PDA

View Full Version : Devils Night is here and I want to stop playing!

Cristari
27th Oct 2014, 22:23
Well Devils night is here and I am so fed up in 5 seconds of starting a match I'm dropped into a 4 v 2 Scenario with the other team having a party of 3 in it's midst while everyone else is Solo therefore everyone else is getting trod all over I leave and join another game only to be dropped back into the same damn game. Again I leave and decide to play Siege and get stuck in the worst teams ever!

I really really don't want to play this if every game I play ends up being a loss just because I don't play in Pre-mades. The reason for that is because I don't have any friends playing this at the same time as me.

I'm going to head off and play something else and Hope that this ends up being better tomorrow.

ThreeBeastSmile
27th Oct 2014, 22:38
Yeah, I had to take a break for the same reason. Too much running into the same people win or lose though; made me feel increasingly claustrophobic. It doesn't get my spirits up hearing that it's still a present thing. I even hop across regions in a hope I get a glimmer of a decent game going when my own region turns out trumps - and honestly, it's most of the time... it's so weird that most of my time is spent on my non-native soil and thus less than desirable ping. :/

Sucks. I don't have anyone on my list that's interested in playing this long term. At the moment I convince myself to pull over since "It's okay, I still get some coin aye?" but what happens when I don't need coin any more? ._.

Cristari
27th Oct 2014, 23:52
Tried to go back in again and sat waiting for ages in both Siege and TDM eventually got a match and someone left leaving us with a 3v4 match.

Absolutely pointless!

Illusa
28th Oct 2014, 04:25
I tried coming back myself the last previous patch but my first game ended up with the start of a 4v2 so I left so it could be 3v2.. cause I wasn't going to bother playing that waste of a round which was going to end up us destroying the other team as people chain leave the server until the next round starts. It's honestly getting FAR too common of an issue in my mind and is to date the only reason I am still 2 lvls from 40 for over the last month. I cannot handle it anymore.

I see a huge way to fix it and that is to NOT start rounds that don't have full teams. But it would seem they don't want to revert to that currently, or even talk about it. I also don't want to see punishments either, as that doesn't solve the core problem. It will either be too weak that no one cares or too strong that it turns ppl into griefers so they don't deal with the punishment. That is either they feed the other team to end it faster, use a bot to afk and not care, pull the plug on their internet and drop via lost connection, etc...

Cristari
28th Oct 2014, 11:45
There is the obvious resolutions but people wont like them:
Pausing the match until someone else joins,
Ending the match when someone leaves,
Kicking players from the other team to balance it out.
Doubling Health or Halving damage to even out game play.

Sanguise23
28th Oct 2014, 12:50
There is the obvious resolutions but people wont like them:
Pausing the match until someone else joins,
Ending the match when someone leaves,
Kicking players from the other team to balance it out.
Doubling Health or Halving damage to even out game play.
the only one of these that is even remotely ok is the x2 health or lower damage, some kinda buff for lower player team would be ok

Illusa
28th Oct 2014, 13:21
the only one of these that is even remotely ok is the x2 health or lower damage, some kinda buff for lower player team would be ok

Actually Blizzard proved, in my mind, that higher health bonuses while being under manned is actually stupidly strong and FAR from balanced. I actually see the game pausing to be the best option of those if any were to happen. And after X amount of time there is a vote to play on without person if no one shows up.

So while they can cause games to go longer, it doesn't allow the issue that happens when 1 team is down 25% of their possible damage... a slaughter.

Blastin_Foolz
28th Oct 2014, 15:59
Or you could just punish people who frequently leave games? You know, solve the problem before it starts.

RoflBalast
28th Oct 2014, 16:57
Or you could just punish people who frequently leave games? You know, solve the problem before it starts.
The dream.

Vampmaster
28th Oct 2014, 17:07

Emphasis on 'frequently' though. So it starts as a small penalty and gets bigger if you quit several times in a row. That way it doesn't unfairly punish for disconnections or occasional interruptions.

TheDreamcrusher
29th Oct 2014, 00:06
I don't really like the idea of penalizing people for joining/leaving. I'd rather see a handicap/buff status happen in benefit of the team that has fewer players.