PDA

View Full Version : Issues in the game

username001
26th Oct 2014, 18:57
1. No autoteambalance

2. In TDM, if a team is leading by 5-10 kills they can just run away and wait for the timer since the remaining exp/gold you could get from combat is negligible

3. Vampires' attack->roll animation canceling makes you move alot faster than anyone else

4. Most skills are some form of AoE damage skills that you only need to aim at the ground. Have the devs previously only made consolegames since the game is so dumbed down to noskill AoE/mouse1 spam?

5. Human team having 4 scouts breaks the game since they can instantly kill anything at any range while having the best AoE skills. (bad map design is also part of the problem) Having that small self-damage on AoE skills means nothing since you can always stand on top of an ally's AoE effect instead of your own, or just use healing skills.

6. Most maps have 1-2 corner spots where humans will always camp in non-objective gamemodes and just rotate between 2 healing stations after teamwiping vampires and then go back to the campspot. These campspots are always places on the edges of the map where there are invisible walls behind the humans so they cannot be attacked from behind. Fix is obvious, put proper walls on the edges of the maps so vampires can walk on them. Very bad map design.

7. Game settings may randomly reset to default between game sessions. (or at least audio settings can)

8. The sound volume of the burning wall on the map "The Fane" is always very loud, it doesn't change even if you put all the volume sliders to minimum.

9. Lack of gamemodes where humans' job is something else than camping.

Currently the game is nearly unplayable, and you do events?

RoflBalast
26th Oct 2014, 20:30
1. And I hope there won't be any in-game, only for lobby. It's frustrating.

2. Both teams can go hunting, harder for humans though. Haven't seen anyone pull such trick.

3. Not much, but yeah, you can move faster.

4. Explosive shot, light bomb only.

5. 4 deceivers can counter those shenenigans.

6.Name a few "corners" and not tactical zones. Or when you play other shooters you expose yourself in wide open area?

7. Yep, happened to me once.

8. Seems to be a bug when you lower your audio settings to 1-5%. Try to lower your master volume(should be same option in game) and keep ingame settings at 50%.

9. Yeah, but they planned new gamemodes. Wait for open beta if you can't play tdm/siege.

What's wrong with events? There is group of people working on nosgoth.

username001
26th Oct 2014, 22:22
4. Explosive shot, light bomb only.

And prophet aoe, scout has 2 + mine, choking haze(smoke bomb is a copypaste without dmg), tyrant stun, sentinel thrown bomb, uhh was that all?

As humans, there is no point being anywhere else than in the corners of the maps where you only have to look at one direction to spot incoming vampires. That also counters your "4 deceivers".

TheDreamcrusher
26th Oct 2014, 22:32
And prophet aoe, scout has 2 + mine, choking haze(smoke bomb is a copypaste without dmg), tyrant stun, sentinel thrown bomb, uhh was that all?

As humans, there is no point being anywhere else than in the corners of the maps where you only have to look at one direction to spot incoming vampires.

That's not a very good perspective. Even in a corner of the map you're watching several directions. When you play with players more confident in their abilities, flanking becomes possible by keeping line of sight with them and looking behind buildings or alleys where vampires try to set up their assaults. This disrupts vampires pretty badly, as they can be wounded or killed before they ever get to initiate with their team ready.

RoflBalast
26th Oct 2014, 22:53

As humans, there is no point being anywhere else than in the corners of the maps where you only have to look at one direction to spot incoming vampires. That also counters your "4 deceivers".

Other skills deal no burst damage, but suppress area. And there is nothing wrong with that mechanic. Compare them to"fractal grenade" from tribes ascend.

Yeah, I forgot tyrant stun(A) and sent bomb(B), although it's harder to use those, compared to lightbomb and explosive shot :
A. 1) easy to disable tyrant 2) you will lose a lot of health.
B. 1)you will be "frozen" in the air 2) it's timed explosion.

Jajamensanfattasbara
26th Oct 2014, 23:30
1. Autoteam balance is a terrible idea, I don't want to change team in the middle of a fight. Only do this in a lobby.

2. I've never ever seen a team hiding from the other team to get an easy win. Even if they did, vampires can get punished easily (volley, grenades, draining curse etc.) Humans are just easy points if they're hiding inside a house.

3. This should remain the way it is, without it, the "Fleet footed" perk would be useless. Also, moving without this mechanism feels very slow.

4. It might seem like all you have to do is throw the AoE beneath you and spam your mouse button during a fight, but the higher level you get, you really need to focus a lot more on where to place the AoE, who to shoot and such.

5. Facing a human team of 4 Scouts is an easy win to me. Unless they're all very good scouts and your team is terrible, you'll win this easily. Just approach the team without getting seen, and then attack all together. As said above, deceivers counter scouts hard. I can't count the times I've made a human team fall apart because their strongest player (playing scout) always got targeted by me. Deceivers can get close to any human without getting seen (unless the Disguise bug is present.)

6. There are indeed a few spots in every map where humans tend to stand, but if the map design was bad, the vampires would never have a chance of winning. Staying at those specific spots is just thinking strategically. Why would you stand at a small spot with walls all around you for the vampires to massacre your team easily? (infect, jump, charge, choking haze, etc.)

7. Never had this happening, so can't really say anything about it.

8. Never had a problem with this one, and my audio settings are on default.

9. More gamemodes will be implented eventually, I really enjoy playing deathmatch though, all day long. Let the developers do the job with new gamemodes, seeing how they've made the game so far, the future looks amazing.

The game is currently unplayable for some people, not for all. The playerbase is quite big for a closed beta, and a lot of dedicated people are playing. Why shouldn't we be getting events because the game is in closed beta/the playerbase is "small"? When it comes to bugs and such, always remember that this is still in Beta. They will all be fixed, just give the development team their time to do it.

username001
27th Oct 2014, 01:21
5. Facing a human team of 4 Scouts is an easy win to me. Unless they're all very good scouts and your team is terrible, you'll win this easily. Just approach the team without getting seen, and then attack all together. As said above, deceivers counter scouts hard. I can't count the times I've made a human team fall apart because their strongest player (playing scout) always got targeted by me. Deceivers can get close to any human without getting seen (unless the Disguise bug is present.)

rofl a 5th player is easily spotted, shroud isn't invisible enough and 4 humans can easily cover a <180 degree line of sight. Spamming illusions is not an option since they die instantly to the aoe spam. I don't know whats the point of having 2 identical aoe skills on scout.

The animation canceling is exploiting, might as well remove normal movement then?

I think the servers run at equal to a 30tick source server or similar, warping and stuttering of the players is so bad, can easily be seen in vampire melee animations. I guess having melee without automatic forward leap would be too hard for the paying customers aka most people. For example in Savage free movement + melee worked fine. Consoleboys gonna console?

OK_Oktagon
27th Oct 2014, 07:55
There's a trick with deceiver that not everyone knows about. If you hold in RMB while using disguise, you'll get fully invisible for 5/6 seconds (don't remember which). It's quite easy to spot if you're experienced since you can hear sounds/see footsteps, but you still get close to everyone and can infect them before they hit you. You should never use disguise to approach a team since they'll immediately notice a 5th player indeed. It's very easy to see who's a good deceiver in a game and who's not.

Blastin_Foolz
27th Oct 2014, 08:15
It's very easy to see who's a good deceiver in a game and who's not.

Doesn't make them inherently bad, they're just learning Deceiver. I picked up Sentinel today and someone called me a, what was it? "Trashy ****" or something, can't really remember.

Everyone's gotta start somewhere.

Ghostflux
27th Oct 2014, 10:19
3. Vampires' attack->roll animation canceling makes you move alot faster than anyone else

Why is this even an issue? If anything it's a form of advanced movement that should be encouraged, not removed.

4. Most skills are some form of AoE damage skills that you only need to aim at the ground. Have the devs previously only made consolegames since the game is so dumbed down to noskill AoE/mouse1 spam?

That's something I wonder about all the time.

bohuss3
3rd Nov 2014, 12:05
ok we are all aware of stuff like that
1. most of your issues come from bad teamplay or your own bad play.

2. go play on laptop with dual gpu then complain about game issues

3. no skill, oh my hitting with a swinging bow on scout thru a small glimpse of head behind two buildings that soo does not need skill

4. map design I know that every spot can be tackled or defended depends just on team play

5. matchmaking ok that is kind off issue cause it still needs top be fixed to a certain level

6. lobbies should be listable with option for fast random join that would fix problem with leavers getting replaced, team rejoining, and all other issues that pop up when you actually try to play it with someone or against certain someone, not what you were complaining but i can cause of point 1.

7.more game modes did you actually play more then death match rookie quee?

8. more then salt the game needs performance fixes and security fixes cause you still see a lot of cheates with speedhacks, aimbots and all that ..... that is just too much anoying to even see.

TeeSin
3rd Nov 2014, 14:33
1. No autoteambalance
it have but not really work out well.

2. In TDM, if a team is leading by 5-10 kills they can just run away and wait for the timer since the remaining exp/gold you could get from combat is negligible
errh...gold from winning or losing are not much different .

without it , u cant catch a human prey . many said about it , but for me... if vampire dont do that , they wont have a chance fighting against well played human with amazing jukes and kiting skills .

6. Most maps have 1-2 corner spots where humans will always camp in non-objective gamemodes and just rotate between 2 healing stations after teamwiping vampires and then go back to the campspot. These campspots are always places on the edges of the map where there are invisible walls behind the humans so they cannot be attacked from behind. Fix is obvious, put proper walls on the edges of the maps so vampires can walk on them. Very bad map design.
Yeah , i agree . Some camping places that dont allow vampires to sneak in at all . Force the vampires to go all in front of thier faces , humans can just simply do ALOT of ammount of dmg before the vampires can get near them .

9. Lack of gamemodes where humans' job is something else than camping.
Currently the game is nearly unplayable, and you do events?
The game is in beta so theres not much players . Sometimes i have to wait 5-10mins for a TDM. You people once told that they need to focus in improving the gameplay , fixing bugs and now u want they to add new game modes ?

mauvo58
3rd Nov 2014, 14:41
Just on the attack-roll issue:

I'm happy to accept that maybe Vampires need to be quicker for balance reasons. I don't think this faster movement should necessarily require practice to get right, but whatever. My main objection is that this faster movement exists as a kind of undocumented bug exploit. It looks stupid in game and it's hard for new players to discover.