PDA

View Full Version : FFXIV - Upgrade, Legacy and More

Pages : 1 [2]

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:19
very nice, thanks a lot, one more question, can you download the game client online? i moved recently and i cannot seem to find my disc..

The disc for Final Fantasy XIV 1.0 will be unusable for A Realm Reborn, so you will be able to download the client online. Here is a link to the client provided from the Open Beta, this client WILL be usable for launch. http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=5619b4001c16ec3b02e1eb8b06e5881a6f57c992 Just go to that page and click the link in the post.

KisaValkyrie
22nd Aug 2013, 03:40
Okay here is my question and I'll explain why I have it. Can you still use an FFXIV first copy key even though it was NEVER used?

Here's why I asked this- When FFXIV first came out I pre-order and and physically bought the collectors edition of the first FFXIV- then before I could even use it, my computer died and I didn't have the money at the time to replace it with a new computer that could handle it and just got a cheap computer for school work (with the hope that a few months down the road I could get a new one). Well by the time I had the some money, all my friends had left except for two, and there were rumors of the game being shut down- so I never even activated it (or got a better computer as I put money the money on bills- becoming a adult, not always fun).

Well now that Reborn is out- and I saw people who had that first collectors edition being able to use the codes and get the collectors goodies- I thought that I might be able to too. I won't be getting my PC for another month though and will be starting my account on my PS3- so hence my question- can I use the code? Note I already have the PS3 version of Reborn pre-ordered and was told that I needed two access codes to play on both my PC and my PS3 even though it would be for the same account.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:43
Okay here is my question and I'll explain why I have it. Can you still use an FFXIV first copy key even though it was NEVER used?

Here's why I asked this- When FFXIV first came out I pre-order and and physically bought the collectors edition of the first FFXIV- then before I could even use it, my computer died and I didn't have the money at the time to replace it with a new computer that could handle it and just got a cheap computer for school work (with the hope that a few months down the road I could get a new one). Well by the time I had the some money, all my friends had left except for two, and there were rumors of the game being shut down- so I never even activated it (or got a better computer as I put money the money on bills- becoming a adult, not always fun).

Well now that Reborn is out- and I saw people who had that first collectors edition being able to use the codes and get the collectors goodies- I thought that I might be able to too. I won't be getting my PC for another month though and will be starting my account on my PS3- so hence my question- can I use the code? Note I already have the PS3 version of Reborn pre-ordered and was told that I needed two access codes to play on both my PC and my PS3 even though it would be for the same account.

Yes, you can register the original Final Fantasy XIV game, as well as the Collector's Edition Onion Helm, once game registration re-opens on the 27th! Make sure you register the PS3 and PC versions to the same service account in order to be able to play your characters on both platforms.

KisaValkyrie
22nd Aug 2013, 03:44
Do I also get the Reborn extras as well?

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:50
Do I also get the Reborn extras as well?

When you register the Onion Healm you should get the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition items, The Warrior of Light Helm, Coeurl Mount, Behemoth Chocobo Barding, and Baby Behemoth minion. However, you will not get the Pre-Order Early Access, Moogle Cap and Cait Sith minion.

KisaValkyrie
22nd Aug 2013, 03:53
I pre-order it with my PS3 version though, I know because I have the early access code- I made sure of that (I'm not waiting on a new PC to play FFXIV AGAIN!).

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 03:57
I pre-order it with my PS3 version though, I know because I have the early access code- I made sure of that (I'm not waiting on a new PC to play FFXIV AGAIN!).

Ah, right, sorry I forgot you said that with my last reply! Yes, when you register the Pre-Order code to your account you will be able to use the Pre-Order items, both on your PS3 and PC as long as you register the PS3 and PC versions to the same service account! Apologies for my mistake!

KisaValkyrie
22nd Aug 2013, 04:01
Woot! Now if only the download would go fast, I know I can't play till Saturday but seeing how long it's going to take to download- I have the WOW factor. Over 8 hours- I'll have to give her a rest afterward.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 04:04
Woot! Now if only the download would go fast, I know I can't play till Saturday but seeing how long it's going to take to download- I have the WOW factor. Over 8 hours- I'll have to give her a rest afterward.

Also, that is just the client download. Make sure you launch the game on Friday to check for a patch to the game! It should be up by Friday morning, so you'll want to get that started downloading ASAP! :D

SethTP
22nd Aug 2013, 04:06
Is the code the 5 groups of 4 letters on the back of the manual? Where do you enter in your registration code after the game starts?
I also have some Product Registration Card with 4 groups of 4 letters. What do I do what that?

KisaValkyrie
22nd Aug 2013, 04:08
Also, that is just the client download. Make sure you launch the game on Friday to check for a patch to the game! It should be up by Friday morning, so you'll want to get that started downloading ASAP! :D

Well that's good- so by the time I get done work at 7am on Saturday I can play while half asleep....

KisaValkyrie
22nd Aug 2013, 04:09
The the Product registration is on the back of the manual but if you have the collectors you also have a little slip with a bonus item.

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 04:14
Is the code the 5 groups of 4 letters on the back of the manual? Where do you enter in your registration code after the game starts?
I also have some Product Registration Card with 4 groups of 4 letters. What do I do what that?

For Version 1.0, yes the Registration code is on the back of manual, it's that group of 5- 4 digit codes. You will enter it at https://secure.square-enix.com/account This site will start taking registrations again on the 27th. However, they might also launch the Mog Station on the 27th, which is where all Final Fantasy XIV account related services will be managed, but this has not been confirmed so assume that first site is the one to register on. Once logged into the site, at the bottom of the list on the left will be a Select Service option, click that then Final Fantasy XIV and on the 27th you will be able to register your code there.

That additional card, is it the Buddy Pass or does it have the Onion Helm stated on it?

SethTP
22nd Aug 2013, 04:19
That additional card, is it the Buddy Pass or does it have the Onion Helm stated on it?

Its just a red and black card that says "Register your product at Square Enix Members and get rewarded!"
Then lists the website http://member.square-enix.com/na/ and the code.
It might be nothing ?

Also i cant register it the code doesnt fit into the box at that site.
it wants 6+3+6+3 or 8+4 but my code is 4+4+4+4

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 04:24
Its just a red and black card that says "Register your product at Square Enix Members and get rewarded!"
Then lists the website http://member.square-enix.com/na/ and the code.
It might be nothing ?

Also i cant register it the code doesnt fit into the box at that site.

Ah, that is just a simple game registration card for the members account. As far as I know it provides no in game bonuses.

The members site has undergone changes since the original Final Fantasy XIV came out, so it wouldn't surprise me if that code was no longer valid.

Xillie
22nd Aug 2013, 04:59
As stated above I originally (as in pre-ordered the collectors edition) the original FF XIV back in late 2010/early 2011 but was so disappointed in the beta never cared to apply my key. I have recently been informed that all those who previously bought it can get the new version for free so I am trying to redeem that. The big issue is that when i go to register a game it gives me 2 options of what a key may look like, and the one on the booklet that came with the original disc does not have either key pattern.

Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 05:03
When you go to register Final Fantasy XIV, you will be going to this site: https://secure.square-enix.com/account . However, this website is not accepting Final Fantasy XIV registrations currently, it will most likely reopen on the 27th. To register it on the 27th you will log in there, choose the "Select Service" option towards the bottom of the list on the left side of the screen, then choose Final Fantasy XIV and Add Service. They are planning on adding a website called the Mog Station, where you will handle all Final Fantasy XIV account issues, but it is unclear as to whether or not that site will be available at launch, so the account I linked is where you can assume you will be registering the game. Hope that helps!

Xillie
22nd Aug 2013, 05:11
Thank you!

Mashr2010
22nd Aug 2013, 05:12
Thank you!

You're welcome! Glad I could help! :D

lateroy
22nd Aug 2013, 12:39
ya thanks :D then im gonna wait til 27th.
have a nice day

Intravenous
22nd Aug 2013, 23:17
Just wondering if there is like an official blurb or saying or some spin Square has to explain leaving version purchasers with way less than what they should get.

Perhaps I've read everything wrong but it seems that those that pre-ordered version 1 collectors edition only will receive some in-game items.
No early access, no replacement of our useless version 1 product.

The no early access is just like icing on the fail-cake. No biggie but way to rub it in.
To not provide me with the collectors edition is ethically lame.

If Square enjoys ripping off some life-long fans etc or my information is incorrect than please ignore all of this. :D

I made this post though wondering what Square's official response to this would be.

p.s. Had I known I could have at least returned the garbage you sold us and then I could justify buying the new version of the failed version. How about we trade? I only opened it once, mint condition etc :p

lokiie1984
23rd Aug 2013, 00:11
I have tried to google these questions but i have yet to really find any thing definitive so i figured it wold be easier to just ask.

Now for clarity I'm just a basic 1.0 user, no legacy or collectors editions as far as I'm aware. I do have the codes for the red tinted goggles applied to my account though.

My first question is, when will i be able to download and install the game? I tried the downloader but it keeps insisting that i need a early start code. Will i have to wait til Tuesday (27th) to download and install the game?

My next question is about the digital upgrade to collectors edition. Does anyone know when that will become available and how long it will be available?

My last question is pertaining to extras that come with the game. I understand that if i had owned the 1.0 collectors edition i would be able to get the new collectors items. Is there anything i will get with my standard 1.0 edition? I saw some posts say i would get the mini pet and something else like if i had pre-ordered this new version but then i have also seen some say i would get nothing but the two weeks free. Any one have a definitive answer as to what i can expect to receive?

Anyway from what i have seen so far 2.0 is looking to be a nice game. Maybe something i can finally spend more then a month or two at a time playing. That seems to be the trend lately, a months worth of content and then move on to the next one. I'm hopeful that this game will have enough to do to last longer then that.

Thanks for the help.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:12
Alright, I'll attempt to answer all these in one go!

First, you can use the downloader, but without early access it will be unavailable for your use until the 27th. So it is fine being on your computer and you do not need to install anything else!

Second, the Digital Collector's Edition upgrade should be available via the Mog Station website on Launch day, the 27th.

As a standard 1.0 owner, you will not be getting any of the bonuses pertaining to the Collector's Edition nor Pre-Order. Sorry to give you some bad news there. You will however, have free play time until September 9th, so you don't get entirely nothing, just nothing fancy in game.

AlexanderMoore
23rd Aug 2013, 02:15
I owned the Final Fantasy XIV Collector's Edition as I had it gifted to me, but the game was already closed the first time I tried playing it.

Do I have to re-purchase the game in order to play it? What does this, overall, mean for me?

Lastly, if I do, where do I have to go to do this? I cannot buy the game locally or have it shipped to me, as I now live in China (and I'm an American, so Chinese versions are out of the question, but I don't think it's coming to China anyway). I MUST download the game, or it's simply unavailable to me. And yes, I do have a VPN, so I'll be able to connect.

Thanks!

- Alex

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 02:25
All you have to do is register the game when game registration opens up on the 27th! You should be given a download link then, or alternatively you can download the Open Beta client (which is usable for Launch) here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=5619b4001c16ec3b02e1eb8b06e5881a6f57c992 . As I'm assuming you have not registered the game, you will also be granted 30 days of free time, and after you register the code for the Onion Helm you will also gain access to the A Realm Reborn Coeurl Mount, Warrior of Light Helm, Behemoth Chocobo Barding and Baby Behemoth Minion from the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition.

Silmoro
23rd Aug 2013, 03:02
How does one who played the original FFXIV go about getting the code for early access and pre-order bonuses? I own the collector's edition of the original, and my character during the open beta still has some of the special items from the original launch. Despite these things, I have not received any email about early access or bonuses. Also since the conversion to the new format, my SE account does not show any of the games I had before the transition. The new code format is also different so there is no way to re-input my old FFXIV product id into my games list. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you for your time.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 03:13
How does one who played the original FFXIV go about getting the code for early access and pre-order bonuses? I own the collector's edition of the original, and my character during the open beta still has some of the special items from the original launch. Despite these things, I have not received any email about early access or bonuses. Also since the conversion to the new format, my SE account does not show any of the games I had before the transition. The new code format is also different so there is no way to re-input my old FFXIV product id into my games list. Any help would be appreciated, and thank you for your time.

If you did not qualify for the Legacy Campaign, you will not receive Early Access unfortunately. That was reserved for Legacy members only and not all 1.0 players. The square-enix.com website, while having a code registration area, is not the place you register the game. Your game should still be registered to your account on this page: https://secure.square-enix.com/account you can check it by selecting the top or middle option in the bottom section of the list on the left of the page. If you did get Legacy status however, you will be able to play by merely logging into the game. There would be no codes for you to put in as the only bonus any 1.0 player would receive is the Early Access and none of the other Pre-Order items. I hope this helps!

Jill1808
23rd Aug 2013, 04:05
So as a Legacy player you get early access but if you want the Pre-Order Items you have to pre-order the game just like anyone else?

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 04:10
So as a Legacy player you get early access but if you want the Pre-Order Items you have to pre-order the game just like anyone else?

That is correct. And to play during Early Access, no code is required so you can just log on and play.

Koinekko
23rd Aug 2013, 04:59
So... just so I'm clear I played FFXIV way back and honestly hated it. That being said I would like to play this new version so.... do I have to wait until the 27th download the game or am I just not seeing the link. I don't see me buying the game all over again after what it was like the first time.

GeneralGanya
23rd Aug 2013, 05:06
i too have the collectors edition. a friend that also has it told me we would only get a free code for the ReBorn version. The strange part about that is the account i made with the game coad on it is no longer an account on squar-soft , no way to log in, becase its not found. Now having looked for 2 hours for a way to put the game code in to get my good code. I realize thay dont care and only want more of our money and im saddened by this act. I will not be buying another coppy of the same game Fixed and is this will not be fixed ill no longer be a custumer of Square- Enix nor will any of my friends or family.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 05:17
So... just so I'm clear I played FFXIV way back and honestly hated it. That being said I would like to play this new version so.... do I have to wait until the 27th download the game or am I just not seeing the link. I don't see me buying the game all over again after what it was like the first time.

You will not have to buy the game again. You can download the Launcher here: http://lodestone.finalfantasyxiv.com/pl/news/detail?newsId=5619b4001c16ec3b02e1eb8b06e5881a6f57c992 This is the Open Beta launcher, but it will be usable for launch, however, without Early Access, you will be unable to patch it until the 27th. Also, as a returning 1.0 player, you will be granted free access to the game until September 9th. I hope this answers all your questions!

Koinekko
23rd Aug 2013, 09:14
Thanks Mashr that's all I needed to know.

KondeyaPata
23rd Aug 2013, 16:38
Hello,

i Bought Final Fantasy 14 at the Release and played it 4 month or so. I just wonder now if i really have to buy Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn?

so... can i play Final Fantasy 14 A Realm Reborn as a Final Fantasy 14 Owner?

Another very important question:

I looked at my Account at: http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/?lang=de. And i wonder even more, because my Final Fantasy 14 Game is not registered. So i tried out to register my Final Fantasy 14 Registration ID here and failed. I got the failure message: Code invalid.

Sure i woud contact the Customer Service, but even that i fail to find.

Omegabladex
23rd Aug 2013, 17:50
You don't have to buy it if you're a 1.0 owner. If you paid for time in those 4 months, you get legacy status.

If you played when it was free, I believe you get 1 day early access, and 2 weeks free at launch. Not sure about the other pre order goodies. I preordered to get full early access and the goodies, and gave my 1.0 account to a friend to play with us.

Too bad with all the code issues I don't know if I'll be in open beta anyway unless I file a chargeback and reorder.

Mikronometrik
23rd Aug 2013, 18:33
I bought the collector edition of the original FFXIV and played. I was wondering if we also get the early access on the 24th along with the stuff from the new collector edition. If so, where do we enter the game code if we need to do so.

Thank you.

Mashr2010
23rd Aug 2013, 19:15
I bought the collector edition of the original FFXIV and played. I was wondering if we also get the early access on the 24th along with the stuff from the new collector edition. If so, where do we enter the game code if we need to do so.

Thank you.

If you have registered the Collector's Edition Onion Helm, you will get the A Realm Reborn Collector's Edition. However, unless you obtained Legacy Status by paying for 90 days worth of game time between January 2012 and billing shut down in September 2012, you will not have Early Access. To obtain the Collector's Edition items, no more codes are necessary, you need to only log in and they will be delivered via the Delivery Moogle found in various locations throughout the game. I hope this helps!

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 01:39
Ok, so we are returning players from 1.0.

We have talked a few friends in to playing the game also, quite a few actually.

We are having issues with a few things at the moment.

First issue is, those of us who are returning players from 1.0, are being told our accounts are not active when logging in to the launcher. When checking our account status on our main accounts, it states it is Active.

Second issue is, how are the 1.0 players suppose to gain early access if we cannot upgrade our accounts to the CE edition until after 27th Aug?

Third issue is, the new players we got in to the game now, the codes they recieve will be NA or EU keys? Because when this game was first released, Australia was classed a EU region (lord knows why.....) and as we are AU players, we are worried that those of us who are 1.0 players, will be seperated from the new players.

All in all, seems like alot of this hasn't been 100% thought through and it is looking to be a poor start already.

Bachfin
24th Aug 2013, 02:25
ok to start with it doesn't matter which region you register you can still all play on the same servers and second if your a 1.0 player and not legacy and you want to play in early access you simple have to pre-order the digital download to get the early access code

If you played in the beta all of this was explained on the beta forums.

dragonCCTV
24th Aug 2013, 07:08
i have registered the Collector's Edition Onion Helm on 2010, but now, my profile no game and no mail no key to me. what was wrong?

Taemek
24th Aug 2013, 08:25
Right so in other words, they are expecting all the 1.0 players who didn't stick around for 3 months in a broken game to go out of our way to spend another 60 bux to gain early access when we could of simply paid to upgraded our accounts?

Typical Square money grabbers all over again.

bustaballs
24th Aug 2013, 09:17
I betaed the original FFXIV and preordered the CE version. I bought 5000 crysta for service use the moment that the game was out. I was pretty sure that I qualified for the early access of ARR but it just says "No valid or active service account is available to play FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. "

Scarcity06
24th Aug 2013, 09:19
If you didn't preorder the reincarnation of ff14, you didn't qualify for early access, regardless of your previous status. At least that's what I'm led to believe from what I've read around the interwebs. You need to have preordered this most recent version to be able to access the game today.

bustaballs
24th Aug 2013, 09:44
I was pretty sure I read somewhere that legacy members who paid for more than 3 months of service would get early access. So, whatever. I bought another ARR account on amazon just now, got my code and I'm just getting Error 3. =/

I hope I didn't just waste $30.

Easysim
24th Aug 2013, 13:15
I know there is a lot of legacy members that have used the World Transfer Application and during phase 4 were dumped into the wrong world. Is there any resolution to this issue? Are those members going to be able to redo there world selection? Any Feedback would be helpful as I have 2 friends that are legacy members and participated in the beta testing and they would like to get together with me on the launch weekend to play, unfortunately they were put into 2 separate worlds.

Silmoro
24th Aug 2013, 13:52
Would have sworn I played long enough to qualify for legacy, darn. Okay, thanks anyway. Guess I'll be waiting til release...

straydevil
24th Aug 2013, 13:56
alot of people are trying to do this quest and subdue the egg thief, we get the message "a system error occured during event movement".
please fix

Timothy1121
24th Aug 2013, 14:28
I have a question. How do we know if we are part of the legacy campaign? I played my old char on phase 3 and 4 so does that mean I was part of that campaign? If so, I originally played on PC but have been doing beta on ps3, how would I go about playing on my ps3 without having to buy the game since I have to download the client on my ps3 and not just restart on my pc?

Zevkariah
24th Aug 2013, 18:51
Hi,

I have a FF14 1.0 normal edition but its not an EU version but an NA version. I logged in to my account and dont see any client to download for FF14 reborn. Do I have to wait for the day of launch then i can dl the client or smtg? Please direct me in the links and steps to go to to install this game for an NA Final fantasy 1.0 user.

Basically for my game I'm directed to go here to access my account http://member.square-enix.com/na/ and in there i dont see any upgrade to my existing 1.0 version and nowhere to dl the game client. Please help!

Zevkariah
24th Aug 2013, 18:56
I do not have a registered game here http://eu.square-enix.com/en/
but have one here https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/login?cont=account
they seem to be two different sites with different account. Please direct me ty!

Demi__God
24th Aug 2013, 19:28
From what I have read, you can use the original product registration code in your account management > select a service > FFXIV when the game actually launches. For now, it says product registration is unavailable.

This is all hearsay though. It seems a little silly you cannot download the game ahead of time. Purchasers of 1.0 are being punished, really. If I hadn't supported them by buying the game early on, I would have been in most players shoes that simply pre-ordered it and would be in early access.

Tinuval
24th Aug 2013, 20:43
apparently 1.0 did not get early access. You cant play until launch unless you preorder and get a code.

Chemikal36
25th Aug 2013, 00:16
I bought the original FFXIV collectors edition and "had" it associated with this account. I thought the original purchase was still good for ARR, and if so I'm not able to enter in the keycode per the 18 key code because this one is 20.

ZankokuRyu
25th Aug 2013, 00:26
As a previous player of FFXIV and a legacy member, I simply logged in and started playing. No code to redeem no hoops. Though I did have to do a google search to find the game client.

Puntbabies
25th Aug 2013, 00:47
I originally purchased FFXIV from GAMESTOP as a digital download and had to play through their app. My concern is when I tried registering the product key I was given from GAMESTOP it does not fit either of the 2 formats that ARR requires. Will I just be able to download and play when the game releases on the 27th? Or is something wrong with their digitcal copies that I won't be able to play? Thanks in advance for any response.

EvilPOKES
25th Aug 2013, 01:36
This was not the case for me and several of my friends!

DarkProphet81
25th Aug 2013, 01:40
same here

ThunderTopaz
25th Aug 2013, 01:43
I haven't been on SquareEnix sense December and sense I'm now getting a proper computer to play my FFXIV on (I got the Special Edition when FFXIV first came out) and I wanted to know where to go to re-add my FFXIV payment information at sense the website obviously changed.

some other info: I am a Legacy member as well as having the SE pre-order box when it first came out so I can get the special Minion thing but It said I registered today even though I've been a SquareEnix Member for awhile now. So I'm worried if I'm still eligible to receive my special chocobo mount and special bonuses for being a Legacy Member.

EvilPOKES
25th Aug 2013, 01:45
I am calling bull**** on you ZankokuRyu

Painjunkie
25th Aug 2013, 01:47
1.0 owners will not be able to play until after early access, unless you paid a subscription for three months after the original boxed month. Thats what makes you a legacy player, not just owning the original game

We will not be able to play until we input payment method for a subscription on the Mog station, which will not be up until the 27th.

Thats why if you log in it redirects you to a another page.

Basically, you wont play until they have your credit card info.

Puntbabies
25th Aug 2013, 05:56
any info?

WizzyT
25th Aug 2013, 13:40
So I recently Decided to try out the Beta (Phase 4) with the code I was given.

Was this all owning 1.0 Gets us?.

I fully expected to receive a Pre-order code (Considering I own the game already) and yet nothing.

In fact It doesn't even show in My Profile as having FFXIV - Just FF7.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Painjunkie
25th Aug 2013, 14:04
Was this all owning 1.0 Gets us?.
SE has decided to pick and choose their Legacy players based on subscription fees. They have disregarded the initial purchase of FFXIV 1.0 as making us Legacy players. So Far i have over $100 USD involved in this game and apparently that is not enough for SE to honor their first mistake.

We dont get early access unless we paid sub fees for 3 months. Which is ridiculous, because the 1.0 launch was terrible and everyone quit the game within days. True story.

We wont be able to play until we enter our credit card info for a recurring sub on the mogstation, which is not open until the 27th.

My profile does not show the 1.0 edition either. I now own 2 copies of FFVII, one i bought from steam and the other appeared a few days ago. I have no clue why my info was replaced. I know for a fact that i had only two games thru them and one was FFXIV 1.0 and FFVII

Chams361
25th Aug 2013, 17:03
Can you guys help me with a link, or something. I've made tickets and things but none have been answered i want to start playing this game but you just wont let me...

Chemikal36
25th Aug 2013, 17:15
That's all fine and dandy with me, dissapointed I don't get early access but with the type of response of the server statuses I probably would give it a week or 2 before I play anyways. I just don't see any thing associated with my account which is worrying me.

Painjunkie
25th Aug 2013, 18:36
https://secure.square-enix.com/account

If you go to this link and log in you can review your account info.

My game is shown there as registered from Sept 2010, but it has disappeared from the new SE profile.

once your there:

Select service

Select FFXIV

Note that it says in small red letters "code registration currently unavailable"

Also make sure you have a registered payment method. It wont help you get in until launch but it is a required step before they will let you sign on. I'm not sure, but i dont think we will be charged until after our 15 free days.

if you want to see what games are registered:

Select "Confirm Account Status"

Select "Display"

This will show you your past account registrations. If you are a 1.0 player it shows your 2010 registration and it will show when you beta registered the 2.0 version.

Novastarone
25th Aug 2013, 22:05
So I get that 1.0 was a dismal failure, I mean, square hasn't really done a good final fantasy since when?

Like a bunch of my friends, I bought this game hoping it was better. Like quick a few of them I was appalled at how ineffectively Square has handled and "quashed" bugs. I quote quashed because they keep coming back and obviously someone in tech support is sitting on his derrier.

Why am i so irritated and writing an angry little rant? Well, I went to bed 10 hours ago with world server bugs. Half a day gone by, not only is there no patch notes, there nothing from square addressing these problems and 10 hours later I still cannot log in.

I am very very close to asking for my money back. This is bull****, especially since Japanese servers are running fine, but Square decided to defecate all over its NA/EU playerbase.

Not a happy consumer, and definitely don't take back anything I've said about square~

Gomly1980
25th Aug 2013, 22:12
square hasn't really done a good final fantasy since when?

I don't care what people want to debate over but that is one subject i'm not touching.

I once told my wifes sister I like FFXII and for 4 months after that, whenever we went to visit, she made me stay out in the car.

Opeabia
25th Aug 2013, 22:47
Where can i DL the game ?

paleto
26th Aug 2013, 03:04
i was told i can redeem my old ff14 code. now the codes are either of the two. which isnt any. anybody that knows what's going on can tell me the short story?

Mallust
26th Aug 2013, 03:07
The servers sucka and the People behind them have no clue what they are doing , you wont be able to play anyway so it don't matter. THeir servers hold like 1000 people if that and that is all of them combined, Refunds incoming for another fail grats on producing a fail 2X.

dudemanjac
26th Aug 2013, 05:11
I bought the game originally and kinda feel like anyone who did, especially someone who had crysta sitting waiting should be in early. I didn't play the legacy thing cause I wasn't particularly happy with the game. I hear a few weren't. A case could be made that I had a pre order right? Anyway, they make the rules. It would be nice if there was a way for me to buy my way in to a preorder without buying the game. Not that it seems to matter. really. Wonder what went wrong between Phase 3 and 4 to cause all this. Wonder why no one though a que system should be longer.

It's nice to be excited about a game. Think I'll take off work on Wednesday. Somehow I doubt this will still be working on Tuesday.

SkeithDell
26th Aug 2013, 06:08
Hello all,

So a while back I purchased a boxed version of the original Final Fantasy 14. Unfortunately, this was just after they closed registration and I was unable to redeem it. I'd like to be able to play ARR so I was wondering if I can use my old, unused code to create an account for ARR? I haven't found any place on their site where I can input the code and all for um answers I've seen have not been clear.

Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you soon.

Vadrotan
26th Aug 2013, 06:13
I'm in the same boat. I know the old codes are supposed to work, but I guess how is the question.

Kusorai
26th Aug 2013, 06:19
You're probably dealing with high registration volume. As we speak right now tons of people are trying to redeem their codes. It probably won't work right until later in the week.

TheLunarNeko
26th Aug 2013, 10:14
From what I've understood, the codes should work fine.. but that is after release. If that is immediately or even days after, I have no idea.

Mako_Fiend
26th Aug 2013, 17:01
Hi admins,

I bought this game for my brother since he said he couldn't wait to play it so i set up a new account and used the codes sent to me via email well come to find out my brother already had a FFxiv legacy account...

I'm not looking for a refund just looking to apply the code I used on the account i made to his account and to delete this one... not sure what all that would take if its even possible.

Mako_Fiend
26th Aug 2013, 17:12
And I'm referring to the pre-order bonus code and early access code but I guess he doesn't need the early game access code since he's legacy.

Chemikal36
26th Aug 2013, 22:19
yup! that's where it's registered!! Atleast I know it's associated with my account now. I'll have to wait for SE to figure out their end now. Thanks Painjunkie.

Kusorai
27th Aug 2013, 00:13
Weird I always thought those kinds of things were automatically converted when ARR came along.

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 04:23
So I saw a link today saying " Free FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Client Download for Users who Purchased FFXIV 1.0 " So i downloaded it, logged in and it asked for my registration code. I then proceeded to dig out my old CE box and enter it in. It then told me code was already registered....whats the deal? What do I do?

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 04:27
So I saw a link today saying " Free FFXIV: A Realm Reborn Client Download for Users who Purchased FFXIV 1.0 " So i downloaded it, logged in and it asked for my registration code. I then proceeded to dig out my old CE box and enter it in. It then told me code was already registered....whats the deal? What do I do?

InsanityWave
27th Aug 2013, 04:59
Thanks for the info Painjunikie, cleared up a lot of questions on my part. Time to wait for tomorrow :)

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 05:43

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 06:18
Bump

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 06:19
Bump

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 06:19
Bump

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 06:41
Bump

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 06:42
Bump

ZeroW0lf
27th Aug 2013, 06:43
Bump

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 09:09
I've been hearing that we'd be allowed to upgrade our accounts to CE after launch. I was just wondering if that was true, and when that would be available?

My early access account was gifted to me by someone for my birthday, so I didn't get the option to just go with CE, but I want a collectors edition account, and I'd be more than willing to pay the difference for an upgrade!

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 09:16
bamp

DawnNoMoreRises
27th Aug 2013, 09:17
early access account != full account.
if you have no product code, aside from the early access code, you need to buy the game first.
this can be done in a gamestore or from SE's webshop.

this is besides the fact if there will be an option to upgrade (heard about it as well, no official answer found)

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 09:22
early access account != full account.
if you have no product code, aside from the early access code, you need to buy the game first.
this can be done in a gamestore or from SE's webshop.

this is besides the fact if there will be an option to upgrade (heard about it as well, no official answer found)

I know EA = full account, and I have the game and it works, and I've been playing it and all...

I just really want CE items, but I'm not seeing any way to upgrade, and I'm not seeing any word of it on the forums or news or website or anything.

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 09:31
I really hope they let us upgrade, because if not, it would be really upsetting.

DawnNoMoreRises
27th Aug 2013, 09:34
EA account DOES NOT mean a full account...
you need to purchase the game if you haven't already done so. if you bought the game you get a new set of serial numbers

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 09:53
EA account DOES NOT mean a full account...
you need to purchase the game if you haven't already done so. if you bought the game you get a new set of serial numbers

I'm fairly certain that you're wrong on that one... I don't think they'd have people pay $30 just to play 3 days of early access. That doesn't even make sense.

That's also like saying if you ordered CE, you still have to purchase the game.

If you pre-order, it gives you the game, plus EA and rewards like the cap and the doll.

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 09:55
Reference this: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/product/

DawnNoMoreRises
27th Aug 2013, 10:07
correct,
but the EA codes are different than the Full Game codes; as such, you need to register twice on the Mog Station. once for EA and the second (full product code) for your 30 days free playtime.
if you have a physical copy of FFXIV, please refer to the code in that box and add it to your Mog Station account; if you received/purchased a digital copy in SE's webshop, it is possible that you will receive your code soon (there are problems sending them out).

for adding the full product code refer to:
EU: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68794-EU-Precautions-Concerning-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Licenses
NA: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/68792-NA-Precautions-Concerning-FINAL-FANTASY-XIV-Licenses

MrVevic
27th Aug 2013, 10:33
Oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh......

Okay, I see what you mean. I didn't get a second code, though, but I'm not an idiot and can actually wait a few days without complaining about that on the forums, even though there are already 50 forums posts complaining about it.

Thank you for that information.

Zero1UP
27th Aug 2013, 19:17
Having this same issue as well

KoboldKommando
27th Aug 2013, 21:01
Someone told me I was supposed to get a copy of Realm Reborn for free, but I'm not sure if that actually happened. Anyone able to give me some clarification for this?

Dong-Zhuo
27th Aug 2013, 21:46
Unless I'm mistaken, I think it only applies to brand new copies. So if you bought it used off ebay or something, you're probably out of luck. If you bought it new, I would THINK it would work, but don't quote me.

KoboldKommando
27th Aug 2013, 23:46
It was a new collectors edition. I'll see if Support can give me any details. Thanks.

Demi__God
27th Aug 2013, 23:52
Just log in with your 1.0 account and you can play. You don't get a new copy of the game, just access to ARR for free.

Nikonarou
28th Aug 2013, 00:22
I have an old copy i got a year ago. I originally had the CE version, but at the time the game was so bad i didn't care if i lost it. Later i got the copy i have now, to retry it. Still unsatisfied i canceled my sub and moved on. Now i want to play. I have that copy and the registration code. But it tells me that the registration has already been used. Kinda clueless as to what to do next. My account says no registered games as well.

wyliec0y0te
28th Aug 2013, 08:49
Hi all

I already have a copy of the disaster that was FFXIV back in 2010. How do I download this new one for free please, as I believe you can do somehow if you already own a copy of the older game.

Thank you in advance.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 08:54
You should take a look around Lodestone, that's where SE publish most game info:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f0e773b64c0faf06296123d5c162953ddc95c9e5

SageJMP
28th Aug 2013, 09:00
check the mogstation, https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/mogstation/

Log in with your old account and see what it shows for your services. I don't know if you qualify for legacy though, you had to have paid for 90 days of subscription back in 1.0. Legacy players only have to pay 9.99 a month instead of 14.99.

You can download the client from http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/na/

Necroangel
28th Aug 2013, 11:53
I have an old copy i got a year ago. I originally had the CE version, but at the time the game was so bad i didn't care if i lost it. Later i got the copy i have now, to retry it. Still unsatisfied i canceled my sub and moved on. Now i want to play. I have that copy and the registration code. But it tells me that the registration has already been used. Kinda clueless as to what to do next. My account says no registered games as well.

I'm on the same boat.

TheRealKraggy
28th Aug 2013, 12:02
Canceling a sub. doesn't (shouldn't) delete your registration, did you in fact cancel your service?

When you log into your SE account what do you see if you click on "Select Service" under the "Service and Options" section. I get FFXIV and FFXI listed on the right-hand side. Clicking FFXIV takes you to the new Moogle Station page where it lists my FFXIV account details. Are you not seeing this?

If not I suspect you'll need to open a Support Ticket (the "Square Enix Support Center" button top left of the main SE Account page.

Necroangel
28th Aug 2013, 12:26
Long story short, I played the original about a year back, I wanted to try this one, downloaded the client and logged in, it then asked me to enter my 20 digit code, so I entered the one on my original copy, it said that it had already been used, obviously, I used it. I then logged in to my account on the SE website and it said that I had no games registered, I tried to re-register my game but I could not as none of the formats provided was compatible with the code I had... So what to do?

Here's what i did.

Go to this link: http://www.square-enix.com/na/account/

then click the "Square Enix Account Management System" on the top left. Its a blue-ish button.

On the left, go down to "Service and Options" and click "Select Service"

Then Click Final Fantasy XIV (the one with the A Realm Reborn Logo)

This will then redirect you to the Mogstation where you will see the 1.0 edition you had, it will give you the option to reactive.
Its pretty straight-forward from there.

ItsXtreme
29th Aug 2013, 01:47
Ok so I have the Original 1.0 CE Physical with box and all and I obviously can't use the product code in the activation section since it Doesn't fit. Apparently If you own 1.0 you don't need to repurchase so....... how do I get the new client now? No the old launcher won't work tried that. I can't seem to find an answer anywhere. So I am at a loss here and help is appreciated.

ItsXtreme
29th Aug 2013, 01:48
I also scanned my emails and didn't receive any info on this either.

Tathlow
29th Aug 2013, 02:22
I have tried it also... It appears you shall have to repurchase the game... I could be wrong. I hope to be wrong. I shall not repurchase the game for ethical reasons.

darkdaniel
29th Aug 2013, 08:15
Hi all! ive got final fantasy xiv 1, i need to buy realm reborn to continue playing ?

TheRealKraggy
29th Aug 2013, 08:57
No, V1 owners can download V2 free:

http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/f0e773b64c0faf06296123d5c162953ddc95c9e5

Treesong
29th Aug 2013, 11:29
Hello, I still had an unopened copy of FFXIV Garlond Edition, and figured I try using the keycode on my freshly made Square Enix account to see if it is still valid somehow. When I enter the 6letter-3digit-6letter-3digit code and push Next, it shows me a picture of a generic FFXIV box but then when I press next, I just come back at the 'enter code' screen. No error or invalid message, nothing.

Have the keys of the Original FFXIV copies all been obsoleted?

Also, as I understand it, the above code is for FFXIV 'membership'. I also have another code on the manual that consists of 5x4 digits/letters that seems to be for the actual registration of the game. However, on the 'enter code' page, there is no way to enter a code in such format.

Anybody know anything about this? I am a little hesitant to put up a support ticket, would like to know if it is even possible to use an Original code (unused off course) for the relaunched game.

Thanks!

TheRealKraggy
29th Aug 2013, 11:39
The 'membership' code is likely for the domain this forum is part of, which is mainly a marketing/general SE site and nothing directly connected with the game. I can't recall the process of entering the registration code so I'm not really sure what you're seeing so won't guess about the other one.

AFAIK original game codes are still valid, I *think* I've seen people saying they've used them but again, not sure.

You may want to check the real game forums in case there are comments there which directly answer this:

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/forums/619-English-Forums

this forum is largely just a social watering hole with no SE 'support' staff in residence beyond the SE employees that run the site and forums.

CharmingCheshire
29th Aug 2013, 19:27
Ok so here's my dilemma: I bought 1.0 CE way back when it came out and played for a few months before finally giving up on the game. I can log in to the ONLY account I have and see my account history from May 2010. I've tried using what registration codes I have to get the CE 2.0 items on my account but it says they are already registered; even though I log in with the ONLY account I have for the game I do not see 1.0 as being registered to this account.

I know, it makes no sense to me either.

So first things first, what is going on? I know there will be questions regarding this, so please ask them and I will try clarify further.

TL;DR - Why is my CE 1.0 game not showing on my account but says it's already registered when I try to add it? My registration code for 1.0 is also 16 digits and not 20 so what am I missing? ( have a buddy pass that's 20 digits but it too has already been registered)

Feylong
29th Aug 2013, 20:51
Bought the original collectors edition. Played for about 3 months then quit.
Played a few of the recent beta's and liked it.

However when I try and log into the new game client it says my password is invalid when it is not!

When I log into square-enix website under my profile it says no linked games and I cannot add the key from the old version as it is in the wrong format.

Help, what do I need to do thanks?

Tsuko85
29th Aug 2013, 21:27
I ordered a copy of the ARR PC Collectors Edition and there is no record of it
Was it automatically cancelled because I have the Original XIV Collectors Edition?

Tsuko85
29th Aug 2013, 21:32
No, V1 owners can download V2 free:

What the hell is Lodestone, It won't let me log in until I make a character...

CharmingCheshire
29th Aug 2013, 23:50
I would think they are both suppose to show on our accounts but honestly I have no idea. Hopefully we get a somewhat decent reply soon. I'm not THAT worried about it, but it would be nice to have something to show for having bought the 1.0 CE

Tsuko85
30th Aug 2013, 21:33
Why am I not marked for Legacy Status on Final Fantasy XIV, I own the 1.0 Collectors Edition and subcribed to the game for over 90 days 3 months worth of playtime and I don't have that icon anywhere on my account

SageJMP
31st Aug 2013, 00:46
did you include the 30 days free time from the original purchase, this time isn't included in the 90 days. It had to be 90 days after the free time (basically 120 days total)

Seifer
31st Aug 2013, 12:01
I own a collectors edition of the original ffxiv, but I havent played it in over a year.
From what I've read and been told I'm supposed to get ARR for free since I own the original game, however I have no idea where I can download the game client.
If I try to register the game to my Square Enix account it finds the game after I enter the code, however when I press register game nothing happens.
I understand that they have closed off digital purchase for the time being because of the server overload, however I technically already own the game. Shouldn't there be a way for me to innstall it?

Any help is appreciated.

( I even have an active subscription, which have been active for over a year now without me playing. )

Morgan_sir1
31st Aug 2013, 16:28
I have the same problem. I've got the old version but when I try to register the game it does nothing.

Kanjakah
31st Aug 2013, 19:17
Hi there.

I got the original version of FFXIV, i have played the beta test of realm reborn and now i want know where i can upgrade my FFXIV original version in a real reborn version.

In the SE site i can't enter the original code i've got.

Need help please.

TheRealKraggy
31st Aug 2013, 20:27
I think this is the info you probably need:

Kanjakah
31st Aug 2013, 20:43
ty, but i have this client, and when i try to enter my FFXIV original key, they said me the key is used.
I don't understand what i need to do.

Jezebell
31st Aug 2013, 21:07
Hey there,

I have the same problem. I bought 'the old' FFXIV when it started. Today I've upgraded it to arr (downloaded the new client). If I want to register my 'old game' it tells me that the key is already used, but I have no opportunity to select the game or something. Could someone help?

Azreee
31st Aug 2013, 22:39
Mine upgraded automatically with 15 days of free game time.

Jezebell
1st Sep 2013, 09:37
:(( when I started the old version it told me, that it isn't playable any longer...hmm. I've written the support but don't think that they will answer.

Hexmage
1st Sep 2013, 13:49
I bought a classic Final Fantasy XIV CE on release. But because of the bad reviews it was getting and the promise of being remade, I never installed it. Now that the game was rereleased I expected my CE key to work. But it looks like it doesn't. Anyone know what is up with this?

Timothy1121
1st Sep 2013, 14:16
So let me get all this straight...
I was a legacy player and played on my character throughout the entire beta process. I was not supposed to even to have to purchase the game. Due to the lack of help and lack of codes I was forced to purchase it. I go to log on and for the past 2 days it has the world is currently full.

So I have bought a game TWICE that does not work? SE cannot answer the dang phones (Worst customer service in the world).
WTH is there non que system? I am in the legacy servers and those should have room available.
This whole situation is bullcrap! :mad:

WelshSpeed
1st Sep 2013, 15:17
If you bought the first ffXIV then you should get the new ffXIV for free, just wait till the issues are fixed and contact square enix for your free copy. (thay removed digi copys for the min wait till thay come bk then get your free version)

Tsuko85
1st Sep 2013, 16:12
did you include the 30 days free time from the original purchase, this time isn't included in the 90 days. It had to be 90 days after the free time (basically 120 days total)

Yes, I played XIV 1.0 since it came out until it was cancelled

Phight
2nd Sep 2013, 04:42
So, I owned Final Fantasy XIV and it was total crap. But if I want to try Reborn, do I have to purchase the whole game again? Even though it is just an improved version of what I already bought?

Igaxxx
5th Sep 2013, 06:34
My account seems to not show me as having this game, even though I bought the original one back when it bombed. I read somewhere I need the CDkey from that retail box to claim my account again and play this one.... is this true? If it is then that sucks as I will not be able to get that key, moved a couple of times since then and no idea where it is and sure as hell not buying the game again. If it was fun and fixed I might have subbed up but not going to risk it a second time and shame on Square Enix not keeping accounts up to date with players games!

TheRealKraggy
5th Sep 2013, 06:49
Er, what? You 'read' something somewhere, come here and ask, assume the answer and then rant against SE based on your assumed answer.

Okay.

There are a large number of players who bought V1 and who are now playing V2! The download is freely available and you just log in and play. I have no idea what you read about a 'CD key' but I personally have a non-Legacy account that's playing V2 just fine!

Here, read!

What do you mean "my account seems to not show me as having the game"? Do you mean you don't have FFXIV listed as a Service Account? Can't see how that could be based on my own personal experience.

Igaxxx
5th Sep 2013, 07:35
First of all, not a rant. I am seeking information and since you are not someone that had the original you would not be aware of the issue I am having. No where does FFXIV show listed as me being able to play, A Google search shows a FAQ that is not of SE that says I need the CDkey from my original purchase. Sadly a search of the SE support has not yielded any information. Now maybe someone in the know will come along and confirm that the CDkey is needed or that there is another way. As I said if a CDkey is the only way I can try the game again then I am done with SE, I refuse to re-buy this game after the first burn.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 07:48
You'll find Kraggy did have the original verison hence his comment "I personally have a non-Legacy account that's playing V2 just fine!" which means he had V1 of the game but did not qualify for 'Legacy' status. So he knows what he's talking about with this.

Igaxxx
5th Sep 2013, 07:56
And Kraggy did not have to input a cdkey??? My account shows nothing was subbed for one extra month on the version 1 release and got nota now after having to make a new account and then link old account and new.... why the hell they go through this anyway??? SE wasn't bought or anything was it.

Hippy_Pickle
5th Sep 2013, 08:05
I didn't have V1 so I don't know the process but FFXIV 1.0 owners don't receive the 30 day trial, you just get a download of ARR for free

darkserius
5th Sep 2013, 19:06
hello, I have a problem and come to see if you can help me, I tell you what happens:
I have a copy of the old FFXIV and so that I can play ARR and this is where I have the problem in mog station I get that I have bellonging but being an old copy I have no download manager ARR. I can do?

TheRealKraggy
6th Sep 2013, 06:47
Download the game here, SE provided this just for players like you (and me) who had bought V1 and had a valid game code but needed somewhere to download the game from:

http://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/playersdownload/eu/

Treesong
9th Sep 2013, 11:53
Thanks TheReal Kraggy, after your reply I gave the official forums another try and this time I could fish up two links that actually brought me to a place where I could register the code, i.e. the MOG station.

So not on the offical Square Enix site(even though this is where you are directed to by the leaflets in the box, and where you can indeed put in some membership code), not on the Official FFXIV site, not on the Lodestone community site but on the 'MOG station', of which I had never heard, untill someone linked it in some thread. And afterwards I indeed managed to find an obscure link to it on the Lodestone page under Help and Support.

I remember this same hassle back when I registered for FFXI, very convoluted. Anyway, got it working, thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Mike.

Hippy_Pickle
9th Sep 2013, 12:06
I think the confusion comes from the codes that are for 'Square-Enix Members' which come with every SE game nowadays, this is just to show you have the game on this sites profile and as Kraggy said is not a game 'registration' code.

This has caused massive confusion because boxed copies of FFXIV come with at least 2 codes, one is the reg code and the other is just the SE members club thing.

TheRealKraggy
9th Sep 2013, 14:56
Having bought a CE myself because I wanted to the 'hardcopy' toys I know what you mean, especially as the first card you see IS the 'members' one. Knowing how it works I went looking for the 'real' code and found it underneath the instructions.

Had I been new to SE I'd have taken the first code I saw as the game code, put the DVD in and installed, I doubt I'd have seen the second one which was face-down!

Yes, 'user error' caused in haste, but SE make it easy to screw up .. WHY have a separate code for these forums and the store anyway, why not make any 'full' registration work?

Angryfist
12th Sep 2013, 02:06
i bought a copy of this game back when it was first released, but i was wondering what happens? can we still use the old game code and not have to by another copy or what? can someone please help me out thanks

Nadasaki
12th Sep 2013, 16:02
I own a Final Fantasy XIV 1.0

When I tried to enter the serial number from the box in "add new game" page, it clearly shows "Final Fantasy 14" after clicking the "check" button. But after finishing the process - nothing happens. Not even an error message or a confirmation of success.

Can someone give an explanation on whether this is a temporary problem or a known one?

Nadasaki
13th Sep 2013, 12:43
UPDATE:
I have tried entering the same code on MogStation via "Add new service account" but the entry fields are not the same as the code from my 1.0 box. Does that mean I've wasted money on this purchase? :(

Angryfist
13th Sep 2013, 21:05
this is such BS i mean i bought the game when it truely came out and now they stiff me with having to buy the game again they is just not right guess i will just stay to playing Free to Play games then. because i am not going to spend more money to find out it was another wash of a release.... i tried to post this on the other Forums i found but it said i had to make a Char. first i was like if i could make a char. i wouldn't be posting this...

Nadasaki
16th Sep 2013, 11:28
So basically from from what I understand so far:
If you haven't played the 1.0 version for a specific period of time, you can't use it to upgrade it to ARR?

I mean, I had this 1.0 standing on my shelf and finally when I found the time to install it, to my surprise - I find out there's a re-release and my game doesn't work anymore - it's obsolete and useless. Wow, thanks a lot SE.

One more unsatisfied customer.

TheRealKraggy
16th Sep 2013, 11:51
i bought a copy of this game back when it was first released, but i was wondering what happens? can we still use the old game code and not have to by another copy or what? can someone please help me out thanks
Did you register it at the time with an SE Account? If so then you can simply download and play.

If not, and I can't think why you'd have bought it and not registered to play it, I'm, not sure if the original codes still are expected to work or not, you'd need to open a Customer Service ticket.

Cheesepolice
16th Sep 2013, 14:52
So, back when the 1.0 version launched I bought it and played a few days but I quickly became confused and stopped playing. I've been following A Realm Reborn for a while and wanted to try it.

I recieved an e-mail saying that customers who bought 1.0 would not have to purchase the new version, but due to my lack of memory I had already forgotten my password and secret answer.

I tried to login at first because I wanted to check if I could remember my password, but the page went on and wanted me to create a new account (or so I thought?). The account page says my account was created back in 2010, but that I've got access to no game. I found this weird, but accepted it as I could have made two accounts back in 2010 (who knows?).

I came home today and found that I was able to order the game, and so I did. I went ahead and got the collector's edition and it processed and is now shown on my account page. The problem occurs however when I'm going to the mog-station to apply my collector edition code...... I already got access to the standard edition with 1.0 rewards.

Why is this system so god damn hard to work? I've got an account page which said I didn't have any games until I purchased the collector's edition, while the mog-station (using the same username and password) claims I've got the 1.0 code activated.

I feel cheated.

Edit: I believe I've got two options at this point:
1. Upgrade my standard version on mog-station to collector's edition and give the new key to my sister (if that's even possible as it's linked to my accountpage??)
2. Get a refund for the newly purchased key

DarkZeal
19th Sep 2013, 07:08
Hello.
I have a code of game: Final Fantasy XIV Online
Can i have activate my code for game FINAL FANTASY XIV ONLINE: REALM REBORN ?

Regards. Thanks you.

jimmypoopins
19th Sep 2013, 23:14
hi all,

i bought the version 1 collectors edition back when it came out in 2011, and just today i decided to play realm reborn, but i'm having issues getting my account working.

when i run the launcher, i log in fine, but it asks me to put in a registration code, and when i put my code back from 2011 it says it's already been registered.

when i log onto the website, it shows my account there and existing but it says it's inactive. do i need to subscribe in order to get it working?

thanks in advance for the help.

lockevi
28th Sep 2013, 13:45
Ok, so I have a copy of FFXIV:CE 1.0 cost me 80 dollars day one. I played it for a month and than after that... played for a brief bit during the free time.
So i actually played my game, but on my square-enix account its not listed on my "games" list. So I download the client from FFXIV ARR and preceded to fill out the requested information.. So I entered my Key in on the back of my booklet and it said "the game code is already registered".... Well... DAhh....
So I proved I own the game lol. Not sure why I cant proceed with the download. Am I missing something?

jabbywocks
28th Sep 2013, 18:06
Tifa, did you try registering in the Mog Station? It's honestly very confusing with all the different account sites this game has. But I remember registering on the SE site then re-registering on mog station after early access was over.

lockevi
29th Sep 2013, 03:45
yes, ty. i will try that :)

Valentino
25th Oct 2013, 14:10
Any word on when our old registration codes will be visible in the new "My FFxiv Codes" section? Still haven't been able to get my old asuran armguards code.

Chibby123
28th Oct 2013, 02:19
i cant seem to be able to play with my original FFXIV cd key or my account isn't working properly cause its not there.

TheRealKraggy
28th Oct 2013, 12:19
As far as I know the original codes do not work, so if you bought V1 and never registered the game at that time I have no idea if/how you can do so now.

You'll have to open an Account Support Ticket, no one from SE who can help you is on here.

Kowjie
23rd Nov 2013, 00:48
So yeah I've been trying to search the forums but I haven't found an answer yet.

I purchased the original FF14 (Hard copy) way back in 2011 I think but decided not to play it. Then I got curious about this FF14: A Realm Reborn and wanted to try it.

Question: Since I still have my original FF14 game box with all the product registration card(16characters) and registration code(20characters) still intact..Do I need to buy a new copy of this FF14: ARR? Or do I just install the original FF14 and will it just update the client to the FF14: ARR?

Please do help me out..I'm currently installing the game and have no idea if I would be able to play ARR..

Atakami
2nd Dec 2013, 03:29
So I have a digital copy of Final Fantasy 14. Do I have to buy Final Fantasy 14 ARR to play or is there a fix for people who bought the original game?

TheRealKraggy
2nd Dec 2013, 07:47
If you registered the original game in an SE Account then no, you don't have to purchase ARR, you can simply download and play it:

If you never registered it I'm not sure what you can do, I have seen people report that the version 1 game codes can't be registered any more but I can't confirm that as I have Legacy accounts.

Hostee
12th Feb 2014, 23:22
I see that if you have purchased the PS3 version of XIV that you get a free upgrade to the PS4 version of the game. Well I own the PC version of the game and was interested in upgrading my account to the PS4 version since I just got my new shinny black box. There has got to be an option for PC users, right?

Hippy_Pickle
17th Feb 2014, 12:19
As far as has been stated the free upgrade is for Playstation users only. You will be able to play the beta test due on 22nd Feb (new character required) but when it launches you will have to purchase a PS4 version to play again and/or transfer your existing PC character.

Setari
19th Feb 2014, 16:42
Was thinking about buying this MMO to play with my SO but I just need to know if it's possible to upgrade to the CE for a cheaper price than on Steam. Also is XIV RELEASED on steam or is it a preorder?

If I did it on Steam it would make me pay the whole 24.99 (49.99 after feb 25th so lol to that), is there a cheaper way to do it if I buy the normal edition first?

Dunno where to really submit this so I will just put it here.

Hippy_Pickle
24th Feb 2014, 11:24
There is an option to upgrade to the digital CE via the mogstation website (where you manage your FFXIV account), not sure on the price though.

Personae
9th Mar 2014, 10:15
Hi,

Every time I double click on the shortcut icon on my desktop to FFXIV, my manual says that I'm supposed to get a "version update screen" and files will begin downloading automatically. However, instead I get a message saying :

"11021 Unable to access server for version check. Please check your DNS server settings"

By the way, the CD I've use to install the game was brought around 2 years ago... I know that they've rebooted the whole FFXIV, but would that have affected it?

Hippy_Pickle
10th Mar 2014, 09:38
This sounds like you're trying to log in to the original 1.0 version of FFXIV. You need to download FFXIV: ARR (A Realm Reborn) which is what it has become. You may be entitled to a free download if you had a valid subscription on the original version, otherwise you would have to make a fresh purchase. Do a search on FFXIV legacy accounts for details on if you qualify for the free upgrade of your account.

Personae
10th Mar 2014, 10:15
Oh, I see... That is a shame... Thanks Hippy_Pickle!

mvkprincey
13th Mar 2014, 01:20
i was wondering since i have a ps3 already when i buy a ps4 will i have to buy FFXIV again for the ps4? or can i re-download it for free or will it be like the other games that can trasner and itll only be like $10?

Hippy_Pickle
13th Mar 2014, 11:00
If you are currently playing FFXIV on the PS3 and have a active subscription you can download/upgrade to the PS4 version for free when it launches and transfer your existing account and characters. However once you do please be aware that you will no longer be able to log into your account on the PS3. You also don't need to have a valid PS+ subscription to play online with FFXIV on the PS4, it is not hosted on Sony's servers so does not require it for online play :)

firechick
19th Mar 2014, 18:00
I had FFXIV on a previous computer, can I download somewhere and upgrade to a Realm Reborn?

TIA - firechick

Alcalaino
13th Apr 2014, 17:42
:wave: Hi, first i have to say: sorry for my english (im spanish).
I'm writting this thread to say that I bought the first FF XIV and Square Enix promised that I will have the Real Reborn free for that purchase, but I dont know how to obtain this offer.
Can someone explain me how I can do to obtain it?

Thanks ! :o

Gobbygonk
1st Jun 2014, 12:07
I bought FFXIV online with the Garlond Goggles extra, for about £30, subscribed for about 6 months then it was taken off and replaced with this revamped version.

Why do I have to pay again to have a working version of FFXIV? Also what about my Goggles??

I think it is not right that people who were loyal to Final Fantasy and paid good money before, are now being penalized and asked to pay again, DOUBLE what first time buyers pay to play FFXIV.

I would like a moderator to contact me, as it is so hard to get in contact with anyone from Square Enix, unlike Blizzard & World Of Warcraft people.
:(

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Jun 2014, 08:43
You are mistaken Gobbygonk, SE are not asking you to pay double. Anyone who bought and had an active subscription to version 1.0 of FFXIV can get a free upgrade to the new version and also has a different subscription price. But this is only if you had subscribed as such - "Users with service accounts that have paid for at least 90 cumulative days subscriptions between January 6, 2012 and the start of version 2.0 beta testing are eligible. Square Enix will automatically notify the players if they are eligible."

Check the info here - http://www.ffxivinfo.com/service.php

Gobbygonk
2nd Jun 2014, 12:24
Thank you for that info which I was not aware of. I checked the link, although it gives more info it does not take me to anywhere where I can get this free upgrade. Also I cannot register my 'old' FFXIV through the Square Enix which says "Invalid Code" everytime.

I've been a member since 2010.

Square Enix contacted me thru my email to offer me to try their free Beta of Realm Reborn which I did, but I never had an offer to upgrade my old FFXIV for free and I'm sure I played for at least 90 days.

Can a moderator help??

Hippy_Pickle
2nd Jun 2014, 13:55
I'm afraid there is no official technical support available on these forums, your best bet is to try the online chat support or contacting customer services. Only other thing I can think of is if you log in to your existing SE account via the management website https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account and see if there is any information in there about upgrading. You could also try logging into the FFXIV mogstation website https://secure.square-enix.com/account/app/svc/Login?cont=account&request=mogstation to see if there are any details available there about your account status.

I would assume there would be some indication of you being a Legacy account on one of those sites and some links to how to download the game client.

Hope you can get it sorted and start enjoying A Realm Reborn :)

Gobbygonk
2nd Jun 2014, 20:46
Thanks a lot Hippy Pickle. If I get any success I'll return here to let you know in case someone else gets the same issue as me.

VvArkangelvV
15th Jun 2014, 23:32
I am a late comer to final fantasy 14 A realm Reborn. So my question is there a possibility of an upgrade from regular version to the C.E.?

Hippy_Pickle
26th Jun 2014, 08:52
I am a late comer to final fantasy 14 A realm Reborn. So my question is there a possibility of an upgrade from regular version to the C.E.?

Hi Arkangel,

If you buy the normal version then you can upgrade to the Collectors Edition at anytime via the Mogstation website, of course there is an additional charge for this and it would only give you the digital CE items and nothing that would have been in the CE boxed edition (like artwork, soundtracks etc).

Grash_pt
4th Jul 2014, 08:23
Hi, I bought recently a PS4 and I upgraded the game version from PS3. I have the game from October, played two months and due to job issues, I didn't renew the subscription. With my Ps4 and almost entering in vacation, I tried to renew it last week but it keeps getting me error 406. My credit card is fine (i used it to buy the PS4 and some stuff last week), and tried up to seven times and now they took me 7€, 1€ for each failed try! I searched the web, most people are getting this problem, and I don't know what to do anymore. I sent an email to Square Enix but no answer for a week...

I'm Portuguese and I would like to call them on phone... but I don't want to spend a lot of money and all of that, I'm a little deaf, its a little difficult for me to understand what people are saying.

So, how I can resolve this problem? The game costed me 40€, payed two subscriptions, and now 7€... If I don't get an answer from SE, I'm sorry but I'll quit the game, sell it and wish good luck, and I'm an avid fan of FF, having them all in my collection...

Thanks in advance and I'm sorry if this is in the wrong place.

raymondor
27th Sep 2014, 23:42
Hi I pre-ordered the original game way back when. However i stopped playing long before they re-booted it.

I've decided i'd like to try the game now. I read i could register with my original code which i tried, and it comes up saying this is ffxiv but doesnt seem to add to my account. So is there a way i can download the game for free using something from my original copy? or would i have to buy the whole game again? which i probably wont bother doing

Thanks for any help in advance :)

DivineKakarot
20th Oct 2014, 04:20
I received a brand new copy from my brother (collector's edition) for the PS3 and I want to play it on the PS4.

I don't have a PS3 to register this game and he doesn't own a PS3 anymore. He said he was going to play it but never got the time and thought it would be better to let me have it and told me about the PS4 upgrade.

1) Can I register this game without ever having a PS3? Can I just register somehow on Square website and/or PSN?
2) If PS3 is required, Can I use my friends PS3 console and use my PSN account to register it? Or do I have to have my own PS3?

Thanks in advance!

Grimoire
20th Oct 2014, 12:49
Customer support (https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=5382&la=1)should be able to answer your questions.

kingrag
24th Oct 2014, 10:51
is it too late to use my old copy of ffxiv to get upgraded to arr ? or will I have to purchase arr

ok I downloaded client for FFXIV a realm reborn but the problem I have is my old S.E account has apparently been cancelled so I made a new S.E account but obviously that doesn't have any service accounts ive e-mailed support but don't expect a swift reply is there an easy way to re activate an old account?

amnesiac1981
26th Oct 2014, 03:44
hello everyone,

i just bought a dvd copy of ff XIV 1.0, thinking i'd still be able to play arr with it. Arr's site has a page where it basically says if you have 1.0 youll still be able to play arr, just download this client. I downloaded the client, log up to square enix account, but when i have to enter the registration code it keeps tellin me its invalid

Blair1955
27th Mar 2015, 05:10
My PS4 is almost full so I want to install a 2 TB HDD. Final Fantasy along with most of my games I have downloaded so my question is would it be easier to buy an external HDD to backup the games to, then from the external drive to the new 2 TB internal HDD? Rather than to download them all over again? I remember too when I went from a PS3 to the 4 how much time it took me to get all my classifications with the right equipment in Final Fantasy: ARR. thanks...

johato
4th Apr 2015, 18:49
Hello, I am seeking information about FFXIV, So I had a standard account of FFXIV, and I wasn't sure that I did at the time since i haven't played in over a year. I decided to Install and Get the CE addition on steam and downloaded. I knew i had a account already made. So How do I upgrade my standard account to the CE with the Redeem code from steam? I already been playing a bit on my standard account today seeing if i could learn anything. Do i add the code on the Mog station Under new service account?

Edit 1: Also if its under a new service account does that mean i will have to delete my first service account? I put 30 days of sub on it already and I rather not lose that.