PDA

View Full Version : A plea for improvements before trying to get into esports or add more classes.

dhupp1
4th Nov 2014, 02:34
I LOVE Nosgoth. I think Nosgoth is one of the most incredible games I've ever played. There's so much done right and so much potential in this game..

With that being said, I'd really like to see some general improvements and an open beta before they try and make a move into the Esports arena.

Nosgoth's current party and match making system is absolutely abysmal. Moving into an open beta or production without a solid system in place has killed many games on launch.

Loadout is a great example of a fantastic game that didn't get proper exposure on launch because of client issues. People couldn't play the game with their friends.

Here are a few of my biggest frustrations:

-- As it stands If I begin match making with two or more individuals in my party the chances of being placed on a team with them when the game begins are incredibly low.

The most common situation that takes place is two or three individuals from the party will end up on the same team while one individual is singled out and left to play with strangers against their friends.

The situation above is incredibly frustrating and the exact opposite of fun matchmaking.

-- If you leave a matchmaking lobby your party is disbanded and you will not be able to enter or recreate a party until you terminate Nosgoth and restart the program.

This situation occurs the majority of the time my friends and I interact with the grouping system in any other way aside from initially searching for a lobby.

As an active community supporting a game we believe in and are passionate about, a finely tuned and well polished game client is what we want to see being made a priority by Nosgoth developers.

-Konf-
4th Nov 2014, 08:09
I love the game as well and want it to do extremely well, so I understand your passion for it, but I don't think moving into E-sports early is necessarily a bad move. There are some good things about it too.

A lot of games these days let people compete early and that leads to better results. The game evolves and changes and I can guarantee that Nosgoth will be better and different from how it plays now in a year. Introducing high level competition early pushes people and teams to explore and dig really deep into the possibilities, showcasing the strengths and weaknesses that are otherwise hard to play-test without proper experience. So I think if it's done right, starting E-sports early can help this game develop in a better way.

Besides, I'd just love to see people showcase their skill at my favourite game.

Nosgoth's current party and match making system is absolutely abysmal. Moving into an open beta or production without a solid system in place has killed many games on launch.
I am very certain this won't happen. It has been stated many times that those two things are a main priority for this game. I don't think the developers will release the game into Open Beta until they are comfortable with both of those systems and will even delay the release if it will be required.