PDA

View Full Version : What are the REAL system requirements?

27th Oct 2014, 11:59
Ahem,had trouble with this game for like.. 7 months or so,not really of a forum rat so havent used em before. The issue I'm having is that.. I just can't have smooth performance.
Even with vsync off and ALL settings on low I am barely having 60FPS and in intense moments such as multiple flayers fight with some explosions it dips to 45 or so on all lowest..my specs aren't that of a high end PC and i dont expect all on ultra,but hey this doesnt seem like a very demanding game! I should be able to run it smoothly without EVER falling below 60fps on medium atleast.
just look at this,my specs:
HEDY A1016 case
Gigabyte H61M-S2-B3 motherboard
8GB Crucial ballistix sport 1866MHz DDR3 RAM
Intel i3-2100 3.1GHz dual-core, (you can blame all crap in the world on it,it wont change,it's a heartless poorly performing metal scrap not suitable for anything.. why the hell I wasted $ on it.. could of got a pentium and celeron, performance pretty much the same,also you know that overclockable G3258.. damn it's way superior)
ASUS GTX 750Ti OC Edition
Seagate 500GB 7200RPM HDD
Benq E2220HD monitor,basic 1920x1080,no complains about it.

now what they say minimum and recommended specs are in FAQ:
Minimum

Processor 2.0 GHz
RAM 2GB
Video Card Nvidia 8800 or ATI 2900
HDD Space 3 GB

Recommended

Processor 2.0+ GHz multi-core
RAM 8 GB
Video Card Nvidia 260 series or ATI 5850
HDD Space 4 GB

My PC is whole head above em,also having similar performance issues in most online third person games,connection is great,definetly not the problem.

neoVictrix
27th Oct 2014, 16:07
Out of curiosity, what resolution are you playing the game at?

I've got a crap computer that I've been using, and had some issues when playing on the native resolution for my monitor (1440x900). Moved it down to 1280x800 or somewhere around there and haven't been having any issues.

BR0sephStalin
27th Oct 2014, 18:34
Nosgoth is optimized poorly, turn your graphics down.

Prolaktynka
28th Oct 2014, 15:16
Barely 60 fps and you complain? I play with 20 fps dropping to 2-5 in combat. All other Unreal Engine 3 games work flawlessly on high settings, don't know what's causing this one to be so hard on rigs.

--Ram--
29th Oct 2014, 10:54
60 fps is a minimum that most people expect to achieve. I would consider it a problem if mine dropped below 60 as well.

2-5 fps in combat? you might as well be playing a power point presentation.

Would be great if at some point devs could fill us in on whether we should expect further optimisation or more options to improve performance. It may be that we just need to adjust to how it plays now. Personally I don't have any real issues, my fps sits at 90 typically.

I still feel that controls are not overly smooth but this may have something to do with fairly crap internet connection

RainaAudron
29th Oct 2014, 12:16
I usually get around 25fps, would be nice if there was a way to improve it :/ (i5-3210M, 2.5GHz, Nvidia GT630M).

cmstache
29th Oct 2014, 18:44
It's definitely an optimization issue, somewhere along the line. Early beta I was getting 40-50 fps with mid-high settings. The past 6 months of so I've been struggling to get a consistent FPS over 30-35 on bare minimum settings.

At some point there was an issue that happened (gradual or not) and it just hasn't been sighted in for everyone, whatever it is. Hopefully, it'll be fixed at some point (I'd imagine before release at least.) The dev team is more than likely aware of the issue and I tend to take it on faith that they constantly work on it. Quite honestly, the game plays, so even optimization is lower on the list for me than the Match-making system, so I'd personally prefer they work on that instead of frame rates (though, I do understand that some people don't have that luxury.

Cyberthrust
1st Nov 2014, 03:19
I can run Tomb Raider 2013 on low settings 1080p at a steady 30 fps, but on low settings in nosgoth, i can only run around 20 fps, and trust me, the visual fidelity in tomb raider is much higher than nsogoth, thi is just some feedback, i believe it will be fixed in open beta and following that, full launch, so yea, just some noraml feedback, i hope this is addresed soon. :D