PDA

View Full Version : Allow Vampires to Hang on Walls

KrazeyXII
3rd Nov 2014, 16:35
The title is the thread. I'm not sure if this was allowed in the past or not but I think it would make sense in this game. When climbing a wall as a vampire you are forced to climb all the way to the top of the wall to the roof. Instead, I suggest vampires be able to hold shift and stay on one spot of the wall during the climb. This will allow them to hide a bit better before an engage by not forcing them to stand on the rooftops. You can do this now by climbing half-way up a wall and simply releasing shift so this would be more of a quality of life improvement instead of a drastic change.

TheDreamcrusher
3rd Nov 2014, 20:36
This would be great. I currently do this now but flying as a sentinel against a flat wall or a corner. I get occasional WTF are you doing comments, but at least I'm not on a rooftop. :D

Gugulug5000
3rd Nov 2014, 22:29
It would be a nice addition to the game, but if there's some reason why the devs think it's a bad idea, I would like to at least see the Zephonim have this ability (since they're better climbers than the rest of the clans).

PencileyePirate
3rd Nov 2014, 22:29
I would really like this ... peeking from rooftops is damn near useless against decent humans.

Varulven
3rd Nov 2014, 23:00
I like the idea, but this should be a Deceiver - only ability ;)

PencileyePirate
3rd Nov 2014, 23:04
I like the idea, but this should be a Deceiver - only ability ;)

I understand why you say this ... but I'd rather see Deceiver get something like horizontal-wall-crawl or ceiling-cling. Given their relative lack of stealthiness I feel the other classes need wall-cling much more than Deceiver does.

Vampmaster
3rd Nov 2014, 23:14
I understand why you say this ... but I'd rather see Deceiver get something like horizontal-wall-crawl or ceiling-cling. Given their relative lack of stealthiness I feel the other classes need wall-cling much more than Deceiver does.

Is that based on gameplay or plot? I know vampires are traditionally stealthy, but the vampires of LOK, at least in this era, are uncontested predators with less need for stealth. The Zephonim being the main exception and the lore about the Dumahim being a bit off from what was previously established. I mean, it's not too far off, but no need to emphasize that aspect.

PencileyePirate
3rd Nov 2014, 23:45
Is that based on gameplay or plot? I know vampires are traditionally stealthy, but the vampires of LOK, at least in this era, are uncontested predators with less need for stealth. The Zephonim being the main exception and the lore about the Dumahim being a bit off from what was previously established. I mean, it's not too far off, but no need to emphasize that aspect.

The alternative suggestions for Deceiver were based on lore (since he's a spider) and because I think it'd be fun.

The comments about wall-cling for other classes were based on gameplay, because I agree with Krazey that we should be able to peek over rooftops w/out having to stand on rooftops in clear sight. Skilled humans will punish Reavers for being on rooftops even in leap/pounce position, and although corner peeking is an alternative ... I feel this mechanism would make climbing more viable against skilled human teams. Giving it to Deceivers only would make me very unhappy.

TeeSin
5th Nov 2014, 15:40
Yeah... but i think it would be only able for a serveral classes :cool:

KrazeyXII
6th Nov 2014, 02:37
This could be a vampire perk instead of it being a baseline trait.