PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - October 27th Update

Saikocat
27th Oct 2014, 16:14
Devil's Night

From now until November 3rd, earn exclusive event rewards by playing Nosgoth!
Devil's Weapons and Banners are available in the store for a limited time.
All Mysterious items dropped during Devil's Night are "Ghostly" and will have special event visual FX.

Private Match

Private Matches have come to Nosgoth!
On the PLAY screen, select "Private Match" to host and join private lobbies.
Private Matches are hosted on our dedicated servers and offer match customization options.
Private Matches do not reward XP or Gold.
KNOWN ISSUE: In rare cases, two players simultaneously requesting a Private server can end up in the same lobby. If this happens to you, please back out and try again. We will hotfix this later in the week.

Noscam

Noscam has arrived and allows you to record and replay your matches!
On the PLAY screen, select "Noscam" to review recent matches and either replay them, or ARCHIVE them for later!
IMPORTANT: Currently, Noscam replays will become invalid when new patches are released. Make sure you capture any footage from favorite replays before the next patch!

Bug Fixes

Reverted the change we believe was causing the disconnect issues since the last patch. We will monitor the situation closely to ensure it is fixed.
Mysterious items will now correctly only deplete charge when fully unlocked.

RazielWarmonic
27th Oct 2014, 16:18
Thanks for the update Cat!
Can't want to test everything out. :)

Scrims, anyone? Hahaha.

EDIT: If anyone wants me to spectate(stream)/shoutcast a scrim/PCW, let me now. Just send me a message on Twitch and I can do that. :)

Vampmaster
27th Oct 2014, 16:20
Did anyone get to look at the bug with the banners not staying equipped after restart?

Dena92052
27th Oct 2014, 16:24
Awwww yeah. Finally Private Matches. Saikocat do Square Enix have any kind of IRC or Group to post for some pcw/scrims?

Greetings. Denox

RazielWarmonic
27th Oct 2014, 16:38
Awwww yeah. Finally Private Matches. Saikocat do Square Enix have any kind of IRC or Group to post for some pcw/scrims?

Greetings. Denox

If Square has nothing, I will come up with something Denox.
I'm thinking about investing into a Mumble for pugs and what have you in the future as well.

Cheers,
Warmonic

Rizos53
27th Oct 2014, 16:55
Thanks for the update hope you will fix the kicks and crashes soon though

Garfild_ru
27th Oct 2014, 16:58
Русский перевод этого патчноута
Russian translation of this patchnote
http://nosgoth.ru/1011-nosgoth-update-27-10-2014/

-Konf-
27th Oct 2014, 17:07
Wow, this patch has a lot more than I expected!

Really excited for the event and for the ability to capture re-plays. Time to start forming teams!

That being said - wasn't expecting private lobbies to come out so soon? I mean, you guys have just made a post recently and now it's live? The Summoner out in a weeks time, anyone? :p

--Ram--
27th Oct 2014, 17:11

Really excited for the event and for the ability to capture re-plays. Time to start forming teams!

That being said - wasn't expecting private lobbies to come out so soon? I mean, you guys have just made a post recently and now it's live? The Summoner out in a weeks time, anyone? :p

Also pleasantly surprised by this. Nice one Psyonix!

MasterZtark
27th Oct 2014, 17:50
Thanks Cat! A lot of good stuff this patch!

xBaseLine
27th Oct 2014, 17:51
well its not out yet isnt it?

Saikocat
27th Oct 2014, 18:06

Hehe, I'm afraid not :)

We want to make sure we give frequent updates on what's coming up, so sometimes it will be about what's coming up pretty soon, and for others it'll be about what's on the horizon. In the case of the Summoner update we gave an indication of when she'll be released, but unlike private matches, she's not about to leap into the game just yet ;)

Saikocat
27th Oct 2014, 18:06
We are still down for maintenance now, but once the update is complete we'll post an update in the thread.

Infectednoob
27th Oct 2014, 18:31
I MUST PLAY!

Cant wait! how long until steam update will be up? South african internet isnt really the fastest around and takes quite a while to do updates. Any idea on update size?

Sindrish
27th Oct 2014, 18:45
What time do you follow to drop updates? seems like its not the best time to throw down a maintenance at the peak playing hours (europe at least)

FireWorks_
27th Oct 2014, 19:00
20 hours in the 27th without a playable event announced for 27th.

Common at least give a time for the next try of your events.

Dilettantish.

Shikei001
27th Oct 2014, 19:07
What time do you follow to drop updates? seems like its not the best time to throw down a maintenance at the peak playing hours (europe at least)

This was discussed before.

UTC 0600 to 0900 seems to be the best time to shutdown Nosgoth anyways ;)
http://steamdb.info/app/200110/graphs/

Psyonix didn't said anything but maybe they just can't do it differently.. tho I don't know the reasons...

Nurgor
27th Oct 2014, 19:29
Ten days later... *imagine it spoken with french accent xD

malgaa
27th Oct 2014, 19:56
OMOGMOMOZMOFMOGN PCWS NOW!

If Square has nothing, I will come up with something Denox.
I'm thinking about investing into a Mumble for pugs and what have you in the future as well.

Cheers,
Warmonic

That'd be awesome, keep us updated please. Maybe SE could help (pay) with that :D.

RazielWarmonic
27th Oct 2014, 20:00
OMOGMOMOZMOFMOGN PCWS NOW!

That'd be awesome, keep us updated please. Maybe SE could help (pay) with that :D.

Yup! I'll let you guys know more as soon as I can grab some more information, mostly funding.
If I can find the funding I'll get it up ASAP!

Shikei001
27th Oct 2014, 20:28
I MUST PLAY!

Cant wait! how long until steam update will be up? South african internet isnt really the fastest around and takes quite a while to do updates. Any idea on update size?

934,1 MB :D

Pavlol
27th Oct 2014, 21:50
Getting randomly disconnected in the middle of matches. It has happened in the last 2 I've tried to play. Dunno if anyone else is getting this but I thought I'd post about it

Da_Wolv
27th Oct 2014, 21:55
Dat Noscam sure sounds great!

I am really hoping this game can take off into competitive gaming!

Shikei001
27th Oct 2014, 22:11
First Tthought's after couple of matches :D

Many Player seems to have a FPS problem right now and a relativley high CPU usage, maybe because the Noscam is recording every match ?

Witch leads me to the Noscam...
This thing is awesome :D
Rewatching a match u played... from spectator mode *_* awesome as **** :D

Rly rly nice job on this one Psyonix :D

But one thing I noticed... if u use the Devils weapons from this event and then rewatch the match using Noscam the FX-Effects are not visible... strange thing xD

One other thing I was rly enjoying was the new Lobby interface :D Awesome design ;) (and no Lvl's anymore Yay :D well at least until ur ingame xD)

Keep up the great work Psyonix :D

Vampmaster
27th Oct 2014, 22:46
The icons for the devil's items aren't working. There seems to be a lot of broken lobbies at the moment.

Psyonix_Eric
27th Oct 2014, 23:27
The icons for the devil's items aren't working. There seems to be a lot of broken lobbies at the moment.
Thanks. Should be fixed now.

Nuhjeea
27th Oct 2014, 23:32
Great patch! Private matches AND Noscam?!
:worship:

Illusa
28th Oct 2014, 04:13
Devil's Night

From now until November 3rd, earn exclusive event rewards by playing Nosgoth!
Devil's Weapons and Banners are available in the store for a limited time.
All Mysterious items dropped during Devil's Night are "Ghostly" and will have special event visual FX.

Private Match

Private Matches have come to Nosgoth!
On the PLAY screen, select "Private Match" to host and join private lobbies.
Private Matches are hosted on our dedicated servers and offer match customization options.
Private Matches do not reward XP or Gold.
KNOWN ISSUE: In rare cases, two players simultaneously requesting a Private server can end up in the same lobby. If this happens to you, please back out and try again. We will hotfix this later in the week.

Noscam

Noscam has arrived and allows you to record and replay your matches!
On the PLAY screen, select "Noscam" to review recent matches and either replay them, or ARCHIVE them for later!
IMPORTANT: Currently, Noscam replays will become invalid when new patches are released. Make sure you capture any footage from favorite replays before the next patch!

Bug Fixes

Reverted the change we believe was causing the disconnect issues since the last patch. We will monitor the situation closely to ensure it is fixed.
Mysterious items will now correctly only deplete charge when fully unlocked.

To me you listed those in the perfect order of, meh.. wow that is amazing for the community to omfg THAT is amazing and stupidly useful for the community! (skipping the bug fixes which are always just a welcome thing to see =p )

Question on the Noscam, does it record from all angles or only my play screen? Can I watch the world move as a spectator and learn from it? Can we share the files to others so they can watch it as well (logic makes me assume yes)?

At this point all I need is a dev to explain to me why we still are starting matches when the teams are not full. As I get the logic behind it being for faster games starting up due to small pop. But it also introduces an issue, that was really rare before, with ppl chain quitting out and rounds just going to pot due to it now being in place. Have there been thoughts of reverting to the old way or are we stuck in the current way and I should either deal with it or move on? A simple, is now locked it.. or something we are looking at still is all I really need for an answer. Though obviously I'd love to be greedy and say tell me directly what is going on, but I know that probably cannot happen =p

riccetto80
28th Oct 2014, 04:56
finally a good patch who dont **** up something else... the first one since i play nosgoth, lol...

nice job.

Shikei001
28th Oct 2014, 08:30
Question on the Noscam, does it record from all angles or only my play screen? Can I watch the world move as a spectator and learn from it? Can we share the files to others so they can watch it as well (logic makes me assume yes)?

Yes u can :D Just try it out it is all explained after u start a recorded match :) (and u record all matches^^)
I think it is the "Space-Button" witch lets u switch between Player and Spectator mode :D

To share it I think u have to record it using another program... but not sure tho...

lucinvampire
28th Oct 2014, 11:14
Good patch :D

The only thing which was kinda annoying is with the Private Matches if you wanted several in a row - after every one you get split and have to try to set it all up again. Is there any possibility that in the future you wont be kicked at the end of your Private Match - so you can continue to play with your selected group?

There are some bugs with it too saying "party is full" when in Private server and there is space on the team - we found sometimes you have to message the server code and then people can join.

The text in the lobby part is pretty small - might need to be a bit bigger as it's quite hard to see the messages in the chat and the server name.

Might have to test out Noscam today - as it sounds interesting :D

TheDreamcrusher
28th Oct 2014, 12:07
Can't say I dig the changes where I can't see the lobby's location when I search anywhere for open games. Also, banner colors are a lot duller than before.

5amael_
28th Oct 2014, 12:29
Would be lovely to get a bit more detailed change log in future updates. Not sure why you're not adding certain changes to the change log like the revamped lobby screen in this patch.

Sanguise23
28th Oct 2014, 12:43
Really liking the private lobbies and noscam. Private lobbys are great for practice, cant wait for a 5v5 match, is there anyway we can have an option to post or lobby code # thingy so others can see it after its set up to fill out private games

Saikocat
28th Oct 2014, 15:59
Hey guys,
For a more detailed break down of how Noscam works, check out this new blog update: http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/your-guide-to-noscam

cmstache
28th Oct 2014, 16:16
Can't say I dig the changes where I can't see the lobby's location when I search anywhere for open games. Also, banner colors are a lot duller than before.

I agree here. I like the new layout/color scheme (slight banner tweaks, etc.). That being said, I don't like playing on OC servers (since I live in the NA. Either server works for me here, and the EU server is normally fine for me. But, since the OC servers can't be exclusively marked off the list I get thrown in them without a real warning of what my ping will be. I'd rather give me spot to someone who can better use it on the server than half-play it, since I refuse to quit mid-game.

Shikei001
28th Oct 2014, 21:03
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but if u use "Devils Disguise" after u did a melee attack or even Shroud as a Deceiver, the FX-Effect doesn't turn invisible.

Easy target... :(

RainaAudron
28th Oct 2014, 22:56
Don't know if it has been mentioned, but if u use "Devils Disguise" after u did a melee attack or even Shroud as a Deceiver, the FX-Effect doesn't turn invisible.

Easy target... :(

It was reported here. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=17645)

I really like the private matches I must say, finally! It would have been nice though if you could set the lobby from private to public or just be able to start a new public lobby as a separate option. Me and my friends were having troubles finding one empty lobby, it kept putting us into the same full game over and over... Having an option for games in progress only would be welcomed as well and would save everybody┬┤s time.

--Ram--
29th Oct 2014, 01:44
Good patch :D

The only thing which was kinda annoying is with the Private Matches if you wanted several in a row - after every one you get split and have to try to set it all up again. Is there any possibility that in the future you wont be kicked at the end of your Private Match - so you can continue to play with your selected group?

This. Had a 5 vs 5 AUS vs US match yesterday, however it was a fairly big turnoff having to restart the private server after every game

MuShYRoOM
29th Oct 2014, 23:30
Many Player seems to have a FPS problem right now and a relativley high CPU usage, maybe because the Noscam is recording every match ?

I assume it too.. friend of mine got an old pc and had to set everything off/low to make nosgoth playable.
After this update its more laggy then before and we think its because of the noscam, which u cant disable..

Will there be an option in future where you can disable noscam if you dont need it?
I think its just nonsense when every game will be recorded, although you won't or just don't want to use this feature..

Psyonix_Corey
29th Oct 2014, 23:59
Noscam has little to no overhead, it's not capturing footage, just saving off position/animation data. Wouldn't cause FPS issues.

Illusa
30th Oct 2014, 02:06
Question: Why was player level blocked from the lobby but not by the tab screen during in game play?

Seems to accomplish nothing in the end. Those that judge based on level still can easily, and can leave just as easily as well.

Or is this a way to better track people that leave? Because you force them to start the game at least before they leave and you may be able to track that easier than just lobby leaving?

Also I would suggest a longer time for ppl to join the server to start the round, it would seem ppl still are having long load times for the game and causing issues with balance due to this.