PDA

View Full Version : Development Build

Pannendienst
21st Oct 2014, 17:35
Hello folks,

what's about make the development build public ? So everyone can try it out before u make it live.
This may save us from future trouble !?

Sanguise23
21st Oct 2014, 20:56
this dosent make sense, could you elaborate

Pannendienst
22nd Oct 2014, 08:03

Maybe it's because of my good english knowledge... can't u even guess what I mean ?

Before they make their next build live, we can try it out. So there will be no massively crashes on the live build.

Khalith
22nd Oct 2014, 08:20

I think (think!) he means something along the lines of the PTR for other MMO's, let us directly play whatever the next patch is instead of what's on live as a means of testing it ahead of time. I sort of see the benefits of it in a live game but considering we're all in beta I don't see the point.

Vampmaster
22nd Oct 2014, 09:39
Maybe it's because of my good english knowledge... can't u even guess what I mean ?

Before they make their next build live, we can try it out. So there will be no massively crashes on the live build.

That's what the closed beta is for. So that things won't be broken when the game is officially released. The developer version will probably be easier to hack because of all the debug options and those extra options will probably have bugs of their own because they were never intended to be used by the public.