PDA

View Full Version : Feedback and Suggestions on thoughts about Nosgoth

HyenaPiper
3rd Nov 2014, 02:00
Just a few things i would like to talk about here that i think could use some changes or improvements.

1. Spamming the left mouse button to catch a human.

It can be very annoying when it's almost impossible to run from a vampire who is catching up to you just by attacking, Attacks should slow down the vampire slightly instead of making them faster or allowing them to have the same movement speed. this will make it so that the vampire will have to time his attacks correctly instead of spamming them to catch a player.

2. Leaving games to avoid losses or because you are losing.

Leaving games should be penalized on the player. When your team is losing and someone leaves, it makes it far harder to come back at this point and just ruins the team's spirit of hopes in winning.

I say give penalties to players who leave but allow there to be a surrender option. If a team is being beat badly and they know they can't win the round (ex. vamps have 21 points and humans have 6) then they can cast a surrender vote that the players may vote yes or no on to be able to move to the next round.

3. Equipping Banners

Just a little thing I wanted to add it, I noticed after buying 2 Founder's Packs and a Halloween banner that on log out the player must re-equip them EVERY login. Saving the player's banner that they used to their profile so that that don't have to equip it every login would be awesome.

4. Warchest Contents

Oh boy, warchests.

I bought 2 founders packs, the Immortal and warband packs.

I got 3 of the same exact Skill from gold chests in immortal pack. 4-5 of the same weapon, both packs pretty much just gave me exactly what I already had but "arcane". Duplicates are no fun unless you already have all items in the game.

If a player doesn't have every weapon then they should have a much lower chance of getting the items they already have in "arcane" form. Please fix these rates. It is very frustrating to get many of duplicates of things you already have.

5.Store Suggestion
In most games with a store they have a nice feature where before you confirm to buy something, be it runestones or gold in this case it would tell you how much gold/runestones you would have remaining. Would be very nice if this feature was implemented !

6. Tyrant turning speed
When you think of a tyrant/see one you think of this big, bulky, behemoth type of character right ? the fact that when he is charging and takes extremely sharp turns kind of throws this idea off. Maybe if a sharp turn is done the tyrant ends charge and tackles quickly to the side like a short charge. Some kind of graphical effect or change would be awesome. love to see some comments on this section specifically on ideas.

7. Inventory Section

Add a banner section under the item type tab ? ^_^

Thanks for taking your time to read this everybody.

--Ram--
3rd Nov 2014, 03:53
Just a few things i would like to talk about here that i think could use some changes or improvements.

1. Spamming the left mouse button to catch a human.

It can be very annoying when it's almost impossible to run from a vampire who is catching up to you just by attacking, Attacks should slow down the vampire slightly instead of making them faster or allowing them to have the same movement speed. this will make it so that the vampire will have to time his attacks correctly instead of spamming them to catch a player.

Totally disagree with this. You should not be annoyed or surprised when a vampire catches you, it should be expected. Vampires are supposed to be fast and mobile by design to make up for their lack of ranged attacks. That is the only reason the game works. Humans who run generally will die and deserve to die. You need to win the fight to survive, you should not be running unless you are lucky enough to have a re spawning team close enough that you can reach them before the vamps get you.

If anything vampires run speed should be increased. As it stands now the actual running speed of vampires is barely faster than humans, and the only reason vampires can catch up is because people have learned that alternating attack then roll is much faster than just running. Not sure if this is a good way to have vampires moving around but to me it feels about right in terms of speed when moving this way. Anything less would make chasing humans ridiculous.

HyenaPiper
3rd Nov 2014, 05:36
Totally disagree with this. You should not be annoyed or surprised when a vampire catches you, it should be expected. Vampires are supposed to be fast and mobile by design to make up for their lack of ranged attacks. That is the only reason the game works. Humans who run generally will die and deserve to die. You need to win the fight to survive, you should not be running unless you are lucky enough to have a re spawning team close enough that you can reach them before the vamps get you.

If anything vampires run speed should be increased. As it stands now the actual running speed of vampires is barely faster than humans, and the only reason vampires can catch up is because people have learned that alternating attack then roll is much faster than just running. Not sure if this is a good way to have vampires moving around but to me it feels about right in terms of speed when moving this way. Anything less would make chasing humans ridiculous.

Thank you for your input, I'm not saying to reduce their overall move speed if that's what you we're thinking, i'm saying strictly just during the attacking animations, if you can just press the left mouse button to catch a running human that is a good distance away that you would not catch running normally then you shouldn't be able to catch them by spamming attacks correct ?

-Konf-
3rd Nov 2014, 05:59
@HyenaPiper:
It's good so see people join up and provide their thoughts and explore the game through experience of others. Here's my take on the things that you posted (leaving the best for last):

2. I totally agree that leavers should be penalised to an extend. I'm sure developers are exploring their options, especially considering that there will be a ranked ladder in place. Just got to find a solution that will not punish those who disconnect due to connectivity issues.

3. It's a known and commonly reported bug. It's currently not a priority due to it's low impact but it will be fixed in time.

4. I haven't opened my chests yet, so can't comment much, but it seems like a few people have been dissatisfied with their experience.

And the most important one:

1. I'm afraid I'm on Ram's side here, friend. Thing is, the core principle of the game is Humans not letting Vampires breach the gap and then defend themselves with area-of-effect abilities and utility skills up close. Vampires, on the other hand, must breach the gap to be able to do anything in the first place. Vampires should completely dominate once they are in the face, that's the whole point.

From a Vampire perspective, I personally like the "there's no escape" mentality for the Human if they happen to be isolated and fight a one-on-one. From a Human's perspective in that situation, I like the "fight or die" mentality. To me that is what makes this game.

In my opinion the root of the problem with the experience that you described here is not the Vampire attacks. The perceived problem is (and why a lot of similar requests come through from players) is that Humans are meant to be less self-sufficient in one-on-one close combat (which is not even the case for some classes currently anyway). As a Human, you have to depend on your team mates whether you like it or not, and that's why games get frustrating - when no one is backing you up properly.

@Ram:
Yeah, the melee-dodge mechanic is a little silly from a game play perspective and I remember an interview where there's been a statement from developers where they said that they are looking into alternatives to design movement in this game differently.

HyenaPiper
3rd Nov 2014, 07:57
@Konf Thank you for your input ^_^ nice to hear feedback from people on nosgoth

TeeSin
3rd Nov 2014, 14:39

Leaving games should be penalized on the player. When your team is losing and someone leaves, it makes it far harder to come back at this point and just ruins the team's spirit of hopes in winning.

I say give penalties to players who leave but allow there to be a surrender option. If a team is being beat badly and they know they can't win the round (ex. vamps have 21 points and humans have 6) then they can cast a surrender vote that the players may vote yes or no on to be able to move to the next round.
yeah , a surrender feature would be nice :) . Sometimes its just exhausted to play with bad teamates or being doomed hard o~o

3. Equipping Banners

Just a little thing I wanted to add it, I noticed after buying 2 Founder's Packs and a Halloween banner that on log out the player must re-equip them EVERY login. Saving the player's banner that they used to their profile so that that don't have to equip it every login would be awesome.
Hell yeah...

mauvo58
3rd Nov 2014, 15:05

I completely agree that people leaving games is a problem, but there are a lot of reasons why people leave a game. I would much prefer that we address the causes of people leaving, rather than punish them for it.

HyenaPiper
3rd Nov 2014, 20:31
I completely agree that people leaving games is a problem, but there are a lot of reasons why people leave a game. I would much prefer that we address the causes of people leaving, rather than punish them for it.

@mauvo58 thank you for checking out my post, I wouldn't say immediate punishment on a player for leaving a game, example. my family just finished making dinner and I have to go. Should you be punished for that ? of course not. But, on the other hand if a player leaves multiple matches in a day then that is a whole different story and they should be punished for repeated offences in my opinion. Like a temporary matchmaking ban. You left one game ? Just a warning to the player that leaving more will leave them with a punishment. You left 2 games in a short time span ? You can't search a game for 5 min, increasing for every offence in a 24 hour period starting from when the first leave occurred (5, 15, 30, 60 min, etc....)

Gugulug5000
3rd Nov 2014, 22:44
My thoughts:

1) It's annoying that vamps can so easily catch running humans, but that's the point. I do think that the attack roll exploit needs to be fixed however.
2) Leavers are a colossal pain in the butt. I'm not sure on the whole punishment system though personally. I mean, if a person doesn't want to play a match that's ridiculously one sided, I can't blame them. Surrender should be an option though.
3) YES. This is annoying and needs a fix.
4) I've never had a war chest, but yes I think there needs something in place to keep people from getting repeat items.

While I'm at it, I'll add a few suggestions/observations of my own:

1) Tyrants climb way too slow. I get that they're supposed to be slow, but it seems like they climb too slow even with that in mind.
2) "Wall climbing" glitch. The glitch where a vampire climbs the same wall multiple times is really annoying and has been around since alpha. I would like to see a fix to this as it has gotten me killed numerous times.
3) Non wide-screen resolutions have a big open space at the bottom of the screen on the main menu. It would be great if it all properly fit the screen.
4) Downloading armory and syncing accounts is taking longer and longer for me. It's now to the point where I don't even get to pick my class at the beginning of the game because it takes so long that it auto spawns me. It doesn't seem like it should take much time at all to download armory.
5) Spawns in fights. It sucks when a person (usually human) respawns in the middle of a fight. It either ends up with that person dying very quickly or the humans basically having five people at their disposal for the fight. Neither is good.
6) Party system breaks up when you leave a lobby. It should just keep the party together unless a person actively chooses to leave a party. It's annoying when I'm playing with my friends, and then a toxic player shows up and we leave the lobby, and then we have to reparty.
7) Tyrant charged attack hitbox never seems to work for me. It's gotten to the point that I don't even try to use it anymore.
8) There are a lot of moves that completely immobilize in this game. I don't know if there's really a way to change this, but it's really annoying that you can be kidnapped, pounced, and then thrown without being able to even get a shot off. Add mini stuns to the mix and it can lead to frustration if it happens too often. It might be nice if there were a way to struggle out of kidnaps/pounces, etc, but it may be too late to include anything like that.

That's all that comes to mind right now. Let me know what you guys think.

HyenaPiper
4th Nov 2014, 02:41
My thoughts:

1) It's annoying that vamps can so easily catch running humans, but that's the point. I do think that the attack roll exploit needs to be fixed however.
2) Leavers are a colossal pain in the butt. I'm not sure on the whole punishment system though personally. I mean, if a person doesn't want to play a match that's ridiculously one sided, I can't blame them. Surrender should be an option though.
3) YES. This is annoying and needs a fix.
4) I've never had a war chest, but yes I think there needs something in place to keep people from getting repeat items.

While I'm at it, I'll add a few suggestions/observations of my own:

1) Tyrants climb way too slow. I get that they're supposed to be slow, but it seems like they climb too slow even with that in mind.
2) "Wall climbing" glitch. The glitch where a vampire climbs the same wall multiple times is really annoying and has been around since alpha. I would like to see a fix to this as it has gotten me killed numerous times.
3) Non wide-screen resolutions have a big open space at the bottom of the screen on the main menu. It would be great if it all properly fit the screen.
4) Downloading armory and syncing accounts is taking longer and longer for me. It's now to the point where I don't even get to pick my class at the beginning of the game because it takes so long that it auto spawns me. It doesn't seem like it should take much time at all to download armory.
5) Spawns in fights. It sucks when a person (usually human) respawns in the middle of a fight. It either ends up with that person dying very quickly or the humans basically having five people at their disposal for the fight. Neither is good.
6) Party system breaks up when you leave a lobby. It should just keep the party together unless a person actively chooses to leave a party. It's annoying when I'm playing with my friends, and then a toxic player shows up and we leave the lobby, and then we have to reparty.
7) Tyrant charged attack hitbox never seems to work for me. It's gotten to the point that I don't even try to use it anymore.
8) There are a lot of moves that completely immobilize in this game. I don't know if there's really a way to change this, but it's really annoying that you can be kidnapped, pounced, and then thrown without being able to even get a shot off. Add mini stuns to the mix and it can lead to frustration if it happens too often. It might be nice if there were a way to struggle out of kidnaps/pounces, etc, but it may be too late to include anything like that.

That's all that comes to mind right now. Let me know what you guys think.

@Gugulug5000, Thanks for joining in on the post.

Tyrant slow climbing times show they are supposed to be in the heat of the fight since they are a tanky class which is not really made for running, as a tyrant usually they should finish the fight or die tanking for an ally, Also any faster climbing speed in my opinion would be ubsurd due to the plenty of time you have to climb with your Ignore Pain if you are attempting to escape from a one sided fight with low hp that is.

I have actually had this happen to me quite a few times so i can see the frustration you have from it and agree it should be fixed in the next hotfix/patch.

I haven't noticed this due to the fact I play with a 1366x769 resolution so I wouldn't know anything about that here.

Personally I have never had this issue, nor has anyone i have given my beta invites to had this issue, you might want to see if anyone else does or if tech support can help you since it seems more of a personal account issue rather than a widespread issue

Yes yes yes, absolutely sick and tired of this spawning system they have going on, I can't count how many games I've either just joined in the middle of or respawned in already being instantly pounced on by a reaver or grabbed by a sent.

I don't leave many games since I like to stay true to finishing a game so I wouldn't know much about this, my tip is just don't leave games.

Haven't had issues with issues 7 or 8.

Gugulug5000
4th Nov 2014, 23:05
@
I don't leave many games since I like to stay true to finishing a game so I wouldn't know much about this, my tip is just don't leave games.

I feel like I need to clarify a little.
1) I think the Tyrants need only a slight buff for climbing speed. It's really lame when you're climbing a little wall and it still takes forever to climb it because of the animations where you jump on the wall, and then pull yourself up. It's not really a big deal though, just something that bothers me. This is especially bad when you take my obseration 2) into account.
4) I've met a few other people with this problem, but no, it's not a widespread problem from what I've seen.
6) I didn't mean to make this sound like i'm one of those quitters that everyone hates. I meant that we leave games before they start if we see a toxic player that we recognize. If we see them in game, we usually just troll them constantly and make them rage. :P
8) I really don't expect any changes on this. It's just me noting something that has frustrated me from time to time. Not being able to fight back at all makes you feel like you're wasting your time even trying. I feel the same way with how quickly one can die from instant damage.

I'm glad you agree with me on some of them. I honestly can't believe the wall climbing glitch has lasted this long, but I'm sure Psyonix has it on their list of things to do (though I've heard some people say it's caused by a slow connection, in which case Psyonix probably can't do much about it).

HyenaPiper
5th Nov 2014, 00:50
I feel like I need to clarify a little.
1) I think the Tyrants need only a slight buff for climbing speed. It's really lame when you're climbing a little wall and it still takes forever to climb it because of the animations where you jump on the wall, and then pull yourself up. It's not really a big deal though, just something that bothers me. This is especially bad when you take my obseration 2) into account.
4) I've met a few other people with this problem, but no, it's not a widespread problem from what I've seen.
6) I didn't mean to make this sound like i'm one of those quitters that everyone hates. I meant that we leave games before they start if we see a toxic player that we recognize. If we see them in game, we usually just troll them constantly and make them rage. :P
8) I really don't expect any changes on this. It's just me noting something that has frustrated me from time to time. Not being able to fight back at all makes you feel like you're wasting your time even trying. I feel the same way with how quickly one can die from instant damage.

I'm glad you agree with me on some of them. I honestly can't believe the wall climbing glitch has lasted this long, but I'm sure Psyonix has it on their list of things to do (though I've heard some people say it's caused by a slow connection, in which case Psyonix probably can't do much about it).

@Gugulug5000, I see where you come from on alot of this, didn't mean to make you seem like a quitter either. Didn't mean to come off like that ,if I did I apologize. adding some new stuff into the post now

Gugulug5000
5th Nov 2014, 03:07
@Gugulug5000, I see where you come from on alot of this, didn't mean to make you seem like a quitter either. Didn't mean to come off like that ,if I did I apologize. adding some new stuff into the post now

No worries. As for your new suggestions, my thoughts:

5) I don't think it's a huge issue, but then again I don't see why not include this feature, so I'd back up the idea.

6) Yeah it's a bit weird to see Tyrants turning so easily, so it could be changed, but nerfing the Tyrant is generally a bad idea since it's already one of the weaker (if not weakest) classes out there (Generally speaking. I know some people, myself included, who do quite well with Tyrant). Your idea sounds like it's not entirely a nerf, so it could be possible.

HyenaPiper
6th Nov 2014, 01:36
No worries. As for your new suggestions, my thoughts:

6) Yeah it's a bit weird to see Tyrants turning so easily, so it could be changed, but nerfing the Tyrant is generally a bad idea since it's already one of the weaker (if not weakest) classes out there (Generally speaking. I know some people, myself included, who do quite well with Tyrant). Your idea sounds like it's not entirely a nerf, so it could be possible.

@Gugulug5000 I wouldn't say I want it nerfed, I just want it to have more skill play involved in it, to raise the skill cap of the tyrant allowing him to do more things, like if he wants to make a sharp turn he can press D or A while in charge/marathon causing him to thrust sideways ending the charge and giving him a bit more mobility rather than turning sharply right or left. Just throwing ideas out there