PDA

View Full Version : MISC. Name Tags

Blastin_Foolz
28th Oct 2014, 07:59
Okay, let me start off by saying that I was severely disappointed when I used a name tag on my repeater and it didn't let me actually name it. It just slaps my Steam tag onto it and calls it a day. I have a few problems with this:

- It doesn't specify what happens when you actually use the name tag and it's true purpose is depressingly boring.
- I was under the intention that it would work like TF2 and actually let us customize a name for it for added customizability.
- They're somewhat rare, as they are only acquirable via the Immortal Pack and the actual benefit of them is incredibly lacklustre considering not only their rarity, but the applicable associated cost of the Immortal Pack.

What I propose is (unsurprisingly) that instead of just ramming your Steam tag in there, you get the ability to actually NAME your weapon, like the item name implies, anyone else agree?

lucinvampire
28th Oct 2014, 11:22
I haven't personally tried to name anything yet (as I've been trying to think of cool names for stuff) and was also under the impression that you could name them what you wanted - if this isn't a bug then I am disappointed too.

Blastin_Foolz
28th Oct 2014, 16:01
I haven't personally tried to name anything yet (as I've been trying to think of cool names for stuff) and was also under the impression that you could name them what you wanted - if this isn't a bug then I am disappointed too.

Nope, it is not a bug as far as I know. They're apparently working just as intended, even though the intentions on their current functionality is intrinsically worthless.

--Ram--
29th Oct 2014, 10:43
Okay, let me start off by saying that I was severely disappointed when I used a name tag on my repeater and it didn't let me actually name it. It just slaps my Steam tag onto it and calls it a day. I have a few problems with this:

- It doesn't specify what happens when you actually use the name tag and it's true purpose is depressingly boring.
- I was under the intention that it would work like TF2 and actually let us customize a name for it for added customizability.
- They're somewhat rare, as they are only acquirable via the Immortal Pack and the actual benefit of them is incredibly lacklustre considering not only their rarity, but the applicable associated cost of the Immortal Pack.

What I propose is (unsurprisingly) that instead of just ramming your Steam tag in there, you get the ability to actually NAME your weapon, like the item name implies, anyone else agree?

Really surprised to hear this. Seems like a worthless item for sure if that is really all it is intended to do. Honestly even when I thought you could choose a name it seemed worthless already since you are the only person who will ever see the name (As far as I can tell).

/Agree
A name tag should enable you to tag an item with a chosen name

JanusDominus
29th Oct 2014, 17:53
Agreed on all counts. I am sorry, but this is just hilariously bad. Just putting my Steam name before the weapon name - what's the damn point? And since they are named the same as the TF2 item and are similarly rare, it would imply that they have the same functionality. Naming your own weapon? Awesome. Having your name put before your weapon? Just why? Why bother? What is the point? It's so hilariously lame.

Really surprised to hear this. Seems like a worthless item for sure if that is really all it is intended to do. Honestly even when I thought you could choose a name it seemed worthless already since you are the only person who will ever see the name (As far as I can tell).

You can see your enemy's weapon and its name when you put your cursor over it in post-death damage chart.

Malkev
30th Oct 2014, 04:09
You can see your enemy's weapon and its name when you put your cursor over it in post-death damage chart.

And now they can see your name in your weapon like as if you were a five year old child with fear of losing it.

lucinvampire
30th Oct 2014, 13:09
Nope, it is not a bug as far as I know. They're apparently working just as intended, even though the intentions on their current functionality is intrinsically worthless.

I was told by someone you were able name them what you liked that's why I wondered if it was a bug - but nope - and this makes sad times indeed :( ...my dreams of having the most amusingly named weapons in game have been squashed.

Please Squenix – make it so we can name stuff what we like – that’s the fun we want :flowers: pwetty please

cmstache
30th Oct 2014, 14:47
I wouldn't mind the name from steam being there (as it would still be able to be named by changing that), but I do think it'd be cool if it kept the original name and didn't change with the steam name. So, if I named it and traded it to another player, it'd still say it was mine and that they got it from me. :)

MasterZtark
30th Oct 2014, 21:55
I agree it was a bit disappointing to find out how the naming worked, and wish we could use our own names.

I don't believe there is any way for another player to see what we named the items (like in the death screen it shows the person that killed you used a standard named weapon), so I don't understand why we can't name it whatever we want.

I used my first name tag on my Evolved Turelim skin, wanting to give him a cool nickname. Sad, sad day when I just got "MasterZtark's Evolved Turelim".

Blastin_Foolz
1st Nov 2014, 13:09
I don't believe there is any way for another player to see what we named the items (like in the death screen it shows the person that killed you used a standard named weapon), so I don't understand why we can't name it whatever we want.

It should show if you mouse over it.

Bump, would like this addressed in the future, perhaps on release?