PDA

View Full Version : Excuse me.

MorbidAngel
29th Oct 2014, 10:57
I have been quiet about this in hopes of the problem being solved, but no. The devs just want to do some halloween **** and add some weapons that have a 0.000025% drop rate. I'm sorry that I'm pissed but for ****'s sake fix the team balancing.

I am playing games with my team being lvl 9.15,8 and me (17) against lvl 40,38,27 and 40. And now you say "level doesn't matter", but YES, it does. It matters because you have more playtime = More experience, and you have alot more gold so that you have been able to buy new skills etc etc, I am level 17 and I haven't been able to buy a single perk yet. So I don't think the people that are below my level has either.

At first I thought "Well I don't care about the level they can be good/bad no matter what level". Say that to my Lose/Win ratio, I ALWAYS end up in the teams with EXTREMELY low level, and has to fight against people with high level, a good match for me is losing both rounds with 10 kills on each (20 total) that's a Good game for me.

And as soon as you have a liiiiittle advantage or you are for once better than the enemies, they leave and get replaced by some extremely pro guys kicking your ass and you end up losing anyway.

What is up with this? Isn't that what you're supposed to focus on, making the game playable? Instead of adding some random **** that you think is funny, I've spent over 20 euro on this game to support it, but I ain't supporting a game when the devs have no idea on what they are supposed to fix, I saw in a thread a long time ago that there was a update/patch fixing the balancing system "soon". I can't even remember when it was, but you have done so much since then, but nothing that is actually making the gameplay any better.

If you don't fix this soon I will stop playing this game, and so will my friends.

And above all that, this game has the WORST players ever, not skill, or anything like that, but the players Never listen, the completely ignore you, don't play as a team and alot of people just like to rush in alone feeding the other team, this has nothing to do with the team balancing but please, if you're one of those, just stop, please try to actually read what people say in chat, it's not that hard.

Thank you.

--Ram--
29th Oct 2014, 12:15
The matchmaking system is being worked and on and is a top priority. This has been stated repeatedly. All your frustrations are valid but it is not an overnight fix.

The case where one team consists of several 40s or high 30s is often due to experienced players wanting to party with other experienced players, to avoid the frustration of playing with only rookies.

Cristari
29th Oct 2014, 14:52
There is a sticky for the matchmaking system.

You are correct experience does matter a lot in this game however character v character (player aside) makes no difference.

MorbidAngel
29th Oct 2014, 15:43
The matchmaking system is being worked and on and is a top priority. This has been stated repeatedly. All your frustrations are valid but it is not an overnight fix.

The case where one team consists of several 40s or high 30s is often due to experienced players wanting to party with other experienced players, to avoid the frustration of playing with only rookies.

Yeah I saw that, was to frustrated to look before I posted, my mistake. Well it's good that they are aware that many people is upset because of this and that they are fixing it.

There is a sticky for the matchmaking system.

You are correct experience does matter a lot in this game however character v character (player aside) makes no difference.

Yes I saw that, my mistake for not looking, as stated above I was very frustrated, just came from a very unfair round of Nosgoth and instantly just pressed "New thread".

And yes that is very true! The characters are well balanced, when I first played Nosgoth, the very first public access, people were about the same level and it was awesome, that's why I decided to purchase the most expensive package to support the devs as much as I can to make this game even more awesome!

Saikocat
29th Oct 2014, 15:55
We definitely hear you, on this one.

The matchmaking improvements are coming, they're top priority, but it's a big undertaking. The blog we posted before, that you likely read, is here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-matchmaking-past-present-and-future). We posted a recent update here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/matchmaking-party-system-progress-update)to keep everyone informed about the progress.

At the moment those changes are unfortunately taking a bit longer than we'd like, but they are definitely coming. We definitely understand how frustrating it can be to end up in an unbalanced match, and there are changes coming to tackle that. So hang in there!

MorbidAngel
29th Oct 2014, 16:04

The matchmaking improvements are coming, they're top priority, but it's a big undertaking. The blog we posted before, that you likely read, is here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-matchmaking-past-present-and-future). We posted a recent update here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/matchmaking-party-system-progress-update)to keep everyone informed about the progress.

At the moment those changes are unfortunately taking a bit longer than we'd like, but they are definitely coming. We definitely understand how frustrating it can be to end up in an unbalanced match, and there are changes coming to tackle that. So hang in there!

Thank you for answering! I appreciate the answer and I will take a look on what you posted! I'll still play and try to get through it without raging.. It's nice to know it's being worked on!

Also I have a question not concerning this! Will you make it easier to get loot or easier to buy stuff? I've only bought stuff once and that's when I bought the game since I got alot of gold for buying it, I have alot of matches played but I've never got anything dropped and I can't buy anything because it's pretty expensive, and the stuff I actually can buy isn't better/worse it's just different which makes me pretty unsure because if I buy it and don't like it I will lose all my gold and have to start over collecting again ..

It's still fun to play but Never being able to get stuff makes it pretty dull, on other games that reward you after matches (Dota 2 for example) you actually sit there thinking "Hope I get something now" but here it's like you know you won't get anything .. I didn't even know you could get things for playing until you released the mythical equipment!

:)

Blastin_Foolz
29th Oct 2014, 16:13
In regards to matchmaking development:

http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/nosgoth-matchmaking-past-present-and-future
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/matchmaking-party-system-progress-update

It's being worked on; the sector of development/staff doing the Halloween event have no connection on the developmental progress and refinement of the matchmaking system at large. I'd give you the post to source this information, but it would appear I have lost it.

EDIT: Oh dear, Saiko. You sly lioness, you beat me to it! I spent too long trying to track down the source of that information above.

MorbidAngel
29th Oct 2014, 16:39
EDIT: Oh dear, Saiko. You sly lioness, you beat me to it! I spent too long trying to track down the source of that information above.

Well I thank you anyway for caring and sharing the information you have :)

Blastin_Foolz
29th Oct 2014, 16:48
Well I thank you anyway for caring and sharing the information you have :)

Don't mention it bro, it was nothing.

Hope you stick around with us!

MorbidAngel
29th Oct 2014, 16:51
Don't mention it bro, it was nothing.

Hope you stick around with us!

I probably will, it was morning I was tired and just wanted to enjoy one of my favorite games and ended up in the typical super un-balanced game and I just had enough .. But I will give it another shot again later and just try to help people to get better and destroy our opponents no matter what level! :)

Saikocat
29th Oct 2014, 18:30
Also I have a question not concerning this! Will you make it easier to get loot or easier to buy stuff? I've only bought stuff once and that's when I bought the game since I got alot of gold for buying it, I have alot of matches played but I've never got anything dropped and I can't buy anything because it's pretty expensive, and the stuff I actually can buy isn't better/worse it's just different which makes me pretty unsure because if I buy it and don't like it I will lose all my gold and have to start over collecting again ..

In relation to Mysterious items and their drop rate, I don't have any news on that at the moment, but I am passing the feedback on here to the team.

For the rate you earn gold at, there is no adjustment happening to it at the moment, but an important thing to note is you can buy each ability/weapon for 7 days as well. If you're unsure if you might like something, you can always purchase it for 7 days to try it out. It's cheaper and lets you try it out, before committing to buy the permanent (more expensive) option.

And sorry, Blastin_Foolz ;) Though I would like to change my title to Community Lioness now you've said that...

Blastin_Foolz
29th Oct 2014, 18:36
And sorry, Blastin_Foolz ;) Though I would like to change my title to Community Lioness now you've said that...

It's all good, darlin'.

MorbidAngel
29th Oct 2014, 19:35
For the rate you earn gold at, there is no adjustment happening to it at the moment, but an important thing to note is you can buy each ability/weapon for 7 days as well. If you're unsure if you might like something, you can always purchase it for 7 days to try it out. It's cheaper and lets you try it out, before committing to buy the permanent (more expensive) option.

I just got an item called "Agent Ash" but it's not in my inventory, why is that? I restarted and played another match but it's not there, I realized it may be that the "Items rewarded" after the match does not only show items that I've got, but the items rewarded to every player in the game, am I right or did the weapon in fact, disappear?

And yes, I know there's a 7 day option (even though I forgot) but that system is something I dislike in any game, but fair enough, it's a good option since there isn't anything else I can do for the moment, so problem solved :)

Ty for the answers!

Illusa
30th Oct 2014, 01:37
Just as a helpful hint to new players that may read this:

Save perks for last to full out buy.. it is by far easier to temp buy them for a week (used to be able to do it for 30 days =( ) while you instead focus your gold towards abilities, as they have a bigger outcome on your play.

Unless you are a hunter, because they get perks that turn them from rubbish aiming to godly aiming with just a proper perk. But even then, you will see better results leveling if you just temp buy perks until you buy all your abilities you want.

sarcinelli
30th Oct 2014, 04:40
The fix is simple, just make a separated pre-made queue.

The team stack problem comes from pre-made teams being put against random pubs.

Illusa
30th Oct 2014, 14:11
The fix is simple, just make a separated pre-made queue.

The team stack problem comes from pre-made teams being put against random pubs.

To my understanding the issue would not be that they are seperate (because they do attempt to put party vs party) but what happens when one party cannot find another party? They still want you to play so IFF party1 cannot find a party2 then and only then do you put party1 into queue with people not in a party.

Thus people still get to play and not have stupidly long queue times that don't let you play together.

This is the hard choice of picking which side you want to be on... allowing friends to play together but have some balance issues or not allowing friends to play together and no balance issues. Currently Nosgoth is saying they would like you to be able to play with friends.