PDA

View Full Version : Lobby simulator

Lavamancer
11th Oct 2015, 21:59
Hey devs,

I hope you're playing and you see what's going on - leagues are so small that you know performance of players and can predict the outcome of the match already from lobby. This leads to a "lobby simulator" people jump in and out, hoping to get on a better team.

I don't think there's a need to explain the rest...

Cheers,
Lava

Oghamsmith
12th Oct 2015, 10:26
Hi Lava,

Indeed, we're aware of issues with ranked lobbies in their current form, and are working to implement improvements to the system.

All the best,
Chris

GrayPhilosophy
13th Oct 2015, 10:51
What if you hid the names of all the players? Basically when you find a lobby to join it'll just be a list of 8 spots on top of each other (as opposed to the current 4 + 4 spots) where you can only see peoples banners, but not their names or avatars yet. This way you'll have no chance of predicting who you're going to be on team with or against

Vampmaster
13th Oct 2015, 10:55
What if you hid the names of all the players? Basically when you find a lobby to join it'll just be a list of 8 spots on top of each other (as opposed to the current 4 + 4 spots) where you can only see peoples banners, but not their names or avatars yet. This way you'll have no chance of predicting who you're going to be on team with or against

How about automatically assigned temp names so you can still communicate easily in game.

lucinvampire
13th Oct 2015, 12:02
How about automatically assigned temp names

Just call everyone Dave...problem solved :lol:

Vampmaster
13th Oct 2015, 12:07
Just call everyone Dave...problem solved :lol:

Then how would you who was talking to who?

akr0nym
13th Oct 2015, 15:02

He was kidding, dude.

Hi Lava,

Indeed, we're aware of issues with ranked lobbies in their current form, and are working to implement improvements to the system.

All the best,
Chris

Dear Chris,

A solution could be:

1. Show Server Info
Show map and server first, below a pop up, user has a 10 sec. time window to confirm this. if he cancel because wrong server region or he hates to play freeport for the 3rd time in a row he can keep on searching (you don't have to fix the bug that players are getting pulled onto servers out of their region, they can still leave, great hu? less work for you guys :) )

2. Current lobby system (just locked)
User continues to lobby. It looks as the lobby you don't have to remove names or anything you can keep your banners. Nobody has to change their names because now you cannot leave without being punished (leaving penalty) (no 3vs4 on purpose due to last second leaver and last but not least the very best: No lobby dodging)

3. 3vs4 (due to a leaver within the match)
if a player leaves during a match think of one of the many suggestions given in the other threads of the forum (one player has to sit, vote for surrender and so on...) it's good to strictly end the game within in the first few minutes of round one, but in round two you have to give us a solution to 3vs4)

4. Better rewarding system
Reward players regarding their position in their team (scaled on their position in their team at the end of the match, logical: winning team more than losing one BUT the one guy who did a hell of a job in the losing team at least get a little reward)

Congratulations! You have fixed leagues in four easy steps.
I highly doubt that this would take more than a month to implement, correct me if I am wrong?

-Shiro-
13th Oct 2015, 18:09
He was kidding, dude.

Dear Chris,

A solution could be:

1. Show Server Info
Show map and server first, below a pop up, user has a 10 sec. time window to confirm this. if he cancel because wrong server region or he hates to play freeport for the 3rd time in a row he can keep on searching (you don't have to fix the bug that players are getting pulled onto servers out of their region, they can still leave, great hu? less work for you guys :) )

2. Current lobby system (just locked)
User continues to lobby. It looks as the lobby you don't have to remove names or anything you can keep your banners. Nobody has to change their names because now you cannot leave without being punished (leaving penalty) (no 3vs4 on purpose due to last second leaver and last but not least the very best: No lobby dodging)

3. 3vs4 (due to a leaver within the match)
if a player leaves during a match think of one of the many suggestions given in the other threads of the forum (one player has to sit, vote for surrender and so on...) it's good to strictly end the game within in the first few minutes of round one, but in round two you have to give us a solution to 3vs4)

4. Better rewarding system
Reward players regarding their position in their team (scaled on their position in their team at the end of the match, logical: winning team more than losing one BUT the one guy who did a hell of a job in the losing team at least get a little reward)

Congratulations! You have fixed leagues in four easy steps.
I highly doubt that this would take more than a month to implement, correct me if I am wrong?

I totally support that.

GenFeelGood
13th Oct 2015, 18:13

While I prefer not to have our names hidden, how about this?

We have the Nosgoth symbol (the one that is shaped like the platform for the Pillars). Within the platform are the symbols of the Pillars that are made into a circle (except for the Balance Pillar, which is in the center of it all). Each Pillar symbol represents a player slot and they light up when the slot is filled. When all player slots are filled and all the Pillar symbol are lit up, then the Balance Pillar symbol lights up to begin the countdown to the start of the match.

lucinvampire
14th Oct 2015, 12:13
Sorry I was just mucking about; it’s a bit of a joke where I’m from.

We have the Nosgoth symbol (the one that is shaped like the platform for the Pillars). Within the platform are the symbols of the Pillars that are made into a circle (except for the Balance Pillar, which is in the center of it all). Each Pillar symbol represents a player slot and they light up when the slot is filled. When all player slots are filled and all the Pillar symbol are lit up, then the Balance Pillar symbol lights up to begin the countdown to the start of the match.

:eek: I really really like this idea, it’d show the number of players then so you at least know how many you are waiting for (rather than sitting at just a waiting screen) and gives some more LoKness :thumb:

Oghamsmith
14th Oct 2015, 13:35
There are some interesting suggestions in here for sure, particularly with regards to visualisations that could be put in place later down the line.

As things stand, we've been working on an update that will go live Soon(TM), that should help to alleviate the situation; and have some additional changes in mind as we move forward.

All shall be revealed Soon(TM).

Arydious
14th Oct 2015, 14:46
There is another really easy fix to lobby dodgers.

If you queue for ranked have a pop-up saying match is ready would you like to join, You hti yes or no based on if you can or can't. Once everyone readys up it pulls you directly into the game, avoiding the lobby all together.

GenFeelGood
4th Nov 2015, 01:27
:eek: I really really like this idea, it’d show the number of players then so you at least know how many you are waiting for (rather than sitting at just a waiting screen) and gives some more LoKness :thumb:

Thanks, I was a bit unsure how it would be percieved. I've been pondering how the Pillar portion could be displayed, a simple circle seems a bit plain; but it appears Nosgoth already has a great option available with the league symbol, with a couple alterations.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/655/blog/league30social.png

Add another one of those circles in the center of the symbol, with the surrounding threads intertwined and wrapped around it; and place the Pillar symbols within the circles, once again with the Balance Pillar in that circle in the center. Then place all that inside the Nosgoth symbol and I like how it looks, at least how it appears in my head.

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/legacyofkain/images/b/bb/Nosgoth-Promotional-Steam-ClientIcon.png/revision/latest?cb=20130614212212