PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth ESL Beta Cup Series announced!

Saikocat
29th Oct 2014, 16:49
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-esl-beta-cup-series

Following on from our new game update on October 27th, we’re very excited to announce the upcoming Nosgoth ESL Beta Cup Series!

With our newly integrated private matches and ESL features, you’ll be able to organise matches against other teams, structuring the competitive side of Nosgoth so many of you have already been enjoying.

From November 9th (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/), you’ll be able to take that one step further, by taking part in the ESL Nosgoth Beta Cup Series, launching in both Europe and North America, with the first monthly final happening early December.

The Nosgoth ESL Closed Beta Cup Series will feature weekly and monthly competitions, with prize pools for both. Each week, the top team in the European Beta cup (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/nosgoth/major/closed-beta-cup-series-eu) and top team in the North American Beta cup (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/nosgoth/major/closed-beta-cup-series-na) will each win a €200/$200 prize fund. At the end of each month, the 8 teams that gather the most points over the past month will then compete for a total prize of €500/$500 in the monthly final!

Fancy yourself as a bit of a Nosgoth pro? This will be your chance to put your skills to the test. For more information, and to register for the Nosgoth ESL Beta Cup Series, check out the ESL Nosgoth portal site here: http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/

If you are an active, competitive Nosgoth player, the ESL are also looking for admins, so head to their site (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/) for more detail. Looking for team members, to take on the world? Pop over to our newly created Warbands/Clans sub-forum (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/forumdisplay.php?f=175) to meet other players!

All that remains now is to wish everyone luck! We will regularly be featuring news and content here, so even if you aren't taking part yourself, keep an eye out for more spotlights on competitive Nosgoth play.

GLHF!

Varulven
29th Oct 2014, 16:56
Is this why the servers are offline now? :confused:

Edit: Nevermind, just read the thread about the downtime xD

-Konf-
29th Oct 2014, 16:57
Extremely excited for the game and really, really looking forward to watching some competition. It's great to start early and attract attention and eventually this will also highlight the areas in the balance that will need tuning as we see more and more competitive players emerge.

However, I have to say I also got a bit sad and wanted to ask - will we see Australian / Oceanic ESL? I don't really know what it takes to organise those, but I would imagine it takes quite a lot of effort, but I just wanted to know if there are any plans?

-Konf-
29th Oct 2014, 16:58
Is this why the servers are offline now? :confused:
Nope, there's a hotfix being deployed to "to address the private match issue detailed in our last patch notes, and to fix the issue with Evolved Skins with cosmetic effects equipped." (quoting Saikocat from another thread)

MasterZtark
29th Oct 2014, 17:25
Thanks Cat, amazing news!

uNborn-
29th Oct 2014, 17:32
Great news. Boner Jams 2014.

RazielWarmonic
29th Oct 2014, 21:41
I want everyone to know, I will be helping out with the Nosgoth ESL as an admin, if you have any questions please let me know! You can ask here or through a PM - thanks!

-Warmonic

Shikei001
29th Oct 2014, 21:51
Okay I got a few questions xD

If I understand right we have 3 Cups:
1. Sunday, 02 Nov 2014 18:00 CET (1 Team)
2. Wednesday, 05 Nov 2014 19:00 CET(1 Team)
3. Sunday, 09 Nov 2014 17:00 CET (2 Teams)

First question what does the 1 team / 1 team and 2 teams behind the date mean ?

And do I have to play on every Cup ?

Third question... for a Clan how many teams can sign up ?

RazielWarmonic
29th Oct 2014, 23:25
Okay I got a few questions xD

If I understand right we have 3 Cups:
1. Sunday, 02 Nov 2014 18:00 CET (1 Team)
2. Wednesday, 05 Nov 2014 19:00 CET(1 Team)
3. Sunday, 09 Nov 2014 17:00 CET (2 Teams)
Correct, that is all the Euro cups that are planned for the moment. The Sunday, 02 and Wednesday, 05 one are open, meaning they are more casual and there are no prizes currently involved.

The one on Sunday, 09 is a Major and will involve prizes. ;)

First question what does the 1 team / 1 team and 2 teams behind the date mean ?
This just means that that many teams are signed up for that specific cup at the moment!

And do I have to play on every Cup ?
You do not, however, your team will have less points to qualify for the big cup. However, only Majors will count towards that point total.

Third question... for a Clan how many teams can sign up ?
Any amount of teams can sign up! No repeat members in team though!

I hope this answered your questions!

Cheers,
Warmonic

-Konf-
30th Oct 2014, 04:17
I want everyone to know, I will be helping out with the Nosgoth ESL as an admin, if you have any questions please let me know! You can ask here or through a PM - thanks!
Hey Warmonic, I'd understand if you don't have access to this information, but in case you got some special insight as an admin - do you know if there are any plans for Oceanic / Australian ESL?

Shikei001
30th Oct 2014, 10:57
Thank u so much RazielWarmonic, I never played ESL before and I have quite a hard time understanding the explanations on the website.

You do not, however, your team will have less points to qualify for the big cup. However, only Majors will count towards that point total.

So if I participate on both open Cups, I will have more points for the Major Cup on Sunday, 09 Nov 2014 , an with this a higher Chance to win the price ?

And another rather unrelated question (sry if I annoy u :( ), will the matches be recorded or streamed ?

RazielWarmonic
30th Oct 2014, 12:21
So if I participate on both open Cups, I will have more points for the Major Cup on Sunday, 09 Nov 2014 , an with this a higher Chance to win the price ?

And another rather unrelated question (sry if I annoy u :( ), will the matches be recorded or streamed ?
Nope! Okay, I might have worded that oddly. Only by participating in the Majors will you receive points for the bigger prize pool cup. The Major is more of a series, where as Open is more for fun.

I believe it is up to players at this point to stream matches (I wouldn't want to, just because it drops a LOT of FPS), so entirely up to them. I shall let you know more the closer we get, but at the moment we need spectator mode in Lobbies to stream/record.

Hey Warmonic, I'd understand if you don't have access to this information, but in case you got some special insight as an admin - do you know if there are any plans for Oceanic / Australian ESL?

There are no current plans for OC/AUS ESL. If that changes, I'll try to let you know. It's easiest to get updates by following @ESLNosgoth on Twitter. :) (https://twitter.com/ESLNosgoth) (Or myself, @Warmonic)

Blastin_Foolz
30th Oct 2014, 14:42

Assuming my ESL application goes through, I'll be actively streaming/recording games and possibly shout casting the bigger ones.

RazielWarmonic
30th Oct 2014, 16:24
Assuming my ESL application goes through, I'll be actively streaming/recording games and possibly shout casting the bigger ones.

Please know this is up to the ESL officials, so do not assume anything, also if you are an admin you are not able to partake in the cups. I just want to clarify that for you since it seems you want to play in the cups. :P

Mayhzon
31st Oct 2014, 02:14
Exciting news. So how does the sign-up work? Just sign up on the website? And how will the matches be organized? I'm a little confused.

Hey, didn't you play APB:Reloaded? I recognize this avatar...

RazielWarmonic
31st Oct 2014, 02:21
Exciting news. So how does the sign-up work? Just sign up on the website? And how will the matches be organized? I'm a little confused.

You can go here (http://play.eslgaming.com/nosgoth/global/news/249192) to see all the responsibilities and how to do an application.

Good luck! :)

Aggggh
31st Oct 2014, 05:03
However, I have to say I also got a bit sad and wanted to ask - will we see Australian / Oceanic ESL? I don't really know what it takes to organise those, but I would imagine it takes quite a lot of effort, but I just wanted to know if there are any plans?

Even if you managed to get ESL interested in a possible AU league you'd have to prove that there's an actual community to support it, most likely through a test cup, or that's how they've done it for other games at least.

Imo it's pretty unlikely there are enough competitive AU teams to really support a league, much less one with prize support. I certainly wouldn't try to get one started until the game has had more exposure at least, a failed test cup can put a nail in the coffin of any future shots at starting a league. Honestly, at this point I'll be pretty surprised if even the EU and NA tournaments get decent turn out.

injiau
1st Nov 2014, 14:57
Extremely excited for the game and really, really looking forward to watching some competition. It's great to start early and attract attention and eventually this will also highlight the areas in the balance that will need tuning as we see more and more competitive players emerge.

Konf, I just emailed ESL about ESL.australia.. Would be awesome to get something set up!!

Aswell, We have a community for Australia.. http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nosgothAU/members - We just need something to attract the competitive side of things and I'm sure with enough advertisements of leagues/ladders and obviously more game content people will be interested and would be forming teams in no time.

(I'm hopeful, As I enjoy this game very much) =p

-Konf-
1st Nov 2014, 22:34
Konf, I just emailed ESL about ESL.australia.. Would be awesome to get something set up!!
Thanks for that! For some reason the thought to ask a direct question never occurred to me. Would be great if you could share the response. I would assume Nosgoth isn't as bit in Australia / Oceania yet, compared to NA and EU regions, but hopefully with time and growth in player base we'll be able to see some local teams taking on the ESL.

Thanks for posting that link as well. I'm already a part of that community and looking for the ways to get more involved as I've seen OnlyLogic talk about organising something for fun.

Blastin_Foolz
1st Nov 2014, 22:38
Hey, didn't you play APB:Reloaded? I recognize this avatar...

I found it on deviant art.

Please know this is up to the ESL officials, so do not assume anything, also if you are an admin you are not able to partake in the cups. I just want to clarify that for you since it seems you want to play in the cups. :P

Oh, regardless if my application goes through or not, I'll be doing that as a side project. But, if it does go through, it would just make it easier for me to manage it as I won't have to worry about practising for scrims. And yes, if it goes through, I won't be partaking in the cups as a player.

injiau
2nd Nov 2014, 05:55
that's why onlylogic and myself have made nosgothAU steam group so we can get the community on the way get a mumble server to get things rolling and hopefully ESL come back to me with a response we can post on cybergamer.com.au and gain some interest within the rest of the community on it cause we've all heard of ESL and it's a big thing and having that support for a game and Australia to be part of is huge news.

Shikei001
3rd Nov 2014, 21:02
Is it possible to register substitution's ? (For worst case scenarios, PC crashes etc.)
Or is it just not allowed to switch members ?