PDA

View Full Version : WEAPONS Devil's Night Mysterious Items - Fix Droprate First?

PencileyePirate
22nd Oct 2014, 17:06
Regarding the halloween event (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/devil-s-night-is-coming) mysterious items ... I'm not too excited about the event, since I doubt I'll get a drop anyhow. I've already put in 20+ hours of gameplay since the mysterious items patch and all that's dropped has been several 24-hour perks.

Will there be any fixes to drop-rate before the event?

Psyonix_Corey
22nd Oct 2014, 17:10
The ghostly effect is available on Exotics in the store for gold or runes, so if you really want the FX it isn't purely droprate dependent.

Basically, during the event window:
- Exotics: New item quality for events that have FX but no random stats and don't require recharging. For sale in store for gold or runes.
- Mysterious: Same drop mechanics as currently, but all mysterious drops during the event will have the ghostly FX.

I'll discuss the droprate with Square tomorrow.

PencileyePirate
22nd Oct 2014, 17:29
The ghostly effect is available on Exotics in the store for gold or runes, so if you really want the FX it isn't purely droprate dependent.

- Exotics: New item quality for events that have FX but no random stats and don't require recharging. For sale in store for gold or runes.
- Mysterious: Same drop mechanics as currently, but all mysterious drops during the event will have the ghostly FX.

Thanks for taking your time to respond, and for the clarification. I was under the impression I'd first need to have a mysterious item drop in order to obtain the exotic FX. Having something new to spend gold on is certainly a good thing, and it's great to hear droprate changes are being considered.

Nuttydread
22nd Oct 2014, 17:52
It's good to know that the items drop will be addressed for the event but what about the insane server ping? I want to play but it's almos impossible I have just come out of a game where three players out of 8 had less the 90. I try just playing on the US East but even that is not safe. Any chance that this will be stabilised before we have to slog it?

--Ram--
22nd Oct 2014, 18:13

Don't suppose you could tell us how much gold these exotic items will cost?

Psyonix_Eric
22nd Oct 2014, 19:04
It's good to know that the items drop will be addressed for the event but what about the insane server ping? I want to play but it's almos impossible I have just come out of a game where three players out of 8 had less the 90. I try just playing on the US East but even that is not safe. Any chance that this will be stabilised before we have to slog it?
This is a thread about the Devil's Night mysterious items, not server ping times. I'd recommend either making a new thread about it or adding to an existing thread if one exists so that we can properly track it.

Cristari
22nd Oct 2014, 19:48
Regarding the halloween event (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/devil-s-night-is-coming) mysterious items ... I'm not too excited about the event, since I doubt I'll get a drop anyhow. I've already put in 20+ hours of gameplay since the mysterious items patch and all that's dropped has been several 24-hour perks.

Will there be any fixes to drop-rate before the event?

You lucky sod!

I've done the same as you and got 1x 24hr perk and one I'm not fond of.

--Ram--
23rd Oct 2014, 02:22
These days perks seem to cause nothing but disappointment. I think if drops are going to be rare they should consist of something people can be excied by.

With weekly perk purchases being so cheap (about one games worth of gold) I don't see why a rare drop people have to play 10s to 100s of games to see should be something of less value than can be reliably earned in every single game (or maybe 2 if you don't win). Makes no sense at all.

KaininitePriestess
23rd Oct 2014, 07:05
I personally am excited for the event. You guys have to keep in mind - a lot of games don't have special things for the holidays like this, especially not while they're still in Beta! The Devs have worked hard to give us a fun little treat and I'm super happy about it!

Now I'll just have to spend 100hrs in the game to try and collect ALL OF THEM. QuQ

TerTig
23rd Oct 2014, 09:48
I personally am excited for the event. You guys have to keep in mind - a lot of games don't have special things for the holidays like this, especially not while they're still in Beta! The Devs have worked hard to give us a fun little treat and I'm super happy about it!

Now I'll just have to spend 100hrs in the game to try and collect ALL OF THEM. QuQ

The thing is they are super rare. There should be a limit of played games after which you get at least one reward.

-Konf-
23rd Oct 2014, 13:18
Really excited about the event! It's totally something unexpected, especially during closed beta (guilty as charged, I love collecting stuff). I never saw Nosgoth as one of the games that you would expect having those in-game holiday events, but looks like I was short on imagination! In addition, it shows how there will be occasional "gold sinks" for players who have accumulated quite a lot of it.

Looking forward to getting some of the Exotics, however got a question for you Corey about your philosophy on Mysteries:

I really admire the effect and will certainly purchase a bunch of Exotics, but my question is: don't you think having mandatory ghostly FX on Mysteries will make them less "stand-out" since we have an option of purchasing the items with the same FX in the store?

Don't you think that maybe adding ghostly effect to the pool of randomly applied FX (for a limited amount of time of course) can work out better since it allows both:
(a) collectable Mystery Items with a new seasonal effect, and;
(b) allows players to enjoy Mystery Items in a larger variety?

I say that because I personally haven't looted a single Mystery yet, but in my mind what makes them unique is the FX (on top of attributes of course, but let's face it, we want them because they're shiny). Now, however, if I end up looting one it will feel to me like it's less unique because its FX can be obtained somewhat easily. Additionally, it feels like it takes away the "mystery" out of a Mystery Item since I will now know exactly what effect it will have upon reaching max level.

Please don't take it as me complaining, I'll be happy with any FX on a Mystery if I ever get one, but was just curious about the thought process behind the decision of applying just one FX for a time.

Pyrodante
23rd Oct 2014, 16:10

Is there going to be a difference in cost between normal and Exotics?

TheDreamcrusher
23rd Oct 2014, 16:23
As low as the droprates are, I'd prefer all the drops for one week to have the ghostly effect. The event will likely return on recurring holidays.

PencileyePirate
23rd Oct 2014, 16:30
As low as the droprates are, I'd prefer all the drops for one week to have the ghostly effect. The event will likely return on recurring holidays.

Uh ... did you read the blog/thread? The FX is not going to return again, but you will be able to buy ghosted weapons & skills during the event (no need for all drops to have it.) Even if the event is annual I'd expect the reward to vary.

TerTig
23rd Oct 2014, 18:56
Uh ... did you read the blog/thread? The FX is not going to return again, but you will be able to buy ghosted weapons & skills during the event (no need for all drops to have it.) Even if the event is annual I'd expect the reward to vary.
You will only be able to buy normal ones, not mysterious.

PencileyePirate
23rd Oct 2014, 19:47
You will only be able to buy normal ones, not mysterious.

They've said all the mysterious drops during the event will have ghostly FX, so I don't understand the problem. Is it the lack of FX for uncommons/rares? It's not as if they drop much more often than mysterious items ...

Cristari
25th Oct 2014, 19:59
I''d like to pose that the MI drop rate and/or drop rates in total are broken or unbalanced.

As far as I understand it the drop rate of MI's are supposed to be random and rare and other items are supposed to be random however I just played a game with someone named RoflBalast (think I have seen his name on these forums) who admitted in chat that he got 3 in 20hrs playing in a party all the time. I hope he sees this and confirms what he told me in chat. If this is the case then there is no way that MI's are Random or Rare.

I have played 20hrs plus solo and have only seen 1 stinking 24hr perk. As you can understand this made me exceedingly jealous at first but now it's just plain anger.

If this is the case where someone can get 3 MI drops in 20hrs play time partied while someone else can play more than that solo and not get anything nearly as good there has got to be something wrong with drop rates. The system is flawed possibly favouring those in pre-made groups or joining on friends.

If RoflBalast does turn up please note my profanity in match was not intentionally directed at you but at the nature of this broken system in place.

RoflBalast
25th Oct 2014, 20:23
http://puu.sh/cqlJC/74ab1407fb.jpg
Yup. But my friend, who's party leader received 0 MI's. Idk

Cristari
25th Oct 2014, 20:41
Thanks for supporting RoflBalast.

EDIT Sorry got your name wrong :D

RoflBalast
25th Oct 2014, 20:59
Someone ninjad my "RoflBlast" nickname on forums :'( so had to add "a" to it.

TheDreamcrusher
25th Oct 2014, 21:47
I've seen probably 10 or so MI's drop. I've gotten 2 myself but I've put in a lot of hours recently. It stings now to see uncommon and rare items drop and I feel bad for people when they get excited and it first shows up. I have never had an uncommon or rare item drop for me since I began playing in August.

Cristari
27th Oct 2014, 11:59
I've seen probably 10 or so MI's drop. I've gotten 2 myself but I've put in a lot of hours recently. It stings now to see uncommon and rare items drop and I feel bad for people when they get excited and it first shows up. I have never had an uncommon or rare item drop for me since I began playing in August.

SO MI's are not rare then. There must be a formula to it and it's obviously broken.

Zyrael
28th Oct 2014, 08:56
So the chance of an item dropping per match was at HIGHEST about 1 in 50 games. Now it seems to have slipped to the 1 per low trillions. No one I've talked to in the last 48 hrs has seen an item drop except for me. And I've seen one within the last 30 games... and it was a ****.

Is this a scheme to sell more in the store? Because I have 10s of thousands of gold, I can't spend this crap fast enough. And I have tons of magic and rare items with awful stats I'd love to recycle into something more useful... like an ostomy bag (at least it's supposed to be ****.)

But if the point is to make sure no one gets anything, let us know so we can go play Smite if we want fun non FPS online multiplayer, or Defiance if we want a good LoK game.

Cristari
28th Oct 2014, 12:29
Is anyone looking into this?

With Devils Night running and this in the background there is little or no chance of me getting any weapon drops at all if this pans out to be true.

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 12:39
So what is the bug then? Some people have been luckier than others?

Someone getting a drop while partied doesn't mean that the party system affects the drop chance. Sorry but that is like saying someone won a lottery while doing a handstand therefore handstands increase chance of winning lotteries... No the dude was just really lucky.

Cristari
28th Oct 2014, 12:46
So what is the bug then? Some people have been luckier than others?

Someone getting a drop while partied doesn't mean that the party system affects the drop chance. Sorry but that is like saying someone won a lottery while doing a handstand therefore handstands increase chance of winning lotteries... No the dude was just really lucky.

I have thought about that myself and let it lie for a long time. I can only base this on personal perception but when people I play against tell me they get 3 MI drops in the space of 20hrs game time while being partied and I see nothing but a single 24hr perk playing solo then you have to admit there is nothing Random and rare about MI drop's if they drop like that. There are others on here that have already admitted in other threads that they have multiple MI drops and other saying they have seen multiple MI drops.

Therefore if this is 'Random and Rare' then there is certainly something wrong with the algorithm that determines it. Don't you think?

Sanguise23
28th Oct 2014, 12:53
they are just rare, i got a mystery item and an uncommon just on sat

--Ram--
28th Oct 2014, 12:55
I have thought about that myself and let it lie for a long time. I can only base this on personal perception but when people I play against tell me they get 3 MI drops in the space of 20hrs game time while being partied and I see nothing but a single 24hr perk playing solo then you have to admit there is nothing Random and rare about MI drop's if they drop like that. There are others on here that have already admitted in other threads that they have multiple MI drops and other saying they have seen multiple MI drops.

Therefore if this is 'Random and Rare' then there is certainly something wrong with the algorithm that determines it. Don't you think?

Someone could play for 1 hour and get an MI drop, while another could play for 100 hours and never get one. This does not mean they had different chances of getting a drop after each game, or that the drop rates are broken. Again it is just chance and luck. Sucks that you haven't found one yet but the majority of people are in the same boat.

You are taking a single exceptional case and talking about it as if it is the norm. What about all the people who played for 20 hours and saw no MI drop at all? So one guy found 3 in 20 hours. If this happens 20 more times then you might have a case.

Illusa
28th Oct 2014, 13:17
This is how RNG works people. Specially when it is stupidly low RNG.

To give you an idea one could flip a coin and get it wrong 20 times in a row while someone else gets it right the first 5 times in a row. The odds don't change on you getting it correct. Just how lucky or unlucky you are at guessing. Unless of course you believe in jedi's from the movie "Men who stare at goats".

Thus my rather huge disdain for RNG for items during events. But they did add the option to purchase the items via Gold so that is nice enough in my mind to counter that.

Though personally I don't want any of them because I don't like the aesthetics of the items with the glow crap on them. I find it deters from the atmosphere of the game. But I get the point of having the gimmick. Is what it is in the end. Just sad that from here on out for me to get an item with stats on it it has to have some FX along with it.

PencileyePirate
28th Oct 2014, 20:20
They only drop for people in groups.

Not true, I've definitely see solo players get MI drops. I don't think parties have anything to do with drop rate. Although it can be frustrating when you see how many a few lucky players get ... that's just how random drops work.

I still think the bad-luck system mentioned by Corey would go a long way; players with perpetual back luck would realize the drops aren't broken, it's just that the drop rate is extremely low and some players are extremely lucky.

Nurgor
28th Oct 2014, 21:45
i think its not a secret, that the whole MI item drop thing is pretty frustrating, today i played some games and every time someone else got something dropped, saw 3 MI drops today... just not on me -.-' but well, just a suggestion, why not make the drop system concerning MI's so that every game you finish and dont get an item your chance to get an MI next time raises. Say that the chance to get an MI is about 1 % now i finish a game, or 2 or 3 i dont care, and your chance to get an Mi next finished game raises to 1,1 % then 1,2% and so on, when you finally get one after many hours of gameplay this chance improvement gets reset again. The chance to get a MI ist still low but gets better the more you play, then there's some feeling of acomplishment too, rather then the short feeling of luck after a random "random" drop. ^^ the numbers are just an example i dont know what the drop chance of an MI is atm, and well this all is just a suggestion for making this game more enjoyable for the players ;)

Cristari
28th Oct 2014, 21:59
Not true, I've definitely see solo players get MI drops.

In my experience every time I see anything drop. I ask "are you in a party with so and so" the answer is always yes. This has been for every MI I have seen in game so far I have asked if they were dropped solo or in groups the answer is always in groups.

There is nothing random about an algorithm choosing people there is always a formula that ordains whom gets it. Adding a Bad-luck system to it takes it further away from being Random.

What I am saying is that the MI's always seem to drop to people in parties I have NEVER seen one drop to a solo player and everyone I have seen with one has said they were in a party at the time they got it. Can you be so sure that the person you seen get that MI was solo? Did you ask?

I'm sorry but I believe that the system in place is broken. Random and rare means 1 person can get 3 in the space of 20 mins? No I think not!

Just FYI the only reason I ask is because I am super suspicious about the drop rate already In my entire time playing Nosgoth (130hrs to the date of this post) I have had 2 drops all the rest of the stuff I have came from my levelling up and of the levelling of my classes.

PencileyePirate
28th Oct 2014, 22:31
There is nothing random about an algorithm choosing people there is always a formula that ordains whom gets it. Adding a Bad-luck system to it takes it further away from being Random.

[...]

Random and rare means 1 person can get 3 in the space of 20 mins? No I think not!

Just FYI the only reason I ask is because I am super suspicious about the drop rate already In my entire time playing Nosgoth (130hrs to the date of this post) I have had 2 drops all the rest of the stuff I have came from my levelling up and of the levelling of my classes.

I think you're confusing randomness and probability, as you seem to be taking issue w/ the probabilities of a drop and using that as a basis to claim there's no randomness (which makes no sense since they are two different things.) However I will agree there needs to be some change(s) to the distribution of drops.

cmstache
29th Oct 2014, 11:28
Just throwing it out here for people. Since I've played this game, the ONLY think outside of a perk or two (and even only a couple of those) that I've received in 900 hours of playing is what I've gotten from founders chests. There are people who just have bad luck.

This being said, it's hardly relevant because eventually there should be some sort of crafting/trading system in place to help remedy that.

Cristari
29th Oct 2014, 14:44
I think you're confusing randomness and probability, as you seem to be taking issue w/ the probabilities of a drop and using that as a basis to claim there's no randomness (which makes no sense since they are two different things.) However I will agree there needs to be some change(s) to the distribution of drops.

Random (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/random)
Probability (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/probability)

If there is no true random nature to the drop rate then it can not be called Random.
Probability is just a chance of getting something it encompasses all including Random and Algorithmic outcomes.

Again to emphasis my point - 3 Drops in 20hrs straight of Grouped game play v 0 drops in 20hrs of solo game play.

Why is it only Grouped players that get drops? If (because I have seen no evidence to the contrary) it is only grouped players that get the drops then this infers a rule-set which most certainly does not make it Random.

3 to one person in 20hrs is most certainly not rare. If it were rare then why should a person end up with more than others if they have played the exact same amount of time?

PencileyePirate
30th Oct 2014, 00:46
Random (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/random)
Probability (http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/probability)

If there is no true random nature to the drop rate then it can not be called Random.
Probability is just a chance of getting something it encompasses all including Random and Algorithmic outcomes.

Again to emphasis my point - 3 Drops in 20hrs straight of Grouped game play v 0 drops in 20hrs of solo game play.

You can stop now. All you're doing is proving you don't know what you're talking about. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to explain the difference between randomness and probability on a Nosgoth forum.

Illusa
30th Oct 2014, 01:29

Actually because your sampling is so tiny, those results don't really give any concrete answers.

Lets assume that there is a difference in drop rates between party play and non party play.
3 out of 20 FOR grouped
0 out of 20 FOR solo

With such a small sampling and not knowing the possibilities of the outcomes of 80 more drops... if you did 100 games total of each your chances to get a MI would be this:
Grouped = 3% - 83% or 3 drops out of 100 up to 83 drops out of 100.
Solo = 0% - 80% or 0 drops out of 100 up to 80 drops out of 100.

That leaves a lot to be desired needless to say. Let me know the outcome after 100 games of each and that should shine more light on things and narrow it down more.

If I was to guess a percentage for MI drops from the way the devs have talked, I would place it around 5% drop with + or - 3%. (aka 2%-8%)

Goldenrolls
31st Oct 2014, 20:54
Hi all, this is the first time I have posted anything but I am so annoyed because I have been playing nosgoth so much this week trying to get a mysterious item, would say around 100 games at least, and NO ITEMS.... Really frustrating.

TheDreamcrusher
31st Oct 2014, 22:25
Hi all, this is the first time I have posted anything but I am so annoyed because I have been playing nosgoth so much this week trying to get a mysterious item, would say around 100 games at least, and NO ITEMS.... Really frustrating.

I think I've seen 2 all week. None for me though.

Goldenrolls
31st Oct 2014, 22:36
it really sucks when you put in the time and get nothing for your effort. Also, why are all the Arcane & Uncanny weapons WORSE than the standard weapons? I've bought 2 founders packs, levelled to 25, plus all my character level-ups, and everything I get is CRAP. I've got an inventory full of useless crap. Can we please have a reward that is actually rewarding and not infuriating? please?

Khalith
31st Oct 2014, 22:39
I think I've seen 2 all week. None for me though.

I just have one question to pose to the people complaining about the drop rates, not trying to troll either honest question, what would be considered a "reasonable" drop rate? 1 every 10 games? Every 20? Every 30? Guaranteed if you reach X score? I.E. guaranteed if you get 10+ kills? Guaranteed if you break 10-15k damage? As it stands now, these MI's are for purely cosmetic purposes, I might understand if there was some advantage to having them. But the idea right now is that if you see someone with an MI it's not "wow that person is really good at the game" rather it's "oh they got a lucky drop and grinded out exp for it for a cool looking weapon."

Goldenrolls
1st Nov 2014, 00:02
I think it would be more fair if your chances of getting an item increased with the number of games played over a period of time, for example: if you've played 10 games, 10% chance, 20 games 20% and so on until you actually get an item then it resets. I don't know the exact rates but its just so disheartening when you play hundreds of games and get absolutely nothing. I agree its just for cosmetic purposes but so are the armours, banners etc. doesn't mean you don't want it :)

Cristari
8th Nov 2014, 21:15
I stopped playing at the start of Devils Night because I got fed up watching only partied players get MI drop's while I keep getting nothing. Has anything happened for Drop rate at all since Devils night. Has matchmaking been fixed? Is it actually worth coming back to play this again or am I just going to get P'd off watching other people collect MI's and other items while I get nothing at all!

xBaseLine
11th Nov 2014, 05:27
Well. Some seriously good sugestions. First question of all, is any Dev/Forum Support watching? Otherwise it's useless to talk here anyway. So, I'm at like 150-180H Gameplay since the Mysterious Wep's came out. Until now I got two Items. I'm not really complaining but the "Random" System sucks in my Opinion. I would say, only the Winner team is able to get drops anyway.(Otherwise where is the goal to win a Game). Then the chance is getting to 25%. Depending on DMG or Kills, i would get every match one Weapon. (Maybe +15 Kills + 20k Dmg). Anyway, i agree that it would be better to get it for something u made this round and not just for having luck :)
Played 10H got two Drops, now since 160h~ not even one drop for me and i saw (21 Myst Weapons).

Cristari
11th Nov 2014, 21:46
I saw my first MI Drop today that went to a solo player! WOO Hoo that discredits my Grouped players only theory. However he had told me he has 2 MI's now so the random theory isn't out of the window.

MI drop rates suck (I want to swear here but decided against it!)!

Guess I'll just toddle off and play something else for a month nothing seems to be happening around here anyway. I'll come back in December and see everyone else with MI's and I'll still get nothing dropping for me. Unless of course it's a 24hr perk!

xBaseLine
12th Nov 2014, 08:05
I can confirm it that Mysterious items go to single player. Well most annoying is that all the mysterious weapons i saw in the last days (22) went to the sickest or the second sickest player of a team. I never saw someone who was on place one got a item. Also it's annoying that's possible to get items if your in the loser team. Anyway I hope they definitly overthink the drop chance and the way how it's droped. That radom is just...

--Ram--
12th Nov 2014, 09:57
I saw my first MI Drop today that went to a solo player! WOO Hoo that discredits my Grouped players only theory. However he had told me he has 2 MI's now so the random theory isn't out of the window.

MI drop rates suck (I want to swear here but decided against it!)!

Guess I'll just toddle off and play something else for a month nothing seems to be happening around here anyway. I'll come back in December and see everyone else with MI's and I'll still get nothing dropping for me. Unless of course it's a 24hr perk!

Get it through your head man, there is no MI conspiracy, and no precondition to get a drop. You just have x% chance to get one that's it. You have gone MI mad mate just play the game and enjoy or don't. Its not about MI's.

--Ram--
12th Nov 2014, 10:00
I think it would be more fair if your chances of getting an item increased with the number of games played over a period of time, for example: if you've played 10 games, 10% chance, 20 games 20% and so on until you actually get an item then it resets. I don't know the exact rates but its just so disheartening when you play hundreds of games and get absolutely nothing. I agree its just for cosmetic purposes but so are the armours, banners etc. doesn't mean you don't want it :)

Agree with this, it would definitely make a lot of people happy. I think there is a fair chance this sort of mechanic will be added at some point to eliminate the extreme cases where 100s of games are played with no drop.

Vampmaster
12th Nov 2014, 10:21
I think the game should just pick a random number of matches you need to play and give you an item once you've completed that number of matches, then rinse and repeat. And it would also have to pick the random number if you'd never played a match before or only just got the patch.

This way you're guaranteed to get MI's eventually.

Cristari
12th Nov 2014, 18:52
Get it through your head man, there is no MI conspiracy, and no precondition to get a drop. You just have x% chance to get one that's it. You have gone MI mad mate just play the game and enjoy or don't. Its not about MI's.

Not just MI's but other drops as well. TBH I actually do suspect there are some rules in there that need to be looked at because I get very few drops of any kind at all. I don't just mean MI's but if the system that is in place is supposed to be random and rare then I still call into question why some people have managed to get 3, 4 or 5+ MI's and others get diddely squat. Come on you are not telling me that they are just that lucky!

Anyway I chose not to play for a while because I have some better things to do than watch other people in a game collect MI's which is what happens, think I'm bad luck for myself but my bad luck turns into other peoples good luck.

Sanguise23
12th Nov 2014, 19:06
Not just MI's but other drops as well. TBH I actually do suspect there are some rules in there that need to be looked at because I get very few drops of any kind at all. I don't just mean MI's but if the system that is in place is supposed to be random and rare then I still call into question why some people have managed to get 3, 4 or 5+ MI's and others get diddely squat. Come on you are not telling me that they are just that lucky!

Anyway I chose not to play for a while because I have some better things to do than watch other people in a game collect MI's which is what happens, think I'm bad luck for myself but my bad luck turns into other peoples good luck.

Random means exactly that is what is happening...luck

Cristari
13th Nov 2014, 19:03
Random means exactly that is what is happening...luck

RUBBISH.

--Ram--
13th Nov 2014, 19:12
RUBBISH.

http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

I'm not even sure a double facepalm cuts it here.

Sanguise23
13th Nov 2014, 22:04
http://i.stack.imgur.com/jiFfM.jpg

I'm not even sure a double facepalm cuts it here.

seriously!

Cristari
14th Nov 2014, 00:24
Seriously I don't see why you guys can't get what I am saying. Random and Rare should not hand out results where people get 2, 3, 4 or even 5 MI's. If this happens then you have to question BOTH the random and RARE behaviour of the rule set for them. If this is the case for MI's I don't see why we shouldn't also question other drops.

For you to put faith into this just because a Dev said it was random and rare just shows you as blinkered. Just because I chose to believe in something contrary to popular belief because atm I have more evidence to the contrary does not mean I am open for ridicule nor wrong.

If you want to prove me as wrong get the number of MI's handed out to players and see how many players have more than 1 of them then we can see if it is truly random and rare! I'd like to see a DEV provide this info anyway as it will either disprove me or prove me right. Just an FYI I don't mind being wrong.

xBaseLine
14th Nov 2014, 00:55
I already gave it up to hope on mysterious weapon. I got like 5-8 Hours ea day of gameplay and since 150H no more items for me :P
(Mysterious Weapon seen: 26; got 0)

Ysanoire
14th Nov 2014, 01:37
Seriously I don't see why you guys can't get what I am saying. Random and Rare should not hand out results where people get 2, 3, 4 or even 5 MI's.

That is exactly what you would expect when things are random. Some people will get none for a long time, some people will get a couple.

I found two, but I've played a LOT since they were introduced and it's been, what, a month now?

--Ram--
14th Nov 2014, 04:33
Seriously I don't see why you guys can't get what I am saying.

I get what you are saying and it demonstrates clearly that you have absolutely no understanding of probability. Your arguments are nothing but an expression of your frustration.

I have more evidence to the contrary does not mean I am open for ridicule nor wrong.

You have no actual evidence you just think you do.

If you want to prove me as wrong get the number of MI's handed out to players and see how many players have more than 1 of them then we can see if it is truly random and rare!

This would not prove anything. The chance for an MI to drop is independent of any other drop event. Someone who already has one has the exact same chance to get a drop as anyone else (still). They could get 5 drops in 50 games and it would still not prove anything along the lines of what you suggest. It is just really unlikely. Unlikely stuff can happen in probability. Deal with it.

Sanguise23
14th Nov 2014, 13:51
I get what you are saying and it demonstrates clearly that you have absolutely no understanding of probability. Your arguments are nothing but an expression of your frustration.

You have no actual evidence you just think you do.

This would not prove anything. The chance for an MI to drop is independent of any other drop event. Someone who already has one has the exact same chance to get a drop as anyone else (still). They could get 5 drops in 50 games and it would still not prove anything along the lines of what you suggest. It is just really unlikely. Unlikely stuff can happen in probability. Deal with it.

THIS!
I have played mostly the weekend after MI patch, i have gotten 1 have seen maybe 2 others drop