PDA

View Full Version : ABILITIES Leap Attack Buff Possibility?

ApollosBow
1st Nov 2014, 23:48
:scratch:Just wondering if its possible the devs might reconsider the leap attack nerf more in future? i love using this ability but I find it lacking when compared to the rest, my main gripe with it is how its damage scales at a distance just like the pounces, most leaps i get are landing me around 290 or 300, which kinda sucks given that savage pounce will beat this and the kick takes off 400 while not putting distance between you and your prey...I love to see it get a higher damage window like 275 - 375? If not a buff then maybe some other method to measure what damage it will take off since leap is all about full speed mobility its likely your not gonna have a problem getting in the enemys face(which is the advantage of regular pounce attack, closing the gap), or even a shorter cooldown like 6?
Love to hear others thoughts on the ability good or bad?:friends:

Hyperspeed1000
2nd Nov 2014, 07:32
well, i dont play leap attack but i agree that it needs to be buffed again since the max dmg on leap is still lover than sweeping kicks dmg making the leap unpopular

Khalith
2nd Nov 2014, 11:39
Disagree very strongly about buffing leap attack. If anything it's still a little too strong and this is coming from someone that uses the ability full time as well, it's damage is lower but it's got the trade off for the fact that it's instant, stuns, short cooldown, has good range, the fact you can move at full speed to approach at what is essentially a crouch with no speed loss, and can be used for both attacking and defense. Either CD or the damage had to give and Psyonix chose the damage though they did bring it up a little bit to make the ability a bit stronger. As it stands, I think Leap Attack is actually in a really good place right now.

-Konf-
3rd Nov 2014, 06:49
This is a tricky one (don't we all love balancing?).

most leaps i get are landing me around 290 or 300, which kinda sucks given that savage pounce will beat this and the kick takes off 400 while not putting distance between you and your prey
I think that number is very, very satisfactory if you compare [Leap Attack] to other skills and take into account its cooldown and an amount of mobility it provides. Yes, [Sweeping Kick] and all [Pounces] do a higher burst damage - but they expose you way more. That's the whole concept of risk vs. reward.

I love to see it get a higher damage window like 275 - 375?
With the point made above, I think I'll feel upset if the ability gets its lower damage threshold anywhere above 250. Being able to land quick and easy 275 hits with a stagger when you're close and getting all the mobility benefits of the ability is way too much.

If not a buff then maybe some other method to measure what damage it will take off since leap is all about full speed mobility its likely your not gonna have a problem getting in the enemys face(which is the advantage of regular pounce attack, closing the gap), or even a shorter cooldown like 6?
I like that you're taking a "trade-off" approach when speaking of balancing, but in my opinion a lower cooldown will have to bring very major consequent changes to the skill. [Leap Attack] has a stagger effect, and is already good enough to be used as a way to move around the map or as a disengage ability sometimes. In my opinion, giving it such a short cooldown calls for either: [1] overall major damage reduction, or; [2] completely removing the stagger effect (if there are no changes to damage).

Overall, I think the ability is in a decent spot. If it's lower damage threshold is to be increased, I imagine that number to be very small.

FireWorks_
3rd Nov 2014, 09:59
Fixing the climb bug when leaping at a wall would be a good thing to happen. The intended parts of the ability are ok for me.

ApollosBow
3rd Nov 2014, 16:32
thanks for addressing the whole op. I see the points your making, I didnt actually think about the stagger, I think id be happy if the lower damage just got the buff of 240 or 250, if they were to add more in terms of buff or shorter cooldown and ended up getting rid of the stagger I dont know if Id mind that much as usually i go in with haste and that does the job

ApollosBow
3rd Nov 2014, 16:33
going from a leap to climbing...is that a bug? i leave my finger down on wall climb when leaping to safety sometimes, gets me nice a high fast

KrazeyXII
3rd Nov 2014, 16:40
My friend runs leap attack, haste, and bloodlust on his reaver. It is the scariest ****ing thing in the game. The snowball potential of the combination can allow him to completely wipe teams on his own with a minimal amount of CC from his teammates. Also, as it stands right now reavers are the hunters of the vampire faction and are way too strong. They don't need any buffs right now.

In regards to your issue, once you play enough games you will get a feel for the damage output of each attack and you will be able to gauge what kind of damage you will do in those situations.

TheDreamcrusher
3rd Nov 2014, 20:39
I guess I'm going to have to play with Leap Attack for a while to evaluate it but from prior use I don't think it's that great. I don't like the pounces or leap attack that much. They miss frequently due to ground elevation or other silliness.

FireWorks_
3rd Nov 2014, 21:14
going from a leap to climbing...is that a bug? i leave my finger down on wall climb when leaping to safety sometimes, gets me nice a high fast

That is not the bug. The bug is an additions animation when reaching the top of the wall.

Here is the bug thread, where i also posted a video.
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=15219&p=113074#post113074