PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS FX request for Mysterious Item Scout bows

TheDreamcrusher
25th Oct 2014, 21:37
So I was fortunate enough to find a mysterious item for scout and I spent time unlocking the elemental fx. The first thing I tried was a full charge shot and was slightly disappointed that the visual was the same, the yellow streak and no impact on the vampire I hit with elemental effect. My request, if it's not too much of a drain on resources, could the bows for scout have unique visuals for their secondary ability on bows, the charged shot? I think they're the only class that has a weapon with a secondary fire.

For instance, I kinda thought since my war bow had ice elemental the streak would be blue and there might be falling snowflakes from the streak, or that a halo of blue or something would erupt around the struck vampire. Would you guys think about adding this in, pretty please? :)

Also, here's my pics and video demo for ice war bow:
http://i.imgur.com/cm2drmdl.png
http://i.imgur.com/rng6bUfl.png

http://youtu.be/SZroUm1DBYU

Sorry, couldn't figure out how to imbed the video in the post.

RoflBalast
25th Oct 2014, 22:45
Flame fx doesn't work properly I think, sometimes my weapon is burning, but sometimes don't. Still testing, going to post vids later :D

--Ram--
26th Oct 2014, 07:02
I have a flame repeater and it works properly i.e. burning effect and sound as I shoot. no issues

-Konf-
27th Oct 2014, 05:25
Yeah it makes sense for the charged shots to have the visual effect while being drawn. A couple of issues come to mind though:
1. How will it work with [Camouflage]?
2. Will it be annoying to aim with?
3. And my biggest question - it gives Vampires a quick indication if there is a charged shot ready to be fired since it's more visible (yeah I know, you can still spot Scouts easily enough from a safe spot, but just thought there might be instances where the extra visual effect might actually be detrimental).

Also, Ram, wanted to ask your opinion on your flame Repeater. Last time when I was in a game with you I felt like the sound it makes was a little too loud. What's your opinion on that from an owner perspective?

Blastin_Foolz
27th Oct 2014, 07:53
Change the on impact visual, but leave the yellow tracer.

TheDreamcrusher
27th Oct 2014, 22:05
Yeah it makes sense for the charged shots to have the visual effect while being drawn. A couple of issues come to mind though:
1. How will it work with [Camouflage]?
2. Will it be annoying to aim with?
3. And my biggest question - it gives Vampires a quick indication if there is a charged shot ready to be fired since it's more visible (yeah I know, you can still spot Scouts easily enough from a safe spot, but just thought there might be instances where the extra visual effect might actually be detrimental).

Also, Ram, wanted to ask your opinion on your flame Repeater. Last time when I was in a game with you I felt like the sound it makes was a little too loud. What's your opinion on that from an owner perspective?

1. The fx for these weapons don't appear until the weapon is fired. However, you did remind me that fully charged shots being held have a flame at the arrow tip, even under Camouflage. That could be changed as well to reflect the element of the bow; bits of falling frost, lightning emanation, etc.
2 & 3. Like I said, the fx doesn't appear until the weapon is fired.

-Konf-
28th Oct 2014, 05:24
Oh, my bad, misunderstood what you were asking for. I thought in addition to what you mentioned you also wanted the charged bow to glow with special FX while drawn and that's the bit I was debating on.

Totally agree with proposed changes, makes perfect sense. Would be sweet to see the charged shot projectile to be influenced by the elements (and arrow tips when draw, as you brought up in the last post).

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 05:34

The sound is a lot louder than the regular repeater for sure and could maybe do with some toning down. The loudness does add to the roasty toasty fun though so I don't know :). It is probably not so loud that I wouldn't notice the major audio cues for vamp abilities but I could definitely see it masking footstep noises and more subtle sound as well as being a general distraction.

I think if I were to play in a vaguely serious competitive game I would not want any kind of FX weapon or ability equipped, both because it could enable easier visual identification and target calling by the opposing team, and it is probably too distracting and noisy.

That said I find the flame repeater fine for pub games, don't think it really affects my performance at that level in any significant way, other than perhaps making me more likely to be targeted as I imagine I stand out like a lighthouse beacon

Flame Repeater pics here if people are interested

http://imgur.com/a/Sbtte#kJpbhDE

Vampmaster
28th Oct 2014, 09:12
When it comes to the explosive arrows for the scout and the explosive from the various hand cannons, the explosion effects should be replaced with ones that match the element of the weapon. Also, there's a few vampire effects like the tyrant jump and sentinel air strike that could use an indication of their radius. Nothing too obstructive to the view, just a ring or radial lines a few inches above the ground that would give you something to picture in your head when trying to memorize how far to dodge. Those should have the elemental effects too.

TheDreamcrusher
29th Oct 2014, 00:09
When it comes to the explosive arrows for the scout and the explosive from the various hand cannons, the explosion effects should be replaced with ones that match the element of the weapon. Also, there's a few vampire effects like the tyrant jump and sentinel air strike that could use an indication of their radius. Nothing too obstructive to the view, just a ring or radial lines a few inches above the ground that would give you something to picture in your head when trying to memorize how far to dodge. Those should have the elemental effects too.

I like this as well. A wispy blast wave for Tyrant [Jump] and Sentinel [Air Strike] would be a nice indicator. Actually, elemental effects for both would be welcome! :D