Jul 2013, 19:37
i bought FF14:CE on Ver 1.0 & played for a few months... i have questions about bonus items...

lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/t (http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/t)<wbr>opics/detail?id=14019fb32d90859f118dccb8c<wbr>d96bf81c212957d

interesting find but...

do i have to play legacy servers or resume my old character to get these bonus? the thing is i made my characters on "JP server" without me knowing it was located in jp before... i rather play from the scratch & start all over again along w/ other players on new server than a one with established economy...

i tried to log in into ff14 forum to ask this question but i got this message "Since the login to FINAL FANTASY XIV in the last 30 days could not be confirmed, you are not allowed to log in to the official FINAL FANTASY XIV forums." </wbr></wbr>

Grimoire
3rd Jul 2013, 05:17

---

astronaxis
4th Jul 2013, 19:13
thing is i have the old that havn't been register yet..

i guess i'll talk to "support"

thank you btw you are both lovey :D

Tsukinikawatte
5th Jul 2013, 00:08
SIGH...

Andryste
5th Jul 2013, 02:32
Sometimes they do, but not all posts get checked, it is possible they were just to busy to answer yet seeing as the beta has been keeping them very busy, give it some time and Customer Service should respond as soon as they can.

Tsukinikawatte
5th Jul 2013, 14:00
I hope so cause it would be nice to have the item. I tried e-mailing support again.

Gindack
9th Aug 2013, 12:49
Im sure this has been asked to death but I am having issues finding what I need.

So I purchased FFXIV when it originally came out, with ARR will I have to rebuy the game or how does that work?
Also I read online that people who bought the original can get in and check it out without paying for a few weeks or something?

What do I need to do.

Kado1877
9th Aug 2013, 15:40
From what they said you should be able to access the game in the early access period, the 24-26 and then continue game play until September 9th I think for free. At least I believe that is what Yoshi said in the live letter.
"Q44: When coming back for ARR, I heard there would be a Welcome Back Campaign, but could you tell us the time period and other details for this?

A44: Those of you who played FFXIV 1.0 will be able to play ARR free until September 9, 2013."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/678050-final-fantasy-xiv-online-a-realm-reborn/66931758

Edens3
10th Aug 2013, 17:16
I know this is probably posted somewhere so I'm sorry in advance for reposting, but I do not know what i need to do to be ready at realease to play ARR. Do I just have to download the client or something or will i need to find my old login from back when i played 14 ?

McKlayn
12th Aug 2013, 14:44
I bought FFXIV when it first came out, i mean FIRST came out so many years ago (2 maybe 3?) and i played it for a few months and my computer lagged and the game itself was meh so i quit. I am curious with it being redone can i play it again with that same game or do i have to rebuy it all over again?

Mesosneaky
13th Aug 2013, 00:35
Yes, you'll need your original account login info. It took me about 2 weeks of working with customer service to get mine back up and running so you should probably give them a call now if you don't know your credentials.

OutlawGamer
13th Aug 2013, 05:19
If you go to the very bottom of the page that the square enix store that sells FFXIV ARR it actually says that you DONT have too, but then it goes into some other stuff.. I just remember seeing that.

check it out though, they address that. Id imagine though youd need to purchase it though eventually as they may just treat it like an expansion for those of you that owned the original ****ty version.

Wolfthire
15th Aug 2013, 03:06
Ok I had bought a collector edition of the first FFXIV that cost me 100$, and now by what I'm seeing I lost that money since If I want to play the new one I need to pay again??

Oroborous
15th Aug 2013, 03:52
So I bought XIV during 1.0 and like I said now with this new login stuff it says there is no games on the account nevermind that the old SE login system says I do indeed have a cancelled account. I found my old product code but the digits don't line up for the product code type it wants for this new system. Is the old system of account management going to be fine or will it have to be registered to this websites account. Any help would be appreciated.

theBU3NO
15th Aug 2013, 04:21
I'm in the same boat. I bought it quite a while ago, and not it's not in my account anymore. I'm a bit worried since I don't think I have the key any more.

rosinya
15th Aug 2013, 05:06
stated everywhere that legacy players (first ffxiv) will not have to pay for new game, just subscription

Endrance_UK
15th Aug 2013, 15:33
As the title says.

Anyone else got this problem.

VanillabearYo
15th Aug 2013, 15:36
Game has gone missing on my profile also

Llyyrr
15th Aug 2013, 16:38
Same problem here. I registered a while ago and it's no longer there.

Tsugii
15th Aug 2013, 16:55
Same problem here, orderd it from amazon and registered the code on 11.08.2013.

Estheer
15th Aug 2013, 16:56
Same problem here. Registered it for few days and it's no longer there.

Same here....

qiwlol
15th Aug 2013, 17:18
yep same here can DL the client getting " there are no valid service accounts.." and cant AD my pre order keys ( got 2 both are invalid ) GG

farewellblue
15th Aug 2013, 17:30
I also have this issue, I can't seem to log in using my account name either, just the email works. Of course this means I can't log in to download the game...

Estheer
15th Aug 2013, 17:33
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=4304

The other thread. :)

Magnus00
15th Aug 2013, 18:10
I have same problem here. I just check yesterday it was there but today its gone.

deano86
15th Aug 2013, 18:16
I bought this game back in 2010 and had it registered. I still have the original Garlond's goggles edition ff xiv. I am keen to give ff another try with the reborn however how do I play? I've installed ff xiv but i hear i need a reborn client? Also my game was registered under my account dated as 2010 however it has now gone.

Any help would be great thank you

darkcat1
15th Aug 2013, 18:36
to tell you the truth the original FFIV is basically dead. Reborn is the game recreated from the ground up basically because the old one stunk so much. I don't know if they are offering you old players anything so this is something you might wana look into but you may just have to buy the new client.

I'd guess that they might offer the ones who had the original FFIV access to the new client somehow as it'd be fair but I really don't know...

deano86
15th Aug 2013, 18:45
I see. Does anyone know if I have to buy ffxiv again or is there something I have to do?

Randyblythe
15th Aug 2013, 18:51
The old site went down, and I can't even find where my game went.

Is this some sort of plot to get people who already had the game to buy it again? Because nobody keeps CD keys for 3 years... Especially for a crapfest like FF14 1.0.

I'm seriously going to be pissed off if I lost my game, I won't buy it again squeenix. I bought your ****ty ass game when it wasw in super closed alpha (1.0) with expectations that it would be playable, I'm not going to spend more money to play it when it's finally released (ARR).

Edit - If you're a squeenix employee, look at my account, october 2010 was when I registered FF14 1.0.

BigClaw
15th Aug 2013, 21:00
So i bought the original final fantasy 14 collectors edition when it first came out, played the game for 4 hrs or so and never played it again.. Excited to start this new version of the game but i havnt gotten invited to the betas or anything, Shouldnt i have priority since i already paid 80$ for the game ?? any suggestions on what i could do would be great

deano86
16th Aug 2013, 00:43
when am i able to play with my old ff xiv collectors edition?

SinisJecht
16th Aug 2013, 00:46
This is a completely new game, so I don't think you can. You will have to purchase this game instead.

Tiberinus
16th Aug 2013, 01:05
You will still have your bonuses from 1.0 the service is still active for me from 1.0. Those with old accounts can still access those characters and get bonuses such as discount on 8 character account by 5 dollars. In beta I still had access to things like my Onion Helm. You will be considered a legacy account.

deano86
16th Aug 2013, 01:15
You will still have your bonuses from 1.0 the service is still active for me from 1.0. Those with old accounts can still access those characters and get bonuses such as discount on 8 character account by 5 dollars. In beta I still had access to things like my Onion Helm. You will be considered a legacy account.

I thought you had to have played the last 3 months for legacy? It also says I have no games registered even tho my ff xiv was. Am I entitled to play any beta?

OutlawGamer
16th Aug 2013, 02:12
now you freak out like everyone else

deano86
16th Aug 2013, 02:34
Yeah Im in the same boat brought the original ce back in 2010 for alot of money yet no beta's. My games not even under registered games. I've no idea where to install or where to put my serial numbers

animesensei22
16th Aug 2013, 04:31
I have an old legacy account from 2010 when I played FFXIV. I could not remember the password and no longer had that email address as I changed to a different one in the 3 years since. I placed a customer support ticket(2500049) and later called support yesterday. After a 20 min drop call, and an additional 1hr 20 min wait I eventually spoke with a woman. She identified me, I gave her my information which she verified, gave her the product information from my original collector's edition game I bought years ago. She asked for a new email address to update and told me she would send me an email so that I could reset the account. I did not have the token on me at the time of call but she told me I would need it, so i spent some time and found/unearth the three year old Chinese artifact from a corner of the room. Of course, many hours later I have received no call / email / contact of any kind. We verified my new email a few times and even spoke it out military style to make sure each character was right. Sad really. On top of being a legacy member (if I ever get it working), I also pre-ordered the ARR game box from GAMESTOP and received an email from the leading me to some other site where I could get an early access code. Of course that site it leads me too does not work, but that is GAMESTOP's fault at this moment. Regardless the depression I went into after the first installment of this game, I was hearing good things again and was hoping to try it out. Group of old gamer buddies said they would be trying out the open beta. Apparently, I will be playing some other game. Opened another ticket (2501271). What do I do? Be more patient? Is there anything I can do now to fix this other then wait? I tried recovering my password after speaking to the Customer Service Rep and now it just says that the account does not exist. Tried the new and old emails, both nothing. Help please. I would like to play, but if this goes till tomorrow I will most likely cancel pre-order, and never return as I was playing other perfectly good games before friends told me to come play this with them.

Raisty
16th Aug 2013, 07:41
Same problem. I logged on today and my collector's 1.0 isn't there. I have my code but no place to input it.

Serdonyx
16th Aug 2013, 12:17
Same, I used my preorder code a few days ago and it added FF XIV to my account but when I logged in today, it seems to have gone :S

jaywalker2309
16th Aug 2013, 12:19
People who have pre-ordered and get `early access` will be able to go to the pre-order site on the 20th and activate their code THERE and get into the game 1 week before the main release.

The pre-order code is NOT a code for the BETA that is taking place this weekend.. If you try and use your code on that it will say its invalid.. The BETA code is a totally separate server and login access.

Dembar
16th Aug 2013, 12:47
So a long time ago i bought ff14 and played it a little and didn't like it very much. A few weeks ago i deciced to try the game again when it would be out and checked if i needed to buy the game again or that i could play with my old purchase.
after reading that i probably could play again with my old acount i checked my acount to see if the game was still on the list.
it was not there, so i re registered my game succesfull and left it at that.

After hearing about a beta signup for this weekend i was checking around again to see if i could aplie to it i noticed that yesterday my ff14 ce game was of the game list.

tried to re register tha game it says the code is valid but nothing happend after that.

what course of action should i follow or should i just be patient.

jaywalker2309
16th Aug 2013, 12:51
Unless you've specifically registered for a beta access code you wont have access to the beta version.

I am trying to find out what owners of the original FF14 game should expect to happen come the 20th/27th etc.. bear with me

Dembar
16th Aug 2013, 13:01
i know that, apparently you can register for beta on the 17e again those are the rumors. Its just that my game just disapeared from my game list on my acount here. and trying to register it again it just dos nothing when i klick the register game after entering my code and gives a green light.

jaywalker2309
16th Aug 2013, 13:03
Just been told if you had a V1 character this will still be there on the live servers waiting for you.. IF you had been able to get onto the beta servers, then using the same account would have meant you were able to play your character in the beta..

However if you didnt get on the beta you would have to wait until the game goes live.

clear things up?

Dembar
16th Aug 2013, 13:08
no sorry that did not clear it up.

The quistion is why did my ff14 game disapeared from my account on Square enix yesterday?
and how do i get it back seeing that re registering aint working even when it gives me a green light when entering my old code.

cooltrbt
16th Aug 2013, 13:12
i have the same problem

jaywalker2309
16th Aug 2013, 13:42
Right am back.. The game is still associated to your accounts, but the linking of the image is not showing currently. So its purely a cosmetic thing that will be sorted when someone plugs things back in :) (note its not affecting EVERY user, so some WILL still see it but if you DONT the DONT worry) :)

Deathsmind
16th Aug 2013, 15:22
Ok so i bought 1.0 back when it first came out. Played it didnt like it, was asking around about getting into a different MMO was recommended this. Didnt even know this was coming out really, been out of the loop for awhile now. Someone said I dont need to buy the game that my 1.0 counts. How does this work? Do I get anything for playing 1.0 before, any of the preorder stuff? Anything else I should know about ARR? This is all for the PC if that matters. Thank you.

Taelon
16th Aug 2013, 15:32
Thanks for the info Jay. My problem is thus however, I have a beta code and have been beta testing but now that it is open beta and the first day no one can download the client that has a beta key. I get an error stating that this part has been closed for over a month. Is there another link to the client that I don't know of?

AikiUK
16th Aug 2013, 16:37
I have the same problem, applied my old 1.0 game key onto my account, logged into my account today and its no longer in my games list.

Anyone have any information on this?

AikiUK
16th Aug 2013, 16:38
Right am back.. The game is still associated to your accounts, but the linking of the image is not showing currently. So its purely a cosmetic thing that will be sorted when someone plugs things back in :) (note its not affecting EVERY user, so some WILL still see it but if you DONT the DONT worry) :)

didnt see this, thanks :)

Deathsmind
16th Aug 2013, 17:13
Bump. Need some help still. I was told there was an Open Beta this weekend. How would I get into that?

caracancel
16th Aug 2013, 21:42
Am trying to enter for like 1:55 min may be more
the game is awesome exept this lol

Roguekitty
16th Aug 2013, 22:26
Hello, I bought the FFXIV game about 2 years ago and never played or registered the game. I emailed SE and they said that the old codes would still be valid, and I could use that as my purchase of the game. So my question is, where do I enter my code? All I can find is preorder info, and nothing about if you already have a code. :(

SinisJecht
16th Aug 2013, 22:30
Access your profile on the official website and choose Add game. Enter your code in there I believe.

Roguekitty
16th Aug 2013, 22:35
I did try that, but it has 2 code options. One is 6 digits - 3 digits - 6 digits - 3 digits and the other code option is 8 digits - 4 digits. Mine is 4 digits - 4 digits - 4 digits - 4 digits - 4 digits. It doesn't even have an option for the code I have.

SinisJecht
16th Aug 2013, 22:36
Oh i see, does SE have a live chat option so you can talk to someone who can guide you through it?

Roguekitty
16th Aug 2013, 22:39
I'll have to look, and if not I will email them again. Hopefully I can get it all straightened out soon, I'd really like to try the beta :o

SinisJecht
16th Aug 2013, 22:42
Hope you get it sorted.

Roguekitty
16th Aug 2013, 22:49
I'm trying to figure this out as well, I bought the 1.0 version a few years ago and never even opened the package. I emailed SE a while back and asked them about this, and they said that yes, you get ARR free if you have 1.0, but I'm not sure if it counts as preordering. I'm just trying to figure out where to put my 1.0 code. =/

Roguekitty
16th Aug 2013, 22:53
Thank you :)

YuriSensen
17th Aug 2013, 03:24
I know how you feel. I have friends on 2 different servers, both supposedly full. Hyperion and Leviathan. Kind of takes the fun out of things, especially since making a char on a server apparently dedicates you to it. So I have to choose to either wait and hope that I can play with my friends within the remaining 2 1/2 days, or just play alone. :|

Descension
17th Aug 2013, 03:38
I have an old copy of FF14 and from what i've read I should be able to get into this phase of beta? However I have not figured out a way to get the game downloaded.. any suggestions?

Shadowhill
17th Aug 2013, 04:00
Bummer!

I am going to Leviathan as well. I hope I get in!!

Randyblythe
17th Aug 2013, 04:29
:( Nobody can help?

Ignominious
17th Aug 2013, 07:00
Same here. Mine is gone, but I still have the code. Granted having the code isn't doing me any good because they no longer accept that format. You go to the registration code entry page and it is literally impossible to enter an original FFXIV code.

Evilsmurf1976
17th Aug 2013, 07:08
Same here. I did contact support and was told my account had been deleted. The only thing you can do now is buy it again.

Evilsmurf1976
17th Aug 2013, 07:24
You need an active old account to get started yesterday. The open beta starts today at 9am gmt. use this link http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/index_en.html and once site is open (9am gmt)

Dembar
17th Aug 2013, 08:40
Same here, and when trying to re regsiter my code ( i still have that code) it aint working. In a earlier forum post i made, some one answered that your game is stil there but that its a back end problem they are trying to resolve.

atalantex91
17th Aug 2013, 14:38
i have bought the Final Fantasy XIV game in the year 2012.. and i have a code that belongs to this game.. they closed this and created new version of XIV and last year they told that i can play the Final Fantasy XIV a Realm Reborn game with this code.. knows somebody about this issue ? can i play or must i buy again the code for the realm reborn ? does anybody have the same question ?

Jason523
17th Aug 2013, 14:45
I am in the same boat. I look in my profile and it says I don't have any games. The code for the original is all 4's and the new system takes 4-3-4-3. So I can't re add my code. I just played in the last Beta phase 3 and had my same character and all. I want to know where it all went.

NajiiSaihara
17th Aug 2013, 19:23
Hi Jason, I can answer part of your question. after phase 3, SE took down the servers and wipe them clean so they could fix all problems and install the new "improved updates". I know I had on backorder the PS3 version of FF14 from day 1. When it was being changed over Gamestop called me and asked me in June what i wanted to do. what a freaken headache after 3 years. then a few days ago I had to fight to get my early access code out of them.

As far as the Beta testing if you were in Phase 3, you should have gotten an email giving you a code or link letting you into phase 4. which is also a bit of a joke. I say that because I'm one of the rare ones that got messed up. they sent me the wrong one. they sent me the PC letter. I told them that i needed the PS3 one. they resent the PC one 2 more times. now i've gotten 5 auto-emails telling me to look in my spam folder for the code. I just wish i could talk to a real person...

Hocari
18th Aug 2013, 06:06
Hello, I bought FF14 several years ago when it first came out and have it registered.

Do I have to re-purchase FF14 since it's been "reborn?" Also, I can't register for the beta nor download it online since it says my account is already registered. Unfortunately, I never kept my ff14 discs so I can't install the game that way either.

Roguekitty
18th Aug 2013, 11:28
No, you don't have to buy the game again, you already have what you need. I don' t know why you can't apply for the beta. And even if you did keep your FFXIV discs, they don't work, I tried yesterday. xD

Luigistar
18th Aug 2013, 12:10
Hello everyone , i have a Square Enix account for a long time now , got ff xiv arr ( i bought the 1.0 ver) and i want to upgrade it with a collector one , but when i try to log on in the shop , it says my account doesn't exist or my password is wrong , do i have to link a shop account and a regular account ? Or is this just a problem to be solved ? Thanks for your time

Mordecai_5744
18th Aug 2013, 15:58
Hey guys, so I've been off the grid for a while and I finally managed to return to the online world. I just recently found out about a realm reborn and am pretty interested in it now.

I havent been able to find much information on things but I did learn, if I'm correct, and please correct me if I'm wrong - but as someone who bought the hard PC copy of FF14 when it first released, I do no need to purchase a realm reborn. That said, I was even more excited to find out I have crysta to spend and will be able to play the game next week once it's been released.

Having said all that, I'm under the impression that I require my product key for proof of my ownership to qualify for ARR where I won't need to rebuy the game. However since I was last here I've experienced a lot of life changing events and all I have is the basic case and game disc, with the english and french instruction booklets. I don't have the entire box the game discs came in any longer so I am unable to find my product key to register the game.

Is there another method to obtain my product key? I would have had to register my product key before, to play the game. The game is no longer on my PC but I haven't formatted or anything. Would the key be in my registry? Or could I request it from SE? Or do I even need it? I don't know all these answers, but I do want to be able to play ARR without having to spend more money to buy a game I already own.

Thanks for any help.

Mordecai_5744
18th Aug 2013, 16:04
Ok so in my haste I overlooked... was sitting here wondering what to do, flipped over my booklet and low and behold, my CDKEY. God, I feel dumb now.

Hope this made a few people laugh....it did me.

MayronVagabone
19th Aug 2013, 08:13
Hello as well. I also have the 1.0 CE version since 2010 and i'm a bit confused. I understand that i don't have to buy anything for Reborn release, but my Square account does not show any FF XIV title. BUT when i enter secure.square-enix domain site, data there shows that i own FF XIV as well as the token etc. I hope it will be sorted out soon and i won't have to use magic tricks to visit Eorzea :3

Roguekitty
19th Aug 2013, 16:13
Just wanted to check again to see if anyone found out anything about 1.0 version codes and early access. I can't find anything out yet :(

xxJohnBxx
19th Aug 2013, 16:44
Hello, I originally bought FFXIV v 1.0 way back in the day for my PC and I was curious if anyone could tell me how to check if my account is going to be eligible for the legacy bonuses. A couple reasons why I am asking is because 1) I preordered it for the PS3, so does that also mean since I know if you bought v1.0 you don't have to rebuy the game, wander how that works for a different platform or if I want the new game free I will have to play on PC again. 2) I had to make a new service account, under the same SE account, to play the beta on the PS3 so now in my SE account I have FF XIV account 1 and account 2. If someone could give me a link to a post about this or a web page that has info please post it here, thanks.

YuriSensen
19th Aug 2013, 19:19
From what I recall from a comment made by my Guild Leader, would be that there may be a symbol that signifies the Legacy status in character select? I think that when you are logging into the game by that far, it'll show whether or not your account has that status. I could be wrong though. I can't say how to check ahead of time, but for when the game does come around, at the very least you'll have your answer by then.

Silmoro
19th Aug 2013, 19:48
I have heard that if one owns a copy of the client from the original FFXIV, they do not need to purchase the client for ARR. If my information/premise are incorrect, please correct me, and I am sorry to have wasted anybody's time. Otherwise, I was wondering if this also gives us access to any of the pre-order perks. I was very excited about the first version and even have a collector's edition copy. If this does entitle me to any bonuses, I would like to know how to get a code to redeem for them. I'm sure there are a few others out there wondering about the same thing. Honestly, I would have loved to have the bonuses for the hard copy of ARR collector's edition, but I do not expect that much.

Dante_Marquis
19th Aug 2013, 20:15
Yes if you own the original FFXIV you do not need to buy a copy..... if you owned the original FFXIV CE you will get all the bonuses of the CE for ARR...if not and it was just a normal copy of the game you can upgrade to the CE once the game goes live :)

Ironsides
19th Aug 2013, 23:24
Ditto, can anyone provide more information for us long lost legacy players who would like to get back into it?

Mashr2010
19th Aug 2013, 23:32
Hello as well. I also have the 1.0 CE version since 2010 and i'm a bit confused. I understand that i don't have to buy anything for Reborn release, but my Square account does not show any FF XIV title. BUT when i enter secure.square-enix domain site, data there shows that i own FF XIV as well as the token etc. I hope it will be sorted out soon and i won't have to use magic tricks to visit Eorzea :3

The forum account and the secure.square-enix accounts are separate entities, even though they both use your Square Enix Account ID. Final Fantasy XIV will not show up on the account you're using for the forum login, but if you go to your account management from the support area it will appear there and should automatically upgrade you from Final Fantasy XIV to A Real Reborn come launch.

Just wanted to check again to see if anyone found out anything about 1.0 version codes and early access. I can't find anything out yet :(

Ditto, can anyone provide more information for us long lost legacy players who would like to get back into it?

As far as I know, the original Final Fantasy XIV game discs will not work for this game. I believe they will provide a way for 1.0 players to download the game, since it has been confirmed that we get the game for free. Unless you attained Legacy status, or buy the game again for the pre-order code, to my knowledge there is no way to get early access for a 1.0 account. However, 1.0 players can play for free from launch through September 9th.

Also, if you played the Open Beta, you already have everything you need in order to play the game come launch. The client used in the Open Beta for PC is usable for launch as well.

Bevel91
20th Aug 2013, 00:48
I would love to see the OFFICAL post on this, I cant seem to find it anywhere and I don't want to miss out.

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 00:56
I would love to see the OFFICAL post on this, I cant seem to find it anywhere and I don't want to miss out.

What information would you like links for? I can give you the link to the information about 1.0 players being able to play free through September 9th, and there should also be information on that and 1.0 players getting the game for free on the Final Fantasy XIV Lodestone website: lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com

Also, the legacy status getting early access was on the Final Fantasy XIV forums, which right now are down for maintenance to transition them from the 1.0 forums to the A Realm Reborn forums, so I am unable to get the official response from there, unless it is also posted on the Lodestone somewhere.

Bevel91
20th Aug 2013, 01:13
thank you, personally don't care about having to pay to play right away was looking for getting the game for free, and I will head over there and take a look this is what I was looking for thank you again

Mashr2010
20th Aug 2013, 01:22
You're welcome. I can try and narrow down the search for you, as there are a lot of posts related to Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn that are backlogged due to the limited space on the front page of the Lodestone site.

Here's a support post on it, since I wasn't sure exactly where to find it on the Lodestone month wise in the backlog.

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?id=5382&la=1&kid=67235&ret=main

Silmoro
20th Aug 2013, 01:45
Ok, thanks. I was just making sure I was not supposed to get a pre-order code via email or something. I actually do own a hard copy of FFXIV CE. Too bad there is no way to get the physical goodies of the CE short of buying another copy. It would be nice, but that is probably asking a bit much.

Bevel91
20th Aug 2013, 02:08
that was it, thank you

Lethoris
20th Aug 2013, 05:23
Hello everyone, and I apologize in advance if I'm posting this in the wrong place or asking questions that have already been answered elsewhere. (I've been looking through the support center information for about an hour and have found bits and pieces of the information I desire, but have become a tad flustered I'm afraid.)

A while back I bought FFXIV Version 1.0, though unfortunately at the time my computer was unable to handle it, so it sat idle for quite a while, while I myself was unaware of all that happened with the servers leading up to ARR. I now find myself with a renewed interest in the game, as well as a computer that can handle it, and a friend that would like to join.

I read that the old unused Version 1.0 keys would still be valid, though I'm a bit unclear on some of the details on that. Does that mean I also get the free 30 days that were a part of that key since it wasn't used prior? There was also mention that those eligible for the Legacy Campaign were eligible for early access. Does ownership of a Version 1.0 registration code mean I'm eligible for the Legacy Campaign and therefor able to register for early access as well as the Cait Sith doll and Mog Hat? Or am I misunderstanding what the Legacy Campaign is?

Edit: I did find an explanation on what exactly Legacy is, so I realize now that I was mistaken in my understanding of what that is, and that I'm also ineligible for that personally. Though I'm still curious if owning Version 1.0 counts as pre-ordering well in advance. :lmao:

The other matter I was wondering about, but couldn't find -any- information on was regarding the Eorzea Buddy Pass that came with the Version 1.0 collector's edition. Does the complete lack of information on that buddy pass mean that it won't be honored any longer once ARR launches? Or alternatively, if they are still valid and my buddy will be able to use it, will he be able to register for early access with it? Also, what happens at the end of that 30 day trial? Does he have to buy a full copy of the game or just subscribe to the monthly fee? If he does have to buy a full copy of the game, would the 30 free days included be able to be applied to give him a second month free of subscription fees, or would that second 30 days of free gameplay basically be wasted?

Thank you very much for your time and any assistance you're able to offer in these matters, and I would like to again apologize if any of these are matters that were addressed in other threads or posts, I've just been finding the information to be very disjointed and difficult to get the answers to all the questions I have, even when I find very relevant posts to my inquiries. :)

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 05:43
I have no idea about the Buddy Pass, but otherwise this is exactly what happened to me... I had bought the game in 2010 and before I even opened it, I realized that my computer wouldn't run it. I've only opened it about 3 days ago. But yes, I emailed SE a while ago asking if the code was still valid or not, and they said it is.
However... I've seen info going every way on the free time associated with these accounts, the early access, the legacy stuff, and the preorder goodies. I've seen some that say yes, some that say no... If someone could find something that was officially posted, that would be wonderful :o

Magnus00
20th Aug 2013, 07:08
I think you just need to register your code and your account should be automatically recognize, but I could be wrong, just wait for SE support to contact you so you don't get mess up.

MayronVagabone
20th Aug 2013, 09:34
I went to the Add Game section of Square account, but the cd-key composition is different than the key i have inside my 1.0 box.

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 15:42
I got something official that says we will NOT get early access. I received this email today.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Support Centre.

All FINAL FANTASY XIV 1.0 service accounts will automatically be upgraded to Version 2.0, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN, free of charge. You will not need to do anything to be able to access your original 1.0 characters in the new version. You will also be able to download the new version's game client free of charge on Windows PC.

Console players, however, will need to purchase a PlayStation 3 copy of the game in order to be able to play it on PS3, even if they are already in possession of a Windows PC copy.

1.0 version collector?s edition service accounts will also be automatically upgraded to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN collector?s edition, and will receive the corresponding in-game bonus items. 1.0 standard accounts will be able to upgrade to a collector's edition following the game launch on 27 August 2013.

All 1.0 service accounts will receive a 14 day free trial period from the launch of FINAL FANTASY XIV: A REALM REBORN, 27 August 2013. At the end of this 14 day free trial period, the usual subscription fees will apply.

Unregistered 1.0 version registration codes will remain valid and you will be able to create a new service account using them. As with all other newly created service accounts, you will receive a 30 day free trial period.These codes can only be registered following the game launch.

Early access is only available to customers pre-ordering a copy of the new game. Should you wish to gain early access, please pre-order a copy of the game and apply the early access code to your desired service account.

We hope this information has helped answer your question but please do not hesitate to contact us again should you require additional assistance.

Kind regards,

The Square Enix Support Centre

Roguekitty
20th Aug 2013, 17:50
I've talked to someone from SE about when I can register my code and everything, and about using a preorder code for a different account than the one you preordered. Here's the convo if anyone is interested

Agent Daniel A: Hello and thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX Customer Support. Just a few moments while I review your question, please.
Agent Daniel A: Please hold while I look into your issue.
Agent Daniel A: Registration for 1.0 will be open again after the release of A Realm Reborn on August 27th. All Final Fantasy XIV game registration is currently closed as we prepare for the full game release.
You: Ok, one more quick question
You: If I preorder the game and get a preorder code, can I use the preorder code for my account, and then give the registration code to my boyfriend? Or does the preorder code have to go with the registration code?
You: *the early access code, I mean
Agent Daniel A: For what system would the preorder be?
You: PC
Agent Daniel A: Standard or Collector's?
You: Standard
Agent Daniel A: If you only pre-ordered for Early Access, you should be just fine.
You: Thank you much :) I appreciate the help!
Agent Daniel A: Are there any different issues I can assist you with right now?
You: Just to double check to make sure I'm understanding this correctly. If I go preorder the game right now, and recieve an early access code, I can use the early access code with MY account (that will use a 1.0 code), and then give the registration code to my boyfriend to use after the game is released. Correct? :)
Agent Daniel A: Yes. Because you have a 1.0 code, once registered, you'll receive a free copy of A Realm Reborn for your account via email.
Agent Daniel A: Anything else?
You: Nope, that's all. Thank you so much :)
Agent Daniel A: Thank you for visiting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center! Take care and hope to see you online!
Agent Daniel A has disconnected.