PDA

View Full Version : Improve Vision please.

noodleeater
22nd Oct 2014, 21:52
i found nosgoth through searching for skill based games like league of legends.
nosgoth is that... and has some nice skill based combat, however it does not confront the tactical side of combat enough, it is largely based on reaction time and and "player spotting".

My proposal, is to improve the players view of what is going on (many mobas do this by using a top down view, and a fully viewable minimap), thus increasing the potential for good teamwork, and scope for decisions rather than instantaneous twitch speed reactions.

A skill based game based entirely on reaction time and the FPS style of "tactics" is no fun for those with bad pings and lagging computers.

The last point for improvement on the "Help me understand what's going on" side of things, is a better faster way to communicate important messages than through the chat box (which everyone ignores). Dota and lol do this with "smart pings" such as "assist me" and "danger" "players missing".....

RainaAudron
22nd Oct 2014, 23:45
Nosgoth is not trying to be a MOBA type of game - if anything, it is much closer to Unreal Tournament/Quake Live than LoL or DOTA. I don´t think we need another LoL clone and it´s great that Nosgoth is different.

A skill based game based entirely on reaction time and the FPS style of "tactics" is no fun for those with bad pings and lagging computers.
Good servers and decent pc, problem solved. Additional servers based in other countries will be added in the future.

An addition of a command wheel was already suggested and might be implemented later on.

PencileyePirate
23rd Oct 2014, 01:11
The only visibility improvement I'd like to see is a reduction on the size of smoke clouds created by all variations of the alchemist cannon. It seriously hurts team line-of-sight, and is a major (unintended?) drawback of alchemist.

RoflBalast
23rd Oct 2014, 10:37
i found nosgoth through searching for skill based games like league of legends.
nosgoth is that... and has some nice skill based combat, however it does not confront the tactical side of combat enough, it is largely based on reaction time and and "player spotting".

My proposal, is to improve the players view of what is going on (many mobas do this by using a top down view, and a fully viewable minimap), thus increasing the potential for good teamwork, and scope for decisions rather than instantaneous twitch speed reactions.

The last point for improvement on the "Help me understand what's going on" side of things, is a better faster way to communicate important messages than through the chat box (which everyone ignores). Dota and lol do this with "smart pings" such as "assist me" and "danger" "players missing".....
I am playing it because it's close to fps and not to dota/lol. Had enough wc3 back in the day.

Multicannon is a true smoke machine, worse than shadow bomb sometimes.

noodleeater
23rd Oct 2014, 19:16
I dont want it like lol or a top down view, i just think more tactical gameplay will make the game more fun in a more competitive way, all my favourite games are the most competitive ones that hold esports events and competitions.

MY MAIN POINT IS: If ingame teamwork and tactical collaboration between players can be improved further than the chat box, then it would be a hell of a lot more competitive and fun.

Im not saying i know how you would do this, i was just giving examples earlier.