PDA

View Full Version : 10/27 patch feedback.

Khalith
27th Oct 2014, 23:50
So after playing for a few hours with the new weapons and some of the changes I decided to post my thoughts.

A) Devil ranged weapons/abilities:

The looks and sounds are really good, I was iffy on them when I read about them but I was pleasantly surprised. However I noticed a few issues with them.

1. The glowing arm effect doesn't seem to be working correctly on the Tyrant evolved skin with Devil Charge or Devil Jump Attack, you have the sound effect, but not the visual. I didn't see if it works on the other skins. I also noticed a similar issue with the Reaver evolved skin while I was being attacked. Sound, but no visual.

2. The scout's charged shot doesn't change color, I personally think it should.

B) New lobby layout.

1. I love the fact that levels are hidden, keep that.

2. I'm not so fond of the way it's split on the screen, I preferred the two teams closer together on the old version.

3. The countdown/intermission are a bit too small and hard to see immediately.

I can't comment on noscam or private matches as I have not used either.

Cristari
27th Oct 2014, 23:57
Glad you got a game as I cant seem to find one I want to play the whole way through!

I assume you bought your Devils Night weapon?

Psyonix_Eric
28th Oct 2014, 00:13
1. The glowing arm effect doesn't seem to be working correctly on the Tyrant evolved skin with Devil Charge or Devil Jump Attack, you have the sound effect, but not the visual. I didn't see if it works on the other skins. I also noticed a similar issue with the Reaver evolved skin while I was being attacked. Sound, but no visual.
This was an issue with the evolved skins for the three classes. There's a fix for it but it did not get in in time for the patch. It should be in a future patch.

Khalith
28th Oct 2014, 00:24
Glad you got a game as I cant seem to find one I want to play the whole way through!

I assume you bought your Devils Night weapon?

I did, I bought a few of them in fact. For those wondering, I got the heavy pistols, repeater, fullbore cannon, disguise, charge, jump attack.

This was an issue with the evolved skins for the three classes. There's a fix for it but it did not get in in time for the patch. It should be in a future patch.

Thanks for the heads up Eric! Glad you guys are aware of it.

Nuhjeea
28th Oct 2014, 04:54
For private matches, I think some weird stuff happens where you will switch teams if you're partied up with people from the other team. It scrambles people somehow at least.

For the Noscam, I set all my bindings but none of them seem to work. When I start the recording, it just follows one random person (it's not always me, sometimes teammates) and doesn't let me switch camera or person or anything really.