PDA

View Full Version : VAMPIRES Alternate Evolved Skin Suggestions

GenFeelGood
23rd Oct 2014, 05:31
I am not sure if this thread already exists; but I figured, with there being a lot of requests for alternate evolved skins, that it might be good to have thread where ideas and suggestions can be submitted for consideration. I'll start us off.

Razielim: I like the current look, looks like a biker to me and I'd want that to continue. I would prefer a different helmet, maybe with a bundle of hair coming out the back like Malek's helmet from Blood Omen. I think it would look great with it flowing in the wind as you fly along.

Deceiver: We don't have that yet so, for the one coming soon, I'll just say what I am hoping for. Black leather pants, I'm cool with the rest of it as long as I get my black leather pants.

Tyrant: A heavy armor edition, not all that picky about chainmail or plate mail.

Reaver: Would enjoy some patched, battle scarred armor with a tattered hood pulled over his head.

Obisher
23rd Oct 2014, 09:53
I would love more evolved skins! Someone mentioned in some other thread that they would like more devolved skins, so the vampires look more like those from Soul Reaver. I'm kinda against that. As far as I understand the lore, when the vampires started devolving, they started to lose their sanity as well, eventually becoming savage beasts and losing most of their abilities. I think that can be a nice explanation why we don't see Dumahim using pounce and shadowstep, or Turelim using charge and jump in SR. So I think the vamp skins shouldn't (d)evolve more.

OK, now that I've taken that off my chest, there's few ideas I have.

Exiled Dumahim - skin with a dark hooded cape. The armor may be the same like on evolved Dumahim skin or different. Basically, I got the idea for this since the Dumahim are proud warriors, quite similar to samurai, I was thinking what if some of them lost their honor because of something (example: refusing to participate in extermination of the Razielim) and ended up exiled by Dumah. When the war against humans began, they were asked to join the war in order to restore their honor.

Generals, commanders, etc. - this is for all evolved skins. So it has been confirmed by some that there were indeed ranks inside the clans. So some of them could have golden parts of armor, similar to founder's Reaver skin or some other decorations, maybe even the shoulder cape thing like the ones lieutenants were wearing.

TerTig
23rd Oct 2014, 09:59
The thing is, this game is FTP, and there must be a way for them to earn money. Skins for sale are good items to sell, cause they dont ruin the balance.

Vampmaster
23rd Oct 2014, 10:47
I'd like to see something that matches the SR1 colour schemes. I mean the developers are limited to the existing skin shapes, but just the clothing won't effect the animation rig.

Blue/Green/Grey with large boots and gauntlets for the Dumahim. The bluish colour of the face might be paint, since we know the fledglings wear it:
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120825181735/legacyofkain/images/9/9a/SR1-Enemies-Dumahim-Adult.jpg
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-uNyI-ypGJD8/UtbGsC2tooI/AAAAAAAAE1c/wja--1A3pc8/s447/Dumahim-adult.PNG
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-_7ogvwrn4aw/UubJgyZUeMI/AAAAAAAAE5g/3pGj1GXPKSc/s399/Dumahim-sm.PNG

Copper/Stone coloured skin with Red pants and collar for the Turelim:
http://static2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826114634/legacyofkain/images/b/bb/SR1-Enemies-Turelim-Adult.jpg
Maybe a blue version:
http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120826114613/legacyofkain/images/4/4c/SR1-Enemies-Turelim-Fledgling.jpg

The Razielim should have ivory or copper coloured wings like Raziel himself did. The concept art and action figure was the former and the cutscene was the latter, so I'd like to see both.
http://www.thelostworlds.net/LoKSeries/Images/SR2B-Raziel-raziel_18.JPG
http://www.thelostworlds.net/Library/Images/Action_Figures-Prototype-Figure-Lt_Raziel-Proto-03.JPG
http://www.nosgoth.net/Soul_Reaver/motion/Intro4_2.jpg

Agreed about the leather pants for the Zephonim, since that is what they wore in SR1. In addition, it goes back to the Lieutenants who also wore that sort of thing.

I'd love to see evolved skins wearing uniforms like the Lieutenants did. That's how everyone draws regular clan members on deviantart and other places. I always considered it to be the official clan uniform, even if others thing they'd be angry at being ripped off. I don't see it that way and I think they'd even make it mandatory for their legions to represent them in that way. The existing Reaver armor is already an example of "emulating the big dog" as Daniel put it.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, but if people are against that, tweaks such as having the lower ranks swap the cape for a sash could also work.

Hyperspeed1000
23rd Oct 2014, 13:19
I really would like to see more evolved skins since we have 2 different loadout slots it would be nice to have a different eveolved skin for each of those. Also some pll like me just cant get enough of skins...lol

MasterZtark
23rd Oct 2014, 13:42
I would love different Evolved Skins (ones you would have to pay for), although I think at the moment there are still plenty of more important things for the artists to be working on like maps, classes, etc. However, if any of them find time to make new skins for Reaver/Tyrant/Sentinel I really hope it's an Evolved Skin and not another Fledgling Skin.

Vampmaster
23rd Oct 2014, 14:06
I would love different Evolved Skins (ones you would have to pay for), although I think at the moment there are still plenty of more important things for the artists to be working on like maps, classes, etc. However, if any of them find time to make new skins for Reaver/Tyrant/Sentinel I really hope it's an Evolved Skin and not another Fledgling Skin.

I don't mind when they come out as long as they do eventually. There's plenty for us players to do in the mean time and it's best to get all the classes done before any major additions to the existing ones.

Sanguise23
23rd Oct 2014, 16:07
i thought it was stated there will NOT be variants on the evolved skins. Which makes me sad

Vampmaster
23rd Oct 2014, 16:11
i thought it was stated there will NOT be variants on the evolved skins. Which makes me sad

It was. Petition for post beta/release?

PencileyePirate
23rd Oct 2014, 16:26
Variations would be nice & all, but I'm more concerned about whether Humans/Deceiver will get lvl. 25 skins.

Sanguise23
23rd Oct 2014, 17:25
they implied the deceiver would have an evolved skin but nothing in stone

PencileyePirate
23rd Oct 2014, 19:48

That's what I'm worried about. :(

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Oct 2014, 20:43
It was always in stone, just unsure of the timeline. He definitely has one on the way.

Sanguise23
23rd Oct 2014, 21:10
Oh good thats what i was hoping, is that gunna be before open beta?

Psyonix_Eric
23rd Oct 2014, 21:53
Oh good thats what i was hoping, is that gunna be before open beta?
That depends on two things I don't have answers to, unfortunately:

- When will the model be done and in game?
- When does Square want to release it?

As soon as either get locked down then we'll definitely post on the blog/forums.

GenFeelGood
24th Oct 2014, 05:05
Exiled Dumahim - skin with a dark hooded cape. The armor may be the same like on evolved Dumahim skin or different. Basically, I got the idea for this since the Dumahim are proud warriors, quite similar to samurai, I was thinking what if some of them lost their honor because of something (example: refusing to participate in extermination of the Razielim) and ended up exiled by Dumah. When the war against humans began, they were asked to join the war in order to restore their honor.

This is along the lines of what I am looking for in an evolved reaver skin as well, with damaged armor that has been slightly patched and would otherwise be melted down if it wasn't the only protection offered until that Dumahim has restored it's honor in the eyes of the clan.

Obisher
24th Oct 2014, 08:17
This is along the lines of what I am looking for in an evolved reaver skin as well, with damaged armor that has been slightly patched and would otherwise be melted down if it wasn't the only protection offered until that Dumahim has restored it's honor in the eyes of the clan.

Sounds great!

Vampmaster
24th Oct 2014, 11:08

The exiled seems a little bit out of nowhere. I guess it could work if it's from the era after Dumah was slain and they're wandering around in shame after failing their master. They would be even further (d)evolved then, so it's a bit more work than changing their clothing. Are samurai famous for wearing hoods? I've never heard that one. It could be interesting to have evolved skins names after the original SR1 code names. Morlock (from HG Wells' The Time Machine, but could easily be a term Kain's empire made up for chronoplast guardians), Ronin (samurai without a master), Aluka (leech) Crawler and Skinner.

CountEyokir
24th Oct 2014, 11:10
Having as variants for the evolved skins would be a good idea I think. But the question would be how you unlock them. Perhaps you could have a system in place so once you hit level 25 with your vamp, you unlock the 'basic' evolved skin and can then progress to other skins based on your preference? Perhaps a skill tree system to determine which one to get (with the alternative that you can just buy them right off)

Vampmaster
24th Oct 2014, 11:29
Having as variants for the evolved skins would be a good idea I think. But the question would be how you unlock them. Perhaps you could have a system in place so once you hit level 25 with your vamp, you unlock the 'basic' evolved skin and can then progress to other skins based on your preference? Perhaps a skill tree system to determine which one to get (with the alternative that you can just buy them right off)

You can currently buy the evolved skins if you don't want to wait until level 25. I suppose use tokens similar to unlocking the classes. You pay if you want the token early and then pick a skin to use it on or otherwise you get a free token for reaching a high level.

RizeMythos
24th Oct 2014, 11:49
Variations would be nice & all, but I'm more concerned about whether Humans/Deceiver will get lvl. 25 skins.

AFAIK, humans are getting weapon variants

Sanguise23
24th Oct 2014, 12:49
That depends on two things I don't have answers to, unfortunately:

- When will the model be done and in game?
- When does Square want to release it?

As soon as either get locked down then we'll definitely post on the blog/forums.

OK figured as much, thanks for a reply longer than: soon (™).

Obisher
24th Oct 2014, 17:42
The exiled seems a little bit out of nowhere. I guess it could work if it's from the era after Dumah was slain and they're wandering around in shame after failing their master. They would be even further (d)evolved then, so it's a bit more work than changing their clothing. Are samurai famous for wearing hoods? I've never heard that one. It could be interesting to have evolved skins names after the original SR1 code names. Morlock (from HG Wells' The Time Machine, but could easily be a term Kain's empire made up for chronoplast guardians), Ronin (samurai without a master), Aluka (leech) Crawler and Skinner.

I didn't say samurai are famous for wearing hoods. I meant Dumahim were similar to samurai because they are proud warriors and honor is very important to them. Regarding the hooded cape or cloak, don't know the correct name, I'm not an expert on that kind of clothing but I think it was mostly used by travelers and/or by people who wanted to conceal their identity for some reason. So they wear the cloak because they are wandering the land of Nosgoth, ashamed because they lost their honor.

I don't actually know why the exiled seems a bit out of nowhere to you. I took extermination of the Razielim as an example. Maybe some of them thought that was wrong, they told Dumah they refuse to participate so he exiled them. Since their codename was Ronin, that leads me to believe they were heavily inspired by samurai and bushido. I guess it was worse for them to live with shame than to commit ritual suicide and restore their honor. Second version can be that they ran away because they didn't want to participate in extermination of the Razielim, so they were being hunted by other Dumahim. And when the war against humans began they were given the chance to fight in the war and restore their honor.

Anyway, I just wanted to give some background story for that type of skin. I was thinking about fall of Dumah as well, but as you said, the vampires would be more (d)evolved by then so I had to think of something else.

GenFeelGood
24th Oct 2014, 21:00

I would like it if you achieved skins based on how you fight. Example: You successfully savage pounced x number of times so you have unlocked the nightstalker's mail skin or the raiders hauberk for doing x amount of successful leap attacks.

Vampmaster
24th Oct 2014, 21:47
Would they really want to make all the evolved skins free though? I wouldn't complain, but I expect that would limit the number that get made.

CountEyokir
25th Oct 2014, 07:57
Well you can have the skill tree for those who want to get all immersed in their gameplay but then have an 'evolved skin' separate page on the market for it all for those who just want certain skins right away