PDA

View Full Version : Will halloween event weapons come back in a year?

Necro71
26th Oct 2014, 12:11
Like in title, will they be back in a year or after this event we can forget about getting them ?

Pannendienst
27th Oct 2014, 07:54
Like in title, will they be back in a year or after this event we can forget about getting them ?

We can just hope.

Not like others who claim there would be something only once, then they bring it back with a special event.
Especially on things that you could buy with real money.

-Konf-
27th Oct 2014, 12:05
It's hard to speculate - but that's a great question to ask during the upcoming Developer Stream during the event. If I manage to be on-line and tune in at that time - I'll try to raise it.

That being said, I'd personally enjoy it more if they made a different reward next time around. That way there's more variety, and more exclusive collectables. Imagine them making a Blood visual FX for Vampires?

Blastin_Foolz
27th Oct 2014, 12:35
I most certainly hope not!

If they keep bringing stuff back, it won't make it exclusive therefore people won't work as hard to acquire them. Not only that, but with new and unique content every year ensures variety and sustainability for Nosgoth and its future.

Necro71
27th Oct 2014, 20:27
This is Closed Beta, items from this event would be too exclusive to be honest, not much people who play right now.

ThreeBeastSmile
27th Oct 2014, 20:42
This is Closed Beta, items from this event would be too exclusive to be honest, not much people who play right now.

I would tend to agree. The ooh shinies! effect was lost on me when I reminded myself that it was beta. These treats would be better reserved for the live game, or at least repeated onceover when the game is regarded as totally released. I won't feel right having them just now lol.

Blastin_Foolz
27th Oct 2014, 22:08
I would tend to agree. The ooh shinies! effect was lost on me when I reminded myself that it was beta. These treats would be better reserved for the live game, or at least repeated onceover when the game is regarded as totally released. I won't feel right having them just now lol.

Honestly it doesn't matter, people who join later will get a chance at next Halloween.

For THIS Halloween, the closed beta players get an opportunity to get some cool stuff and rightfully so, since we've been here play testing and reporting bugs we might as well treat ourselves to something exclusive. Why jeopardize the uniqueness, simply because its exclusive to people who supported the game early? It's illogical.

For people who miss out, there is always next year and the year after that.

Necro71
28th Oct 2014, 17:08
Honestly it doesn't matter, people who join later will get a chance at next Halloween.

For THIS Halloween, the closed beta players get an opportunity to get some cool stuff and rightfully so, since we've been here play testing and reporting bugs we might as well treat ourselves to something exclusive. Why jeopardize the uniqueness, simply because its exclusive to people who supported the game early? It's illogical.

For people who miss out, there is always next year and the year after that.

You are right only if same weapons will be available in a year. If im not mistaken Nosgoth will have item trade option in future, so those skins can became most rare things if they will be one in lifetime to purchase, becouse later their prices can be around hundreds of dollars/euro, so yeah i feel sceptical about this.

Vampmaster
28th Oct 2014, 17:10
Perhaps some skilled players with lots of gold could stock up on rare items for when gifting/trading becomes available.

--Ram--
29th Oct 2014, 11:03
Perhaps some skilled players with lots of gold could stock up on rare items for when gifting/trading becomes available.

For selling to OCD collectors for $

CS:GO knives 2.0

Vampmaster
29th Oct 2014, 11:18
For selling to OCD collectors for $

CS:GO knives 2.0

No, not for cash (which is as bad as those who charge for their beta keys), just in-game gold/items. I guess there's nothing to stop people from paying if they really have money to burn, but it's not something I'd do and I'm certain there won't be any real life cash trade system being built into the game.

Necro71
31st Oct 2014, 18:21
No, not for cash (which is as bad as those who charge for their beta keys), just in-game gold/items. I guess there's nothing to stop people from paying if they really have money to burn, but it's not something I'd do and I'm certain there won't be any real life cash trade system being built into the game.

If there will be trade system, gold will be pretty much worthless in it. Only option would be to make some gold utilization upgrade system or something.

Blastin_Foolz
31st Oct 2014, 19:03

That's what I'm doing already.

If there will be trade system, gold will be pretty much worthless in it. Only option would be to make some gold utilization upgrade system or something.

When more items make their way into Nosgoth, I'm sure gold will be used constantly. You have to remember too, that we're playing in the beta, so we have lots of gold laying around, well, I do anyway.

For example, in League of Legends I have over 50k Influence Points with nothing to buy, some guys have upwards of 150k.

Psyonix_Eric
1st Nov 2014, 00:14
To my knowledge we would like to continue doing events like this, so I would assume that more of them will happen and that events like this one that are themed around annual events will happen again as well. We might make new stuff so that certain things are new - say for instance, maybe new banners for next year.