PDA

View Full Version : Summoner abilites

Sanguise23
30th Oct 2014, 19:17
OMG they are looking awesome, the summoning is probably my least favorite but its still very cool. The magic bomb thing might be a OP if all are summoner. Shield could be used to great effect i think. But my favorite part might have been her feeding!!! cant wait for this

GenFeelGood
30th Oct 2014, 19:31
*She looks amazing
*She throws explosives that would make the alchemist jealous
*She summons minions that fight, actually dealing damage
*She feeds like the vampires we know and love from the LoK series
*She can stop bolts, arrows, and bullets dead in their tracks
*She comes from my Favorite Soul Reaver clan

Did I miss anything else that makes her a badass?

PencileyePirate
30th Oct 2014, 21:49
I think I'm most excited about the shield skill, although everything else is pretty damn cool too.

reybag
30th Oct 2014, 21:56
I think the summon skill as it is ,it would be too powerfull ,because you can summon it from far like deceiver mind control but you dont stay there like the deceiver,you can hide after summoned it, so you can summon hide summon hide.imagine that with 4 summoners,they all could summon for the same target and the risk is really low. i think the summon skill should spawn the creature next to the summoner ,so the summoner has to be in the battlefield and not far

Chulo86
31st Oct 2014, 00:13
yah, the summoners look pretty cool. (melchahim)
the feeding is another great addition to the character that made me smile :)

to be honest with you,
if the game was introduced in this state I believe there would have been less backlash when nosgoth was just starting it's introduction. even though there's little things here or there I'm starting to appreciate this game.

I still think the first 4 maps look like recycled environments from dead sun.
but at least the fane was impressive....

before, I tried to give this game a chance,
I tried to believe in the team. but none of my ideas were taken in consideration.
just the gameplay ones and new modes. playstation controller support/button layout menu's - gears of war marking targets, team character hue. (which ended up controller support and vampire exicutions)

but still. the maps though are what got me the most.
you see interviews how the dev team struggled to get the lore right.
that might have been true on the character bios and the design of the characters thems selves,
but the maps though.....

I just hope I don't regret these words,
and we finelly start seeing lore accurate maps. (Original maps with different geography)
even if it's seeing, the lake of the dead off in the distance, fighting in the city of avernus or inside the castle it's self.
duking it out in the termogent forrest, dark eden, maleks bastion where fallen ash falls from the sky like snow.

you guys have allot to pick from.
and so far you are doing a good job. :)

make me proud :)

Mayhzon
31st Oct 2014, 02:24
Where did you find all these details about her abilities? All that was in the blog was the info about her summons.

-Konf-
31st Oct 2014, 02:55
Where did you find all these details about her abilities? All that was in the blog was the info about her summons.
There was a stream session held by Developers, where they surprised us with an actual demonstration of the Summoner. Have a look yourself and enjoy the footage here at their Twitch channel:
http://www.twitch.tv/nosgoth/b/583494286
If it's just the Summoner you're after, the demonstration starts at 28:00 mark. Have fun!

chriZor
31st Oct 2014, 08:26
Sneak and Peek @ the Summoner

LINK: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6FClBPIMIA

30.10.2014 - Nosgoth Official Developer Stream
http://www.twitch.tv/nosgoth

The show includes an exclusive preview(WORK IN PROGRESS) for the upcoming vampire class - i cutted it out for you guys

I Like! ;-)

Have Fun!
chriZor!

lucinvampire
31st Oct 2014, 13:27
The abilities for her look pretty cool…

The DBZ bomb looks like it’ll be fun to play with rraaaaahhhhhhh booooooom :D hahaha - going to be so entertaining!

The summoning looks cool too - I really like the concept of this – not sure on the bigger one though in like the fact either you die or it dies…well it’s awesome but I can see myself dying a lot to these monsters - but I suppose it depends how much life they give it.

The shieldy thing seems good – but I think it looks more of a Turelim ability as it stands – they're the ones with TK and a TK shield is kinda like that…well unless it’s not supposed to be an energy shield like that but more like magical but maybe it should be displayed a little more magic looking if this is the case…might just be the angle it was showing though and maybe she does some sort of jazz hands thing to summon it rather than just hold her hands out to make it shield-like…ok that was probably the worst description ever lol.

She looks and seems cool and can’t wait to have a bash at playing her :D

MasterZtark
31st Oct 2014, 14:33
She looks amazing, I'm very happy with how she's turning out! Now I just want to see her other three skins!!

Vampmaster
31st Oct 2014, 14:39
The abilities for her look pretty cool…

The DBZ bomb looks like it’ll be fun to play with rraaaaahhhhhhh booooooom :D hahaha - going to be so entertaining!

The summoning looks cool too - I really like the concept of this – not sure on the bigger one though in like the fact either you die or it dies…well it’s awesome but I can see myself dying a lot to these monsters - but I suppose it depends how much life they give it.

The shieldy thing seems good – but I think it looks more of a Turelim ability as it stands – they're the ones with TK and a TK shield is kinda like that…well unless it’s not supposed to be an energy shield like that but more like magical but maybe it should be displayed a little more magic looking if this is the case…might just be the angle it was showing though and maybe she does some sort of jazz hands thing to summon it rather than just hold her hands out to make it shield-like…ok that was probably the worst description ever lol.

She looks and seems cool and can’t wait to have a bash at playing her :D

I liked the abyssal shield and abyssal bolt, but they did seem a bit telekinetic to me. I didn't want to make a big deal over it without a second opinion though. They're called 'abyssal', so maybe they could be made to resemble the abyss or something. Raziel talked about snaring a soul from the abyss in the manual, so maybe the bolt could be like a snared soul that was weaponised is some way. I'm not sure how that could be represented visually though. The shield could resemble a spirally green vortex type thing.

GenFeelGood
31st Oct 2014, 21:21
I liked the abyssal shield and abyssal bolt, but they did seem a bit telekinetic to me. I didn't want to make a big deal over it without a second opinion though. They're called 'abyssal', so maybe they could be made to resemble the abyss or something. Raziel talked about snaring a soul from the abyss in the manual, so maybe the bolt could be like a snared soul that was weaponised is some way. I'm not sure how that could be represented visually though. The shield could resemble a spirally green vortex type thing.

Their could be a spectral face or a cluster of spectral faces in the center of the shield, howling in pain and agony from being pulled into this realm and then stretched out in all directions.

-Konf-
1st Nov 2014, 10:21
I liked the abyssal shield and abyssal bolt, but they did seem a bit telekinetic to me.
The animations and visual effects aren't finished yet, so I think the final product will feel less "telekinetic" and more of a "magic" type of thing. Even when talking about the way she feeds, developers mentioned that she's not using telekinesis to draw the blood from the fallen body, but uses that magical force to manipulate it.

But like you suggested, we might see some of that dark magic being used. Looking forward to seeing how it all works out in the end and the next development stream, hopefully there'll be some updates!