PDA

View Full Version : Devil's Night - Halloween Event

Saikocat
22nd Oct 2014, 16:37
http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/devil-s-night-is-coming

Halloween is almost upon us, and we're celebrating the occasion with a week-long event for Nosgoth, Devil's Night. From Monday October 27th through Sunday November 2nd, you'll be able to get exclusive items and rewards, for ONE WEEK ONLY!

As part of the end-of-game reward system, during Devil’s Night only, all Mysterious Items which drop will have a new Ghostly visual and audio effect to be unlocked, along with the stat modifiers you'd normally expect on these drops. It will apply to all Mysterious Item drops, for all Human Weapons and Vampire Special Abilities, and the drops are randomly generated. Once the event ends, it won't be possible to unlock these exclusive items, making you the envy of all your friends.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/290/blog/spectralweapon-01.jpg

Also available during the event week will be several special in-store items:

Exotic Items
Exclusive Devil's Night versions of the Human Weapons and Vampire Special Abilities (28 in total), with regular stats, but with the new Ghostly visual and audio effect as a permanent bonus

Player Banners
New banners will be available, marking Devil's Night, giving you a new way to customise your profile in lobbies

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/293/blog/spectralweapon-05.jpg

Devil's Night will start with a game update on October 27th, and will run through Sunday November 2nd. Once the Devil's Night event ends, any items you unlocked during the week are yours to keep, but you won't be able to unlock them after this, so don't miss out!

MasterZtark
22nd Oct 2014, 16:48
Thanks Cat!

Any chance the odds of actually dropping a Mysterious Item will be increased as well (at least during the Devil's Night event only would be a start)?

Varulven
22nd Oct 2014, 16:54

Vampmaster
22nd Oct 2014, 16:55
Thanks Cat!

Any chance the odds of actually dropping a Mysterious Item will be increased as well (at least during the Devil's Night event only would be a start)?

^^This. At least for the ghostly items that won't be available after the event.

Psyonix_Corey
22nd Oct 2014, 17:11
The ghostly effect is available on Exotics in the store for gold or runes, so if you really want the FX it isn't purely droprate dependent.

Basically, during the event window:
- Exotics: New item quality for events that have FX but no random stats and don't require recharging. For sale in store for gold or runes.
- Mysterious: Same drop mechanics as currently, but all mysterious drops during the event will have the ghostly FX.

I'll discuss the droprate with Square tomorrow.

Passarbye
22nd Oct 2014, 18:55
Really wish you guys could have included this weekend with the event, but that's okay anyway. I'm sure I'll get my fill of death and destruction during college courses next week. :nut:
pretty excited for the ghostly effect. it looks good from the screens.
CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE BANNER!

Zomb-omb
22nd Oct 2014, 19:05
All this Mysterious Item stuff has me putting 5-7 hours into this game a day, thanks to fall break. Still no luck though :c I hope that the drop-rates may be tweaked just a little bit.

The Exotics you mentioned, with the fx and no stats, are they all items or is it just something I can apply to any weapon or ability?

RazielWarmonic
22nd Oct 2014, 20:35
The ghostly effect is available on Exotics in the store for gold or runes, so if you really want the FX it isn't purely droprate dependent.

Basically, during the event window:
- Exotics: New item quality for events that have FX but no random stats and don't require recharging. For sale in store for gold or runes.

Yes. YES. A gold sink. I'm excited!

Psyonix_Corey
22nd Oct 2014, 21:03
All this Mysterious Item stuff has me putting 5-7 hours into this game a day, thanks to fall break. Still no luck though :c I hope that the drop-rates may be tweaked just a little bit.

The Exotics you mentioned, with the fx and no stats, are they all items or is it just something I can apply to any weapon or ability?

There is an exotic version of every human weapon and vampire primary ability.

Razaiim
23rd Oct 2014, 01:35
I would much prefer to purchase the effect so that I can apply it to any weapon or ability I choose, perhaps with limited uses. This way I can use my more favoured weapons and have them look sweet, rather than having to choose between my stat enhancing seige bow or a vanilla ghostly seige bow

Garfild_ru
23rd Oct 2014, 15:03
Don't forget to view Russian version of this post.
Не забудьте прочитать русскую версию этого сообщения.
http://nosgoth.ru/1000-devils-night/

Vampmaster
23rd Oct 2014, 15:10
There is an exotic version of every human weapon and vampire primary ability.

I'd better start saving up my gold.

Varulven
23rd Oct 2014, 16:09
Hiya, german version of this post!
Deutsche Übersetzung:
http://tales-of-nosgoth.de/index.php/news/events

Delirium_
23rd Oct 2014, 16:16
I'd better start saving up my gold.
hehe, its about **** time to spend 28k of gold i collected

Rago600
23rd Oct 2014, 17:44
I Wait until the event and buy a Viscous Cannon for the Alcemist.
I got Gold but i wont spend it for things i already own, one or 2 Items are Okay :)

NomzNomz
23rd Oct 2014, 21:18
I haven't played for weeks because of the poor FPS but this? THIS? I'll be there >:O

MuShYRoOM
24th Oct 2014, 14:27
Its possible to buy the exotic items in store after the event, or only during the event?

-Konf-
24th Oct 2014, 15:00
Its possible to buy the exotic items in store after the event, or only during the event?
Only during the event.

RoflBalast
24th Oct 2014, 16:37
Had those glowing hands effect on deceiver after getting hex'd with uncommon item equiped 1-2 days ago.

-Konf-
24th Oct 2014, 16:52
Had those glowing hands effect on deceiver after getting hex'd with uncommon item equiped 1-2 days ago.
Yep, happened to me as well. Even thought I thought that bug you're talking about was slightly more of a green-ish colour, compared to the blue-ish that we'll get.

Rago600
27th Oct 2014, 07:44
When is the Patch Rolling out for this ?
We have the 27th :=)

Blastin_Foolz
27th Oct 2014, 08:41
Yes. YES. A gold sink. I'm excited!

This.

Devil's Night will start with a game update on October 27th, and will run through Sunday November 2nd. Once the Devil's Night event ends, any items you unlocked during the week are yours to keep, but you won't be able to unlock them after this, so don't miss out!

Time zone and specific time?

Rago600
27th Oct 2014, 09:39
All TimeZones are IN, still no goodies ;)

FireWorks_
27th Oct 2014, 10:14
Gentlemen, this isnt your average 24/7 indie developer. They have 9-5 jobs and since they opted for a new patch to introduce it, it will take a the whole euro daytime til they get to their work, will take the euro evening til the patch is live and possibly another 2 days for the hotfix to iron out the freshly introduced bugs.

Agreed, their event management is a bit borked. Others introduce 2week events for the people to be less prone to rage. But they will learn hopefully after the n-th failure in a row with all the double XP weekends where people cant play, "stress tests", "new matchmaking" system, ...

Vampmaster
27th Oct 2014, 10:18
Patches for Nosgoth have typically been released at about 7 pm GMT, so I'd expect the devil's night stuff to be out around then.

warpster69
27th Oct 2014, 10:32
Gentlemen, this isnt your average 24/7 indie developer. They have 9-5 jobs and since they opted for a new patch to introduce it, it will take a the whole euro daytime til they get to their work, will take the euro evening til the patch is live and possibly another 2 days for the hotfix to iron out the freshly introduced bugs.

Agreed, their event management is a bit borked. Others introduce 2week events for the people to be less prone to rage. But they will learn hopefully after the n-th failure in a row with all the double XP weekends where people cant play, "stress tests", "new matchmaking" system, ...

I agree. One week is a bit short. Quite a few people raged that they couldnt get their double xp. Maybe they will rethink it and add an extra week. And the drop system doent work too well. Im level 29 and I have otten about 3 or 4 random drops. So chances are that I wont even get a drop during this event, so kinda hope that they fix that.

BTW, loving the game, even with the matchmaking issues. Good work and thanks to all the developers

Illusa
27th Oct 2014, 13:28
I agree. One week is a bit short. Quite a few people raged that they couldnt get their double xp. Maybe they will rethink it and add an extra week. And the drop system doent work too well. Im level 29 and I have otten about 3 or 4 random drops. So chances are that I wont even get a drop during this event, so kinda hope that they fix that.

BTW, loving the game, even with the matchmaking issues. Good work and thanks to all the developers

To be fair to them.. it isn't about you getting a drop but you dropping gold or money on the ones you want.

The odds are against you if you are hoping for a lucky drop. This is something to help purge a lot of gold from the game. That isn't totally a bad thing, but it is probably clean up for 2 things. Economy changes over the span of the game and the lack of items to spend money on for people that have played the game long enough and have the stockpile just built up for nothing.

Lets just hope the same event will happen next year otherwise a lot of ppl may end up upset because of the sheer volume of items they need to buy in a week's time if they are collectors and have to get them all.

Saikocat
27th Oct 2014, 15:05
Hi everyone,
The event will indeed start with a patch, we'll let you all know as soon as the patch process begins.

TheDreamcrusher
28th Oct 2014, 12:10
What was SE's stance on upping the drop rate for the week?

FireWorks_
3rd Nov 2014, 09:08
Hi everyone,
The event will indeed start with a patch, we'll let you all know as soon as the patch process begins.

So you didnt manage to start the event punctual (by 21hours or more) but you manage to end it sharp on the minute. Whoever is responsible for these things really lacks feeling. Didnt it cross your mind to maybe extend the event for a day? Sure it did. Why didnt you make sure it actually happend?

EDIT: Just read other posts and it seems you even managed to end it EARLIER than announced!?

Prime_Abstergo
3rd Nov 2014, 18:14
So you didnt manage to start the event punctual (by 21hours or more) but you manage to end it sharp on the minute. Whoever is responsible for these things really lacks feeling. Didnt it cross your mind to maybe extend the event for a day? Sure it did. Why didnt you make sure it actually happend?

EDIT: Just read other posts and it seems you even managed to end it EARLIER than announced!?
do few hours really matter that much for you?

Vampmaster
3rd Nov 2014, 19:11
Maybe he was expecting it to be out at midnight at the international date line when Psyonix in San Diego would probably not be at work.

dotHackAura
3rd Nov 2014, 19:48

In the real world, few minutes or even seconds can change the outcome for something , whether it be good or bad.

Anacrothe
3rd Nov 2014, 19:55
Yeah I noticed it ended early one week was way too short at least do one more day for the event. I mean I know its a halloween event but really one more day could not hurt...

FireWorks_
3rd Nov 2014, 21:08

The last time I checked in on said event day was 21h before I gave up. If you are truly living in the ukraine, it was even an hour later. Do you really think we are talkin about a few hours when its more like days?

Why would it be that hard to just add another day when they already see that they cant hold their announcements? Why did they end it sharply when they had so much lose time when introducing it?

You consider this a good or bad way of doing business?

You see that im not alone with this if you look at people posting for extending the event due to said reasons in this and steam forums.

If you hard code times in your patches, make sure they are reasonable. Better dont hard code them in the first place.