PDA

View Full Version : League Points idea

DotAntipro
6th Oct 2015, 12:07
Hello, as everyone can see we got a lot of threads about "not fair rankings", "afk players ruining us", "no points loss" and etc.
So I used to have free time and some ideas how to estimate points and to make it fair depends on match and if a guy played really awesome or awful, ofc i just wanna say how it looks in my eyes, so i've created an "Excel" file with Descriptions where you can check points gained with your score and with win/lose/draw, "my system" requires bad players to spend for bad players to reach good rank but thats fair thing, if they are not good enough they should do more work for high rank, like 2-3 games for bad player = 1 game for really good guy and etc. Still you can get +points for lose but only if you really done well.. anyway.. just wanna TRY to improve system and maybe developers gonna use some parts of my ideas.
I'm attaching two files, but 1st one "opened" for everyone with descriptions so you can see how it works (please change only your game results & stats) & 2nd - everything hidden & locked so you can do changes only for your game stats and check how many points you can get/lose.
1st: https://www.sendspace.com/file/9wbalx
2nd: https://www.sendspace.com/file/f7znu7

I can be wrong and maybe my idea is terrible, but.. still wanna know if somebody likes it :naughty:
Thank you.

// 7.10 - 1st (main) file changed - I've added "x6" (enemy team total league points/your team total league points) to make awards for wins against teams with "high" ranks if you're "low" and to make "high" ranks getting(losing) less(more) points from wins(loses) against "low" enemies

akr0nym
6th Oct 2015, 14:39
Hey DotAntipro,

somehow funny. Yesterday I decided to join the forum also :D
Checked the xls sheet and gotta say: Good work :) (Couldn't check every detail tho)
I like the idea to reward good players more... dmg dealt, healing, kills.

But in the end you can't make it completely fair:

(Not the best) Example: Deceiver uses Dominate mind which leads to a direct kill (senti pick up, tyrant raged charge sth like that) then it's 3vs4 for a short range of time and your team gets a 4:0 maybe.
So the deceiver didn't do much of the dmg and maybe even got 0 kills, but made the whole thing possible.

In my opinion the following bugs me the most at the moment (Tbh, i don't know if leagues use MMR as in TDM but I assume so).

With the current system a new player (without any or just some stats [low mmr] ) plays against other potato players, or newbies. So the new player is better than the other potatoes and able to carry the rest of his potato team a bit. This leads to loads of wins. Good job, Mr. Potato killer.

In the end this player is placed higher in the league ranking system with less effort than an experienced good player that has to play with/or mostly against esl players nearly every match because mmr has a too low cap.

I think I'd even go further and improve the matchmaking system for leagues.

So sth. just like this:

1. You get placed in a league after 5 games with normal MM, lets say: you're in bronze coz you got wrecked or you suck :D. (I am even cool with making these matches depending on your MMR)
2. After that you play against players within this league (bronze only). (matchmaking works independent of MMR and it only includes players from other leagues if the game cannot find some in your league after x seconds).

Further Improvements (leagues only):

Remove lobby system for leagues, game just starts. (This help with two issues: No more leaveing because players are scared to play with or against esl pros and lose the game, "omg you can lose:eek::cool:") and also the trolls that leave the game in the last second to create a 3vs4 on purpose)
Higher temporal penalty for leaving a game or being afk (kicked due to that)
better detection if crash or actual leave and better possiblites to rejoin
If there is a leaver the remaining players can vote to end the game. if the vote was not successful one players of the 4th has to sit (get puts on bench, it picks a random player and rotates if a team member dies) (or sth. like that)

Sorry for the long post... I've just realized that I've wandered from one topic to another... :D

Cheers^^

Akronym

DotAntipro
6th Oct 2015, 15:59
There are exactly 0 passive deceivers with Dominate Mind skill, if they are passive and waiting all fight long for cooldown to use DM once more - they are bad, also main thing are takedowns & deaths makes sense too, you won't lose much if you're doing low dmg, but you can get boost for really high dmg and few bonus points for kills ;) So good players will get their advantage from work in every match depends to bad players who cant get so many points and should do more practice to reach high ranks

AntiqueGod
6th Oct 2015, 17:13
Good idea my comrade

DotAntipro
7th Oct 2015, 06:19
Good idea my comrade
Thank you! I'll be happy if you'll share thread link with your friends, wanna get more attention for my idea or at least to get more opinions from active players

akr0nym
7th Oct 2015, 07:16
There are exactly 0 passive deceivers with Dominate Mind skill, if they are passive and waiting all fight long for cooldown to use DM once more - they are bad, also main thing are takedowns & deaths makes sense too, you won't lose much if you're doing low dmg, but you can get boost for really high dmg and few bonus points for kills ;) So good players will get their advantage from work in every match depends to bad players who cant get so many points and should do more practice to reach high ranks

If the deceiver attacks at first and also picks a scout that'd normally encounter senti with a full charged shot you kinda save your mates from that hit and that doesnt get into account at all..
but for leagues with guys camping on roofs waiting CD to be over or the rest of the team simply didnt get it when you DM someone, yeah.. ... you're probably right.

AdmiralPPR
7th Oct 2015, 07:41
I really like discussing rating systems and people who feel the same - but after putting a lot of thought into several rating scenarios (be it Mario Kart or team table soccer) I found the more simple approach to be the best most of the time.
There are a lot of things that lead to a team winning the match - it may even be the totally unskilled guy, that cannot hit a single shot, but has a strategic mind and uses the voice com to position the team well.

In the end only the win counts - no matter what led to it.

The main faults within the current system that prevent a correct rating:
- Matching people with too much MMR difference
- Not being able to loose points

If they just fix this, the current system would probably work quite well.

Good work on that math stuff though ^^

Da_Wolv
7th Oct 2015, 08:21
Eventhough I don't understand jack, anything is better than the current system :P

DotAntipro
7th Oct 2015, 08:47
In the end only the win counts - no matter what led to it.
Good work on that math stuff though ^^
Thats why none likes current system - cuz to get higher you have to play more matches, even if you will be worst one in team everymatch you can be in top of eternal, just check current top, such players as GNN and few more in top5 just with full bag of matches, they are not really so good, cant say that they are bad, but.. not even for top100, they are just waiting for really good mates who can lead them to a win + they are playing all time long as league goes, and there are a lot of players as those 2 in eternal and blood.
I cant name current league system as SOLO league just cause of such problems with ranking.